PDA

View Full Version : how do implants work now?

kane
19-03-07, 20:19
how do implants work now?

Are they by scaling now. lets say implant is 10str no theres no such thing but lets just say there is... 120/120 = 12 str 60/60 = 6 str..

Is that how it works now or hows it all working? I'm just tad confused on how the implants and even item stats work there all like 1.21 and stuff like that.

Thanks

imper1um
19-03-07, 20:23
They still haven't implemented condition, at least I don't think I got a 90/100 Imp and a 120/120 IMP and they have the same stats.

kane
19-03-07, 20:24
They still haven't implemented condition, at least I don't think I got a 90/100 Imp and a 120/120 IMP and they have the same stats.

odd so why or what making implants with funny odd stats.. I mean where the hell they come up witch such odd figures.

imper1um
19-03-07, 20:26
Ask KK. No one knows. Single-Precision stats only complicate things, and has ruined 5 games due to it (it becomes omnous to new players and deters them). Stick with the Rounded numbers (sighs)

kane
19-03-07, 20:32
Ask KK. No one knows. Single-Precision stats only complicate things, and has ruined 5 games due to it (it becomes omnous to new players and deters them). Stick with the Rounded numbers (sighs)
I agree. I mean will I stick around sure hell why not. But I have a lot more understanding then a new player. I mean this game in fact hardly is as complicated as some games get like vs AO. But its also extremely not newbie friendly.

I think KK should go back to rounded numbers like you suggested or go to the stats scaling system for quality but also add something in the game to help new players understand the system better.

Dribble Joy
19-03-07, 20:37
The decimals were allways there, just you never saw them.
Say you have 4 imps with +1.3 in a cirtain stat. Previously these would be individually rounded down to 1. Now they are rounded after added together, so you would get +5 rather than +4.

kane
19-03-07, 20:38
ahh but maybe I'm blind but were any of them nerfed.. I mean I swear when I looked at implants all the stats were lowered by a lot.

Dribble Joy
19-03-07, 20:50
Most of the main stat ones were, this helped with PEs not reaching high tl stuff, but shafted HC/MC PEs.

calim
19-03-07, 21:29
A thing to know aswell : there is a bug which make poked implants affected by damage you take.... look in the balance forum for further informations.