PDA

View Full Version : How to configure Con on APU

kb244
14-03-07, 23:32
I started a topic once before but I guess some folks did not quite understand what I was asking. I used to be a hybrid APU Monk (ie: more APU than PPU, but enough PPU to do things such as blessed resistance booster, shealter, blessed deflector and what not). And I Find that putting any points into PPU with the chipset I have in my head now is utterly useless (ie: you'd have to put in a heck of alot more than a few points into PPU just to use a heal, and thats mainly cuz of the negative impact), so I had to go the route of a pure APU, while I have already redistributed most of my points in other areas, I'm confused on what I need to distribute in Constitution.

The reason being is because I noticed in 2.2 that the monk's resists are somewhat different than they used to be and I don't want to distribute points into the wrong kind of areas, or not enough on some areas. So what I'm asking is, share some advise on directions I should go involving the points distributions in the CON setup.

Right now my Monk has in his head Psi Core (APU version now), MOVEON, Psi Controller 3, and Agressive chip 3 ( I think I Can't remember as I'm at work). And I think I had to fall back down to an advanced nerve 2 instead of a 3 for a backbone. Also I recall just having standard bones since the MoveOn and such does not boost my strength up as high as it used to go ( as I used to have a Strengthen back, and advanced foot prior to 2.2)

So... any advice? When my Monk was a Hybrid she was basically something like 66/45 or /48.

Lifewaster
15-03-07, 00:35
Dont forget to get the nanite heal tool...if our going pure apu.

Really you cant go wrong much, and monk con lvls/overcaps so easily you can afford to lom as much as you want with the no-si loms also now.

But a simple 2.2 apu template is:

25 ath
50 hlt
50 fire
50 energy
25 xray
25 poison

remember to edit your neocron.ini
add ENABLELOG = "TRUE"
then check for log files named yourcharname_00

....Which will show you exactly how much resist you make vs incoming dmgs

Nullvoid
15-03-07, 00:44
I'd say you would get more mileage out of that 4th brain slot by using a ppr instead of a moveon.

Dogface
15-03-07, 01:45
Definitely what null said. Lose the moveon, it's a pile of wank now.

kb244
15-03-07, 02:44
I'd say you would get more mileage out of that 4th brain slot by using a ppr instead of a moveon.

Which sucks cuz back early on in 2.1 I sold my PPR to get a MoveOn, which I'd be using a PPR now cuz of the way MoveOn is nerfed.

jini
15-03-07, 08:14
Dont forget to get the nanite heal tool...if our going pure apu.

Really you cant go wrong much, and monk con lvls/overcaps so easily you can afford to lom as much as you want with the no-si loms also now.

But a simple 2.2 apu template is:

25 ath
50 hlt
50 fire
50 energy
25 xray
25 poison

remember to edit your neocron.ini
add ENABLELOG = "TRUE"
then check for log files named yourcharname_00

....Which will show you exactly how much resist you make vs incoming dmgs
I would say 50 xray and a lot less energy as he gets energy from armor.
Both energy and xray are now prime damage types (wbs, xbows, spiders, etc...) Also, for the same reason maybe less fire for more poison too...