PDA

View Full Version : Damage log parser

Toxen
14-03-07, 15:13
Anyone fancy writing a damage log parser to interpret events into a more easy to read format. I'd do it but I don't have the frickken time to at the moment KK picked a weird time to release imo By damage log i mean character logs shouldn't be to hard, brief spec for anyone who wants it

Id the start of the even't: basicly look through log for line saying "Local Player:Damage() - Damage processing statistics!"

Process next line pull initial damage, and hitzone location
Process next line pull Damage cause, initial reduction and % and new damage level (you can discard this later really)
Process next line (check if its shield or armor) pull reduction values as above and new damage as above.
Repeat for armor and skills Then overall value

Judge
14-03-07, 15:59
I've got my easter break coming up soon, and I could use some Java practice... I'll definitely put it into my "List of possible projects".

What would you want, a static parser which you run after quitting Neocron and get a static output. Or one that will parse the damage log whilst NC is running and display it dynamically (might be useful if you've got dual monitors or are running NC in Windowed Mode)?