PDA

View Full Version : Rez animation sucks like hell???

VegaH
21-03-07, 19:02
Hi guys,

Is it only or you guys also think that the new animation for the rez spell is totally ugly?

Bring me back my old rez animation!

Thanx :mad:

VegaH
21-03-07, 19:04
The first sentence was supposed to be : Hi guys, is it only ME or... lol :)

Dogface
21-03-07, 19:07
Yeah the old one was cool, it let everyone within like 100 meters know someone's being rezzed.

I guess the graphics guys at KK got bored ;)

silent000
21-03-07, 19:10
A sodding sparkler at bombfire night :(

VegaH
21-03-07, 19:10
Yes and well.....at least it was looking like your actually doing something magical or godlike compared to now where it more looks like a bag of shit with a fizzling sort of light that may hang up at anytime.

More of it, Think about all those discos that we made with multiple rezzing...now its just no more dance....

Serious_Sam
21-03-07, 19:27
What i don't understand is that, with all these issues NC is going through and has been going through, at what point did the devs decide 'I know what needs changing! The rezz graphic! YEA!'

I mean, really...

Brammers
21-03-07, 19:32
When I first saw the new rezz animation I thought it was cool.

...but when you consider the old rezz-dances, then yeah the old one was much more sexy.

Mighty Max
21-03-07, 19:38
at what point did the devs decide 'I know what needs changing! The rezz graphic! YEA!'

I mean, really...

That was just a bit after the old animation was broken because of the nc2 change in the player models.

I mean, really it looked so cool with those hollow arms and stuff ;)

rob444
21-03-07, 20:02
Yeah the old one was cool, it let everyone within like 100 meters know someone's being rezzed.

Indeed it was :). I think it should have those long rays, I think it was hard enough to spot ressing in distance (in op wars for example when bodies were scattered around the op everywhere). Now it'll end up in some clan defeats an enemy clan and they turn a blind eye for 2 minutes and suddenly a lot of enemies are back up again because no one saw those rays. That's just my opinion though but it was a certain feeling when you saw those rays, you knew death might await you when you get to those rays, hmm yes.. special feeling...

kane
21-03-07, 20:05
Yeah I will agree with Rob I think old one is a must... Now people can sneak and ninja res it sucks. I really would like to see the old way back.

nobby
22-03-07, 00:34
I saw it, thought hmm... :)

Then remembered I loved the old one !

I WANT THE OLD ONE !

kane
22-03-07, 05:50
well I hate bumping but hell I think this take them around 30 secs to change in a patch!

Apocalypsox
22-03-07, 07:23
Guys...the old rezz is just a classic...Its original...it is not something that can just be TOOKEN OUT...i remember the Disco Parties in NC1 in P2 where we had 4 or 5 ppus all casting rezz and everyone fucking about drinking...eating...shooting eachother...sexxing corpses...etc...

It was fun! You cannot take a classic out of the game!

BRING BACK THE DISCOBALLS!

jini
22-03-07, 08:23
Yea, bring it back...

Panthoraxium
22-03-07, 08:28
Yea woo Bring it back! wooo Yea.. I mean what, the old one only let a palyer run cast a rezz from, what 2000yards?

The reason the animation was changed, is to kill the old rezz exploit - ..tyvm, Small price to pay, for deleting a majorly annoying pvp exploit!

No wonder vegah wants it back

kane
22-03-07, 08:55
[ edited ]

Coid
22-03-07, 11:02
there was a rumor way back in the day when nc1 retail came out that this game was funded by a really rich ass kid who wanted to make a game how he saw fit. never know? maybe its true....cuz obviously someones makin the decisions on these things...but who?

ashley watts
22-03-07, 18:14
The new rezz Sucks ASS :mad:

kane
22-03-07, 18:20
there was a rumor way back in the day when nc1 retail came out that this game was funded by a really rich ass kid who wanted to make a game how he saw fit. never know? maybe its true....cuz obviously someones makin the decisions on these things...but who?

if that was true he be smart already asked for a engine rewrite :P

Coid
22-03-07, 21:07
can someone post screenies of the new rez? i kinda cant play nc atm but i wanna see for myself =\ i know someone has a screenie somewhere

Apocalypsox
22-03-07, 21:15
i never knew an animation could constitute an exploit on its end...

rob444
22-03-07, 22:29
can someone post screenies of the new rez? i kinda cant play nc atm but i wanna see for myself =\ i know someone has a screenie somewhere

Youtubed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teH7OdFUho4
Might not work atm, it might be under processing.

I hope the quality on the video doesn't suck donkeyballs :rolleyes: (bleh at youtube)

Coid
22-03-07, 23:32
Youtubed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teH7OdFUho4
Might not work atm, it might be under processing.

I hope the quality on the video doesn't suck donkeyballs :rolleyes: (bleh at youtube)
very good quality, thanks and yes it is by far much much worse than the old one. Looks like a fuckin sparkler u get from a fireworks stand rofl....Weak.

kane
23-03-07, 01:22
anyone reading this post thats going comment on this.

Panthoraxium
23-03-07, 04:31
i never knew an animation could constitute an exploit on its end...

They coudlnt fix the sound/animation problem of the rezz causing an exploit

Coid
23-03-07, 12:50
They coudlnt fix the sound/animation problem of the rezz causing an exploit
which is why they changed it? and what exploit ru talkin bout? I dont recall ever hearing about a rez exploit. :\

Drake6k
23-03-07, 13:46
The new one looks cool, but not cool enough to replace the old rez. I've never seen anything like the old rez in a game before..

My vote is to bring back old one.

Serious_Sam
23-03-07, 16:56
Ok, so we've decided the rezz change is stupid, now on to the other change. FLAME QUEEN AVALANCHE!!!! This used to be the prettiest looking APU in the game, now they've changed it to complete SHIT.

The old one was a cool fire bat with flapping wings travelling in a straight line. Now though, its a arching cluster fuck that will probably just hit the ceiling if you're indoors anyway. I can sort of understand how it can be more faithful to its name, but why would you take something unanimously good and just replace it?

Again, aren't there more important things to fix/change?