PDA

View Full Version : My LE is near to be wrecked...

Kalonji Faya
22-03-07, 10:56
And I'm lvl 40 so I wont be able to put it back in my brain ... is it normal ??! I wanted to keep it until I'm capped or near that but as You can only poke this till lvl 30... what can Iµ do ??! will a GM help me or is it nromal ??!

thanks for you're answers !

Dribble Joy
22-03-07, 11:50
There's a bug where imps are being damaged like armour. Will be fixed at some point (one would exceedingly hope that it would be in the next patch, whenever it arrives).

Here's to hoping KK removes the lvl 30 max req for imping for a period so people can get them put back in.

Kalonji Faya
22-03-07, 13:15
do you think I can ask a GM if I drop my LE ??!

thanks for your answer !!

james_finn
22-03-07, 13:37
do you think I can ask a GM if I drop my LE ??!

thanks for your answer !!

I doubt it, as the GM characters will still be limited by the ingame mechanics, so they wont be able to poke a chip in if its hard coded limited through the game (i.e. LEs) - the only hope is that ReaKKtor remove the limit for the LEs for a small period of time, so that people can put them back in if they are over the xx/3x rank limit!

/Delphi

niRee
22-03-07, 18:05
i guess all those gm's can't remove the limits. but gm's can manipulate your skills and XP ... so that they're in a position to kick you down to xx/30 and back after you have got it back in yer brain..

but if a gm does this is quite an unanswered question....

Kalonji Faya
22-03-07, 18:09
I hope a GM could answer ??!
Now I have 2 chars that I can't play because they have LE in very bad condition and that's very annoying...

ashley watts
22-03-07, 18:31
I hope a GM could answer ??!
Now I have 2 chars that I can't play because they have LE in very bad condition and that's very annoying...

Don't play untill they fix the bug tbh, but eh thats what KK want isnt it :( ?

Kalonji Faya
22-03-07, 18:54
Unless I continue playing without my LE... If only there weren't those dumbs who kill in caves while leveling... so what's the solution ??!

silent000
22-03-07, 21:26
Get some protection :angel:

Vid Gamer
23-03-07, 01:20
Wait, so the LE shouldn't break, but there's currently a bug that makes it break, and won't get replaced by a GM? How's that?

Archtemplar
23-03-07, 01:49
Wait, so the LE shouldn't break, but there's currently a bug that makes it break, and won't get replaced by a GM? How's that?

Welcome to NC. :D

Vid Gamer
23-03-07, 01:51
Has he actually tried to explain his situation to a GM or when they log in to do imp swaps? or are people just assuming he wont?

Cause if its a bug, then I see no valid reason why the GM wouldnt just give him a new LE.

Pestilence
23-03-07, 02:08
Cause if its a bug, then I see no valid reason why the GM wouldnt just give him a new LE.

If he is above rank 30, even a GM cannot reimplant the LE (rank 30 is hardcoded, a GM cannot do anything about it). So just hope that there will be a fix soon :(

Vid Gamer
23-03-07, 02:11
Ah i see, that stinks then. :(

Kierz
23-03-07, 18:03
i really hope this is a "feature" and not a bug :-)

/signed @ silent000, damn even wow doesn't have something as game limiting/carebear as the LE. my mates are always telling me about fights over loot in instances etc :p here we just get le'd droners..

SorkZmok
23-03-07, 18:20
i really hope this is a "feature" and not a bug :-)

/signed @ silent000, damn even wow doesn't have something as game limiting/carebear as the LE. my mates are always telling me about fights over loot in instances etc :p here we just get le'd droners..
Wow got pvp and pve servers. Thats the pvp switch. You can either pvp everywhere except for the starting zones or nowhere at all.

The LE should automatically pop out at some point though. I'd like that.

/edit
I actually think thats one of the reasons there is so damn many carebears. Becuase they are used to the LE. That damn thing should go out at /30 AT MAXIMUM, rather at 20 already. From then on, every character has to pvp. This is a pvp game. o_O

Kalonji Faya
23-03-07, 19:18
I agree this is a PVP game but I think its not fair that a **/60 char shoots a poor **/40 char when levelling in a cave... that's why I want my LE back, because in this game some ppl don't respect even levelling zones

I sent a mail at bugreport@neocron.com to ask what they plan to do...

Pestilence
23-03-07, 22:25
John Doe answered in the german section, that it will be possible to reimplant the LE next week, even if your char is above rank 30. A good solution if you ask me.

Kalonji Faya
24-03-07, 00:53
thanks for the info ^^ as I don't read german !!

that's good thing I think cause most ppl likes to keep the LE till lvl 60 or more so they can lvl w/o being killed but I agree its a PVP game and LE should be removed when you're high lvl , but not for tradeskillers :p

Kierz
24-03-07, 12:28
thanks for the info ^^ as I don't read german !!

that's good thing I think cause most ppl likes to keep the LE till lvl 60 or more so they can lvl w/o being killed but I agree its a PVP game and LE should be removed when you're high lvl , but not for tradeskillers :pthis is a bad thing =[ john doe if you're reading this please reconsider for the reasons people have said above, maybe when it's returned make neptune an LE only server and the rest have this imp decay which tbh isn't that bad an idea, as long as it's only 1% every 10 mins fighting or something...

if you're a real carebear you can imp a 120/120% LE at /29 and it will probably last you a good while before it falls out, and tradeskillers shouldn't be effected which is fair..ish.. (maybe make it decay on process using too? :P) it's always kindof annoying people get to freely cst rares for our enemies right under our noses.. unless they hide in the ever-increasing safezones... neocron - danger around every corner... neocron 2 - safezone around every corner.. =] cmon lets have away with the safezones and never ending LEing, if you don't want to be ganked then get some friends to play the game and level with you so you can put up a fight ;]
..seriously it totally kills the games potential atmosphere..

kane
24-03-07, 16:38
sucks for people who are past /30 right at /30 I put a 120/120 in you can get these at your local fsm!

SnowCrash
24-03-07, 17:59
Here you got the english translation of the statement by Dirk "John Doe" Wilhelmy

We apologise for not being able to offer a fix for this problem already. In the course of the release some tasks had to be delayed that had held us up - we see it as a very important issue as well and will be able to deliver a proper solution in a short period of time.

The Law Enforcer will be exempt from the impending implant changes. Additionally we will temporarily suspend the rule which prevents a re-implantation of the Law Enforcer above skill rank 30 next week that will allow you to re-implant the Law Enforcer if desired.

We are convinced that some more bugs will be history by Monday!

Thank you for your understanding.

IceStorm
25-03-07, 03:18
I actually think thats one of the reasons there is so damn many carebears. Becuase they are used to the LE. That damn thing should go out at /30 AT MAXIMUM, rather at 20 already. From then on, every character has to pvp. This is a pvp game. o_OSo you never want any built items?

Pre-2.2, it was possible to be a combat character and construct or res.

Post-2.2, it's no longer possible to CST and PvP. Because the caps have been raised quite a bit, in order to be a proper constructor you have to dump all/nearly-all INT into CST. Unless you're suggesting that CST Spies become MC Spies, they have no weapon option that doesn't make use of INT.

Most tradeskillers (RES, CST, REC) cannot PvP by design if they want to be good at what they do. Obviously KK agrees with this sentiment as they've made changes which further disable the ability of a player to PvE (let alone PvP) along with tradeskilling.

I've never PvPed outside NF (and I've only been in NF once for combat, for 10 minutes, in NC1). I have no desire to deal with the stupid zoneline ganking that goes on. You people don't PvP, you zoneline gank and hide in the safezone shadows. Christ, you were GIVEN a pro-PvP server, Neptune, and you didn't use it because you weren't patient enough to wait for the greens to cap.

About the only "PvP" that goes on in NC outside NF is at ops, it's occasional, and it doesn't matter since the holding op owner just waits for the clan that took the op to go offline and then just ninja's it back.

Chuck Norris
25-03-07, 04:47
All I know is if you want to attract new people you cant have LE's falling out all the time... getting chain ganked by griefers who do not care about faction or soul light would make any noob quit..

You need to make being evil much harder for the player. I understand why there were one character slot servers in NC1 now, made being a shit bag griefer much harder to get by. As for people making friends its very hard for lower lvls to do, very few of them no one knows how to get weapons or where to hunt and just many many other unknowns.

If you ask questions in help you'll usually get some retard cap'ed greifer telling you to "L2P" and spamming you to take you chip out so they can kill you. Instead of actually offering any real advice. I understand this is ment to be a pvp game but it really has an Anti-noob atmosphere, On my server there are like two main clans basically pro and anti and they are in two majorly different time zone so you don't even see much pvp aside from zone whoring or ganking noobs who were conned into taking there LE out or they actually thought they could lvl without it or its falling out.

:confused: the games pvp based so make it more life threatening detrimental to kill an ally or runner of the same faction.

Also consider making all things in stores way cheaper for lower lvls its almost impossible for alone noobs to make enough out of the sewers
to afford implants armor, tipping people to come back to NC to craft them items and or get implants poked.

Just a noobs 2 cents

Kierz
25-03-07, 15:19
lol... i'm so glad i'm not you IceStorm =]

So you never want any built items?the only people that need public res/csters are newbies, everyone else has a friend with and alt or has one themselves, and generally they're not LE'd (ever :p)

Pre-2.2, it was possible to be a combat character and construct or res.

Post-2.2, it's no longer possible to CST and PvP. Because the caps have been raised quite a bit, in order to be a proper constructor you have to dump all/nearly-all INT into CST. Unless you're suggesting that CST Spies become MC Spies, they have no weapon option that doesn't make use of INT.mc requires lore as well now, so generally you can't tradeskill and pvp which is a shame, you should at least be able to use a low tech pistol or something (swapping t-c to int and lore to dex would work..)

I've never PvPed outside NF (and I've only been in NF once for combat, for 10 minutes, in NC1). I have no desire to deal with the stupid zoneline ganking that goes on. You people don't PvP, you zoneline gank and hide in the safezone shadows. Christ, you were GIVEN a pro-PvP server, Neptune, and you didn't use it because you weren't patient enough to wait for the greens to cap.

About the only "PvP" that goes on in NC outside NF is at ops, it's occasional, and it doesn't matter since the holding op owner just waits for the clan that took the op to go offline and then just ninja's it back.ahhhh such a bleak view of nc.. maybe if you actually tried playing the game propperly you'd be less ignorant... the "stupid zoneline ganking" you mention only happens in a few various places (mostly just mb zoneline now) and is okay for a quick skirmish but it's never anything serious. Also don't start on the "pro-PVP server" it was never a PVP server because of the damned LE.. infact the changes were mostly more suited towards PVE players. For someone that has 16 LE'd chars you certainly know the whole op war situation... (before 2.2) op fights happened daily and only certain people would ninja back and it was never as bad as the bitching in OOC would make you belive

Dogface
25-03-07, 16:06
I've never PvPed outside NF (and I've only been in NF once for combat, for 10 minutes, in NC1).

Holy fuck o_O

When did you start playing NC!?

Eneco
25-03-07, 23:02
yes i agree that this is a pvp game, but i think you should be able to choose when you pvp. on one of my characters, i got a bug which randomly popped my le out. i stopped the implant process, but the le was already damaged, so now im screwed. as a pe, i definitely want to pvp soon ;) , but it isnt very fun getting knocked out by WoC PA, Xbow PEs when i have a tl 40 street rifle :(

Dribble Joy
25-03-07, 23:10
PvP is all at the end game, most chars don't have the capacity to PvP untill near cap. Which is why NC's (previously and still relative) lvling speed was a bonus.
Time to get grinding ;).

Eneco
25-03-07, 23:14
i really don't mind grinding levels to reach my capps, but i cant grind anymore because, like i said, i get shot down by capped players

IceStorm
26-03-07, 02:21
lol... i'm so glad i'm not you IceStorm =]
the only people that need public res/csters are newbies, everyone else has a friend with and alt or has one themselves, and generally they're not LE'd (ever :p)And without public RES/CST, the population stays as it is.

The Clan tradeskillers aren't LE'ed for obvious reasons.
ahhhh such a bleak view of nc.. maybe if you actually tried playing the game propperly you'd be less ignorant... the "stupid zoneline ganking" you mention only happens in a few various places (mostly just mb zoneline now) and is okay for a quick skirmish but it's never anything serious.I've spent hours in J_02 pre-2.2, shuttling back and forth to Mil Base every so often. There have been gankers who hung out there for the same period of time. First thing I saw in 2.2? A stack of belts at Mil Base and about half a dozen people shooting each other up.
Also don't start on the "pro-PVP server" it was never a PVP server because of the damned LE..Already addressed.
For someone that has 16 LE'd chars you certainly know the whole op war situation... (before 2.2) op fights happened daily and only certain people would ninja back and it was never as bad as the bitching in OOC would make you beliveI don't need to monitor OCC in order to see the worldmap change over the course of 12 hours...

Holy fuck o_O

When did you start playing NC!?
I've been playing NC since August, 2001.

Kierz
26-03-07, 08:55
yes i agree that this is a pvp game, but i think you should be able to choose when you pvp. on one of my characters, i got a bug which randomly popped my le out. i stopped the implant process, but the le was already damaged, so now im screwed. as a pe, i definitely want to pvp soon ;) , but it isnt very fun getting knocked out by WoC PA, Xbow PEs when i have a tl 40 street rifle :(where are you leveling? would it be so hard to try and avoid getting killed, you have a stealth tool as well..

And without public RES/CST, the population stays as it is.how exactly is it "impossible" to res/cst without LE.. as it is there's more than enough safezones at the moment, but even if there weren't any you can still stealth and have a decent enough con to take 2/3 shots, i used to enjoy the "on-edge" feeling i had when i was on my non-le'd tradeskiller going through unsafe places =]

I've spent hours in J_02 pre-2.2, shuttling back and forth to Mil Base every so often. There have been gankers who hung out there for the same period of time. First thing I saw in 2.2? A stack of belts at Mil Base and about half a dozen people shooting each other up.err don't you read.. like i said MB zoneline is one of the few exceptions, and to be fair what exactly is wrong with them pvping outside the millitary base (from a rollplaying point of view), they're not there to gank people zoning back and forth trying to get the the j-01 bunker to level, that is a misfortune (move PP exit gr inside pussy club, remove the guards outside and we have a perfect area there for a bit o' fighting outside the club ftw :P)

I don't need to monitor OCC in order to see the worldmap change over the course of 12 hours...are you claiming you watch it all the time and it barely ever changes.. cause that's an out and out lie, true the map doesn't completely change every 12 hours, but there will be at least a couple of changes.

I've been playing NC since August, 2001.i think he was more shocked (your join date shows how long you've been here) at how long you've played this game and said

I've never PvPed outside NF (and I've only been in NF once for combat, for 10 minutes, in NC1).cause to be fair that's pretty unf'ingbelivable imo, 4 accounts and you've played 5 and a half years but you've only played the game propperly for 10 mins..

why do you play neocron, it's one of the worst PVE games ever, the only reason most of us play is the pvp

solling
26-03-07, 09:50
stil kraz u dont decide whats the right way to play MOST people play for pvp true myself included but if people wanna play for the pve then LET EM :p

Kierz
26-03-07, 15:29
why can't they just do it on their own server so they don't ruin the atmosphere everywhere

i'm getting fairly tired of having LE'd droners camping everywhere, refusing to zone and let things reset so they can have the monopoly on whichever item they choose.. such a shame cause it should be viable to make a clan for the same thing LE's are exploiting to achieve, imagine a clan that camped el farid or the graves 24-7, running a monopoly on titans or VKs legitimately

Dogface
26-03-07, 15:30
We will let them play the way they want to, we don't have a choice because they're all LEd :p

Archtemplar
26-03-07, 16:13
why can't they just do it on their own server so they don't ruin the atmosphere everywhere

i'm getting fairly tired of having LE'd droners camping everywhere, refusing to zone and let things reset so they can have the monopoly on whichever item they choose.. such a shame cause it should be viable to make a clan for the same thing LE's are exploiting to achieve, imagine a clan that camped el farid or the graves 24-7, running a monopoly on titans or VKs legitimately

If someone's refusing to leave an empty dungeon, send a helpticket to have a gm remove them.

Dogface
26-03-07, 16:24
Works in theory..

Nullvoid
26-03-07, 16:40
Guys using the LE to give other people grief certainly isn't good but it doesn't mean the LE should be removed entirely, since most LE'd runners are just happily going about their own business not hurting anyone.

Icestorm makes a good case in point. Just look at all that effort he put in to compile a spreadsheet of all the new imps/armour values in 2.2. Such a thing is of great use to the community as a whole yet he is a die-hard LE user. Sure, he isn't participating in PvP, yet I'm happier to have someone like him in the game than the countless dickheads who think ganking people in or around zonelines/GRs and then having a nice spam session on Trade-NC is what this game is all about.

Kierz
27-03-07, 18:27
If someone's refusing to leave an empty dungeon, send a helpticket to have a gm remove them.sorry i intended on adding, and of course sending helptickets is fairly pointless unless you want a GM to direct you in a few days with a nicely offtopic question leaving you wondering wtf till you remember alll that time ago when there was a problem :p

Conduit
11-04-07, 22:53
Guys using the LE to give other people grief certainly isn't good but it doesn't mean the LE should be removed entirely, since most LE'd runners are just happily going about their own business not hurting anyone.

Icestorm makes a good case in point. Just look at all that effort he put in to compile a spreadsheet of all the new imps/armour values in 2.2. Such a thing is of great use to the community as a whole yet he is a die-hard LE user. Sure, he isn't participating in PvP, yet I'm happier to have someone like him in the game than the countless dickheads who think ganking people in or around zonelines/GRs and then having a nice spam session on Trade-NC is what this game is all about.

You win this thread, Nullvoid.

Though I do think that the problem with LE drones, and drones all together, need sorting out.
I know this won't be popular, but...TBH I think the droner class should be deleted all together. The well documented problems with them, that have been here since the start of NC 1, don't seem to have any solution. They're an endless source of annoyance to most of the population that cause more grief than gain. It's always been way too easy to exploit with them.

D31C1D3
14-04-07, 05:13
My LE is near to be wrecked... = DRONERS ARGHHHH! :mad:

But riding the derail, I have a comment. If there are any other LE'd droners like myself out there, how about we just use some consideration. We know we are overpowered and broken, so how about we just step out and do something else if some non-droners show up to our loot farms eh?

I've been soloing the ceres labs and mc5, I don't exploit kill, and I leave if someone else shows up wanting some loot (not if they are another filthy LE droner though :lol: ).

unreal
14-04-07, 05:18
In all fairness, non-droners in the Ceres Labs and MC5 buildings are exploiting their arse off as well, sitting in the same old hidey holes not taking damage, which has been going on for as long as I can remember. Why don't they have some consideration and bugger off too? ;) I personally think the labs at the very least should be closed until a more or less exploit-free alternative is setup. Right now you have LE'd droners in there with overpowered drones, or APU/Tanks sitting in the hidey hole firing away without taking damage. It's rediculously easy to get WoC disks if you can be bothered to sit there for a few hours.

Eneco
14-04-07, 07:21
does anyone have any info about whether the bug where non-LE'd droners could blow the shit out of little LE'd newbs was fixed or not??

Asurmen Spec Op
14-04-07, 07:55
This thread is why Im glad that all the people I get into the game I have them take their LEs out before they even know what it is.

Shit, one just came off his 10day trial and he killed a sniper spy that jumped him in regents.

My noobies make me so proud that theyre not carebears :angel:

Dogface
15-04-07, 00:11
That makes me feel warm inside :angel:

switchnine
23-04-07, 23:26
Though I do think that the problem with LE drones, and drones all together, need sorting out. I know this won't be popular, but...TBH I think the droner class should be deleted all together. The well documented problems with them, that have been here since the start of NC 1, don't seem to have any solution. They're an endless source of annoyance to most of the population that cause more grief than gain. It's always been way too easy to exploit with them.

If you want to do something drastic about problematic LE'd droners, don't delete the class, just remove the LE'd droners ability to loot anything at cap. That'll have them removing their LE's in no time :lol:

rob444
24-04-07, 13:35
I doubt it, as the GM characters will still be limited by the ingame mechanics, so they wont be able to poke a chip in if its hard coded limited through the game (i.e. LEs) - the only hope is that ReaKKtor remove the limit for the LEs for a small period of time, so that people can put them back in if they are over the xx/3x rank limit!

/Delphi

They can take away necessary amount of levels and poke it back in and then level him up again ^^.