PDA

View Full Version : Marine is now a doorstop? or a fancy keyring?

evs
13-03-07, 16:40
Now whilst I realise no chip lasts forever (Rest in peace 386 sx16), I was quite surprised at the heavy handed change to the Marine Chip.
Now only giving 1.9 STR it seems very harsh - especially for a chip that's now back in the rare pool.

Was this low stat intended? And it now has negatives as well as no H-C anymore. It's like its been stood on with a rather large size 12.

Are other chips like this? I.e psicore/sf as i've not had chance to check them - if it's intended, fair enough - but it just seems very 'odd'.

Judge
13-03-07, 16:47
There seems to be a general reduction in attribute bonus' from chips, as well splitting chips in their skill bonus'. Not sure how much I like it, especially as they're introducing the high level implants back into the rare pool (wasn't the tech pool reduction a major part of NC2?).

IceStorm
13-03-07, 16:50
Not sure how much I like it, especially as they're introducing the high level implants back into the rare pool (wasn't the tech pool reduction a major part of NC2?).I said the same (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=2062393#post2062393) thing (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=2062407#post2062407).

numb
13-03-07, 18:16
Does this change make an HC PE no longer a viable option then?

pharabus
13-03-07, 18:18
I can't use my CS anymore due to the Marine nerf and that makes baby jesus cry :(

Rambus
13-03-07, 18:44
If you think the marine got hit hard, take a look at your moveon. It's in one of my cabs with my broken bad self constructed claw....

Nullvoid
13-03-07, 18:56
It's a shame they felt the need to make the moveon quite so useless, I mean It's an epic reward after all...same goes for the gaya glove (the 6k one u get from any psi trader is better...).

To make up for it they should introduce some rare eyes/hearts/backbones!!

Mal
13-03-07, 19:18
I don't understand why the dex requirements are kept the same, but the attribute bonuses have been reduced. It's obviously an attempt to stop things like PEs with silent hunters, but I now have issues equiping a bloody liberator on a PE ffs.

Dribble Joy
13-03-07, 19:37
Libby is easy, I don't even need the dex bonus from redflash for DJ to use a judge.

The SA being 95 dex doesn't help though.

As for the marine, it could well change with the implant rework later on.

Mal
13-03-07, 21:29
With my original setup, I could use a Beam of Hell without too many problems. Now, I find myself drugging up to use the Wyatt

That's about a 20 dex reduction O_o

Dribble Joy
13-03-07, 22:19
Drugging for a wyatt? What imps are you using?

DJ has: CCP, SF, Coordination advancement, PPR, exp reflex 2.4, PA3 and redflash (though only for the TC and AGL).

Mal
14-03-07, 00:43
Urm, LE, vehical 1, berserk 1.... nah kidding.

Urm I think (but can't remember off of the top of my head) I have a PP resist, motoric 3, distance 3 and a SF atm (trying to get the swat, obviously). I think I should remove the PP resist chip.