PDA

View Full Version : Returning NC1 newb

Heucuva
18-03-07, 08:43
I'm returning from a two-year-long hiatus. Hooray!

Sadly, I quit NC1 due to some real-life reasons. I didn't get much of a chance to work my way up in the game, so I guess everyone can still call me a "real newbie."

Back when I started playing, I noticed that a lot of much-higher-ranked people would bottom-feed on the newbies, even if they weren't in a clan :(

Does this still happen a lot?

vices
18-03-07, 09:03
People are still quite helpful these days, just introduce yourself on the help channel!

Heucuva
18-03-07, 09:08
Thanks for the information!

I'm looking forward to a pleasant experience... as soon as the other 75% of the game finishes downloading ;)

Oh, I nearly forgot: Any known issues with dual-core processors or Crossfire-configured X1950 Pro setups?

james_finn
18-03-07, 14:09
RE: dual core, if you have an AMD X2 or the like then make sure you download the optimiser patch from the AMD site. Otherwise you end up running really fast and getting lots of poor synchs iirc.

RE: The crossfire setup, I dont think there are any known bugs with crossfire, however I dont think that having to gfx cards will make much of a difference on the frame rate as the game isnt optimised for it!

Enjoy your time in game!

/Delphi

eprodigy
18-03-07, 19:32
if people are a little less helpful its only because everyone is "new" to the 2.2 upgrade. i usually am helping on the channel whenever im on but everytime i try now im usually wrong not having tried everything again since ;)

Allisha
19-03-07, 07:20
haha, i just decide to come back and play. Finally found my account info.

Welcome, Allisha.
You last visited: 09-10-05 at 15:26

wow its been that long?

I read the new 2.2 faq.. so my capped characters skillpoints are reset? Thats nice :D I can fix the mess ups yay