PDA

View Full Version : Important thread on the current Zone/Soulight/faction system (NC2.2 pvp revision)

Archy
13-03-07, 11:00
After a nice start in 2.2 , of wich i enjoy these current event happened :

Was fighting 2 neutrals at mb entrance. Was enjoying myself (a friend was here and showing him off the game). And i actually kill those 2 neutrals about twice each, and then they kill me, and i gr to my app.

So i realise i have -73 sl and i lost half of my quickbar, all of my armor and some implants. So i immediatly dm the guy who kill me and try to convince him to give me my stuff back explaining the situation. So after a long discussion he agrees but i have a hard time reaching him as i lost my stealth and guards shoot me. So he comes near me and trades me, and then closes trades and says :
" this is what you get for ally pking" and then ganks me.

So i lose the other half of my quickbar and the rest of the stuff in my inventory. Telling myself wow, the last 5-10 minutes just screwed this char for the next 2 months (and thats if i leave him idling). So while you may see this as i whine i want to point it out now because i think this whole system needs to be revised. So much for having enough balls to fight 2 people alone, and trying to have fun playing a game.

There will be a lot of fighting soon as the population is bigger and i hope this wont happen to other players.

I have not been dissapointed with 2.2 except minor things like : slow healing time, gloves needing implant and other minor stuff. I can deal with that much more than the current situation.

Is it possible to change the sl loss for neutral kills in most zones.... its very annoying to read VERY SMALL AMMOUNT, when after 2 or 3 kills, your whole quickbelt is lost when you die, this is quite insane.

I hope they change this as it's too carebear oriented atm. PLEASE KK revise the neutral soulight problem, these kind of events have happened to me to often when simply trying to have fun pvping in a game thats supposed to to be for carebears and the whole no more elves thing, hardcore pvp.

I hope this will be understood as i feel its critical as it's the very basis of pure pvp in nc 2.2

edit : lost a whole set of armor, first love, pa3, lots of implants and many spells in about 10 minutes from the last events. Some of the items i have them since years.

solling
13-03-07, 11:05
well dont kill neutrals :p or maybee lower the sl loss for killing neutrals i dunno wouldent mind to much.

and did u really have to bring all the rest of ur stuff back to the same guys who killed u once ?

maybee we can get another place to fight ? mb is to small and sucky anyways so if we cold get another Mb fight zone/safe zone that have the fight zone AS a battle zone now THAT would be ubar and make it FAR away from people lvling (like MB) and make sure it have a GR in the safe zone. then people could fight WHOMEVER whatever they want and not loose sl.

THE_TICK!!!!
13-03-07, 11:14
SL has been a problem for quite sometime, I would suggest you stay away from killing neutrals in the future, That should help ease your SL woe's :) Of course i have a problem with the darn SL thing from time to time, i am a pretty competitive guy, and when someone opens up on me well, i do my damndest to kill them ! I had this idea a while back, it would help out allot in my opinion. Lets say you where puttin along checkin out the sites and a neutral or a green decides he doesn't like your armor ?? well My idea is this, if a neutral or green decides to kill an allied runner, instantly the attacking party would turn red to the runner that he had attacked, While the aggrieved party would see a red, framed target, the attackie would still see a green target. So that being said, the attacker would get bad SL, but the person could defend himself, with no worries about losing SL...i would love to hear opinions on this.

thanks
tick

gstyle40
13-03-07, 11:29
that is an excellent idea. kk move now....GO!!

SorkZmok
13-03-07, 12:35
Well, killing neutrals always made your SL drop in certain zones, so you shouldve known that.
Also next time you might see the message telling you you lost SL and sympathies after the first kill. But four without noticing?

And while i consider the guy that pked you when you tried to get the belt back a pretty stupid cunt it's your own damn fault.

Never leave a safezone impaired, with implants, armor, spells missing and on top with negative soullight.

You were just beggin to get pked again. Sorry for your loss.

I do agree that the SL system is shit though. :)

THE_TICK!!!!
13-03-07, 14:00
yea kid but whats your take on my idea you hoser ??

SorkZmok
13-03-07, 14:31
yea kid but whats your take on my idea you hoser ??
Heh, the idea is good. There needs to be some kind of "flagging" when you get attacked so you can fight back without fucking over your symp and sl.

This would solve so many issues, i wish KK would do the SL system next. Right after they fixed all the new bugs with 2.2. :lol:

Dogface
13-03-07, 15:54
Don't pvp at MB :angel:

evs
13-03-07, 16:26
I got attacked by an enemy tank under TH whilst i was testing damage with my friend and not knowing the now extremely heavy penalties - we killed said tank.
I got -47 SL for my trouble and lost 50 symp.

So ive been logged in AFK for ages now slowly dripping down my SL whilst occasionally running to do the odd 'very easy' bug swatting mission to get some SL back, but thats normally 2-3 per point.

It's going slowly.

THE_TICK!!!!
13-03-07, 16:37
aye we have all went thru that special hell that is, regaining SL..my ppu has had 0 SL for like 2 years..its kind of crazy

Archy
13-03-07, 18:49
Heh, the idea is good. There needs to be some kind of "flagging" when you get attacked so you can fight back without fucking over your symp and sl.

This would solve so many issues, i wish KK would do the SL system next. Right after they fixed all the new bugs with 2.2. :lol:

Don't you think it's a critical time ?

SorkZmok
13-03-07, 21:26
Don't you think it's a critical time ?
I'd love to see it fixed asap as it is one of the worst problems around.

My guess would be that the pvp system KK implemented ages ago simply does not allow such thing as flagging an attacker or it was very complicated to get it done. And we all know how long even simple stuff takes KK ages to work out. o_O

Archy
14-03-07, 02:58
Im glad to see im not the only one that feels the same , and feels this is a very underlooked factor of the game (and a vital one). I sure hope it will be checked at in the near future. These events are always a huge letdown and usually gamestoppers to say the least.

Koshinn
14-03-07, 03:15
How about... double or triple the cost of ammo and psi boosters, then make it money loss instead of item loss when you die.

yuuki
14-03-07, 03:45
ppl asking for aggressor flagging is mebbe as old as the sl system and has since then been ignored consequently tho it would solve most of the problems. that's why i think kapow is right about that it's far from easy to implement.
but good luck this time :D

Richard Slade
14-03-07, 04:50
Last time I checked the saying went "Red is dead"..
That excludes any other possible color....

Coid
14-03-07, 05:10
i personally liked it better when belts weren't even implimented, thats just me though. whats everyone elses thoughts on that? -SL = No item loss just guards shoot. :D

yuuki
14-03-07, 05:19
well imo this would make red sl playable, so it's basically ok. But then there should be no sl loss for killing the red sl player, even in a leveling area.
actually i think the leveling areas should only award an sl loss when you kill ppl that are intended to level there (depending on their overall rank solely), e.g. not let an enemy runner raiding a city escape into the noob leveling dungeons knowing his opponents will be heavily penalized for killing him there.

Tostino
14-03-07, 06:21
I know this is a bit off topic, but Tick... why in gods name are you still using my old avatar?

numb
14-03-07, 14:05
It's a shame the flagging thing can't be implemented. If it could be implemented successfully we could have the clan war feature that I've been desperate to see in game for years.