PDA

View Full Version : Area MC5 Hawkings CPU

darkservent
14-03-07, 02:26
it minuses dex WTF??? its a trade skill chip!! trying 2 skill my CSTER is awful..now i need as much cst as possible (correct me if im wrong) well thats what i got from looking at the german forums. Now my cster has such low dex its madd...most of the ex dex chips just dont give any bonuses any more its stupid seen as it a vital factor or CST.

braydagner
14-03-07, 02:27
Welcome to 2.2

darkservent
14-03-07, 02:30
my 2.2 experience isnt going as smoothly as i wished...this time last week i was so excited about the free 30 days, now its just seems 2 get more and more dissapointing

eprodigy
14-03-07, 02:30
T-haven is good still.

but yeah there seems to be some random imp things.. and im really annoyed about my moveon.

like i just noticed the smart cyber eye now gives +RC and +PC, but less then a specific eye. why would anyone use that?

darkservent
14-03-07, 02:32
there seems to be some random imp things..

like the smart cyber eye which now gives +RC and +PC, but less then a specific eye. why would anyone use that?

i just took that out my cster coz it also used 2 add +1 dex

Mal
14-03-07, 09:32
T-haven is good still.

but yeah there seems to be some random imp things.. and im really annoyed about my moveon.

like i just noticed the smart cyber eye now gives +RC and +PC, but less then a specific eye. why would anyone use that?

I think it gives higher TC then a normal eye? Not sure though

Why does a constructer need high dex? This is a genuine question, does it help them 'cap' an item?

a4nic8er
14-03-07, 09:48
In 2.1 INT affected stats on rares, DEX affected repair (loss of condition).

Without altering any implants my capped tradeskiller went from 120 INT to 108 INT and 110 DEX to 98 DEX.

I can't for the life of me work out how my skiller losing 12 INT and 12 DEX has made him more "Balanced"

darkservent
14-03-07, 12:47
In 2.1 INT affected stats on rares, DEX affected repair (loss of condition).

Without altering any implants my capped tradeskiller went from 120 INT to 108 INT and 110 DEX to 98 DEX.

I can't for the life of me work out how my skiller losing 12 INT and 12 DEX has made him more "Balanced"

thank you very much, u got the figures on point...im 98 dex how stupid

seen as i am a cst and repping spy, BOTH of my skills are gona be messed up

Lifewaster
14-03-07, 14:47
The changed CST3/2 chips are quite useful now (+22.3cst on the 3), and they dont minus rsearch.....also the advanced nerves 3 adds cst as well as res.

Overall it seems ok, yesterday our CSTers were capping rares and capping non-rares(to the new cap of 94%) with about 200ish cst skill. So the slight reductions to dex/int seem to be outweighed by the extra skill points available overall.

Brammers
14-03-07, 14:54
TL207 with capped INIT and DEX was capping items, and I've got 3 more chips and bones to stick in.

One thing in this balancing is there are no pure RES chips, like the CST chips... unless there are new chips no-one has found yet.

elGringo
14-03-07, 15:02
One thing in this balancing is there are no pure RES chips, like the CST chips... unless there are new chips no-one has found yet.

is there a CST backbone then? ;)

Overall I agree, that tradeskilling has become even more dull with 2.2 as the new set of implants has made multi-trading less attractive - in combination with the requirement to skill implant for switching gloves it leaves even less room for variation in the INT skill distribution :(
What I would really like to see is the following:

- IMP RES CST REC Gloves working similar to the 'novice gauntlet', as in: no implant needed to swap them!

and as a kinky addition

- INT WOC 1 Item:
"IMP+RES+CST+REC Multipurpose Glove"

and possibly some other tradeskill woc goodies

darkservent
14-03-07, 15:25
is there a cst eye?

Mal
14-03-07, 20:08

I've had very similar with dropping from 105 to 78 dex with my PE. Lowering attribute values wouldn't have been a bad idea had it not been MASSIVE reductions. But then again if they were doing it to limit (for example) a PE from using a Silent Hunter, why not just set those weapons to Spy only, instead of destroying the characters?

Dribble Joy
14-03-07, 20:25
God knows what imps you're using, going from +25 to -2 is daft, if you had the same imp in 2.1 as you do now, you MUST have a positive dex modifier. I only had to add one dex imp to contiue using my judge, and that put me at 102 dex.

Chuck Norris
14-03-07, 22:52
Im sure higher overall stats give you higher percentage on slots... that was the common assumption in nc1 the higher the str/int/dex the better the chance of slots. Since there is no such thing as random in a video game!

kb244
14-03-07, 23:19
My Tradeskill spy has both the Special Science Chip and The Hawking Chip in his head. He went from about 100 INT down to 80, for the life of me I don't understand this, and ruined my settings as I cannot level via combat because I'm tradeskill, and I'm stuck being broke because I've used up all my money buying research substance in order to level up int so that my Hawkings and Special Forces can turn on again, thus far I've not hit this point and I find it extremely difficult to get out of the rut I am in.

Also while I do like how the Construction 3 chip( which for me does nothing useful but add more INT) does not have a negative impact on research, I Can't understand why why we've lost so much base points in the IMPs, not to mention why would an MC5 chip cause negatives, traditionally it should only cause positives which was part of it's strong desirability. Also as a pure tradeskiller I like to dedicate all my dex points into repair (or recycle but this time repair seems to be the more in demand skill in that area).

What I'm finding is that any one who was not already capped prior to 2.2 is going to have a very difficult time as a pure tradeskiller leveling, where as those who were capped just got more powerful ( in comparison). At least with my rifle spy I am able to drop down to a lower power armor to help reactivate my weapons ( I was more leveled so none of my implants got blanked out ) and go hunt something or PVP or such to gain experience, but with my tradeskiller it cost money to level, not to mention I am not a fan of having to use up implant disinfectant gel every time I need to change out a glove, such as if I need to buff myself for a skill then put back on the research glove, I find it much fast if possible just to hand off the booster spell to a nearby stranger and have them buff me real quick than it is to change out gloves and lose gel and money in the process on top of the money I'm losing in research substance.

KK please help us pure tradeskillers.