PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 is here, what are you thinking of next?

unreal
17-03-07, 02:16
Now that 2.2 is here and all this effort has been shoved into balancing would it be possible to start thinking about PvP related updates in the very near future? Progress the storyline a bit more and make regular fun events a commonality, possibly coordinating them with the storyline too. Add new weapons (not just keeping things completely WoC related) and items. Reuse old content and possibly add the odd bit of new (graphical) content. If it's not possible to update the SL system, make changes to the current system to make things a bit more fair with PvP in mind. PvP should no longer be discouraged. PvP is what makes this game stand out despite the bugs.

What happened to Neocron being the World as described in the storyline/missions? How about mixing up the faction relations to how they should be, similair to what they were in Neocron 1? Surely Tangent Technologies and Biotech have enough Spies to know that one other killed their respective directors, etc. Shouldn't this make them competitive enemies like they unofficially are in the epic missions? Stir things up a little and make things interesting.

Also, bring back Ironhead and other similair characters. Just running around now and then on a GM PvP/RP character and spawning things at random makes things more fun. It's always the simple things that are lacking the most. Kick Chenoa up the arse if need be and try and hire some more helpers who can be bothered to spend 30minutes or so running around on one of the servers.

Now that people have come back to try out 2.2, and probably been a bit disappointed with how borked PvE has become, temporarily of course,
do something to keep the interested going. Otherwise they'll simply leave again like they did in 2.1.

Hell-demon
17-03-07, 02:18
Cosmetics I say!

We need better looking player models and NPC's

silent000
17-03-07, 02:20
Aye enhance player models! i want a sodding pimp stick!

Logan_storm_03
17-03-07, 02:23
Tidy up and expand current features such as make hacknet more.. ..like more how you expect after reading Neuromancer :p

Just general stuff that kinda works, but could be better.

rob444
17-03-07, 02:25
I really loved the old faction relations. I really miss being enemy with biotech (I'm TT). This apocalyptic world isn't so apocalyptic anymore when there aren't any enemies living next door if you know what I mean.

D31C1D3
17-03-07, 03:02
Pepper park PvP! That was a much more interesting zonewhoring spot than the teeny weeny little hallway at MB. I undestand it wouldn't really work because of the anti/pro relationship introduced in NC2, but you could balance it by making a place in DoY where pro's could congregate.

ashley watts
17-03-07, 03:14
WTS Dogtag of Iron head, 127/ or somthing :P

StevenJ
17-03-07, 03:20
Larger, overhauled map, more content...

unreal
17-03-07, 03:58
I just slightly reskilled Unrael and teleported to Plaza 1 (thank god I didn't crash, sucks being Black Dragon and wanting to head to your own apartment :p) for a while before running to Via 2 to buy some bad quality nanotools. I saw some SXR tank called Alex something and tried chasing after him, but my runspeed was too slow and he easily ran away back to Plaza 1/somewhere.

Anyway, I got back to Plaza 1, and decided to see how owned I would be from being shot by copbots. Apart from skilling 50 health and 40 athletics I haven't touched my Con, and was only wearing normal Spy PA3 and a heavy energy belt. I was surprised first of all that I didn't take too much damage, and even more surprised that I didn't get an extremely big sloppy Parashock glueing me to the ground. Excellent improvement!

So after telling that little tale...
Pepper park PvP! That was a much more interesting zonewhoring spot than the teeny weeny little hallway at MB. I undestand it wouldn't really work because of the anti/pro relationship introduced in NC2, but you could balance it by making a place in DoY where pro's could congregate.Yeah, would be excellent. I haven't been able to test the damage dealt by DoY guards yet but pro-city isn't too bad, but with the amount of guards in each sector, it's a bit excessive. One of the priorities here should be to make cities raidable. That in itself would bring insane amounts of fun back to the game.

We should save the discussion of safe zones for another thread though perhaps, so I won't go into that.

Archy
17-03-07, 04:47
Balance of economy, balance of xp / credit on certain mobs.

Improved SL system/pvp zone system.

Sure id love a new engine but it's not gonna happen.

I want public areas, diplomacy, politics, storyline events implemented.

complete rework of opwars.

New areas, new areas, new content, new content, new mobs , new mobs.

IMPROVEMENT ON INTERACTION AND INGAME SCRIPTING.... would be nice to see some scripted scout drones flying around in safe zones, etc.

Major hacknet improvement and overhaul.

New high end content.

Complete rework of the mission system, needs to be balanced, and make it so we dont have to press next 50 times to find our mission. specific search maybe with new high end missions that require more time and that have a very high reward.

newbie mc5 access

drugflash purge

New city surfs... replace boots with it and you mount a hovering board.

etc etc etc.

kane
17-03-07, 07:49
I'm thinking and hoping KK and his team start to advertise and start doing small add-ons here and there. But mainly advertisement.

Matthew.v.smith
17-03-07, 13:47
Definitely improve Player Models and remaining weapon models, that's all it would take to make me happy :P

Skusty
17-03-07, 13:49
I really loved the old faction relations. I really miss being enemy with biotech (I'm TT). This apocalyptic world isn't so apocalyptic anymore when there aren't any enemies living next door if you know what I mean.Aye. But I'd like to see new player modells too. And maybe some new high-res textures.

a4nic8er
17-03-07, 22:10
1: Fix all the new bugs that have been created in 2.2
2: Fix all the old bugs that have been ignored.

Richard Slade
17-03-07, 23:07
I'm thinking and hoping KK and his team start to advertise and start doing small add-ons here and there. But mainly advertisement.
KK 'and his team'?
Now that's trippy.. :angel:

Anyways, I'm still pushing for zoneline removal above all!

Dr J Zoidberg
17-03-07, 23:13
Definitely improve Player Models and remaining weapon models, that's all it would take to make me happy :P

I agree. A Model, texture and a polygon update is needed for all of the PRE-NC2.1 models.

For an ever evolving game and against most other Action-MMORPG's the graphics are phenomentally better but they still could better.

-Will

John Bushido
17-03-07, 23:24
first of all, they should fix the crappy netcode

and then......player models maybe

unreal
18-03-07, 00:54
Please don't turn this into a typical "omg fix netcode" type bollocks thread. This thread is about Reakktor being realistic with what they're going to do next. They don't have the ability to add in zillions of graphical updates, and half the other things that have been mentioned in the last few posts.

So this thread was intended to be about the small things they can do to make 2.2 not go to waste. If they were capable of fixing most of the critical things they would, but they don't appear to have the know-how. So it's silly to ask the impossible.

I have to say though, I'm already pretty tired/bored of how slow everything is. It no longer feels like the fast paced MMO I used to love playing when you spend half an hour killing one mob or firing off a full clip of ammo. Makes me wish that Neocron wasn't the only MMORPG of this genre on the market.

Speedball
18-03-07, 11:46
Pepper park PvP! That was a much more interesting zonewhoring spot than the teeny weeny little hallway at MB. I undestand it wouldn't really work because of the anti/pro relationship introduced in NC2, but you could balance it by making a place in DoY where pro's could congregate.

+1

Peper park pvp would be.... Just imagine. Big fights at peper. And then it grows to industrial, and people use their peper appartments as HQ's for raids and then.... omg this would bring so much life in nc.

first of all, they should fix the crappy netcode

Yeah that's the most important thing in my opinion. It's really annoying that people see you run like a lvl 15 b00n when you have a big runspeed...
AND THIS DOESN'T AFFECT EVERYONE! that's the shit, really.

Kierz
18-03-07, 11:58
ye a complete netcode rework would be rather nice, i'm fairly sure that's where most of the bugs are now, then when the clipping problem is fixed propperly (reducing the speed of the game hasn't fix it) you can put the game speed back up.. and maybe a bit higher? <3

zii
18-03-07, 15:10
Pepper park used to be the place to have fights. It was excellent. There was one CopBot in PP1 and a pair by the subway entrances. No daft para socking CA guards getting in the way.

Toxen
18-03-07, 15:15
Pepper park used to be the place to have fights. It was excellent. There was one CopBot in PP1 and a pair by the subway entrances. No daft para socking CA guards getting in the way.
And all of plaza and viarosso was a safe zone as was the subway, and cranh had to live in the oz and there was no doy yadda yadda.

Actually I wouldn't mind it that much, long as the game was balanced so DoY didn't get all the good toys

Skusty
18-03-07, 15:35
My friend just linked me to this page on the Wiki.

http://www.nc-wiki.com/EXL - Maybe someone should do some serious editing in it?

StevenJ
18-03-07, 15:54

http://www.nc-wiki.com/EXL - Maybe someone should do some serious editing in it?

Ugh, I'll sort that. Sorry about that :\

/Edit

I registered to edit it, but it looks like someone's sorted it (or is sorting it) already. I'll ask the guys not to do things like that again :S And I think this should have gone on the Wiki post?

Back to this topic though, I still think that gameplay changes would be more welcome than graphical overhauls. I don't necessarily mean like the balancing project (though I like it so far) - but I'd rather have more to do and more places to explore. That kind of thing retains interest for longer than graphical updates, in my opinion. Perhaps if graphical changes introduced new gameplay elements, that would be better - i.e. draw distance.

kbmg
18-03-07, 16:31
I mainly want to see them streamline the game making it more newbiefriendly and cosmetically more apealing. as opposed to adding any more areas.

1. Im hoping they do add more char options they could exponetially increase options by having hairstyles/clothing get colorwashes in the outfiters(nc1 did this), and add skintones to faces. this will of course reduce the base amount of face/hair options but the increase of posible looks should compensate. maybe mix and match a few outfits/hairs/faces between the classes.

They also should add ability to change hair/face into the clother machine. in a world where everyone looks nearly identical you could use the reasoning that the automatic cosmetic surgery machine is just low on options. it will also reduce the number of fix my hair bugs.

2. Id like to see some more thing in the in game options like keybinding, its annoying to need to logout to keybind, more keybind options like turning right and left(not strafing) the ability to mouselook (turning camera without turning char) a quickslot 2 you can toggle between. to be able to map a key to my 5th mouse button. follow, target nearest foe, target nearest friend, target whoever just shot me.

3 Id also like to see the rposcolor options in the option tab give a nice little place to enter the number we want and hit apply. in short anything we have to type /set etc for should be in options for easy changing.

A window for adding/deleting sms options and or maybe the ability to make macros to put in quickslots would also be nice.. an option for alternate rposs such as nc1 style. or maybe one thats a bit more adjustable. one where everything moves. not just certian things.

4 maybe the option to buy or earn more gogo slots.

the option to show armor/clothing worn rather than your street clothing.

5 an Auction house or consignment system, since there is a lower number of people around selling our wares is hard and its a shame to have to sell them to NPCs. or send stuff through mail system cod. then we can use in game forum to sell.

Neocron has the best tradeskill system ive seen anywhere, they just need to work on some basic mmo staples like user interface and customizability.

Skusty
18-03-07, 17:07

Uhh. Wrong thread. >.< My bad. :rolleyes: I was going to post it in the Wiki thread but I must have clicked the wrong title. O_o