PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Aiming

Coid
19-03-07, 10:44
I know im not ingame yet, but all i read all over the forums is that aiming has been drastically fucked over. Is this true for all weapons (inc. monk spells) cuz if all this is true am havin second thoughts about comin back to nc myself cuz i thought the aiming was just fine with all weapons. I dont mean to sound selfish but im sure many will also agree...whats up with the aiming???!!!

elGringo
19-03-07, 10:46
I know im not ingame yet

You know what to do... try it while it's free and dont rely on hearsay. There's more opinions on 2.2 than players - go have a look yourself.

Zheo
19-03-07, 10:46
As far as i know it's fine except for AOE weapons which are terribly in-accurate at the moment.

Coid
19-03-07, 10:51
I wont be able to get ingame til sometime next month, im still piecing together my uber computer ;) Otherwise i would which is why im asking

SilentEye
19-03-07, 11:29
I'm a Rifle Spy with just about 130 WeaponLore, wielding a TL76 Raygun, it takes only about a second longer to get my reticule to shape down.

It's really not that bad at all, atleast not for rifles!

Gulinborsti
19-03-07, 15:41
For rifles and most cannons everthing is fine except for AOE cannons; they simply shoot everywhere but where you point them.

Drake6k
19-03-07, 15:51
I have 195 pistol combat and 116 weapon lore, I get around 150% damage on my lib and the aiming still isn't very good, range sucks (120-all, lib). So yeah, for PISTOLS, aiming got a LOT worse. Before I could completely cap lib aiming/damage with like 160 pc and 40 lore.

evs
19-03-07, 15:57
Tank aiming is now abysmal, devourer is a nightmare and just devolves into spam and hope you hit something.

I have 240+ HC and max WPL from INT and its still a loooong time to close in the reticule with a low tech such as speed gat, and ravager is also a long time.

Against a fast moving (and now run casting) opponent such as a rifle pe, its not even close to being 'fun'

CMaster
19-03-07, 16:10
I don't have great aim, and I havn't had any trouble. Meanwhile I have come across a few tanks who hit almost everything with their CS. IT doesn't seem that bad, really.

evs
19-03-07, 16:53
CS is spray n pray though as per normal, get close and you'll hit.
If i wanted to melee fight id be M-C ;)

Dribble Joy
19-03-07, 16:56
I'm a Rifle Spy with just about 130 WeaponLore, wielding a TL76 Raygun, it takes only about a second longer to get my reticule to shape down.
A second is a long time. Also, 130 wep on a spy seems... low...

It depends on the weapon though, it's still partly dependant on range, so the xbow and some other pistols are alright (though a little slow) but the judge or similar is appling. The drop off rate in aim speed on pistols is too fast too.

Speedball
19-03-07, 19:00
///////

kane
19-03-07, 19:42
to be honest if the aim gets better on tanks there goes another 10 people quiting... I mean you said if u want melee you will mc but frig them tank weps are insane if u even got some aim on that no one could live :P

Dribble Joy
19-03-07, 19:50
Beam weapons never needed much lock, add to the fact they are really strong and you've got issues.

imper1um
19-03-07, 20:21
They fucked up Tank aiming.

Old Method: If you were still and not being fired upon, AOE would begin closing.

New Method: The AOE recticule is maximum (half the screen) until locking onto something.

I call this, a BUG.

kane
19-03-07, 20:23
They fucked up Tank aiming.

Old Method: If you were still and not being fired upon, AOE would begin closing.

New Method: The AOE recticule is maximum (half the screen) until locking onto something.

I call this, a BUG.

Where I come from we call it a nerf.

imper1um
19-03-07, 20:24
It's not intentional. It's cuz they added the recticule to APU spells, then rebalanced it based on that fact. They never realized the consequences of a AOE weapon. KK has done this before. (sighs)

Gulinborsti
19-03-07, 21:03
Tank aiming is now abysmal, devourer is a nightmare and just devolves into spam and hope you hit something.

I have 240+ HC and max WPL from INT and its still a loooong time to close in the reticule with a low tech such as speed gat, and ravager is also a long time.

Against a fast moving (and now run casting) opponent such as a rifle pe, its not even close to being 'fun'
Well, CS, Ravager, Speedgat seem to aim quite well and I get decent hits out of the bursts (H-C 240+ , WPL 90, T-C 105).

Raygun/Fusion cannon, Rocketlaunchers, well those are completly useless now.

Coid
19-03-07, 21:22
It's not intentional. It's cuz they added the recticule to APU spells, then rebalanced it based on that fact. They never realized the consequences of a AOE weapon. KK has done this before. (sighs)
ok your kidding me right? apu's gotta recticle now? *sigh*

kane
19-03-07, 21:43
uhh they do I thought they were going to change that instead of reticles it was going be just distance.. closer they are more dmg they do.

silent000
19-03-07, 23:58

Im preety damn sure thats what everyone wanted in the first place!

plague
20-03-07, 01:09
Im preety damn sure thats what everyone wanted in the first place!

Lol everybody besides APU's and hybrids(if there is such thing anymore).
Wow just got back like after year not even reading this forum and so many negative changes o_O

Dogface
20-03-07, 01:28

I'm sorry did KK balance your class?

awkward silence
20-03-07, 01:32
Lol everybody besides APU's and hybrids(if there is such thing anymore).
Wow just got back like after year not even reading this forum and so many negative changes o_O

For every negative change theyve fucked something up.

Like PVP is amazing compared to 2.1. PVM/E on the other hand is shite.

Many nice things and many bad things... of which a few are being fixed. Like imps and hopefully PVM

plague
20-03-07, 01:40
Yea so I c, just got back in and trying to figure out what happened. What class is easiest/funnest to play atm? (I have all caped), and where hybrids stand now are they even viable option?(I left when my blesses 65/97 hybrid was unkillable)

Edit: OMG they added paypal! Finally, click2cry has made my decision not to reactivate quite a few times lol.

Dezh
20-03-07, 15:31
I can't see any problem on direct attack weapons, and I think APU reticle idea is very nice indeed, even though APUs should get somekind of loving atm.

Coid
24-03-07, 01:53
I'm sorry did KK balance your class?
actually no, but apus were definatly by far the fastest way to get cash "solo" and seeing as how there is a problem makin cash now....thats definatly done and over with now :(