PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions from a returning runner...

Praetorian
18-03-07, 02:36
Well, its been awhile, but the free play time has lured me back to check out 2.2 - Im now totally confused as how to set up my chars... Does not excactly make it easy to come back to a rifle spy, h-c tank, APU and PPU with all their points reset. Just the swapping of MC5s alone was quite interesting (like me forgetting to pull it out - the queue and Odin seemed to think it was funny anyway :rolleyes:). I guess 2.2 will grow on me, or at least i hope it will...

So i have a few issues, such as my login screen are devoid of character graphics (no face logo) as well as reporting my male spy as female etc... How do i get that fixed? Also my characters all lost their facial hair and all look the same. Any way to get this fixed? I know its a minor thing, but it does irritate me.

Also theres the case of my characters (at least my APU) spawning a female PE in the same spot whenever i log in (might be abit random if it does or dont)... o_O

And finally, happy owner of a CA medal, how do i get into the "Citizens of Honour" on www.neocronicle.com :D

Nidhogg
18-03-07, 13:19
Check around the forums for char setups, more will appear as people become more familiar with the new arrangement. As for your in-game baldness problems, please drop an email to helpdesk@neocron.com and they'll sort it out for you.

N

Toxen
18-03-07, 13:27
Well, its been awhile, but the free play time has lured me back to check out 2.2 - Im now totally confused as how to set up my chars... Does not excactly make it easy to come back to a rifle spy, h-c tank, APU and PPU with all their points reset. Just the swapping of MC5s alone was quite interesting (like me forgetting to pull it out - the queue and Odin seemed to think it was funny anyway :rolleyes:). I guess 2.2 will grow on me, or at least i hope it will...

So i have a few issues, such as my login screen are devoid of character graphics (no face logo) as well as reporting my male spy as female etc... How do i get that fixed? Also my characters all lost their facial hair and all look the same. Any way to get this fixed? I know its a minor thing, but it does irritate me.

Also theres the case of my characters (at least my APU) spawning a female PE in the same spot whenever i log in (might be abit random if it does or dont)... o_O

And finally, happy owner of a CA medal, how do i get into the "Citizens of Honour" on www.neocronicle.com :D

You are suffering from the first great Christmas bug of neocron 2, basically the server shat itself messed up a whole load of model data, So lets explain things
Logo's, Photos, Correct Text Information on the login screen, thats never coming back unless you re-roll a character in that slot been that way for years now. Baldness is a symptom of the bug, as is weirdly coloured clothes. The PE spawning on the same spot of you that was quite common lemme guess its a nice big grey model of a PE PA, well technically thats your hair model at the moment. Man it was funny with people walking around with warbots on their heads. Fortunately the model errors can be fixed by your freindly GM's

Praetorian
18-03-07, 13:59
Thanks for your answers!

Just one thing, the PE spawning only affects my PPU - and its a female avatar that pops into the position i log in/zone in. Its solid and pushes me away since we try to occupy the same spot -.-

I will contact a GM, thanks again.

elGringo
18-03-07, 14:05
The PE spawning on the same spot of you that was quite common lemme guess its a nice big grey model of a PE PA, well technically thats your hair model at the moment. Man it was funny with people walking around with warbots on their heads. Fortunately the model errors can be fixed by your freindly GM's

Unlike the baldness, thats a new 2.2 bug.
I myself had a char that was created post xmas-screwy and after the big evol patch, everywhere I zoned, a little green bat (crystal cave mob) spawned with me and started floating arround. No connection to the xmas fuckup here ;)

RogerRamjet
18-03-07, 14:35
My male tank has been a female PE for all of NC2 :p

Toxen
18-03-07, 15:07
Unlike the baldness, thats a new 2.2 bug.
I myself had a char that was created post xmas-screwy and after the big evol patch, everywhere I zoned, a little green bat (crystal cave mob) spawned with me and started floating arround. No connection to the xmas fuckup here ;)

Yar i noticed that in tech haven the other day when you were around, I guess it would be pritty cool at first then anoyying after a while

primo
18-03-07, 15:10
I also needed help to spec my H-C tank but got no response or help so ended up basically randoming the point in Con. The rest I think you should spec in T-C, Weapon lore and H-C. And maybe some in transport. Also a little bit like 50 in the resists. In the con part i just placed some in everything. Hopefully I'm not too gimped.

Toxen
18-03-07, 15:12
You'll need to spec quite a bit of transport if your going H-C if your intending on carrying more than 1 weapon and ammo

Praetorian
18-03-07, 16:46
Well i kinda messed up my tank setup, by speccing too little in energy resist (i suddenly realised all my armor wasnt resisting energy - brilliant)

Now im going to try to spec my APU... im sure that will go just as wrong :rolleyes:

Toxen
18-03-07, 17:44
Well i kinda messed up my tank setup, by speccing too little in energy resist (i suddenly realised all my armor wasnt resisting energy - brilliant)

Now im going to try to spec my APU... im sure that will go just as wrong :rolleyes:

Suggest u turn on damage loggin and head down to neofrag with a mate, the percentage absorbtion is greater for con than it is for armor, so u need to offset that way aswell as complimenting it with armor.

As a little hint pre 2.2 con setup was roughly 50% fire 79% energy 79% xray 50% poison.

But given that the PA's have been split now and the camo PA is fire/poison compared to the TG PA which is energy/force/piercing, natural Xray resists should really becoming from something like a PPR and Antigamma bones, Pop your move on that chips near useless currently.

I'd say in 2.2 people are gonna need greater fire resists it seems to do rather nasty currently so drop poison to 25% and push fire upto 50% unless you opt to wear the camo pa in which case drop both first and poison to 40% and spent those extra 20% worth of points in xray, and use an all duranium setup.

Day to day the best armour is gonna be a mix of one piece inq gods wish armour and one part top duranium for each armour location, (most of the time damage will hit the torso in pvp being the biggest target) But if your hunting in specific area's go all duranium or all inq with respect to the mobs your fighting. PVP go all duranium with a camo PA.

Theres a couple of apu templates on the character forum that are fast becoming standard rember to pick up one of the new psi gloves for your apu, (they are far better than the gaya glove currently) they currently aren't in the shop due to what we presume is a bug but people do have bp's of them so ask around and someone will build one.