PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 and NO Player Stores.

kane
20-03-07, 08:50
2.2 and NO Player Stores.

I'm going to make this short. With the low population of the server and once month up the dead population I feel that I need to bring this topic up again.

I think most players would agree its time to look into player stores serious this time and Not suspend it for 2 years.

I know NC low budget MMORPG. But we really want player stores its one of the key things to help out a low pop server and able get what players need when people are offline.

Thanks,

Kane

eprodigy
20-03-07, 09:07
one of the major draws of nc2 was going to be the player shops.

id like them to get what they are currently working on (balance) done, but really thats not giving us anything new just reshuffling what we have. in terms of new features i still rank this up there.

did item tracking ever get finished?

Panthoraxium
20-03-07, 09:11
3rd that

a4nic8er
20-03-07, 09:12
agreed 100%

james_finn
20-03-07, 09:13
ReaKKtor has said that it is impossible to make player shops in this engine, thats the reason that you havent seen any. I'll have a look for the post later and post it for you all.

/Delphi

kane
20-03-07, 09:18
ReaKKtor has said that it is impossible to make player shops in this engine, thats the reason that you havent seen any. I'll have a look for the post later and post it for you all.

/Delphi

impossible.. Your telling me KK owns a frigan none open source engine... I know for fact you can do anything... hey if you can transfer chars using a php script then you can make a frigan php online in game store and just do from outside... I mean thats a silly way but I mean if hes telling us its impossible then NC future has really just come down to the worst thing ever.

zii
20-03-07, 11:52
Regardless of whether there are player shops or not, the reason for this release was to address the balancing problems.

nabbl
20-03-07, 11:56
i hate player shops and auction houses. THEY SUCK!

makes trading impersonal.

Seraphin[69]
20-03-07, 11:59
All items are database objects...
I wonder how you can't tag an object with an unique ID referring to an unique character with an unique price that would take money from the buyer and send the cash to the unique character's money...

That's what most MMORPG do...

It's not like you're selling your CS that disappear when you're PVP with it because it's sold ^^

SnowCrash
20-03-07, 12:08
We have already explained that the player shop feature is not going to be realised. The technical premises for such a feature are not given with the Neocron engine and would require a complete recoding of several parts of the core systems.

John Bushido
20-03-07, 12:14
We have already explained that the player shop feature is not going to be realised.

thank god for this, a playershop sucks donkey dicks....

see swg for example, nice playershops in there, so u have the possibility to play the game and never talk to anybody.... (and theres more than a few who do)

blame the goddamed playershop idea, it would ruin the blackmarket feeling for that i love the game.....

calim
20-03-07, 12:15
never say never, because if one day you decide to sell the game engine (for example to a bigger company) maybe a large rewriting will be done.

elGringo
20-03-07, 12:25
never say never, because if one day you decide to sell the game engine (for example to a bigger company) maybe a large rewriting will be done.

:lol: :lol: you just made my day - thanks

StevenJ
20-03-07, 16:13
If it can't be realised ingame, could you make it a web based project contained within the launcher? I know it's not as fun or whatnot, but I think it's worth consideration...

Dribble Joy
20-03-07, 16:22
blame the goddamed playershop idea, it would ruin the blackmarket feeling for that i love the game.....
Indeed, this is a cyber-punk game, I doubt the authorities would want people openly selling weaponry. Keeping it all underground is good. Makes people form contacts too.

THE_TICK!!!!
20-03-07, 16:37
i also like the fact that you have to meet and make contacts to get things done, i usually never have a problem finding anything i need, if the people i know dont have it they usually know someone who does..and of course the ingame forums are handy for that as well, ive recieved plenty of ingame mails, about something ive posted in there..i think that allot of people forget about the ingame forums !!

unreal
20-03-07, 16:48
I had a sort of impractical player shop idea that would have been in the form of a module on my Neocron robot, but sadly working on something like that (the robot itself for starters) is against the Rules of Conduct. But basically, since a robot is an automated client (ie, a regular player like the rest of us), you could transfer items to the robot which in turn could be offered to anyone for the specified amount of credits. Players wanting to buy the items could initiate trade and then send a command to request them.

There are already many problems with doing it that way though (such as the free load, the amount of items you can carry, plus the credit cap) but it also seemed like a fairly good way to pretty much raise money for newbies without effort. Items could maybe be taxed by a small percentage which could be saved up to help newbies build weapons and buy implants.

Perhaps that saved up money could be used in conjunction with the trivia idea as a jackpot. People who answer the most questions (correctly) each week would win it and be able to trade the robot and be given the cash. If the credit cap wasn't so low or even there at all, it would have been easy to implement some sort of banking feature too.

I might dig up the basic documentation I wrote months ago at some point just to see peoples opinion on it. I have lots of fun ideas that would make things more interesting but they'll probably never get approved, either because of the way they're implemented (since they break the Rules of Conduct), or simply because they aren't "intended" features.

PS. I'm no longer working on the robot as of many months now, which Snowcrash already knows and possibly Nidhogg too, so please don't bash me round the face for writing this post. :confused:

kane
20-03-07, 17:48
well you could make player shops client side and a bit server side programming is needed to stop any kind cheating but yeah... I know could be done without a full rewrite.

Unless you made ur engine full pick and click witch at this point lmao I would not doubt.

-FN-
20-03-07, 19:23
You just tried to perform CPR on George Washington. This topic is so dead, yet so important, it's not even funny :lol:

The only alternative that would've worked at all would've been a web-based counterpart to someone in-game inventory, but only the most hardcore tradeskillers would've participated, and they're in-game most of the time anyway.

Apocalypsox
20-03-07, 19:40
2.2 and no mechs or Ciggys either.

Eternal Pink
20-03-07, 22:02
We have already explained that the player shop feature is not going to be realised. The technical premises for such a feature are not given with the Neocron engine and would require a complete recoding of several parts of the core systems.

Umm we already have NPC shops, so why does the coding not support a player giving a npc item, setting a sell value and then leaving the NPC till somebody comes to purchase it?

Atleast then players could purchase my stock while i'm off-line ( meaning less annoyed players because they've been spamming trade for the last 6 hours to get a res glove ) and when i'm online i'd only have to advertise the existance of my NPC rather than everything i sell.

Apocalypsox
20-03-07, 22:32
Umm we already have NPC shops, so why does the coding not support a player giving a npc item, setting a sell value and then leaving the NPC till somebody comes to purchase it?

Atleast then players could purchase my stock while i'm off-line ( meaning less annoyed players because they've been spamming trade for the last 6 hours to get a res glove ) and when i'm online i'd only have to advertise the existance of my NPC rather than everything i sell.

It would make things easier im not going to argue that, but unless you understand the problems with NCs engine and the difficulties of coding such a thing in dont talk like it would be easy to do. If you want, go to coding school yourself and tell KK youll do it for them. Submit the reworked code and they MAY review it and decide whether its shit or not.

unreal
20-03-07, 23:04
lol @ "coding school"

kane
20-03-07, 23:38
It would make things easier im not going to argue that, but unless you understand the problems with NCs engine and the difficulties of coding such a thing in dont talk like it would be easy to do. If you want, go to coding school yourself and tell KK youll do it for them. Submit the reworked code and they MAY review it and decide whether its shit or not.

Little hard. I mean U can't just code something and submit it in.. U really need the full game server source and hes not going to do that.

KK should open a svn and make NC server open source :P

Then I can help out ;)

Snedex
20-03-07, 23:58
lol @ "coding school"
i second that "lol"

Very old topic, people don't seem to get that despite you got what you wanted in 2.2 kk aren't always going to be open to suggestion :)

kane
21-03-07, 00:34
i second that "lol"

Very old topic, people don't seem to get that despite you got what you wanted in 2.2 kk aren't always going to be open to suggestion :)

yeah who wanted women clothed... no one... Still don't get naked women!

eprodigy
21-03-07, 00:53
i just wonder why it was listed as a main feature and promised for so long to be in NC2 if it wasnt even possible to do.

there must have been an intention to do it at some point...

Eternal Pink
21-03-07, 01:25

Err dude i am a software developer and while i was generalising the fact that NPC's already exist kinda makes me think its possible which would be why i asked for more info.

But thanks for quoting me, makes it stand out a bit more on the off-chance someone with a bit of knowledge decides to answer this time.

Heavyporker
21-03-07, 02:03
Geez, I'm still occupied with real life! I know everyone needs Heavyporker's Emporium, but I don't have time to staff it. Give it a rest already, you're only making me feel bad!

kohrdreck
21-03-07, 02:14
maybe using a seller/objects database connected to an ingame interface(citycom) , something like ebay
seller register to database , says what items he wants to sell and at witch price ; runners who are interested direct or email him.
using a database instead of classic ingame forum makes the search easier