PDA

View Full Version : [Content] Neocron Mall

Chenoa
22-03-07, 14:07
[Content] Neocron Mall

At this very moment we are currently constructing a large Neocron Mall underneath TH2 which will open its doors in a month's time for a big 3 day party.
This will become a 3 day trader event during which everyone can take part regardless of whether you're a trader, a buyer, or just a spectator. The event team will aim to be there as much as possible in the guise of RP characters.

If you wish to organise a player event during the three days please let us know. We're on the look-out for volunteers!

In the mall there will be shops (not playershops but shops as they were in TechHaven Tradecenter) which you can rent for no charge. Registrations will be taken in advance so there won't be any need for pushing.

The shops will be staffed by clans, firms or clubs etc. who wish to offer any goods or services to the general public. It doesn't matter if it's a weapon, a module, armour or even drugs or girls from Tsunami Syndicate. It's your shop and you can sell anything you want.

You won't have to search the whole mall to find the shop you're interested because in the middle of the area there will be advertising NPCīs hosting your own dialogs. This means you may send in your own advertising texts (who you are, what you're offering, where you can usually be found, opening times inside and outside the mall, contact person etc.) The text must be provided in an ordinary text file (.txt) no larger than 5KB in size and sent to contest@reakktor.com (subject: Advertisement in the Neocron Mall)

We will also provide a Neocron Mall Office to inform you about everything happening inside the Mall.

In one corner we will provide a place for player-run auctions. Any number of auctions may take place during the three days but each auction must consist of at least 10 lots. Clans must organise the auction in advance and name the player who will perform the role of auctioneer. Please send in your character name, server and proposed start time to contest@reakktor.com (subject: Auction in Neocron mall) We will collate the requests and provide a schedule both in-game and on a website.

We will also provide various surprise amusements during the event!

Wanted contest@reakktor.com:
- auctioneers
- one person per server to organize auctions with GM support
- clans / firms / clubs for the shops / provision of advertising texts
- 2-3 runners interested in helping take care of the mall

Grand opening of the Neocron Mall (all servers same time) :

Friday, 30/03/07 ~ 12:00 (CEST) to Sunday, 01/04/07 ~22:00 (CEST)

PS: groups / clans / firms (no matter its size) in the Mall can earn a copbot trophy for its clan apartment ;) We will rate each shop for presence, commitment, input, motivation or even trader RP. A team or clan leader should be nominated to represent the team in advance. Outstanding contributions won't go unrewarded! While prizes will be offered during the three days the intention of the event is to promote trade so please be ready to do business.

Please post any questions/comments below.

So long,
Chenoa

Announcement:
GM Auction
(event rules are being enforced - offenders will be removed with no prior warning) :

Over the course of three days, a GM auction will be held on each server where WE will offer special items which you can bid on.
These items can NOT be bought with regular cash (neocredits), instead we will ask you to offer certain items. While we do let you know what you can purchase and what items we request, we won't tell you which auction requires what item.

The auction itself will be conducted at a good pace without any interruptions... so look sharp if you want to keep up.

For now - have fun collecting the bits n' pieces and remember to send in your texts/mails concerning the above.

Items that are up for auction:
- 1 Copbot Trophy
- 1 Cavespider Trophy
- 1 Hoverbot Trophy
- 1 Master Hunter Trophy of your choice
- 1 WoC3 PA
- 1 WOC Disc
- 1 Ultima of your choice
- 1 Homegirl
- 1 Yamagotchi
- 1 Key for Special Forces Hovercarrier X-15
- 1 Key for Special Forces Hovercarrier X-10
- 1 Showbag - 20 Items (non rare, non epic, non quests, non MC5)
- 1 Implant pack (5 Imps of your choice - non MC5!)
- 1 Furniture pack (10 shoplisted furniture items of your choice)

What you need to bid:
- Unidentified Expensive Techparts (ONLY 'expensive' parts!- we will keep them stashed for future event rewards!)
- Tronik Parts
- Large Hydraulic Parts
- Wood
- Metalplates
(all Items are being donated for a charitable purpose!)

GM Auctions are being held on (a detailed schedule will follow!):
MARS: Friday, March 30th 2007 - 8pm CEST
TERRA: Saturday, March 31st 2007 - 10pm CEST
MERCURY: Sunday, April 1st 2007 - 6pm CEST

Schedule / Registrations:

Neocron Mall - InfoGuides

Terra:
- Yoto
- Mr. Vendino

Mars:
- Mr Jones
- Motorola
- Boardcrash

Mercury:
- Calleano

Shops:
Terra:
- Clan: GunRunners INC. (Doctor Lugnut)
- Clan: The Death Dealers (Mr. Vendino)
- Clan: Phoenix ldt (Brammers)
- Clan: Crackheads (cracky)
- Clan: The Black Knights (Tiberious, Zheodaine, or Muddy Cat Paws)
- Clan: The Rangers Warehouse (Supersexy Female Tank, Annabeth, Judge-Judy and Kaylen)
- Clan: Doy (Ressiblade)

Mars:
- Clan : #69 (Lonny Blank)
- Clan : BNB (Honey, Motorola)

Mercury:
- Clan: Calleano Enterprise
- Clan: TT Ress u Const Corp (Terania)
- Clan: Die Luftschlossbauer (Zenobia,Zeno,Silverzeno)
- Clan: DLM (Eukanuba)

Auctions:
Terra:
- GM Auction - Samstag, 31.03.07 - 22:00 CEST
- The Blacknights (Auctioneer: Zheodaine/ Saturday: 31/03/07 - 21:00 CEST)

Mars:
- GM Auction - Freitag, 30.03.07 - 20:00 CEST
- Clan: #69 (Auctioneer: Lea Wonder, Freitag 22 Uhr CEST)
- Clan: BNB (Auctioneer: Noxxi, Sonntag 16 Uhr CEST)

Mercury:
- Calleano (nach Anfrage)
- GM Auction - Sonntag, 01.04.07 - 18:00 CEST

CMaster
22-03-07, 14:15
Very interesting.
Just to confirm, this is only going to be there for three days, then closed again?

james_finn
22-03-07, 14:18
As far as I understand it, it will be a temporary zone which will be open for the odd occasion!

Im sure this thread was locked the first time I read it...

P.S. good work reaKKtor - Im sure a lot of people will be attending!

/Delphi

CMaster
22-03-07, 14:19
Im sure this thread was locked the first time I read it...
/Delphi

Not when I read and it only had 1 view at the time, but attempting to reply to it has crashed firefox 3 times on 2 different computers.

Erm, question:
What kind of environment do we get? I'mm guessing its some kind of appartment? Is it an appartment type we have seen before? (could effect people's plans signifciantly).

Chenoa
22-03-07, 14:27
Not when I read and it only had 1 view at the time, but attempting to reply to it has crashed firefox 3 times on 2 different computers.

Erm, question:
What kind of environment do we get? I'mm guessing its some kind of appartment? Is it an appartment type we have seen before? (could effect people's plans signifciantly).

No app, shops or "great boxes" furnished nicely - let yourself be surprised =)

- Yes, the zone will only be open for the monthly event, it is something special , so not open everytime.

Tyler_Durdon
22-03-07, 14:34
very nice idea !!! we ll be there.

Brammers
22-03-07, 14:40
Can the dialogs be like this? (Maybe this will help other players with the dialogs)

NPC: "Be safe in the Wasteland - buy your Glider or Vehicle from Phoenix Ltd"
PLAYER: "Cool! I heard about you guys, what you selling?"
NPC: "Nearly every vehicle you can get, including the new Assault Trohphy Hunter Trike at only 425k"
PLAYER: "Wow! That's cheap! Any thing else you got?"

...and so on so long as the file isn't greater than 5k

Chenoa
22-03-07, 14:42
Can the dialogs be like this? (Maybe this will help other players with the dialogs)

...and so on so long as the file isn't greater than 5k

yap, exactly, that would be great. Maybe the other can use this quote as a template. Thx Brammers =)

unreal
22-03-07, 14:51
Is there any chance of thinking about PvP events and content to go along with the RP (or even combining them both) that generally isn't paid attention to?

From what I can understand, this event won't exactly be much of an event, it'll mostly be people sat around in a pretty new safe zone. It's good that you're doing something in terms of events and content, but to me it's the wrong kind of something in this case. Of course though, it's unreal here, I have to "complain" about everything, but I only ever do it because there needs to be a voice of reason, which people don't like. A lot of decisions seem to be bad ones. The people returning to this game won't stick around because of some Mall that's just a fancy version of TechHaven sector 2 for a month.

I just don't understand why what's long been the main reason to play the game, namely the PvP, isn't focussed on more. I've pasted the link to this thread to people and instantly they read the thread and said "What's the point of this?". I hope someone in charge gets the idea about a PvP version of this Mall, like a duelling hall, that perhaps re-opens every weekend so not everyone just stays in the sector 24/7. (It would be perfect for creating a hall of fame/scoreboard too). ;)

Also, having a sector full of static NPC's won't really be fun to look through, it would be rather tedious. Right click to enter the dialog -> Spaz your way through the dialog options (if any) -> Exit dialog. Someone will have a lot of fun right clicking on them all to see what people are selling, but I personally won't bother after two or three of them. ;)

Chenoa
22-03-07, 15:00
Thatīs your opinion, which i accept of course. But ive to say, that i was asked many many times for sth like this.

You can vote and post your ideas of your post here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=138901) pls, and i can let you know : The Mall isnīt the only project iīm planing ;)
There will come more, but step by step, and it will be published asap - for PvP too, i promise.

So pls stay in this thread on the topic of the mall, and lets see what will come in the other thread, thx ;)

Judge
22-03-07, 15:11
Why is this going to be only for a certain period of time, rather than always being there? I'm just saying because it sounds like a good idea which might well have merit beyond the 3 days its going to be operational....

Toxen
22-03-07, 15:14
Don't have time to comment right now as im walking out the door but I read the subject and Im gonna say a hopeful woohoo to neocron mall

Skim read it again, guess i better start buying TH apts for most of my chars, nc and doy are gonna be deserted now.... but I like TH as long as it doesn't have the anoyying blue lighting in the trade center

Dribble Joy
22-03-07, 15:16
I suppose I could do security.... in a safezone....

Chenoa
22-03-07, 15:30
Why is this going to be only for a certain period of time, rather than always being there? I'm just saying because it sounds like a good idea which might well have merit beyond the 3 days its going to be operational....

Because it is sth special, a party, an event you can prepare / organise yourself for.

VegaH
22-03-07, 15:43
Woudnt it be a good idea to keep this place opened all the time so all the traders can find a nice spot to do their things and all the runners knows where they can find the stuff? Also, i was wondering if a kind of "automatic shop" could exist...let me explain:

The guy whos a trader and got his stuff to sell could tag a price on the item and give it to a NPC. At any time the runners can go at that NPC and see what stuff they have to sell and if they buy if from the NPC, the cash goes to the trader that is selling the item, even if hes offline. I think this would enhance by a lot the roles of traders, instead of being only a sub-character that you log in when you need to CST yourself an item.

Throw in your opinions guys,

cya

Chenoa
22-03-07, 15:49
Woudnt it be a good idea to keep this place opened all the time so all the traders can find a nice spot to do their things and all the runners knows where they can find the stuff? Also, i was wondering if a kind of "automatic shop" could exist...let me explain:

The guy whos a trader and got his stuff to sell could tag a price on the item and give it to a NPC. At any time the runners can go at that NPC and see what stuff they have to sell and if they buy if from the NPC, the cash goes to the trader that is selling the item, even if hes offline. I think this would enhance by a lot the roles of traders, instead of being only a sub-character that you log in when you need to CST yourself an item.

cya

Nice idea, but not possible, iīm sorry.

And no, this is an event as i wrote, so only open for special times - for a party, meeting, a special event =) sth like this. Enjoy it ;)

Dribble Joy
22-03-07, 15:50
PM pour vous Chenny.

Tyler_Durdon
22-03-07, 15:55

cya

hm not bad, but think if they would open nc mall every day / every time, it would become boring coz you can go for it every day and whenever you want. After a few weeks it would look like the city center or ViaRosso atm ...
This way, its an event, and its particularly. So i think its ok to open that halls only on special days ...

and i am not a programmer, but i think its very hard to realize your idee with ne trader npc s, isnt it ? ;)

Chenoa
22-03-07, 16:00
hm not bad, but think if they would open nc mall every day / every time, it would become boring coz you can go for it every day and whenever you want. After a few weeks it would look like the city center or ViaRosso atm ...
This way, its an event, and its particularly. So i think its ok to open that halls only on special days ...

and i am not a programmer, but i think its very hard to realize your idee with ne trader npc s, isnt it ? ;)

100% agree / exactly !

:angel:

jini
22-03-07, 16:36
Nice event.
I need a shop for ooc spamming and shittalking with common used phrases and the like :p

VegaH
22-03-07, 16:44
Still...even if its hard to program, i still think the NPC trader would really enhance the profession of traders and be really cool for pvpers to buy stuff fast when they lose it in belts, and would help people from every timezone to participate in trading and stuff.

I still know this is aint gonna happen....Hope keeps me alive :)

Dribble Joy
22-03-07, 17:11
Well I'm thinking that a player shop should be run and staffed by... players.

Anyway, perhaps we could make this a monthly thing? Like every forth weekend?

Apocalypsox
22-03-07, 17:11

i agree, i think it would be cool to have something like this running 24/7. Would help traders get their shit together.

Anyways, Ill be there as a buyer i guess. Got rifles? :D

Skusty
22-03-07, 17:58
Ooo, a mall. :D

And. Can we really sell ANYTHING? And I mean, ANYTHING? :p

CMaster
22-03-07, 18:09
If it was open all the time, it would be empty, and does little that TH2 doesn't already do. If its open for just a few days, it focuses people and activity on it, and means peole can build up to having a good selection of wares or to buy what they need. Think of it as being like the market coming to town.

Dribble Joy
22-03-07, 18:09
On the topic of malls, something really should be done about OZ mall. Though it would have to come along with a big rework of how to incorporate more of PP/IND/OZ into the reguarly visited game world.

kane
22-03-07, 18:14
sounds fun at first I thought you guys were going finally ad player shops :D

Jodo
22-03-07, 20:07
Firstly, I like the idea of the Mall especially as it will only turn up every so often.

It would be good if there were items that you could only buy there when it passes through town, nothing extravagant or rare just something like a keepsake of the current time period. Perhaps a wall plaque saying "I survived Regants attack and all I got was this lousy Plaque" for peoples apts.
Maybe even a "Buy one, get the second half price" offer on tl 150 tools. It'd be a nice deal but not one that people would try to exploit by buying hundreds of them at a time.

Some shadey trader selling fake trophies would be funny too. Actual trophies that mimic the authentic ones but look quite shit really (perhaps the wrong colour with an arm or two that has fallen off and lying on the base of the trophy). Similar to the fake merchandise you get outside of football grounds and concerts.

Secondly I agree with DJ's comments about the OZ mall. Theres still so much already in place that could be utilized in one very small patch.

On the topic of malls, something really should be done about OZ mall. Though it would have to come along with a big rework of how to incorporate more of PP/IND/OZ into the reguarly visited game world.

james_finn
22-03-07, 20:39
Some shadey trader selling fake trophies would be funny too. Actual trophies that mimic the authentic ones but look quite shit really (perhaps the wrong colour with an arm or two that has fallen off and lying on the base of the trophy). Similar to the fake merchandise you get outside of football grounds and concerts.

That is an absolutely fantastic idea lol, only downside is the amount of time it would take to remodel the whole trophies. But having something that is rare and is only sellable at the mall would be cool - how about a PA with no bonus's or malus's but makes people look like they have a suit on? (Im sure they were around in neocron one :))

Heavyporker
22-03-07, 20:42
Just use the Outzone Mall for everyday commerce.

If you really want security, hire the damn CityMercs.

There are already empty shop space for professional/semi-professional traders.

Napalm82
22-03-07, 23:04
Hmmm, move GunRunners INC to TH for a wee while, sounds like fun even if i cant brag about my own "shop" in NeoCron.

So will every booth have a Go Guardian? because if im to sell weapons i'll need all the space i can get :lol:

- Napalm

/EDIT

Mail sent, better start stocking up on weaponparts and blueprints :lol:

/EDIT

Chenoa
23-03-07, 00:14
Hmmm, move GunRunners INC to TH for a wee while, sounds like fun even if i cant brag about my own "shop" in NeoCron.

So will every booth have a Go Guardian? because if im to sell weapons i'll need all the space i can get :lol:

/EDIT

Yap, every booth will be furnished nicely as i wrote - incl. a Gogu

Coid
23-03-07, 10:48
[Content] Neocron Mall
It doesn't matter if it's a weapon, a module, armour or even drugs or girls from Tsunami Syndicate.
Ok, since when can we get girls? When was this implimented? God i've missed so much :( -edit- Oh and can u get strippers for ur apartments now? :D

Napalm82
23-03-07, 11:52
We can get "Homegirls" from the Soldier Mr. Jones mission, other girls are GM spawn only i believe.

- Napalm

Coid
23-03-07, 13:05
We can get "Homegirls" from the Soldier Mr. Jones mission, other girls are GM spawn only i believe.

- Napalm
what are "homegirls" can u post a screenie or somethin?

Napalm82
23-03-07, 13:26
Cant find a proper screenshot of one and i aint home to take a screenie myself.

Basicly its a bikini babe lying on the ground which you place like furniture.

- Napalm

Toxen
23-03-07, 14:18

I dunno I like how theres part of the game world thats not so regular visited it add's a bit of something random and different to do once in a while. If it became part of the regular game world it would become boring very fast. Mind you I hated that they scrapped half the smugglers in ind a and outzone mall just for some freaking red pepper cafe (storyline that never went anywhere) and the mini ppr mission points. And in reality OZ is very small compared to P,Via and PP zones there isn't much wasted space. Most oz usage even back in nc1 revolved around oz1-2 and 9 and only because it was basicly because it acted as the Plaza shop equivalent for CA hostiles otherwise most anti-cities moved into pp asap and much PVP ensued.

Tbh doy needs its own outzone of sorts ways to get into doy that aren't guarded aswell as sections that aren't guarded procities can get into also. At the moment the game is still very geared in favour of DoY for alot of items. even 2.2 brought in some sneak DoY boosters that havent gone un-noticed.

Logan_storm_03
23-03-07, 14:23
Expect WANG to be there, selling certain types of.. ..services.

silent000
23-03-07, 14:24
Ok, since when can we get girls? When was this implimented? God i've missed so much :( -edit- Oh and can u get strippers for ur apartments now? :D

Im preety sure that if you speak to Chenoa in-game or summit you can get strippers + all access key in your appartment. We have one called Andy :cool:

Napalm82
23-03-07, 14:41
I wouldnt hold my breath for that Silent, been trying to get that buzzer for my shop for about a year now *pokes Chenoa* :D

But better get back on topic, im really looking forward to this event, finally something us non-capped people can do which doesnt involve a mass spawn of insane mobs or PvP.

- Napalm

nobby
23-03-07, 19:05
Can we not get GM's to create NPC sellers ?

You go to a GM and give all items you want to sell with their values of selling included, the GM then Creates a selling NPC with the same items and cash value you stated.

The NPC is then logging which items are bought and their cash value logged too, and after a certain time of say... 2 weeks, the GMs then go back to the Seller NPC's and see what items are left, how much money was made and then rids of the NPC for the next seller to have his chance.

You then get intouch with a GM to give you the money made and the left over items.

Wouldn't this be easier to implement ?

Dribble Joy
23-03-07, 19:14
It wouldn't sell the actual items though. NPCs simply have a list of items (with associated qualities) that they sell. They would also be unable to sell the actual number of each item. A 3 slot CS would simply appear as a CS of random slottage at a cirtain quality that you could buy again and again.
Part of the problem with player shops.

Richard Slade
24-03-07, 02:10
Does "firms" and "no matter in size" equal a possible size of one man?

And as a size question, if 'no matter in size' does that mean that a group of zero people can win if they're commited enough?

Chenoa
25-03-07, 13:00
Does "firms" and "no matter in size" equal a possible size of one man?

And as a size question, if 'no matter in size' does that mean that a group of zero people can win if they're commited enough?

Firm / Group = minimum 1 person!

HINT:

The announced times were (german!) CET , but last night Germany (and of course many other European coutries) changed to summertime, so i edited it to CEST (Central European Summertime - eg. Berlin).

For timezones, pls take a look HERE (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=30&month=3&year=2007&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=37) for the opening ! Change it yourself for the incoming schedule

Chenoa
25-03-07, 14:05
Update :

Added GM Auction in the first post =)

Donīt forget to send in your advertisement and auction Mails pls, so we can prepare the stuff this week !

Napalm82
25-03-07, 14:23
Do we get any type of notification if we have successfully gotten a booth at the mall? or should i take the whole "no reply" thing as a good sign?

Just dont wanna show up the the mall heavy with items and then be told "Oh yeah...you...umm..i think we have some room in the toilet, hows that for a booth buddy?" :D

- Napalm

Chenoa
25-03-07, 15:29
Hehe, no no, youīll get the answers of the mails monday / tuesday, if not - PM me pls again !

rob444
25-03-07, 20:37
With the current money settings in NC 2.2 there won't be much to auction with :p

Chenoa
27-03-07, 10:40
Hehe, no no, youīll get the answers of the mails monday / tuesday, if not - PM me pls again !

All answers sent, if you donīt get it, i didnīt get a mail from you :(

btw only 1 shop and no auction for terra so far. Deadline for the registrations is tomorrow, so send in your mails (registration for shops / auctions etc, read the first post) asap pls.

Napalm82
27-03-07, 11:25
Aha, no competition for GunRunners eh?

This mall, and all its costumers belong to me! :D

- Napalm

Bredahl
27-03-07, 11:47
umf.. comeon Terra!!! We need more shops and some auctions tbh! i wonna spend money!! :angel:

Brammers
28-03-07, 13:34
Aha, no competition for GunRunners eh?

This mall, and all its costumers belong to me! :D

- Napalm

Not any more! *Sends email*

Napalm82
28-03-07, 16:35
Damn, i hate competition :D

But hopefully you'll only be dishing out vehicles (Which is what Pheonix is all about AFAIK) so i'll still have the gun scene for meself.

- Napalm

Brammers
28-03-07, 18:14
Damn, i hate competition :D

But hopefully you'll only be dishing out vehicles (Which is what Pheonix is all about AFAIK) so i'll still have the gun scene for meself.

- Napalm

Yeah, we will be dishing out vehicles, and a few others things as well. ;)

Chenoa
29-03-07, 07:34
Schedule and registrations added in the first post.

Sad, we have 8 shops to rent... only 4 are taken on terra :/

The Info Guides will being briefed this evening, so nothing to ask them before :P

:angel:

CMaster
30-03-07, 12:24
Got to love the glamour of this mall. To get in, you climb through a sewer hatch. To escape, you have to climb inside a litttle box hidden in a corner.

Chenoa
30-03-07, 12:27
Here we go (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=139071)

/close