PDA

View Full Version : Rather odd connection problem

Whitestuff
14-03-07, 07:33
This has happened before, and is obviously happening again.

I have used multiple different broadband connections, based on where it was available and where I lived. And I run into this problem on at least 50% of the connections I have used.

I get a permanent synchronizing message when I log in. I can see chat, I can see my character, but I cannot see my stats/quickslots.

Here's what's happening for sure! I am logging in and recieving some of the packets from the server telling me what I look like and streaming me the console, but for some reason, the connection does not and will never complete. If I log out, go to my second account, login and black sync for about 2 seconds and then wait at the login screen for 4 seconds and then hit resume, I can log into the character I want to on my second account fully. For some reason, it's like I have to initiate the connection on one account and before the window of connection closes, I am able to access the game on my second account (because if I try a different character, or same character on the first account I either continue to sync or I get the already online error.)

So, why is it that the reason I can't connect is based on my broadband provider? AFAIK this connection is 3x faster than anything I have ever used and I get this crappy bug. I have no difference whatsoever on other games on this connection, except for the fact that my pings in those games are significantly lower.

I know no one is going to have a solution for this. I have been through the gambit of troubleshooting the connection. There is nothing wrong at all between me and the neocron servers. But if I pack up my PC and go to my house (currently at my g/f's house) on my DSL, I'll be fine all day.

Though this bug does be tied to the use of cable internet because the last time I experienced this, I was using cable. But I'll be damned if I know why using cable vs. DSL would matter.

/rant

Mal
14-03-07, 09:16
I get it sometimes and it's not really anything to do with your ISP afaik

Sometimes if you just log another char you get free, or if not, try calling a GM using an ingame ticket.