PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen and the world map

Toxen
17-03-07, 00:17
interesting bug with the world map on 1440x900 world map version that is displayed is the 1280x960 map (scaled by height) so it has borders on either side, but that isn't the bug the X that tells you where you are is completely in the wrong position its acting like the map is in the maximum map size of 1600x1200 so anyone know a fix this cus not having the map is kinda annoying.

Havoc One
17-03-07, 00:27
Just bounce the sector map off the world map and you'll be fine. =)

calim
17-03-07, 01:06
/signed , have the same problem in native resolution 1680x1050. Would be nice to scale the map size.

z5o3
17-03-07, 01:20
Ah thats what causes that, yeah i got the problem also :mad: gets very annoying

calim
17-03-07, 19:26
can we have an official word please ? If it's taken into account, at least.

carbonkink
17-03-07, 21:02
hehe, I have the same problem. I actually run Neocron with 1900x1200 and I am way off the worldmap. Not that it's a problem to me though, since I know my way around the wastelands but it would be great if they can fix it.

Dr J Zoidberg
17-03-07, 22:10
hehe, I have the same problem. I actually run Neocron with 1900x1200 and I am way off the worldmap. Not that it's a problem to me though, since I know my way around the wastelands but it would be great if they can fix it.

Same deal here.

Alternatively (with a good spanking from the GM's for doing it (so dont)) alter the map size with photoshop to the screen res by scaling it up and add it in.

-Will

P.S. I havn't done it but i guess it would work. (and seriously don't do it KK_GM's will spank you.)

Toxen
18-03-07, 01:13
Same deal here.

Alternatively (with a good spanking from the GM's for doing it (so dont)) alter the map size with photoshop to the screen res by scaling it up and add it in.

-Will

P.S. I havn't done it but i guess it would work. (and seriously don't do it KK_GM's will spank you.)
Problem isn't actually the size of the map, its the fact that the map position render defaults to the largest preset resolution for the map if it can't find a native resolution

kane
18-03-07, 05:24
To be honest using 1680 x 1050 have same issue I think be nice bump this.. I'm sure will not require a core overhull :P and it's something sould have been fixed for many years now?

Girian
20-06-07, 02:06
Cuz I havent played for 2 years, I actually used the worldmap :P And on 1920x1200 it's bugged and I still don't see an offcial response.

So nothing changed in the last FIVE years?

SorkZmok
20-06-07, 09:05
The worldmap wasn't working properly since NC came out. At least in about half the available resolutions.

:rolleyes:

aKe`cj
20-06-07, 09:47
you could fix it yerself, slackers... draw your own map that pays respect to the distortion :p

Girian
20-06-07, 10:01
you could fix it yerself, slackers... draw your own map that pays respect to the distortion :p

That's pretty much what's wrong with how things are handled around NC....

aKe`cj
20-06-07, 10:11
That's pretty much what's wrong with how things are handled around NC....

Why that?
No one forced you into buying a 16:10 screen - certainly not KK :p

well.. I might fix a map or two when I get to it... I doubt KK bothers with such atm... seeing how many core pvp/pve aspects are largely fubared since 2.2 and haven't been adressed so far. They have more important fuckups on their to-do I bet ;)

Girian
20-06-07, 10:55
where's the worldmap located.

aKe`cj
20-06-07, 11:03
It's hidden in the gfx.pak
You can however download one of the many modified maps and place it in your ./gfx/ folder.

Girian
20-06-07, 11:13
Download where? All I found using the search was some mod from 2004, which doesn't work anymore (downloadlink)

megavoid
04-01-08, 00:12
Sorry for digging up the old thread, but I had the very same problem running on 1680x1050. So I messed a bit with a modified map and made a version that is working on 1680x1050...

DOWNLOAD (http://grim.megavoid.de/nc_map_1680.zip)

Just unzip to your neocron2 folder. ;)

Danny

landofcake
04-01-08, 00:18
Brill.

Sorin
04-01-08, 00:21
8| 8| 8| 8| 8| !!

It works! Mostly. the security/gr settings are in the right spot now, as are the faction colors for the ops. The blinking you-are-here X is still WAY off, but I'm not sure there's anything you can do about that. But at least the op settings and op faction colors are in the right spots. Plus I can now see the letter and number coordinates along the edges now, so I don't have to manually count out anymore.

megavoid
04-01-08, 01:51
It works! Mostly. the security/gr settings are in the right spot now, as are the faction colors for the ops. The blinking you-are-here X is still WAY off...

That was about all I intended. I have erased that blinking cross from my conciousness some months ago... you just look top left in your hud to see which sector you're in, cannot be helped.

Danny

P.S.: Sorry for not providing the link before... I found the original enhanced map at the cyberdyne website (http://www.cyberdyne-sky.net/download/rpos/huds/).

Glok
04-01-08, 02:54
Is that blinking cross ever in the right place in any res? Hmm now I need a widescreen.

Sorin
04-01-08, 03:21
Is that blinking cross ever in the right place in any res? Hmm now I need a widescreen.

It used to be. I don't know when it messed up, but I remember it showing the right zone once upon a time. Judging from the replies here, it must have been a very long time ago.

CMaster
04-01-08, 03:29
The red cross shows your zone only - lots of people whinge because it doesn't show correctly where within a zone. But in a 4:3 or 5:4 resoltion it accuratley reflect what zone you are in.

While the little fix in this thread is harmless - in fact it is actually useful - isn't it actually against the rules? Modifying any non-specifically approved game files isn't allowed, and I haven't seen any permission to change the map.

megavoid
04-01-08, 17:07
Hey guys,

While the little fix in this thread is harmless - in fact it is actually useful - isn't it actually against the rules? Modifying any non-specifically approved game files isn't allowed, and I haven't seen any permission to change the map.

Modified worldmaps are allowed, Snowcrash gave official permission on the german forum a while back...

Das Benutzen einer modifizierten Worldmap wird toleriert und nicht als Verstoss gegen die Nutzungsbedingungen geahndet. Dies bezieht sich ausschliesslich auf die Worldmap und auf die von uns autorisierten Modifikationen von R.P.O.S. Dateien. Alle anderen Veränderungen von Clientdateien werden weiterhin als Verstoss gegen unsere Nutzungsbedingungen angesehen und entsprechend geahndet.

Loose translation: Using a modified worldmap is tolerated and not prosecuted. This only applies to the worldmap and authorized RPOS-mods. Any other modifications to client files will be assessed as a cheat.

So no problem using this little mod on the legal side... ;)

Danny

CMaster
04-01-08, 17:16
Be nice if he'd given permission to the english community too...

megavoid
04-01-08, 17:45
Mh, it had been a direct question by some german community members and a quick decision by KK... I guess they didn't see the matter grave enough for an official announcement.

Danny

Rookie-Doo
25-02-08, 22:36
P.S.: Sorry for not providing the link before... I found the original enhanced map at the cyberdyne website (http://www.cyberdyne-sky.net/download/rpos/huds/).

Thx! ;)

But the URL changed now to: http://www.cyberdyne-sky.net/download/rpos/worldmaps/

regards
rkd

Kalonji Faya
08-01-09, 12:25
sorry for bumping an old topic, but I tryed about all the maps I found in that topic, and no map is fully working : when I'm in the wasteland, the cross showing my position still isn't in the right place :(

I'm using 1680*1050 resolution, everything else is working (when I look at what faction olds the map, I find no bug), just that pb with position remaining ...

anyone could help ??!

kalonji

CMaster
08-01-09, 14:35
I think that part of it may sadly be unfixable, depending on how it is coded. Just tried it myself, liked the mroe detailed map and the fact that the factions lined up. Not so wild about not being able to see the X at all, but oh well.

Kalonji Faya
08-01-09, 14:56
oh ok, well if only this bug remains, that's not so annoying, thanks for your help CMaster ^^

kalonji

kane
08-01-09, 21:06
oh ok, well if only this bug remains, that's not so annoying, thanks for your help CMaster ^^

kalonji

Okay lets get to the point... You been a member since 2003... Do you really think there going to do anything about it?

Ascension
29-09-12, 12:09
Anyone got a link for this thats still active, or someone could rehost it?

Riddle
29-09-12, 12:13
Can't check as on phone but did you try TH? http://www.techhaven.org/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,133/

Nose
29-09-12, 14:50
what name does the map file have to be?
and what file format? don't have any package explorer here.

"world map.png" ? and then just put it in ./gfx ?

pheeeeeew there are some niiice textures in the gfx.pak. I wonder why they aren't used? Players would look so great with them.

found the map file: it's in .\maps\ name is terrain_xxx.bmp where xxx is the horizontal resolution.
I created a 1920 and 1600 version and put it in my gfx folder.
Let's see if that works...

Ascension
29-09-12, 19:39
We can't test till the servers are back :(

Nose
30-09-12, 12:24
okaay, got some maps working but I still have some scaling and color issues.
seems as if nc only accepts 8 bit bmp files. and somehow does an internal rescaling of the pictures.

unfortunately the techhaven map files are all in 24 or 32 bit colors and therefore loose a lot of their beauty after rendering them down to 8 bit.

anyone got another good source for maps? maybe in 8 bit?

edit: got it done, finally. I merged two images together and now got a decent nc world map.

here is the result:
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=822084

just extract into nc folder. it should work for all resolutions above 1600x1200. I tested it with 1920x1080 only, though.