PDA

View Full Version : NC error on new PC fails

zii
18-03-07, 12:33
I have just installed NC on a new PC and couldn't get past the loading screen. It simply dies.
The PC has a Matrox G450 & a P4/3.4Ghz plus 2Gb RAM.

The only error messages that I can find are these in the D2D9rv.log

Processing driver hook
Init D3D object
Init D3DEnum object

--------------------
Start enumeration
--------------------

Driver: G400DHD.dll (Matrox G450 Multi-Monitor - English)
Driver: no hardware T&L (ignoring)
Driver: G400DHD.dll (Matrox G450 Multi-Monitor - English)
Driver: no hardware T&L (ignoring)

--------------------
End enumeration
--------------------

Shutdown driver
Shutdown driver

CMaster
18-03-07, 12:39
The problem is exactly as the log says (having done a brief bit of research). The matrox G450 doesn't have a GPU which supports hardware transofrm and lighting - a feature which is necesseary for anything based on Direct X7 or higher rendering paths.
Try and lay your hands on an old geforce, if you want a very cheap way of playing 3d games.

Mighty Max
18-03-07, 12:40
I dunno if the G450 is compatible to the shaders in the D3D9 driver.

I recomment trying to use the dx7 driver.

zii
18-03-07, 13:04
I cannot chnage the card because this is a pc at work. Just thought I'd try and play nc here since there is nowt else to do :(

elGringo
18-03-07, 13:11
I recomment trying to use the dx7 driver.

QFE !

Try switching the render mode in the NC Launcher Config.

zii
21-03-07, 16:33
I thought that I installed Directx9, but I cannot see it in the launcher.
Only D7D3. Wierd.

Perhaps there is a way of running NC without the aforementioned features, unless these are a requirement?

zii
21-03-07, 16:47
Forget what I said. The hardware transform and lighting are a requirement as far as I can tell.

Brammers
21-03-07, 19:42
The G450? Unless Matrox re-used their numbers, that's an very old card design, as I put one of those in my P3 box when I built it in 2000.

If it is that one, take your box back. Someone is trying to clean you out by selling an old/cheap GFX card. Even a Geforce 3 TI-200 can beat the crap out of the G450!

CMaster
21-03-07, 20:41
The G450? Unless Matrox re-used their numbers, that's an very old card design, as I put one of those in my P3 box when I built it in 2000.

If it is that one, take your box back. Someone is trying to clean you out by selling an old/cheap GFX card. Even a Geforce 3 TI-200 can beat the crap out of the G450!

A GeForce can beat the crap out of that, nevermind a GF3. Seriously, Hardware T&L makes all the difference both performance and (as we see here) compatibility wise.

zii
23-03-07, 11:19

No need to stress. I am using one of the PCs at work that they gave me and its not used for games, but I thought I would try and use it leave NC running to reduce some of my negative SL while I work. I don't think the company I work for will give me a new GPU for this, as hard as I try and justify it :lol: