PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 H-C aiming recticle tank rather slow

zii
13-03-07, 12:45
My capped pure H-C tank really cannot aim his guns anymore. WEP and H-C are very large and take a very long time to close on objects a meer five metres away.

This is using my two guns : Dev and Speedgat.

Did I miss something?

Seraphin[69]
13-03-07, 13:58
Basically you cannot aim with your dev if you're moving. You have to kneel for the reticle to actually get smaller.

Time to try a new weapon like CS or ravager ? ;)

Nullvoid
13-03-07, 14:01
You will also get increased aiming % by pumping up your hightech combat above what the weapons need, it is no longer 'just a requirement'. Beyond that we all just have to get accustomed to this new harder aiming style.

Xeno LARD
13-03-07, 14:36
You will also get increased aiming % by pumping up your hightech combat above what the weapons need, it is no longer 'just a requirement'. Beyond that we all just have to get accustomed to this new harder aiming style.

ooooooooh shit, that explains it. Thanks for this!

Wait no it doesn't. What about the speed gat?

Carnage
13-03-07, 14:46
ooooooooh shit, that explains it. Thanks for this!

Wait no it doesn't. What about the speed gat?

What kind of npc you have tried to aim ?
Smaller npcs like roaches or tiny spiders are harder to aim as large npcs like Warbot.

How far you can close your aim depends on how far you are away from the npc and which range your weapon has.

Nullvoid
13-03-07, 14:50
Well ok that was a dumb comment by me since he only mentioned lowtech weapons :lol:

Maybe kk will tweak things a little over time, but I think we just have to forget how easy it was to aim in 2.1 and just practice practice practice with the new horribly-slow closing reticles.

Dogface
13-03-07, 15:46
Another thing I'd like to mention is the actual size the reticule starts to close from, it is fully massive. A week or so ago I was playing my tank in the pvp duel zone on the test server and I was really surprised at just how large it starts to close from compared to 2.1. This was also from a very close distance - near melee range.

zii
13-03-07, 15:47
@ nid. test was a Dev and CM epic speedgat aimed at the cabinet in my apartment. I never got around to venturing outside.

So let me get this right: One cannot aim the Dev or CM Epic Speedgat at anything whilst one is moving. This does sound rather helpful in a combat situation. I look foreward to fast and furious fights.

Xeno LARD
13-03-07, 15:48
What kind of npc you have tried to aim ?
Smaller npcs like roaches or tiny spiders are harder to aim as large npcs like Warbot.

How far you can close your aim depends on how far you are away from the npc and which range your weapon has.

Umm one of those little robot things in the reactor core in TH and a player in NF.

Both were really slow.

Edit: NF NOT HN! >.<

evs
13-03-07, 16:45
I think we could really do with a 'new' breakdown

I.e HC Damage = 0.6% H-C, 0.3% T-C 0.1% Blind luck

for example

Mal
13-03-07, 19:22
I've been hunting Agressor captains, launchers and hurler/butchee and the aiming against those is shocking with the TL40 gat cannon.

Logan_storm_03
13-03-07, 19:32
Hmmm working as intended prehaps? I guess lugging a a huge shoulder mounted cannon in a PVP furball fight is abit crazy. But they don't have many other uses than that...

Rifles feel just right though.

Dribble Joy
13-03-07, 19:35
Aiming is slower across the weapon ranges, even with full int in wep and high PC/TC my judge is far slower than in 2.1.

zii
14-03-07, 11:38
Ah well. I ventured out this morning afore work and shot a WBT up. Took quite some time to kill; Dmg on the CM epic Speedgat was about 14 points each shot, then 28 after the initial damage was worn down. (note that I was using uranium slugs & not phosperer slugs so damage would be greater with the latter). It took me several minutes to kill the WBT. , and then a rather evil Spider Bot turned up shooting the same shots that the Johnny Fives do. Très kewl !

The WBTs really hurt this tank. I have 45 energy, 40 xray, and energy armour. I suppose they were spouting some xray? I have yet to assign the other con points.

Additionally, either I misread the post or its wrong: I know that there is no SI caused by LOMs for the moment, but are these meant to cause loss of experience as well? I noticed that they do.

Over all, I really enjoyed the PVE this morning. It was harder to do, and slower to aim but I still enjoyed it more than 2.1, but perhaps this is simply because it is new and I am fickle.

Cash reward for the WBT was 3050 credits on a STR capped tank/ 120 H-C and a CM Speedgat.

The Launcher Cyclops dropped dead after a few blasts from my trusty DEV but I had to stand next to him for the recticle to close.

Dezh
14-03-07, 11:59
Just buy a CS.

John Bushido
14-03-07, 12:06
and a moonstriker, moonie makes rly good dmg these days ;)

Nullvoid
14-03-07, 12:10
but with the shockingly bad aiming you're likely to die before your target ^^

zii
14-03-07, 13:12
Indeed. Moonie seldom strikes its target. I have a CS ; Perhaps, I shall change, but with pure h-c I can push everything into AGL, but this was on 2.1...

How good is the CS now in 2.2 compared with the CM speedgat & the associated trade off on run speed caused by the loss of AGL.

Nullvoid
14-03-07, 14:23
Zii, I think instead of the cm speed gatling you should be looking to get that rare gatling cannon they introduced (I forget its name). If you're still not happy with that one's damage then maybe think about the switch to hightech.

Dribble Joy
14-03-07, 14:27
Remember that HT needs TC, as it affects freq and aiming. This means that HT and LT weapons of the same TL should do the same dmg.
However this works better with the dex weapons, as the TC is a direct trade off for PC/RC, rather than agl, which is a neutral skill overall.

John Bushido
14-03-07, 15:03
but with the shockingly bad aiming you're likely to die before your target ^^

hm, i used my moonie yesterday outside from mb (standing on the 2nd lvl),

ive shoot 1 clip in a group of enemys, changed to cs and nuked the 2 guys who where still standing, u have to know when to use it :)

zii
14-03-07, 15:10
Does anybody know the name of the new rare gatling cannon? ^^

VegaH
14-03-07, 15:19
OK....I have to be honest and I wont put 2.2 to complete junk yet. Yesterday night i had great fun playing my HC tank again...didn't have this feeling for a long time in NC. I still have to figure out a good setup for HC tank but seems like they will get a good importance in fights.

I have to say i played with a ppu though so I'm not too sure of how can a tank survive good alone yet. My main question is about the resists. How can a tank actually manage to spec points in resists force and piercing nowadays with those hard capping levels? With a ppu its not too bad since he gives me a deflector but what would it be against a SH with no deflector?

Anyways, i really feel like I'm playing a TANK again with those big clips in guns this is fun.

Cya

zii
14-03-07, 15:33
Indeed. It is very nice to have 84 bullets in my Speedgat. :D

However, new rare gatling cannon name? purrlease

Dribble Joy
14-03-07, 15:34
Piercing, force and HC/MC balance is something you are going to have to make your own mind up about really. More offence or more defence. Selecting the right armour will help too.

zii
14-03-07, 15:46
What else affects low tech cannons now?

WEP - as usual
H-C - Is this now solely a requirement or will it affect damage like it was in 2.1

Are there other attributes that did not affect low-tech cannons in 2.1 that now affect low-tech cannons in 2.2?

Dribble Joy
14-03-07, 15:50
Nope, WEP and HC as before for low techs (though the actual relative effects of the two skill ma be slightly different).

John Bushido
14-03-07, 16:30
ive got 85 on skill in force an resist, on armor i scratch force and resist to 100 on every hitzone, seems enough for me.....

dunno my hc skill exactly but i guess 180 is enough (without pa, but if u had problems with aiming then u can use pa or even an x beast)

Dogface
14-03-07, 17:29
However, new rare gatling cannon name? purrlease

Equilibrium of Forces.

Dribble Joy
14-03-07, 18:05
ive got 85 on skill in force an resist, on armor i scratch force and resist to 100 on every hitzone, seems enough for me.....

dunno my hc skill exactly but i guess 180 is enough (without pa, but if u had problems with aiming then u can use pa or even an x beast)
Should be fine, more than DJ has (and PE shields are crap, plus tanks do more dmg....yay...).