PDA

View Full Version : This Game Will Die If You Dont Fix It KK

tarasm
22-03-07, 11:28
I played 2.2 for sometime now and here are my obervations.

Pros
Armor System
New Rares
New PA
The nanites

And here come the CONS

1.Mob difficulty is extreme right now,My near to capp pe cant cap because I cant find anywhere to level,And KK why make this game Team if there are no people play ever?

2.Amount of bugs is just really bad,The reload issue,The log off and restart client issue.Heals don't work when you cast them.

3.IMP nerf,Why the fuck Nerf them if it is fine??Most of our cons are now shit and we dont know what to do.Move on is useless.

4.Laser Weapons are just recockulaous,You dont stand a chance if they have laser weapons.

5.Drones are just Overpowered so much that you can take out a whole OP team with one drone.

6.The money is just a huge problem,i came into neocron 2,2 with 3-4 mill,now I got less then 100k.

7.Why make the droner a reticle?He was fine before

8.Shields dont work once you zone really pisses me off

9.Most of us are running out of money lately,KK fix the money issue.

Gonna add more,its 5 30 am here

zii
22-03-07, 11:40
> > 4.Laser Weapons are just recockulaous,You dont stand a chance if they have laser weapons.

I took down a rifle laser user twice last night. I don't know what he was using but it was a rare laser with a fire mod, which my tank's set-up was not specced for.

In both cases, I had GRed in and had betweeb 10% & 15% SI when we engaged, and I killed him with my Speedgat. It took a while since I had to run away and dodge his laser gun quite alot. It really caused my tank's health to drop rather quickly, but he still died.

So yes, lasers are difficult, but not impossible. Of course, my example may be atypical nor relate to your experience.

Might I add that it was a lot of fun.

------------------------------------------

What annoys me the most is the drug flash. I get a very bad flash after I take just one drug. Its ridiculous. I never had such terrible effects on a comedown in real life!

As for the game dying as you stated in your subject title. I doubt it very much. If this were the case, then the game would have died years ago, but the game carries on so there has to be something keeping people here.

Tikuto
22-03-07, 12:22
I've not read your message. Only thrad subject. People of NC have been saying that for months and years, and it still stands as a good MMO. It can only get better, you know. :cool:

kane
22-03-07, 18:24
yeah Id like to see some pve fixed up.

ashley watts
22-03-07, 18:27
> > 4.Laser Weapons are just recockulaous,You dont stand a chance if they have laser weapons.

I took down a rifle laser user twice last night. I don't know what he was using but it was a rare laser with a fire mod, which my tank's set-up was not specced for.

In both cases, I had GRed in and had betweeb 10% & 15% SI when we engaged, and I killed him with my Speedgat. It took a while since I had to run away and dodge his laser gun quite alot. It really caused my tank's health to drop rather quickly, but he still died.

So yes, lasers are difficult, but not impossible. Of course, my example may be atypical nor relate to your experience.

Might I add that it was a lot of fun.

------------------------------------------

What annoys me the most is the drug flash. I get a very bad flash after I take just one drug. Its ridiculous. I never had such terrible effects on a comedown in real life!

As for the game dying as you stated in your subject title. I doubt it very much. If this were the case, then the game would have died years ago, but the game carries on so there has to be something keeping people here.

Now get a pe or spy to go againts lasers, it just doesnt come out nice :-), If you wanna see how overpowered laser is, go against another tank using a Creed.

Castr0
22-03-07, 18:33
Originally Posted by tarasm
5.Drones are just Overpowered so much that you can take out a whole OP team with one drone.
and

Originally Posted by tarasm
7.Why make the droner a reticle?He was fine before

Contradiction here ....
And I think drones should keep a reticle, without it, they ARE overpowered.

ashley watts
22-03-07, 18:35
and

Contradiction here ....

There still far to overpowered :p

Brammers
22-03-07, 19:26
@ tarasm - I agree with most of your points. The one's I don't agree with.

1. New Rares - Ok we got new weapons, which is fine, but the moving of the old rare implants back to the rare pool was a bit too much. The pool has increased from 49 to 80 items or 283 parts to 443 parts. Makes getting that new rare weapon harder.

2. Laser weapons - well the good news is KK can balance the weapons if they are overpowered without breaking everything else, as this was the big problem with 2.1 - adjust something, break 3 other things.

3. Money - Hmm PvP can be expensive, but I think my members have been making money ok from PvE.

and

Contradiction here ....

I've been a long term Drone user, and I didn't like the reticle on test due to the way I fly my drones high. And yeah, the PN needs a big nerf. This was the case on Test server, and still is in retail.

Hovever the points release in 2.2 has allowed me to skill Brammers as a rifle user. :D

z5o3
22-03-07, 20:27
Ok the main thing i hate about 2.2 is PVE, i mean FFS with the amount of people that play and the amount of ppu's there are you can never got a team going and if you do the ppu is usually capped/woc so they gain nothing form teaming. The way i see it is, 2.2 made the capped stronger and the non-capped people are basically fucked, cause it will take them way to long to get where the rest of the people are. Also why nerf a ppu? Dont you think thats a little strange? Think about it you spend your whole life healing your self/others and then suddenly you suck and a lone tank can kill you. My opinion is that PVE should go back to how it was in 2.1, or a little harder in that is was depending on how the new armor system works, and ppu's should be made to how they use to be. They should be able to tank at leats 3 people no prob.

Well thats my 2 cents :D this game can still be saved and made back the the UBAR game it once was

Coid
22-03-07, 21:01
I cant recall anyone ever complaining this much about NC1, mainly zerging and hybrids got all the flamin. Would be nice to see a 3rd party company bring back nc1 since kk wont...wonder how many people would play nc1 over nc2. food for thought.

Dogface
22-03-07, 21:16
If NC1 was as stable/buggy as NC2 then we would have a winner on our hands.

Coid
23-03-07, 00:22
Me Wants Nc1 Back....fuck The Content Pvp Was My Content :p

Nidhogg
23-03-07, 00:45
I cant recall anyone ever complaining this much about NC1, mainly zerging and hybrids got all the flamin. Would be nice to see a 3rd party company bring back nc1 since kk wont...wonder how many people would play nc1 over nc2. food for thought.
People complained incessantly when NC1 was around. Believe me, I was there.

N

z5o3
23-03-07, 00:45
Me Wants Nc1 Back....fuck The Content Pvp Was My Content :p

Yeah i loved the PvP in Nc 1 was sooooooooooo fun PLUTO FTW RAWR! :D

Dogface
23-03-07, 01:13
If NC1 was as stable/buggy as NC2 then we would have a winner on our hands.

N

Problem solved.

Fact is probably everyone who played NC1 would admit NC1 was better. Oh and people are still complaining the same if not more than ever, KK needs to try harder.

kane
23-03-07, 01:18
Problem solved.

Fact is probably everyone who played NC1 would admit NC1 was better. Oh and people are still complaining the same if not more than ever, KK needs to try harder.
2 thumbs up!

RogerRamjet
23-03-07, 01:25

N

It's a fact NC players like to moan. They moaned when NC2 was delayed, they moaned when it was released, they moaned just for the hell of it, then they moaned when 2.1 was released, and now with 2.2.

They'd still moan if NC1 was brought back (although they'd stop moaning about wanting NC1 back atleast).

:angel:

unreal
23-03-07, 01:36
It's also a fact that the reasons behind the moaning are valid and/or have remained valid for years, which is why it's usually the same old kind of moaning. There's also a lot more things to moan about thanks to 2.2 and the mass of things that are completely ballsed up.

Vid Gamer
23-03-07, 01:40
Yea, you cant say there wasnt a ton of whining during NC1, i was there too, and it was bad, perhaps moreso cause back then more peeps played too.

some complaints are valid, others are opinionated after a bad day or a crappy op loss.. :D

Nidhogg
23-03-07, 01:48
It's also a fact that the reasons behind the moaning are valid and/or have remained valid for years, which is why it's usually the same old kind of moaning. There's also a lot more things to moan about thanks to 2.2 and the mass of things that are completely ballsed up.
Naturally I expected your input (although I expected the post to go on longer and contain more veiled insults). My point, however, was not that the complaints weren't justified, but that they were just as prevalent, if not more so, back then than they are today.

N

a4nic8er
23-03-07, 02:24
So, in 5 years nothing has changed. Either people are still complaining without reason, or Reakktor haven't learnt how to please enough people to reduce the level of complaints?

Neocron 1 suffered from slow patches, lack of new content and game-destroying bugs. Neocron 2 still suffers from several of the same bugs (infinite sync screen, and fatal run-time error, to name but two) and many of its features promised for retail are still missing. Players have also seen the "Theme Week" feature fall by the wayside, a feature that was introduced in response to players' complaints over NC1's lack of bug fixes, balancing and content. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neocron#Game_History)

unreal
23-03-07, 03:46
Naturally. Might as well not disappoint you with another fairly long post.

Clearly a fair amount of improvements have been made since Neocron 1 and I don't disagree with that, even though a handful are probably due to the population decrease rather than bugfixing. We've all observed or experienced increasing instability with larger numbers. But the problems or changes that aren't an improvement are usually what stay on the surface of most discussions. Which in turn accounts for the majority of new threads and posts. Neocron wasn't nicknamed Bug-o-Cron by the community for nothing.

Since this is the second time you've decided to unleash that "veiled insults" comment, it's not very pleasing that you still think that about the majority of my posts (and assumingly most other peoples posts of the same topic).
No we don't. We are working hard to fix bugs. Don't think for a minute that we disregard anything on these forums.

NI assume your statement from the other day generally goes out the window if that's how most posts are judged? It seems you're able to pass on the message of "Great Job" with ease, but never a message that's twice as important and complained about so often?

I personally would rather talk about problems to try and get them noticed/resolved instead of just ignoring them which is generally the option most other people have chosen. All this means is important things are either missed or not brought up. Most of the community knew it was too soon for 2.2 to be moved to retail but instead returning/paying customers are now putting up with disruptions on par with 2.1.

Again everything tumbles down to the extreme lack of communication and attitude. Yet another issue that is repeated time and time again by the community. If Reakktor would just reply to us with a simple "Hey there, sorry, we're working on this, we're trying to fix that" or respond with "We've decided to do this, you should expect a few teething problems of this nature" it would make a big difference. It would be plenty enough of a reason for most of us to put a sock in it, as we know what's going on, and that Reakktor are indeed paying attention.

Instead of something that would be better for everyone, we always have to keep repeating ourselves until eventually an answer is prized from Reakktors mouth. The most up to date example being the implant condition problem currently being experienced on the servers.

Just any form of official response either in a stickied thread or just a reply in the originating problem threads would be a huge improvement on what we've had to put up with all this time. You would typically only need to post in one thread (which would preferably be some stickied thread) as all us regulars on the forum would be quick enough to repeat and/or quote directly what was said on the matter to everyone else who begins to ask about it.

What does it take to be listened and then replied to and given some common courtesy? A cash-in-hand bribe? I only ever want Neocron to stay alive and kicking for as long as possible, just like you or anyone else does. Why do you think I bother posting in the first place? I don't sit here trying to think of ways to insult Reakktor while not breaking the forum rules.

I wouldn't spend time on various personal Neocron related projects either, one or two of which I spoke to you about before Christmas. For one of my other ideas that I just started working on it's taken me about 5 hours over the last couple of days to recreate the world map as rob444 unfortunately knows. I've been giving him running updates on how creating path after path is incredibly boring, which is why it's taken so long. :rolleyes:

Apparantly there's an IRC server for all the helpers and staff to communicate with one another presumably among other things, so why is it so difficult to speak about the things that need to be discussed and improved upon? Why does everything take such a long time?

Using IRC as an example, it takes just under 2 seconds for me to type /join #neocron_private and a further 3 seconds to type /mode #neocron_private +ntspk somekey (assuming a bit of privacy is needed). From there it doesn't take much effort to babble away about things. I really hope "written procedures" or other time wasting things aren't required to ask a developer what he's up to, and whether he can answer a basic question. It's way more than is neccessary.

To sum it up rather shortly: Do you think you could try and speak to them about communicating with us a bit more? It never appears as though we're being listened to in general.

Archtemplar
23-03-07, 04:40
I've been with NC on and off since open beta, and i've seen the drastic changes they've made over the years. The thing we all have to remember is, that KK isn't a big company with lots of funding. The main problem with NC is NC itself, with all these updates and patches, its like building a castle on a beach. As we saw with the test sever to retail jump - terribly unstable. I agree that devs should have some forum contact to keep us in the loop, because the size of NC's community makes it almost seem like we're a part of the whole creation process, and in a sense, we are. Of course 2.2 was a disapointment to me cuz the bugs seemed to target everything I liked doing (farming, solo leveling), so I simply chose not to play it until I see some patches implemented that allows me to be able to play the game. We all love NC, admit it, but we would all love it more if we were given forum updates on the progress of the patches, so our impatience can at least be sedated for a time.

EDIT: To be fair we did recieve some notification of the LE problem, and even the apology unreal was wanting ;)

We are aware of this issue and will offer a problem solution as soon as possible. Unfortunately there is no instant fix possible. We apologise for this and ask for your patience.

Doc Holliday
23-03-07, 11:12
this threads getting derailed big time. there were more complaints in nc1 than now probably (i cant remember that well although there were some good forum fights. vetterox vs original monk was always hilarious or qd talking down to the world.) There were more players back then on the forum who bitched and whined than there are now i reckon. theres a few spammers some disgruntled vets and alot of people who to me seem fairly neutral in all of this and just want a good game. not a bad community. lol.

For the record i remember Nids announcement post that he was to be the new moderator on the boards. back when he had the copbot avatar. seems like a long time ago now. Cant remember who posted the thread though. maybe it was thanatos...

CritiNator
23-03-07, 11:27
I played NC1. I played NC2. I played NC2.1 And here i am playing 2.2.
I like features that came with 2.2. Monks now have to aim, PPUed teams are no longer in god mode. If i run to PPU and tank, i just rush on with my PE and tank. Droners are overpowered now, but all other classes are quite nice. Exept some high end weapons. Ionic Cannon, beretta, Freeman.. They are too easy to get in use, compared to their damage. APU's could have little higher freq. But im not complaining.
Im just sitting here, waiting for hotfix, that should have been placed immediatly after the VERY known and abused bug that is in game now. I reported it yesteday and they claimed that they know it, but still nothing has happening. THAT is what makes me sad.. Sometimes it feels like KK does not care.. I know they do, atleast on some level..

We are losing our economy ( last rips of it )... GIVE US HOTFIX!!

Dezh
23-03-07, 12:37
1.Mob Difficulty: I agree with you totally.

2.Amount of Bugs: Always been, probably always will be.

3.IMP nerf: I think IMPs are fine now, I don't see any point on ppl with 90 base dex using FL or 90 str base using DB, plus PEs don't really need to use any dex100+ weapons to kill ppl :P

4.Laser weapons: I haven't yet seen any problems against a certain weapon type(of course there is certain weapons but no TYPES)

5.Drones: Amen to your opinion, Agree.

6.Money: It is a problem, but it's a good idea IMHO to try and remove some money of the world, I'd like 1M prices more on certain items than 10M, even though it could be harder to get that 1M than 10M before.

7.Drone Reticle: No opinion.

8.Shields on zoning: Agree, totally agree. It's just funneh with PPu to zone somewhere and then crash, you're back and you've been killed by bunch of nibs :mad:

9.Running out of money: Don't agree.

Coid
23-03-07, 12:42
this threads getting derailed big time. there were more complaints in nc1 than now probably (i cant remember that well although there were some good forum fights. vetterox vs original monk was always hilarious or qd talking down to the world.) There were more players back then on the forum who bitched and whined than there are now i reckon. theres a few spammers some disgruntled vets and alot of people who to me seem fairly neutral in all of this and just want a good game. not a bad community. lol.

For the record i remember Nids announcement post that he was to be the new moderator on the boards. back when he had the copbot avatar. seems like a long time ago now. Cant remember who posted the thread though. maybe it was thanatos...
I paid less attention to the forums and more attention to pwning nubs :P Until recently this month ive started visiting and posting on the forums...hence why i barely got any posts ;) -edit- and seeing how im here on the forums every day now, im honestly starting to get tired of your guy's bitching...(not u doc) whether its a valid point or not...u guys are like a broken record. U know positive comments help alot more than the negative ones. Anywhoey at least some of u numbnutz can play the fuckin game unlike me i gotta watch from the sidelines on this forum, so stfu...

Scanner Darkly
24-03-07, 04:51
Dear trolls,

have a read through the archived nc1 forums where there only difference is that there are a lot more (now banned) people bitching and stop posting in yet another bi-monthly deja vu thread.

Even better, if you were really in NC1, find one of your own dissatisfied posts and remind yourself of the reality of NC1 - buggier, smaller but with more players (the only significant thing that was better in NC1 IMHO)

Toodles,

jini
24-03-07, 06:48
Dear trolls,

have a read through the archived nc1 forums where there only difference is that there are a lot more (now banned) people bitching and stop posting in yet another bi-monthly deja vu thread.

Even better, if you were really in NC1, find one of your own dissatisfied posts and remind yourself of the reality of NC1 - buggier, smaller but with more players (the only significant thing that was better in NC1 IMHO)

Toodles,
Actually, if they, instead the whine kept busy fixing their (most) mistaken setups and finally play the game, they would realize that the game is indeed a lot better than it used to be be it nc1, 2 or 2.1. Monk power is gone, para and DB is gone, xbow pes are goners, it's pure skill now. Bugs? many there's no question, but we knew they released 2.2 a bit earlier than what they should. That doesnt mean the game cannot be played..

Panthoraxium
24-03-07, 06:53
DB is not gone, a holy DB on a setup ppu, still is evil, but at least PE's dont abuse it anymore

Apocalypsox
24-03-07, 07:10
so after 5 years we still complain about the same things we did in NC1...

Let me ask, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL HERE?!?

Let me answer that too. Cause we all know, deep down, its the only damn thing like it and it will be the only thing like it for a good while. Nothing compares to NC at all. Its a one and only and we all enjoy it at the core.

NS_CHROME54
24-03-07, 07:18
Aye. Aside from my, ahem, prolonged hiatus, I've been with NC from damn well near the beginning. Playing 2.2 (admittedly only on a n00b character, as I'm still waiting for my transfers to go through), it's quite clear that many bugs have been removed. FREs and random syncs aren't NEARLY as prevalent as they were back in the day. Maybe my break allows me also to view the game through fresh eyes, I don't know.

Here's to you KK, I've known you, at least to some degree, for 6 years now.

But PLEASE, for the love of GOD, advertise some more!

Doc Holliday
24-03-07, 07:51
Dear trolls,

That will be me then :)

suler
24-03-07, 09:28
I'm with the some more communication from devs side. Also NC1 did have as many complaints but there are a few things NC1 did right they got rid of in NC2. The difference I dislike the most is the whole doy vs nc thing, the clan scene went from dynamic interesting politics to boring "U R FROM NC DIE!". Besides that I think NC2 has alot of improvements.

hatmankh
24-03-07, 12:54
Well said but our opinions don't seem to count for shit. Anyone would think we have made our own games and are competitors of the game trying to bring it down. (KK are doing a fine job bringing it down without anyone's help)

Guess what? We are the customers who want this game to be a lot better it was fine before, a few fancy features won't make the game much better especially if they come at a price of PVE becoming impossible not because its too hard but because its too boring.

Just any form of official response either in a stickied thread or just a reply in the originating problem threads would be a huge improvement on what we've had to put up with all this time.

I agree with you completly unreal if KK said "We recognize the problem with PVE and are working on it" or "We aren't working on it yet but we will as soon as we are finished with x problem". I would know that the problem is going to be fixed at one point or another and that would reduce people moaning drastically (especially me :lol: ).

Mighty Max
24-03-07, 13:19
Well you know, who asks, gets answers. The german Patch#160 thread asked. I know, i know you don't read german forums and you are not supposed to do. But if you really want answers, you either have to ask or to search:

It helps to click on "Quick Links" -> " Dev Tracker" to get a overview on official posts, and google to watch interesting posts in languages you dont speak.

There is one very recent post from John Doe

Sofern nichts dazwischen kommt, sollten ab Montag einige Bugs Geschichte sein.

If nothing gets inbetween, on monday some bugs should be history

solling
24-03-07, 14:21
fix the fire mobs i cant tell u how many times a fucking HOPPEr killed me now :p

SnowCrash
24-03-07, 18:10
Here you got the english translation of the statement by Dirk "John Doe" Wilhelmy which he posted in the german forum regarding the Law Enforcer situation.

We apologise for not being able to offer a fix for this problem already. In the course of the release some tasks had to be delayed that had held us up - we see it as a very important issue as well and will be able to deliver a proper solution in a short period of time.

The Law Enforcer will be exempt from the impending implant changes. Additionally we will temporarily suspend the rule which prevents a re-implantation of the Law Enforcer above skill rank 30 next week that will allow you to re-implant the Law Enforcer if desired.

We are convinced that some more bugs will be history by Monday!

Thank you for your understanding.

Nixon
24-03-07, 18:16
fix the fire mobs i cant tell u how many times a fucking HOPPEr killed me now :p

lol and i did the mistake of trying to go level my 81 base str melee tank on firemobs.. got spanked by a hopper :D

Nnno.. It's not funny afterall. It's simply borked.

lear
26-03-07, 01:19

N

People are going to complain no matter what, and no matter when, as there will always be disagreements with any game. The point is, what was better? What was smarter? We know you were there Nidhogg :P.

prozium
26-03-07, 09:13
Let me ask, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL HERE?!?

we is like what? 100 people? as far as im concerned Nc is gone....prob wont come back either...

SnowCrash
26-03-07, 10:25
You got your statements and so the this thread get's closed.