PDA

View Full Version : Who's bright idea was it to..

Dogface
21-03-07, 20:40
Who at KK had the bright idea of putting a guard right next to the GR in PP3? Makes it impossible for some people to get in to pvp.

I mean really, I just can't understand the logic behind it. What the hell were you thinking?

eprodigy
21-03-07, 20:49
he didnt fire at me for some reason when i GR'd in and out.

or just go to ind lab gr..

but i agree just the same.

Dogface
21-03-07, 20:50
He takes a few seconds to respond to you, but when you're overloaded because you're a PE with lvl 4 armor and a cannon on your back, you have problems.

Drake6k
21-03-07, 20:52
I quit Neocron last time because of the guards
http://www.jackdiehl.com/neocron/guards2.jpg

Anyway, to remain on the topic, that is a load of crap, there shouldn't be any guards in pp3, or at least the normal city ones.

Did guards change at all with 2.2? Do they still have para?

I'll just throw this older shot in too, which picture looks more fun?
http://www.jackdiehl.com/neocron/gooddays2.jpg

kane
21-03-07, 20:53
yeah that guys a pain in the ass. I'm pro but come on I mean that guy sucks big time.. PP3 is our last hope for pvp in NC. or plaza 2 but not as fun with guard standing there..

Like said in another post KK HAS GONE BUNNY!

This a fucking PVP game not fucking grind fest asian game.

Dogface
21-03-07, 20:55
They don't have para anymore (which is probably a bug) but they seem to do more damage now.

gstyle40
21-03-07, 21:01
They don't have para anymore (which is probably a bug) but they seem to do more damage now.

they hav para, but the effect is minimal and the damage they do is comparable to nc 2.1. now since they dont do "damage from the gods :D " they actually miss shots which gives u a chance to excape. but yea, i agree the guards need to be removed from pp3 and pp1 gr. also the pp3 ind a zoneline has a guard. my guess is that they moved the guards from the pussy club and stuck them in those 2 spots cuz there r no guards outside the pussy club now

Mighty Max
21-03-07, 21:08
While it might really hinder PvP in these Zones, those zones are not really what should encourage you to open PvP. We are playing in a cyberpunk world, where in neocron a dictator rules who does take care about the thought and doings of its citicens.

It wouldn't really suit if there were daily fights in the zones representing the dictator's power. That's what Pepper and Outzone are for, where Reza's forces doesnt reach powerfull 'nuff.

I agree tho, that for more action the suburbs should be made more open and populated.

kane
21-03-07, 21:10
no one needs to venture off to fucking PP3... its considered more of a place anti still can come and go...

Hell fuck NC boarders are big I say we randomly spawn storm bots all over half nc map... the other half doy bots...

Pestilence
21-03-07, 21:12
Who at KK had the bright idea of putting a guard right next to the GR in PP3? Makes it impossible for some people to get in to pvp.

What about Industrial GR? Within 1 minute you are PP3

Dribble Joy
21-03-07, 21:23
I believe it might have been part of the storyline a while ago to do with clamping down on the regant attacks.

gstyle40
21-03-07, 21:36
What about Industrial GR? Within 1 minute you are PP3

while there is no guard at ind gr, there is one at the ind/pp3 zoneline. once u come thru ull hav aggro from said guard and will hav to zone to get rid of him.

and for those that dont know, rezza is dead......

just thought ide throw that last bit in for those that have been away for a bit :D

Mighty Max
21-03-07, 21:48
and for those that dont know, rezza is dead......

Who's that guy?

If you mean Reza, just remember Regant and how long he was thought dead. For the time within, the cityleaders still act in his name, don't they? Just take a look at what the CA-Information Managers have to tell.

Nevertheless, it's by far not a democracy... and survives only through pressure.

gstyle40
21-03-07, 21:59
Who's that guy?

If you mean Reza, just remember Regant and how long he was thought dead. For the time within, the cityleaders still act in his name, don't they? Just take a look at what the CA-Information Managers have to tell.

Nevertheless, it's by far not a democracy... and survives only through pressure.

so i spelled his name wrong BFD u still knew who i was talkin about right? so that first line was....pointless. anyways, some might b reading a bit too far ahead or triing to in this case. just because someone else was thought to be dead at one point and turned up later doesnt mean that its the in thing and everyone is gonna do it now. maybe, just maybe "reza" is really dead and those 2 guards were put there in those places on the test server for whatever reason and when they made the transfer over to the retail server they just forgot to put them back......hmmm food for thought me thinks.....gotta get back to "wirk" :D

Mighty Max
21-03-07, 22:18
Sorry, i was just as nitpicking as you :p

The thing is: a suppressing environment does not open a playground in its center.

Maybe im alone with this opinion, but places like PP, Ind, OZ are a much better zone for PvPing then Plaza. It feels wrong and totally OOC if Plaza would be opened for continously PvP action.

Raids of the cores of both cities, the DCC and P1/2 should keep the frequent low so that these actions represents events rather then playing Groundhog Day.

Braywurst
22-03-07, 02:37
I do believe the guards will shoot Neg SL runnars and it could be a measure to stop symp killing at the PP gr's.

gstyle40
22-03-07, 02:41
ahh yes, another twist to the already complicated pile of crap that we love :D will u be joining us for dinner mr wurst?

kane
22-03-07, 05:48
I would post KK gives shit all what we think but N will post a reply yes we do... Well maybe give us something like in fact we be considering changing or something rather then we are listening.

zii
22-03-07, 17:21
I do believe the guards will shoot Neg SL runnars and it could be a measure to stop symp killing at the PP gr's.

These guards'll shoot neg SL and anti city. The guards were there on the test server, and I thought it was a naff idea then, although I forgot to make a point of mentioning this to those that be.

This doesn't stop sym bitches because there are plenty of public GRs in the wastelands for this purpose.

I think its a bad idea to put these there.

There is also one by the GR in PP1 as well as PP3. Grr.

Nullvoid
22-03-07, 17:30
guards at the pp3 gr is not a great idea, but antis can get in almost as easily by using the ind area 2 gr...

kane
22-03-07, 18:25
Oh well I guess its a waist of breath bothering to try to talk about it. Sound like the hammer has already been slammed.

unreal
22-03-07, 19:51
I do believe the guards will shoot Neg SL runnars and it could be a measure to stop symp killing at the PP gr's.and
This doesn't stop sym bitches because there are plenty of public GRs in the wastelands for this purpose.The location never really mattered, and there's no way of stopping SL whoring unless you have an active GM (or GM's) online 24/7 and the information about every runner kill is logged and broadcasted to the GM's in real-time.

About a year and a half ago now, my newly made Spy named Unrael was pro-city and doing all the epics (Biotech or possibly the NEXT one at this point I think - can't remember which one gets you to go to Ancient Loba Village), so on my way I thought I'd run in to DoY and tag the first GR I found, so I didn't have to travel down the annoying gravlifts again.

So I run in and stealth at the Tsunami end and hop into the gravlift, and then two people appear on local. On the platform below a high level pro-city character was stood there repeatedly killing an enemy 1/2 character. The 1/2 would die, GR back in, run round the corner where the GR is and be shot again by the waiting high level char.

If more guards are placed at silly places like the PP3 GR (I hope PP1 isn't next :p) it's just creating less and less places to PvP in. If anything, guards should be being removed instead of being added. It's not a solution to the problem, it just makes things more boring. People will simply SL whore elsewhere as described in the example above.

Braywurst
23-03-07, 02:08
I didn't say they should have put the guard there I was merely pointing out a reason as to why they may have. And as far as symp bitching goes PP3 and PP1 were by far the most used GR's for this, I've seen it a thousand times. It isnt a fix to the problem as you pointed out, but they may have been trying to prevent it and just didnt think it all the way through as KK tend to do.

Archtemplar
23-03-07, 02:20
Symp bitching can all be done in Industrial and Outzone as well thu =\ Oh well, the guards made it easy for my lone tank to get my CA NPC kill for TG epic (which btw the epic prize is still FUCKING BUGGED :mad: ).