PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Favorite Bands

NS_CHROME54
21-03-07, 20:40
I didn't really feel like bumping a thread that was over a year old, so I decided to start a new one. And yes, moderators, if I am utterly and completely mistaken, do lock.

Basically, I love metal. Specifically, I'm a fan of melodic death metal, technical death metal, prog metal, and some power metal, as well as a smidgen of black metal.

Favorite bands and artists:

- Dream Theater
- Liquid Tension Experiment
- John Petrucci
- Opeth
- Dark Tranquillity
- Pain of Salvation
- Children of Bodom
- In Flames (From "The Jester Race" to "Clayman")
- Mercenary
- Adagio
- Angra
- Nightwish
- Blind Guardian
- (old) Iced Earth
- Testament
- (old) Megadeth
- Nevermore
- Arsis
- Nile
- Green Carnation
- Demons & Wizards
- Steve Vai
- Paul Gilbert
- Spock's Beard
- Symphony X
- Cryptopsy
- Detonation
- Necrophagist
- Atheist
- Cynic
- Porcupine Tree
- Kamelot
- Hypocrisy
- Immortal
- Arcturus

How bout the rest of y'all?

kane
21-03-07, 21:02
Avril Lavigne shes gangster I want fuck her brains out.....

http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/avril_lavigne_wild_hair_spread.jpg

NS_CHROME54
21-03-07, 21:23
... sounds messy.

ashley watts
21-03-07, 22:24
hmmm, i dont have a favourite band, im completly random tbh, Rammstein to the killers to fekin jojo ( id fuk er brains out tbh),

Why does avril have a big spider in her hair O_o

Sammson
21-03-07, 23:01
I'd have to say The Floyd boys (Pink) but then I'll be 50 in May, so I don't count :P

kane
21-03-07, 23:11
wow 3 of us are from Canada lol

NS_CHROME54
21-03-07, 23:23
wow 3 of us are from Canada lol
I'm from the Yukon. :eek:

Mr. Uplift Mofo
21-03-07, 23:29
I love listenin' to Type O Negative (http://www.typeonegative.net) while explorin' the Wastelands. :cool:

Sammson
21-03-07, 23:37
Yukon, nice. In my bush there is absolutely nothing to fear, not even a brown bear around here, Avalon, Newfoundland. Only problem is the the latency..

What gets me is there has to be thousands of Canadians on wow, and just a handful of us here. It doesn't make sense. Wow,to me at least, is a childs game.

NS_CHROME54
21-03-07, 23:38
Yukon, nice. In my bush there is absolutely nothing to fear, not even a brown bear around here, Avalon, Newfoundland. Only problem is the the latency..

What gets me is there has to be thousands of Canadians on wow, and just a handful of us here. It doesn't make sense. Wow,to me at least, is a childs game.
The thing is that WoW has over 8.5 million active subscribers. Neocron probably has less than 1k.

Judge
21-03-07, 23:39
Atm I'm listening mainly to:

-Kalmah
-Kataklysm
-In Flames
-Blind Guardian
-Opeth

NS_CHROME, from your list I recommend that you listen to some Kalmah and Kataklysm. Kalmah are a Bodom style Finnish Extreme Power Metal and Kataklysm are a Canadian Death / Melodic Death Metal band. Both very good.

NS_CHROME54
21-03-07, 23:41
NS_CHROME, from your list I recommend that you listen to some Kalmah and Kataklysm. Kalmah are a Bodom style Finnish Extreme Power Metal and Kataklysm are a Canadian Death / Melodic Death Metal band. Both very good.
I've actually listened to both Kalmah and Kataklysm, and I DO very much enjoy both. I've just never gotten around to ordering any of their stuff. I do quite enjoy the finnish varient of melodeath, it's thrashier. Bodom, Kalmah, Norther... all awesome.

Heh, I remember when I first got into Neocron, my favorite bands were probably Creed and Silverchair. O_o

Philchow
22-03-07, 00:02
The thing is that WoW has over 8.5 million active subscribers. Neocron probably has less than 1k.

According to a 10Tacle's report, Neocron had around 6000 active users (accounts ?) in June 2006.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a68279/, p.72

Matanius
22-03-07, 00:39
Well like ash i couldn't say favourite bands as i listen to pretty much anything (except most pop, opera and country 'n' western)

But atm i be mostly listening too:

-Machine Head
-RATM
-Pantera
-Shadows Fall
-Led Zeppelin
-A Perfect Circle
- and Skunk Anansie

Archtemplar
22-03-07, 01:33
-Tool
-A Perfect Cricle
-Disturbed
-Nine Inch Nails
-Stone Sour
-Sevendust
-Smashing Pumpkins
-Fantomas
-Incubus
-Iron Maiden
-Mudvayne
-Nightwish
-Powerman 5000
-Staind

I'm also a Canadian []*[] New Brunswick ftw.

Tyler_Durdon
22-03-07, 13:53
Amon Amarth
Thyrfing
Dark Tranquility
Cannibal Corpse :angel:
Six Feet under
Die apokalyptischen Reiter
Vader
InFlames
SuidAkra
Sodom
Siebenbuergen
Blind Guardian (old)
Iced Earth
Godsmack
Pro-Pain
Hammerfall
Equilibrium
Sabaton
Born from Pain
Disturbed
Lamb of God (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_mdej9vko)

RogerRamjet
22-03-07, 13:56
David Bowie, Sparks, Joy Division, The Skids, The Clash, The Jam, XTC, Gary Numan and the Kinks just to name a very few indeed.

And Oingo Boingo:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA 8| :angel:

carbonkink
22-03-07, 14:09
Well here's some of the bands I like:

Deftones
A perfect Circle
Mogwai
The Evpatoria Report
Nine Inch Nails
Lost Prophets
Chevelle
30 Seconds to Mars
Blindside
Metallica
Bullet for my Valentine
Deadsy
Orgy
Stabbing Westward

Judge
22-03-07, 15:02
I'm loving the amount of Metal here. Brilliant.

Serious_Sam
22-03-07, 16:24
I live for Black FUCKING Metal. KVLT!!! (and some death)

Just a brief list of what i'm currently listening to:

Carpathian Forest
Horned Almighty
Forgotten Woods
Arkhon Infaustus
Horna
Clandestine Blaze
Negura Bunget
Rotting Christ
Decapitated

If you want to see my entire cd collection (official albums only though) go to www.metal-archives.com and search for 'EmperorGorefiend' in 'User Profile'.