PDA

View Full Version : MC5 swaps

a4nic8er
15-03-07, 01:01
Although not mentioned in Swapping of implants: Evol 2.1 -> Evol 2.2 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138461), there is a limit of one MC5 chip swap per character.

After spending quite some time last night getting all the chips from two accounts onto my tradeskiller character (stupidly thinking this was a good way to reduce my personal demand on GMs' time and effort) I awoke early this morning after less than 6 hours sleep in order to get the exchanging done, knowing it would be crowded. After over an hour waiting in line, being pushed out, watching idiots running through the line in both directions purely to create disorder, and others blatantly cutting in, I finally got to the front to be told "one MC5 per character" and "its a rule so ppl dont cherry pick bad parts from Mc5 and exchange"

Now I take issue with this for a few reasons:

1. Some of us aren't in a timezone that allows us to repeatedly turn up in the narrow window given for swaps.

2. Some of us have offered to do exchanges for friends/clanmates who cannot get to do the exchange themselves due to work/other time constraints clashing with the narrow window given for swaps.

3. Some of us have more than one account and/or have some characters with spare MC5s in the gogo so we can get quickly back to a fight if one breaks. (Also, in 2.2 it is now viable in some instances to use more than one MC5 in a character)

4. A few of us are the source and repository of clan MC5s and carry a stock of them. Not all our future monks will want to be APU, Tanks Melee, or Spys Rifle.

5. I wasn't aware that there were "bad parts from MC5". It would appear that this is recognition that Melee, Rifle, and APU MC5s are going to be less desireable and/or sought after than Heavy, Pistol, and PPU are. The supply of the latter is extremely limited. If truly seeking balance, shouldn't we be starting with a balanced number of MC5 types in the game?

I am tired, cranky and not at all impressed by yet another lack of foresight and a display of twisted logic that just makes life in Neocron more difficult and time-consuming for both the paying customers and the company's staff. Please have a rethink about this and make everyones lives a little less stressful.

Nidhogg
15-03-07, 01:35
Although not mentioned in Swapping of implants: Evol 2.1 -> Evol 2.2 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138461), there is a limit of one MC5 chip swap per character.
I've looked into this and there appears to have been an unfortunate communication breakdown - there is supposed to be no limit on the number of MC5's swapped. I can only apologise for the inconvenience, especially considering the added timezone complication.

We're currently organising increased support in this area and I assure you you won't have this problem again in future.

N

a4nic8er
15-03-07, 03:00
Thanks for the prompt and happily welcomed response.

braydagner
15-03-07, 03:32
Oh thats not fair. People should only get to exchange one MC5. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CMaster
15-03-07, 03:34
Erm, the DS is still just the DS. It isn't split. However, what you said about only one exchange not being fair is correct and nice to see it was a miscomunication (considering I know setups that used 2 MC5s, although admiteddly none of the split ones).

DIS
15-03-07, 03:37
tbh, its great that KK have decided to do this in the first place, I have two chars that required the imp swap, both have been done without issue.
I do feel for the poor fella who has to spend 3 hours swapping MC5's but i'm sure the majority of people playing this game appreciate the fact that KK have listened to the community on this occasion and have put time into resolving the problem.

Also I notice that I have been given free game time... during 2.1 I got bored of waiting for 2.2 and did not bother to reactivate for about two weeks, I now have two active accounts which I am really happy about, it not only lets me decide if I will stick with the game but it is also a nice gesture and helps the server population get to a more reasonable level.

The way I see it atm, a lot of balancing has been resolved, mobs are a challenge and PVP is a whole new kettle of fish, imps have changed and KK have been willing to put resources into resolving the issue, heads up to them, although IMO it would have been much easier to code an NPC or NPC's to exchange the chips for them, cuts the queues and you can then log on when all the other idiots are in bed so you can exchange your mc5's without hassle.

gstyle40
15-03-07, 03:47
where does it say anything about a ds? and bray get ur arse back in game. ur vacation is ova :p

braydagner
15-03-07, 04:42
i already uninstalled tbh

i might get back into vent sometime... maybe... if i find my mic

darkservent
15-03-07, 05:27
Er no offence bt i wouldnt trust a neocron npc with my mc5.it is a good idea bt i feel safe with a gm. Thx 4 makin this thread u beat me 2 it.

Seraphin[69]
15-03-07, 08:48
I've looked into this and there appears to have been an unfortunate communication breakdown - there is supposed to be no limit on the number of MC5's swapped. I can only apologise for the inconvenience, especially considering the added timezone complication.

We're currently organising increased support in this area and I assure you you won't have this problem again in future.

N

Really ? Then I wonder why Hoder said : Only 1 implant per character ! when he was exchanging MC5 in TH3 with a 45 mins long waiting queue...

[VP]Orion
15-03-07, 09:31
']Really ? Then I wonder why Hoder said : Only 1 implant per character ! when he was exchanging MC5 in TH3 with a 45 mins long waiting queue...
Why even post that question when you quote'd the answer yourself?

I've looked into this and there appears to have been an unfortunate communication breakdown

netster
15-03-07, 09:42
niddy, u should have paid hoder some beers for the great work on monday + yesterday. the queue was off the limit on both days and i can fairly say ... he deserves it. u dont give him a big buck of beer for that exchange? ..... i'll snipe ya down and buy him a box of beers on my own.

N.

Faid
15-03-07, 16:33
It's no wonder the GM's don't support the players in the American timezones, with lines so long for the Germans and Euro's, After all they need time to play the game with their normal chars in their regular clans.

netster
16-03-07, 09:33
It's no wonder the GM's don't support the players in the American timezones, with lines so long for the Germans and Euro's, After all they need time to play the game with their normal chars in their regular clans.
well, dont u have any german/euro in clan, that might help ya out with it? if not, i will try to help you guys. what u need?

errr ... i just was reading the thread again ... =>

KK_Danae - MON/WED/SUN - 07:30PM - 09:30PM EST

So ... why do you have a problem to exchange your imps, if there is an exchange-time for you guys too even. if u guys got any more problems to exchange the imps, lemme know, maybe we can work something out.

Mal
16-03-07, 09:46
Orion']Why even post that question when you quote'd the answer yourself?

He's French

Perhaps he didn't read/understand that part

*refrains from comments about the french...........................................*

Faid
16-03-07, 16:39
well, dont u have any german/euro in clan, that might help ya out with it? if not, i will try to help you guys. what u need?

errr ... i just was reading the thread again ... =>

KK_Danae - MON/WED/SUN - 07:30PM - 09:30PM EST

So ... why do you have a problem to exchange your imps, if there is an exchange-time for you guys too even. if u guys got any more problems to exchange the imps, lemme know, maybe we can work something out.
THE POINT IS: I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO RELY ON OTHER RUNNERS TO GET MY CHIPS SWAPPED - WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUPPORTED FROM THE START LIKE THE GERMANS AND EURO'S, NOT 3 DAYS LATER WHEN PEOPLE STARTED BITCHING ABOUT IT.

Nidhogg
16-03-07, 16:56
Don't rely on other runners - it's too risky. Unfortunately, the simple fact is that we're a European company and most of our business is within Europe. We have support for other regions but not to the same extent. We're doing our best here, and as I've said previously, drop Hoder an email and he'll do his best to make sure you get seen.

N

elGringo
16-03-07, 17:00
THE POINT IS: I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO RELY ON OTHER RUNNERS TO GET MY CHIPS SWAPPED - WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUPPORTED FROM THE START LIKE THE GERMANS AND EURO'S, NOT 3 DAYS LATER WHEN PEOPLE STARTED BITCHING ABOUT IT.

DID YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE - E S T - THAT SITS BEHIND NAES TIMES - COMPARED TO THE SUCKY YUCKY GMT THESE TERRIBLE KRAUTS GET COMFY WITH?

Nidhogg
16-03-07, 19:24
DID YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE - E S T - THAT SITS BEHIND NAES TIMES - COMPARED TO THE SUCKY YUCKY GMT THESE TERRIBLE KRAUTS GET COMFY WITH?
Nae rules, naturally. ;) Like I said in my first response, we're improving our response for people outside of Euro timezones, so please hang in there.

N

braydagner
16-03-07, 20:32
I CAN TYPE IN LARGE FONT AND ALL CAPITALS TOO

Faid
17-03-07, 01:36
DID YOU ALSO NOTICE THAT THOSE EXTRA TIMES WITH THE EST WERENT ADDED UNTIL YESTERDAY - A FULL 4 DAYS AFTER THE LAUNCH OF 2.2 - [ edited ]

silent000
17-03-07, 02:07
I CAN TYPE IN LARGE FONT AND ALL CAPITALS TOO

OMG SO CAN I

Skusty
17-03-07, 02:12
And we spam it out? (Instead of Jerk it out)

Nidhogg
17-03-07, 02:12
Enough. Thread closed.

N