PDA

View Full Version : The zoning.. ohh the zoning

Richard Slade
14-03-07, 04:56
The only grudge I've ever held against NC (and the only reason for not actually playing) is the bloody zones,
synchronizing this, zoning every 2 minutes..

.zZ
:o

Will this ever be changed? I mean, seriously..
Because the whole 'living in a box' idea is.... strange...

03.56am, fuck me.....

Mal
14-03-07, 09:23
Yeah the annoying thing is that most of the errors happen on zonelines, like characters losing items, re-appearing as other people, getting lost in synch and getting teleported into other the wrong zone...

Would it be hard to remove every second zoneline, both vertically and horizontally?

Richard Slade
14-03-07, 11:24
As far as I understand from certain somebodies it's gonna be really hard...
however I'd deem it worth it.

zii
14-03-07, 11:48
Lets jump through the 2.2 hurdle first.

SnowCrash
14-03-07, 12:08
If you encounter perpetual synchronisation problems, activating the "Use Local Port" option in the Neocron Launcher setup might help.

Regarding your suggestion of a seamless zone changing I can only say that this would need a new engine that supports this seamless zoning. Not to speak of the whole gameworld that would have to be redone completely to fit the new system.

pharabus
14-03-07, 13:03
So when do you reckon you can get that ready for SnowCrash? ;)

Kierz
14-03-07, 15:56
yeah i was wondering why he didn't include an ETA at the end ;]

Dogface
14-03-07, 17:36
Regarding your suggestion of a seamless zone changing I can only say that this would need a new engine that supports this seamless zoning. Not to speak of the whole gameworld that would have to be redone completely to fit the new system.

But you didn't say you won't do it, I'll take that as a 'will do' then ;)

Mal
14-03-07, 19:35
So when do you reckon you can get that ready for SnowCrash? ;)

Could set the local comp on it and have it done by the end of the week :D

But if we had a new engine, we'd probably get new models and textures too! I think we should work on this idea ;)

ashley watts
15-03-07, 00:08
If you encounter perpetual synchronisation problems, activating the "Use Local Port" option in the Neocron Launcher setup might help.

We have time :cool:

Richard Slade
15-03-07, 00:37

You know, mr Bunny,
I reckon about 10-50 players would sign right back up if you had said you were working on it.
Heck I'd start playing right away,
it's The only thing that makes NC bad for me,
apart from that.... Still the best MMO,
ever.
Seriously.

Edit: And to clarify; we have time, just get on with it.

Dogface
15-03-07, 01:47
Someone at KK might want to get chummy with Bill Gates, or possibly even marry him to get the money to pay for it.

Mal
15-03-07, 09:29
Someone at KK might want to get chummy with Bill Gates, or possibly even marry him to get the money to pay for it.

I'd bum him for a billion :D

pharabus
15-03-07, 14:59
but would you let him bum you for a billion?

Richard Slade
15-03-07, 16:55
but would you let him bum you for a billion?
Without regret and no second thought.

Mal
15-03-07, 19:36
Just look at the man and tell me if you think he's got a penis?

http://www.cojeco.cz/attach/photos/lide/Gates_389873/Bill-Gates-1max.jpg

Also, he couldn't drive here cause he's only got the Windows car, and that keeps crashing.

pharabus
15-03-07, 20:16
so Mal, is that a yes or a no?

nobby
15-03-07, 21:05
I'd bum him for a billion :D

Nah... I'd do it for 10 grand :p

Richard Slade
15-03-07, 21:11
Nah... I'd do it for 10 grand :p
You've always been rather cheap Nobby :angel:

Anyways, gief seemless zoning..

Speedball
15-03-07, 22:49
Zone lines are part of neocron. Neocron without zonelines is impossible. BUGS ARE PART OF NEOCRON! DEAL WITH IT! :rolleyes: (indeed zonewhores are fucking bastards who need to be chainkilled and banned, but that's logical don't take me wrong)

Richard Slade
15-03-07, 23:16
Zone lines are part of neocron. Neocron without zonelines is impossible. BUGS ARE PART OF NEOCRON! DEAL WITH IT! :rolleyes:
Umm, ya, speedy... We need to talk about this idea of gaming you have..
Haven't we been through this before?

"We, as a community, should, in the same manner as the developers strive to make Neocron a better game in all aspects in order to attract more players and increase the income of said developers in order to evolve Neocron into a program for training elite soldiers in the ways of combat in order to achieve world domination under the KK banner."
Remember?

Speedball
15-03-07, 23:23
Umm, ya, speedy... We need to talk about this idea of gaming you have..
Haven't we been through this before?

"We, as a community, should, in the same manner as the developers strive to make Neocron a better game in all aspects in order to attract more players and increase the income of said developers in order to evolve Neocron into a program for training elite soldiers in the ways of combat in order to achieve world domination under the KK banner."
Remember?

And errr....errrrr....ok !

Richard Slade
17-03-07, 19:21
Putting my... thing.. in here again in the vague hope of someone accepting and taking it giving some response..

(Aka *bump for more info*)

Kierz
18-03-07, 12:31
what would be a realistic amount of time for a neocron 3 with a nice new engine, and it wouldn't have to be completely incompatible with everything you've done would it?

nobby
18-03-07, 12:32
hmm...
A new Engine ?

*KK has Heart attack*

I believe AT LEAST 5 years from now

Richard Slade
19-03-07, 00:28
hmm...
A new Engine ?

*KK has Heart attack*

I believe AT LEAST 5 years from now
Due to how long NC has been around, I wouldn't bet they have 5 years if they want NC to live on sadly..

Not in my world atleast :wtf:

Kierz
20-03-07, 19:06
Due to how long NC has been around, I wouldn't bet they have 5 years if they want NC to live on sadly..

Not in my world atleast :wtf:would if they put it back to nc1 while making nc3 :P

NicoTron77
21-03-07, 18:21
The only grudge I've ever held against NC (and the only reason for not actually playing) is the bloody zones, synchronizing this, zoning every 2 minutes..

Yes, you are so right, Richard ! Well, just thinking about it ... why do we still use tires on our cars ? I hate those tires ! That's the reason I don't drive my car anymore ! And all the pollution...

Wouldn't it be great if our cars could fly already and cause no pollution at all? Richard, would you build this car pls? How much time will it take? We can wait ! Just tell us you're doing it, and 50-80 people will sell their old car now !

Haha well sorry, I had to. This suggestion is just too funny for a techie.

Thing is, the whole engine's build that way for a reason. And you cannot change it without rebuilding the whole engine and redesigning the whole gameworld. So, if you don't know anything about technology, why bother talking about it?

And, if the zoning's your biggest problem in nc, I think you shouldn't drive a car anymore. Or use any other technology at all. And play wow, for that matter.

kane
21-03-07, 19:57
id let him bum me for free shit man I got bumed by bill!

Richard Slade
21-03-07, 20:20
Yes, you are so right, Richard ! Well, just thinking about it ... why do we still use tires on our cars ? I hate those tires ! That's the reason I don't drive my car anymore ! And all the pollution...

Wouldn't it be great if our cars could fly already and cause no pollution at all? Richard, would you build this car pls? How much time will it take? We can wait ! Just tell us you're doing it, and 50-80 people will sell their old car now !

Haha well sorry, I had to. This suggestion is just too funny for a techie.

Thing is, the whole engine's build that way for a reason. And you cannot change it without rebuilding the whole engine and redesigning the whole gameworld. So, if you don't know anything about technology, why bother talking about it?

And, if the zoning's your biggest problem in nc, I think you shouldn't drive a car anymore. Or use any other technology at all. And play wow, for that matter.

Let's see...
There are games with seemless zoning..
There are no cars without wheels...

Hence it's possible to make a game without zonelines, as there are already a whole buckload of them out.
There are, to my knowledge, no cars without wheels...

So let's put this in a bit easier words for you:
"Idiot"

Also, did I at any point state any thought about it being 'easy' to do?
No, I didn't, so; Let me state it again.
"Idiot"

Also, in regards to your last statement:
"And, if the zoning's your biggest problem in nc, I think you shouldn't drive a car anymore."
.... Idiot...

So, all in all, mr 'techie', go away and let the grownups talk about visions of the future.
It's okay to have dreams, didn't anyone tell you that?

Edit:
And
I

As far as I understand from certain somebodies [Editorial notice; It's not you] it's gonna be really hard...
however I'd deem it worth it.

ashley watts
21-03-07, 20:26
Let's see...
There are games with seemless zoning..
There are no cars without wheels...

Hence it's possible to make a game without zonelines, as there are already a whole buckload of them out.
There are, to my knowledge, no cars without wheels...

So let's put this in a bit easier words for you:
"Idiot"

Also, did I at any point state any thought about it being 'easy' to do?
No, I didn't, so; Let me state it again.
"Idiot"

Also, in regards to your last statement:
"And, if the zoning's your biggest problem in nc, I think you shouldn't drive a car anymore."
.... Idiot...

So, all in all, mr 'techie', go away and let the grownups talk about visions of the future.
It's okay to have dreams, didn't anyone tell you that?

Edit:
And
I

My god took the words right outta my mouth !

kane
21-03-07, 20:33
I don't know anymore guys. If KK keeps saying stuff like opps we can't do this and that requires a big change or re-write of the engine. Whats the future of neocron going to be?

Take min to think about that.