PDA

View Full Version : Chaos cave runs now possible or impossible?

evs
19-03-07, 13:26
Hello,

Myself and a couple of friends (spy, pe, ppu) are looking to run Chaos caves or something similar to start working on our WOC overcaps.

Normally i'd just dive in and have a go - but due to the changes recently, and the fact my last cave run was at the start of NC2 - Im wondering

a) is it worth doing? i.e is there a better method of overcapping?
or
b) anything new i should be aware of so we're not going to get wiped immediately and spend the next hour trying to get poked and get belts back

awkward silence
19-03-07, 14:31
Its possible with a ppu but there are better places. The creepers are too strong for their exp.

z5o3
19-03-07, 14:33
Yeah its pretty damn hard now even with a ppu, also if you got a tank it sucks now, because all aoe shots like the missile launcher sadly, take the maldediction you have 20 shots and you will get probably about 5 where you want them :mad: It really sucks now how the aoe is in 2.2 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

evs
19-03-07, 15:55
Its possible with a ppu but there are better places. The creepers are too strong for their exp.

Fair enough, any suggestion of where would be better for the above combination of players?

Lifewaster
19-03-07, 16:55
All DOT dmg mobs (poison creepers/swamp cave mobs/graves/fire mobs/el farid) are quite nasty atm.

Within 3 secs, they can put 3-4 stacks on you, a PPU can outheal this, but any other class is almost insta dead (even with ppu support)

However with a full team, you can clear the caves provided the ppl are careful and run back into cover every time they see a mob aiming at them :p

awkward silence
19-03-07, 16:59
Fair enough, any suggestion of where would be better for the above combination of players?

Regants lab/gaya or the bigger regants.

evs
19-03-07, 17:22
Thankyou for your comments :)
We'll give regants & gaya a spin, you've been a great help /salute

Dribble Joy
19-03-07, 17:32
Good xp down there from what I've heard.

zii
19-03-07, 18:10
Where is the new Regents?

awkward silence
19-03-07, 18:13
at the very bottom of gaya

Panthoraxium
19-03-07, 18:18
A Tank can solo chaos.
A Tank can solo reagents
A Tank can solo any of the new missions for woc

Also, A Tank can solo anything bar doy/worm/reagent lab

Dogface
19-03-07, 18:18
You can't kill the mobs at the bottom of the new gaya o_O

Dromidas
19-03-07, 20:14
I went in with a spy apu and me as a ppu, we did fine, then a tank with a malediction showed up and he was doing just fine too, he didn't miss too often (although he had no qualms about peppering us with aoe occasionally *grumbles*) but the exp was quite good.

Rambus
19-03-07, 20:39
I did CC's with a team of NC1 vets, was slow going- and the exp was bad but definetly possible.