PDA

View Full Version : To any dev: Regarding the world map

Toxen
21-03-07, 16:58
Just trying to see if theres some way to solve the issue with widescreen and the world map, the issue doesn't appear to be one with the map itself but the overlay rendering it appears to use a 0,0 (x,y) corner coords to postion the overlay render and stragely the X (current location) and op control key overlay seem to use different (0,0) coord render positions aswell. The op control overlay uses the top left position as the 0,0 point where the current location indicator seems to use the bottom right as the 0,0 point. So in widescreen resolution even though the map is centered and the overlays are the correct size they are skewed to different positions than they should be. Only advice I can give that would fix the problem peramently would be to set the overlay renders to use the center of the screen as the reference point for positioning the renders.

Anyway couple of screenies to emphasize the point one of a normal screen ratio resolution then one at widescreen.

Private_Eye44
21-03-07, 17:42
same thing happened with one of my nibs in MC5 and near el farid

kane
21-03-07, 18:18
devs are not going to fix this. Why? Well I don't know be nice if they told us.

Toxen
21-03-07, 19:21
same thing happened with one of my nibs in MC5 and near el farid
Its not a temp bug, its an issue with widescreen resolutions

Serious_Sam
21-03-07, 19:28
To be totally honest, since i've been playing on my new widescreen laptop, this issue has been the least of my worries. But then again, i'm not really OP fighting at this moment.

kane
21-03-07, 19:52
it bothers me a lot been like this for years since I always played widescreen.

But I mean it really needs to be fixed... Tech giving us a disadvantage over non widescreen users :P

zii
23-03-07, 12:50
Actually, it is useful to have the world map in 4:3 instead of widescreen, because while you are lookinh at it you can see your Health and your local screen. Much better if one is reading the map in the wastelands.

Toxen
23-03-07, 14:03
Actually, it is useful to have the world map in 4:3 instead of widescreen, because while you are lookinh at it you can see your Health and your local screen. Much better if one is reading the map in the wastelands.

Aye tis true, issue isn't really wanting a widescreen map its wanting overlays that display correctly for the map wether its 4:3 or 16:9 which taking the center point and using that to reference for the overlay positioning would work eitherway then it would mean less work for KK changing just the coord reference system rather than having to get new widescreen maps produced