PDA

View Full Version : "This is a know bug, and we are yadayadayada"

Praetorian
21-03-07, 20:07
Alright, so i GR to DRT in stealth to try and recover a QB from our PPU that got ganked there by some 0 skill anticity. (around a handful i guess) when he GR'ed in.

I come in stealthed, get killed immediatly and well thats fine, it was worth a shot so i click my appartment and click to genrep there. What happens? Well i come back alive right where i died. Oh joy, now 2 QBs down, im pretty sure that was just a fluke and click my appartment again and try to GR. Same story... now 3 QBs down i start to get annoyed and i relog. When i log back on, im alive again (could be bug, could be retards rez killing) so i log in to the sound of me dropping yet another QB. Now im (at least) 4 QBs down and im finally allowed to GR to my appartment. I now have +70% SI and 7-8 imps are knocked out (2 where MC5) and all but my boots are gone in those QBs.

I make a GM ticket, and i get a nice mail reply (why bother to inquire about the situation) that its a know bug and you are working hard to fix it.

So lesson learned - after 2.5 years one particular clan is still full of retards, KK still havent fixed the bugs and to top if off, if you lose stuff for some reason that is known to KK as a bug in their game, well thats just too bad - you are just expected to go grind the cash to replace it.

I feel the urge to stay after my 30 free days are over. I do... really...

kane
21-03-07, 20:10
let me guess the German clan?

Richard Slade
21-03-07, 20:25
You got a solution to the bug?

No?

Well then, we're all on the same level.

kane
21-03-07, 20:36

No?

Well then, we're all on the same level.

Not really our job to have a solution. Were the players the people pay money for someone who should cough rewrite the engine figuring out the solutions!

Praetorian
21-03-07, 20:44

Yeah i do, its called not reactivating my 4 accounts after the 30 day period.

braydagner
21-03-07, 21:24
Yea... Rich, seriously. Every bug there is that players lose something, KK just says "Its a known bug, we're working on it." No help, no nothing other than an E-mail. Theres no "Oh, well its a known bug so we will at least go look for your belts and get them." Theres no item tracking yet (at least i don't think) so they wont replace anything you said you lost.

Welcome to Neocron

kane
21-03-07, 21:27
yeah like come on some people play PVE only... KK just lost them players maybe mobs were good they like the harder PVE but fucking lossing your le...

Yup there goes few people.

Richard Slade
21-03-07, 22:10
Not really our job to have a solution. Were the players the people pay money for someone who should cough rewrite the engine figuring out the solutions!
I know I know,
point was: "You don't know how to, they don't know how to, noone knows how to, heck, we're all the same"
No offense, just stating we're as good as the devs on this one

ashley watts
21-03-07, 22:31
Whats more KK just disregard threads like these, now THAT fucking pisses me off :angel:

Nidhogg
21-03-07, 22:35
Whats more KK just disregard threads like these, now THAT fucking pisses me off :angel:
No we don't. We are working hard to fix bugs. Don't think for a minute that we disregard anything on these forums.

N

NS_CHROME54
21-03-07, 22:36
N has spoken.

rob444
21-03-07, 22:59
[ edited ]

Tichondrius
21-03-07, 23:11
[ edited ]

landofcake
21-03-07, 23:13
[ edited ]

nobby
22-03-07, 00:01
[ edited ]

Dogface
22-03-07, 00:21
[ edited ]

Clive tombstone
22-03-07, 00:38
[ edited ]

unreal
22-03-07, 00:42
No we don't. We are working hard to fix bugs. Don't think for a minute that we disregard anything on these forums.

Nlol :lol:

It would be nice if there was a little more official acknowledgement or reassurance when information/problem threads are created. Perhaps an effort should be made internally to stop the nonesense fraffing around with all those "written procedures" and whatnot when it's over something extremely trivial like answering a basic question. Whenever I see those interview logs or just random Neocron descriptions, I end up laughing to myself, because they usually don't describe Neocron or how it's really been "developed" at all. It would be nice if truths were admitted as well instead of trying to find some sort of excuse. For example it's always funny to see the advise of "Please email helpdesk@neocron.com - Fixed. Thread closed" whenever people complain about bad sync problems.

At least everyone would be able to expect something that's realistically possible in a certain timeframe rather than expecting something that isn't going to happen. This is all the community ever asks, for Reakktor to be honest with us and give us more information instead of leaving us in the dark and frustrated. After all the people speaking about the implant bug in the last few days and constantly asking "when is it going to be fixed?" or "will it be fixed?" or even "is it intended?", it would have been nice to get a more prompt reply.

Lodar
22-03-07, 01:01
Post your opinions, whatever they may be, in a constructive fashion. Short, unconstructive and and otherwise spam-like posts are not constructive. Furthermore, if this thread gets spammed again I'll have little choice but to close it.

Coid
22-03-07, 01:34
gawd thats great, so many people pissed off and a big gap of "Edited" posts. Rofl havent seen that shit in ages....keep up the good work mods ;)

calim
22-03-07, 01:52
more communication with the community, please. We'd like to know what's you matter with the game. It's a very minimal community's game. it's time to do comms. Just say what's it's going.

Okran
22-03-07, 02:39
Unfortunate yes, but for someone like you I'm sure you have many more MC5 cpu's stashed away along with a large amount of items too - so they are basically easily replaced. Unlike you, I found it extreemly difficult to replace my stuff after entrusting the key to my appartment with all my items and equipment to a certain someone <wonder who that could be?> while I took a break. Then only to find when I returned that certain someone had apparently 'lost' my key to my appartment. I got over it and had to start from scratch without any help, but you won't have to! So build a bridge and get over it!

unreal
22-03-07, 02:47
gawd thats great, so many people pissed off and a big gap of "Edited" posts. Rofl havent seen that shit in ages....keep up the good work mods ;)It was people saying "lol :lol:" at what Nidhogg said rather than all sorts of random "omg wtf!" type stuff, but of course it's spam and got removed. :rolleyes: That's why my post starts with "lol :lol:" though. :p

nobby
22-03-07, 03:16
[ edited ]

Panthoraxium
22-03-07, 03:39

N

A bug thats been around since i started palying :) -

Lodar
22-03-07, 04:39
You realise that spamming threads like this really takes the point out of them don't you? Anyway, I won't be saying any more in this thread other than the next spam post and it will be closed. While we understand 2.2 has been a big upheaval for everyone involved, it is no excuse to blatantly break the forum rules.

kane
22-03-07, 05:46
hey Lodar stay on topic we don't care about ur spam delete the posts don't keep talking about spam u off topic!

:locked:

Praetorian
22-03-07, 10:18
Unfortunate yes, but for someone like you I'm sure you have many more MC5 cpu's stashed away along with a large amount of items too - so they are basically easily replaced. Unlike you, I found it extreemly difficult to replace my stuff after entrusting the key to my appartment with all my items and equipment to a certain someone <wonder who that could be?> while I took a break. Then only to find when I returned that certain someone had apparently 'lost' my key to my appartment. I got over it and had to start from scratch without any help, but you won't have to! So build a bridge and get over it!

I dont have cabinets full of MC5s. What i came back to was a clan account that had been drained to 1 NC. My blueprint app, my techs app and rares app all given out to others that stayed - who are now either not playing anymore or dont know where they went. So yes, i cant afford to lose a whole set of armor because of a bug like that. When i get an automated mail response like that, i feel that they (KK) are rewarding retard GR campers "oh yeah we know about that bug, but go ahead, camp the GR and get some QBs while we figure it out - its not like we will replace what those poor runners that get the bug lose anyway." - now if i had been able to get my armor back, i would be less inclined to vent my anger over the current NC state on this forum. But seeing them activate everyones account 30 days for this? What are they thinking... :wtf:

Coid
22-03-07, 10:56
You realise that spamming threads like this really takes the point out of them don't you? Anyway, I won't be saying any more in this thread other than the next spam post and it will be closed. While we understand 2.2 has been a big upheaval for everyone involved, it is no excuse to blatantly break the forum rules.
I honestly feel like the mods are being attacked especially when they arent the ones in charge of the core programming....u should all be sending hate mail to the programmers and not bluntly say what u think on the forums....im sure alot of newcomers read this shit and are turned off by it. Complain complain complain....thats all i ever hear. I use to do the shit myself but it gets u no where. We all know that they have been working on the same fuckin bug fixes for years now....why not release some opensource code and let some of the community help u guys out here (sorry this specific sentance is aimed twords the proggers at KK.) I mean worst case scenario is that the community cant help. Apparently u guys NEEEEED help. At this rate this game will die out rather quickly. REMEMBER WE PRETTY MUCH KEEP U EMPLOYED!!! Why dont u guys take that into consideration. I cant help but feel that everytime i email helpdesk@neocron.com (not that i have recently but i had in the past.) Im talkin to an automated THING!....Cmon guys.....WTF???? *sigh*
-edit- i just realized i fuckin complained lol.

Coid
22-03-07, 10:57
hey Lodar stay on topic we don't care about ur spam delete the posts don't keep talking about spam u off topic!

:locked:
Ever heard of private messaging....all i see from u is negative comments, u obviously aint helping....if anything pissing people off (ex. MODS/DEV's)

Brammers
22-03-07, 11:54

N

Communication - Sorry KK times in the past it has never been your strong point.

I see the same message coming up in the forums (Like my LE came out, now I'm getting ganked.), and yet sometimes there is an answer deep in the forums. Unless you a forum whore like myself, non-regular forum users are not going to find the answer.

So maybe it's time to put this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134194) back into action?

J J
22-03-07, 12:42

N

It would be lovely to think that nothing gets disregarded, but when there's half a page full of bug reports, most of them with requests for an official comment being totally ignored it's hard to believe. Maybe someone is reading them all and trying to figure out what the problem is, but come on, it would take 5 seconds for someone to post 'This is a bug, we're looking into it' or 'this isn't a bug, this is how we intended it to work in 2.2' and would improve the goodwill towards the team 100% It's all very well having a forum, where discussion can take place between the devs and the community but it's all totally worthless if the communication is purely oneway. People just get pissed off with their problems being totally ignored and don't resubscribe...

jini
22-03-07, 12:42
Seriously, when will they fix the LE situation? and how? There are people /3x that cant put it back in lol

Dribble Joy
22-03-07, 13:50
Removing the lvl restriction for a week after the patch would be quite easy.

rob444
22-03-07, 16:38
Seriously, when will they fix the LE situation? and how? There are people /3x that cant put it back in lol

And when will they fix the melee range on mutant scouts? How hard should it be to change the melee range on one mob? It's probably just a value or two in the mob configuration that needs a change, what is the reason it didn't get fixed in the latest patch?

Serious_Sam
22-03-07, 17:06
Ok, we've all come to the understanding that its the core net code thats keeping this game from its full potential. This is gonna be a long shot, but i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make the NC code open source. The name escapes me, but there is a game currently being made with the help of thousands of volunteer gamers. Give us the opportunity to directly do something for the game and i think the results will speak for themselves.

Snedex
22-03-07, 17:33
This is gonna be a long shot, but i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make the NC code open source.

First a repository would have to be established for which people could submit patches, re-writes so that the devs can review and integrate these into the engine (client and serverside) added to that your asking them to release proprietry code they they themselves own or have paid a licence to use. Nice idea, however I highly doubt that route will be on the KK agenda.

Nidhogg
22-03-07, 17:54
This is gonna be a long shot, but i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make the NC code open source.
What makes you think you'll be able to replace the netcode with anything better? Seriously, everyone thinks they're better coders than the original developers, well that's just ego talking. If I had a penny for every player (or even GM) who left over the years to develop something better, well, I'd probably be able to buy a small chocolate bar or something similar by now. ;) The point is I've not seen any of their results so far. If someone out there really is working on something on the same scale, good luck to you, I'm sure you now appreciate the scale of the task.

If you can demonstrate something you've developed that is as complex as Neocron then give us a call and we'll arrange an interview. That way everybody wins, and we don't lose all our intellectual property and end up shutting down the game in the process. ;)

N

ashley watts
22-03-07, 18:05

N

Ever since i joined these forums thats all ive been after :angel: ta my sexeh ^^

ashley watts
22-03-07, 18:09
If you can demonstrate something you've developed that is as complex as Neocron then give us a call and we'll arrange an interview. That way everybody wins, and we don't lose all our intellectual property and end up shutting down the game in the process. ;)

N

Very good point, but still, you cant argue the fact that the netcode, well isnt the un-buggiest of ones eh :rolleyes:

kane
22-03-07, 18:22
Ever heard of private messaging....all i see from u is negative comments, u obviously aint helping....if anything pissing people off (ex. MODS/DEV's)

Hey you post negitive comments too. I post positive ones too but once becomes a bug or something that should be fixed I will chew them down. I still love nc. But only way get them do something is to chew them down :P

rob444
22-03-07, 18:25
The point is I've not seen any of their results so far.

Maybe you have, you just don't know it yet ;).

Serious_Sam
22-03-07, 21:14
What makes you think you'll be able to replace the netcode with anything better? Seriously, everyone thinks they're better coders than the original developers, well that's just ego talking.

N

I understand where you're coming from, but believe me i don't think i'm an expert coder or anything. I just strongly believe the individual strength of a community, and in numbers, something can definately be accomplished.

I guess that old saying "Leave a group of monkeys alone with a typewriter long enough and eventually they will write Shakespere" has something to do with my suggestion.

But of course i understand the implications of such a move, copywrite infringment, malicious code and all that jazz.

suler
22-03-07, 21:31
They also wouldn't be able to make money off it if it went open source. I mean they could still charge for their server but there would be nothing stopping other people from setting up servers.

EDIT: on the original topic it is stupid they don't do anything about bugs causing loses.