PDA

View Full Version : 2.2 = Shaft the PPU?

CMaster
12-03-07, 21:17
Psi Core has become Crahn Combat Core. PPUs need the Crahn Support Core which is apparently now a tech part item. They are not exchanagable apparently, so while APUs are swimming in combat cores, PPUs have to go farming 100s of techs.

Holy ressurection has turned into blessed (wastes my 5 slot ultimated).
Holy Antidote has turned into blessed (there was a blessed before, WTF)
Holy Damageblocker, again knocked down to blessed.
Holy True Sight Sacntum is Milky Renned. Why, we dunno.

And PPUs also now need to get tech parts to make Holy Deflection, Holy Absobtion and Holy Protection, but seeing as we got to keep our high level non-rare shields, this isn't a big deal.

While I have no real complaints about the re-balancing of the PPU, I'm not happy about how PPUs have been treated in the transition.

Dogface
12-03-07, 21:19
We got owned, time to respec to APU.

Logan_storm_03
12-03-07, 21:22
It's a bad thing?

Trivaldi
12-03-07, 21:24
At the moment i am collecting any unexpected issues to deliver to SnowCrash and the Dev Team which will be addressed as soon as possible in the next few days. In the mean time i ask for your patience and for you to please report any further issues to the Balance Discussion -> Bug Reports forum.

Thanks

Triv

CMaster
It's a bad thing?
Balancing PPU = Good thing.
Raping PPUs in the transition so they cannont play without spending a lot of cash and time = bad thing.

rob444
What happened with Holy Paralysis? It's an APU spell now, why the hell..?

RogerRamjet
12-03-07, 21:28
So my 5 slot True sight sanc is a milky ren? Sigh. Holy para is an APU spell? So now APUs para you, then kick your arse with holy lightning? Sigh.

I hope i've got this wrong.

rob444
12-03-07, 21:31
So my 5 slot True sight sanc is a milky ren? Sigh. Holy para is an APU spell? So now APUs para you, then kick your arse with holy lightning? Sigh.

I hope i've got this wrong.

Heh yeah I was thinking about that as well. APUs running around freezing people and then spam the fuck out of you with their poisons, whatever.

I really dislike the idea of APUs having holy paralysis.

Trivaldi
12-03-07, 21:33
What happened with Holy Paralysis? It's an APU spell now, why the hell..?
The topic of Paralysis/Frozen for monks was covered in the PPU and APU discussion topic in the Balance Discussion forum some time ago.

You can find it in the archive, here: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136650

Triv

ashley watts
12-03-07, 21:51
PPU's have HAB, hmmm sounds like balancing o_O

CMaster
12-03-07, 21:52
Holy Frostation isn't really as problem guys. It does nasty damage, but the para part is pretty negligible. And PPUs ahve plenty more to be doing (antibuffing, removing stacks, removing negative effects) that we won't be kept bored. Seriosuly, I quite like the new PPU and how it plays (based off test server). I just hate how PPUs have been treated in teh transfer and hope there will be something to make up for it.

Also, it seems that Crahn Catharsis and Holy Catharisis have also been milky renned

illmatic
12-03-07, 22:07
should be a fun new twist

rob444
12-03-07, 22:39
LOL. I'm a level 55 PPU, I have full shields and using a resist boost. Got heal sanctum up + heal and I can hardly outheal an agressor captain. If that wasn't enough. While I was typing I got shot at by some Xbow PE in Plaza 2 and I had lost pretty much hp already (again full shields, everything) and I couldn't heal up properly. My heal is like, nerfed. Medpacks seem to do better atm lol.

tarasm
12-03-07, 23:41
Lets NERF KK.

Jodo
13-03-07, 01:02
All my tech parts for Catharsis, Holy catharsis and Holy True Sight Sanctum seem to have been rendered useless. They all say "Wrecked *** of".
Insert tech, frame, core, etc where *** is. 23 parts altogether which isn't much compared to some runners but still... :(
All my other techs seem ok, though I haven't done a full check yet. I didn't have any MC5 parts gathering dust, I made them up last week incase I got a few Milky Rens. ;)

Lifewaster
13-03-07, 01:49
LOL. I'm a level 55 PPU, I have full shields and using a resist boost. Got heal sanctum up + heal and I can hardly outheal an agressor captain. If that wasn't enough. While I was typing I got shot at by some Xbow PE in Plaza 2 and I had lost pretty much hp already (again full shields, everything) and I couldn't heal up properly. My heal is like, nerfed. Medpacks seem to do better atm lol.

Check this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2062195#post2062195) for info as to why your PPU dies so easily.....if you avoid getting bugged (ie: dont zone with shields on and expect them to work afterwards :(), you will be able to resist/outheal quite well.

also note: heal sanctum no longer stacks with a normal heal, in fact heal sanctum generally isnt needed at all anymore

Dogface
13-03-07, 02:54
The only thing that kills my PPU is two ravagers. That's when standing still too.

eprodigy
13-03-07, 02:57
im not going to cry over shafted ppus

theyve been shafting me for years :p

:angel:

Trivaldi
13-03-07, 16:16
In regards to the True Sight Sanctum and a few other mixed up items please check out this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2062627#post2062627). They will be restored once a patch is applied so please make sure to keep them safe and not to eat your valuable rares ;).

The Holy spell lines are available as both vender\constructor items as well as a rare version (different naming system) of each.

Triv

Cromac
13-03-07, 16:35
I'm confused, my DB for example went from holy to blessed? Also what was a holy anti buff is now a blessed antiprotector, shouldn't they have been turned into holy antiprotectors?

rob444
13-03-07, 17:18
Check this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2062195#post2062195) for info as to why your PPU dies so easily.....if you avoid getting bugged (ie: dont zone with shields on and expect them to work afterwards :(), you will be able to resist/outheal quite well.

Yeah I know, CON Setup - 2.2 was my thread ^^.

calim
13-03-07, 17:20
Do we have to understand and admit that we lost these holy items (to blessed one), and they aren't going to be replaced ?

Cromac
13-03-07, 17:28
Do we have to understand and admit that we lost these holy items (to blessed one), and they aren't going to be replaced ?

It looks like it tbh.. from what I can gather from the posts made by the GM's it was done on purpose the only spell changes that are being made are to Holy Cartharsis and True Sight Sanctum. Can a gm explain why certain spells have been reduced to blessed like the DB which was holy before? :wtf:

Sakletare
13-03-07, 23:00
So... about that rollback for true sight sanctum.
Has it happend or will it happen in the near future? Because i can't find my true sigth sanctum now (and no, i haven't moved any items since 2.2). :(