PDA

View Full Version : Melee GenTank still go?

Vid Gamer
21-03-07, 00:47
Hey all, I have a NC1 capped melee Gentank, I played a BIT of NC2.1 but didnt really like it but im back for the 30 free days, i have a few questions:

1. did they raise level caps since 2.1?
2. melee still good or HC is the way to go?
3. My Stats are set up for NC1 gameplay, anything I need to change for 2.2 in terms of point allocation, armor, imps, etc.?

thx!

Dribble Joy
21-03-07, 01:57
Still got your 100 str, 100 con etc. caps, though dmg/freq/aiming caps have been removed, so more combat skilling the more dmg you do.

Melee afaik is still reasonable, though I haven't come across any in NF yet to see if they are any good.

yuuki
21-03-07, 02:03
erm i'd highly recommend you go hc, mc damage is just way too low and with the increased mob difficulty you will have a really hard time making some cash or leveling.
as to caps, they intoduced a 'softcapp', this means capp is still 178% damage afaik, but it's not sensible to try reaching it as you need way too many skillpoints once you damage is around 140ish.
all imps have changed and the armor system is new as well, so you may need to get alot of new stuff and put some of your old thingies in a cabinet until the next balancing :p
you should go for around 1200 health, resists more or less balanced, mebbe a bit more energy as this is base damage for most tc weapons, especially lasers as these are amongst the strongest (overpowered, choose which term you prefer) weapons in game atm.
hope that helped a bit, actually you'll need some time to adapt to the new system, so take your time and get familiar with it.

Vid Gamer
21-03-07, 02:31
thanks, anyone on terra can help me start out a bit and get me on my feet? im capped already so all i need is to respec with proper armor and imps, and to get my SL to normal. :)

Im in TH atm

awkward silence
21-03-07, 18:43
Melee is shite atm... for example my melee PE on test did about half the damage my Judge PE did.

Melee is fucked even on fully capped melee tanks if you compare them to heavy tanks.

So... go HC untill they un-fuck up melee in general.

Oh and if you need a 100k, some armour or imps etc just give afterglow/awkward silence/paige/brent a shout

Vid Gamer
21-03-07, 19:07
Heh, I specced to Melee during NC1 when the PoB had Poison damage which owned everyone. :D .. I dunno, I think I might stick to melee for now just cause the pain of switching all my melee to HC takes forever, unless LoMs are quicker nowadays, i dunno.

Ill def hit you up ingame if i see you on, thanks. :)

Dogface
21-03-07, 19:38
Loms temporarily give no SI when taken but still reduce the usual amount of XP.

ashley watts
21-03-07, 20:26
Meele is shit :angel:

kane
21-03-07, 21:21
yeah loms are intent temp but u still lose exp.

Vid Gamer
21-03-07, 22:21
I just realised everything was reset to base points, so i have like 500+ points to choose in str/con.. i didnt realise this so now im def going H-C.. only wierd thing is i didnt get any PSI points.. its at 0.. can tanks even use PSI anymore?

Is there some sort of stat calculator for 2.2? i remember spending hours with the old one.. im not sure where to allocate my free points now, i dont want to screw him up from the get go

Dribble Joy
21-03-07, 23:10
No psi for tanks. You can use a nanaite heal anyway.

The combat classes have lost the resist boosters, so the only thing you really miss out on is the combat/support buffs.

Vid Gamer
22-03-07, 00:18
Yah, i remember as a Tank i was able to use a tl3 heal, and some other low tl buffs..

im gonna play with a current stat calc and post it to see if ppl think its a good 2.2 setup.

from what i hear, in pvp to wear camo PA for fire/poison then all duranium for energy, antigamma bones for xray? what imps should i go for as HC tsnk?

Vid Gamer
22-03-07, 01:48
Aight, um, I cant find an updated 2.2 skill manager, so off the top of my head this is what im thinking:

Basically, from purely reading, im going for damage/resists over speed.

INT: everyting in WEP
STR: Split between HC and TRANS..Im not sure how much trans I need tho, i would like to carry at least 3 weps with ammo types in my Inv without slowing down, so im not sure, I heard you need a ton of HC to get good damage now tho.
CON: HLT and then I guess 50 base in all resists?
DEX: Everything in TC?
PSI: 0 :D

--

For Imps I still have my old setup:
MC5 Ballistic
Marine
PPR
MOVE ON

Currently have a melee eye (whats the best HC eye?)
Filter 2
novice glove
unsure of backbone (whats the best HC backbone?)

Bones I have 3 gamma and 2 experimental, should I go all 5 gamma for xray?

--

Armor would be Camo PA, then a mix of duranium/Inq.

--

Thoughts?

netster
22-03-07, 09:20
wtf? you are switching between melee stuff and hc stuff...

melee: MC5 Ballistic**1 X13 PPR MOVEON**2 melee-eye3 Filter2 NOglove**3 Strengh Backbone3 ALL Gamma Bones or switch to BatQueen Arm+Chest. Armor would be Camo PA**4, then a mix of duranium/Inq.

thats sounds better. get a self heal tool + nanites for it... than run baby, run!

**1 thats the hc version, there is a hc-version aswell.. get that one for melee

**2 i would go for a Synapse Berserk Mod X-13 (str+2,58 mc+20,61 hc-4,25), instead of a Marine CPU

**3 u could wear one, its an imp drop item, maybe it helps to fallout not the very high important imps out

**4 this pa is -26,75 ATL ... if you can fix this on your setup

Nullvoid
22-03-07, 14:14
He actually wants to switch to HC netster, he was melee before.

For imps I guess you could go something like:

Brain - PPR, MC5 Ballistic, Synapse Soldier Mod-S13, Experimental Ballistic 2.3 (or a Freedom Fighter CPU)
Bones - All antigamma
Eye - Heavy Targetting Matrix 0.3
Heart - Filter Heart 2
Glove - Nothing
Backbone - Hardenbackbone 3.0

As for skills setup.
Int - all in wep as you say
Str - you do need to spec a decent amount in resist force/resist piercing otherwise you'll be taking too much damage. Transport should be just enough to carry 2 weapons and ammo (plus all your other gear of course) with enough freeload that you aren't slowed down. Rest in HC.
Con - I've yet to spend much time here on my char so I won't advise anything, suffice to say you won't need to spend much into body health to get a nice HP size.
Dex - You'll want a balance between hightech and agility (and perhaps enough recycle to deal with all your ammo/enough vhc for a rhino since you can now drive and gun it). Since you can't afford to spend too many CON points in athletics, you need to overcompensate with agility, but not to the point where your hightech is affected. I don't know where a good balance point is yet however.
Psi - As you've seen you get 0 psi now, so we can ignore this :)

Your armour choice seems ok, although with no xray resist. Jini's suggested setup might be better:

Great Ionic Cotton underwear (energy+xray, reduces fire tho), and then a mix of Heavy Kevlar (fire+poison) + God's Wish Inquisition (fire) in each of the 3 body regions. That way you're already reducing each damage type before you get to speccing your CON subskills.

Vid Gamer
23-03-07, 01:24
thanks for all the tips, now i just need money, I have 8K... o_O
(with no hc weps)

All that armor and some imps are completely new to me, can u just buy em from the shop or are they special drops?