PDA

View Full Version : Retail Patch 159 Notes

Thanatos
12-03-07, 17:18
Note: these are the latest changes compared to the test server version. For all test server patch notes, please visit this forum (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191).

[LOM PILLS]
- The 'Loss of Memory' pills used to unlearn subskills will work without causing 'Synaptic Impairment' for the first period of the retail version.

[CONTENT]
- Added 4 new WoC-missions that have high level goodies as rewards! Keep your eyes open for Commander Harris, Bail Bondsman - Eric Peters, First Lieutenant McLane and The Jackal!
- Added 2 new vehicles that have DEX-based weapons (and requirements): NEXT Air Guard v.1.1 and NEXT Assault 'Trophy Hunter' V.2.56 (Scorpion Trike).

[CHANGES/BUGFIXES]
- Changed the frame rate cap to 100 milliseconds (100 FPS).
- NPCs with a skill rank below 32 are no longer affected by the general PvE damage modifier: they take more damage now.
- Added some tolerance for the server-side verification of PSI weapons.
- Reduced the strength of fall damage to 70 percent.

- Fixed the different usage of resistance skills inside Neofrag.
- Fixed combat rank update bug. The combat rank will update if you equip a weapon that will change your combat rank. Otherwise the combat rank will stay unchanged.
- Fixed a bug that caused a fatal error when taking damage while entering a vehicle.

[ITEM/WEAPON CHANGES]
- Grenades are working again.
- Adjusted range of low level pistols. They now have a minimum range of 75 meters.
- Fixed the remote repair tool.
- Increased the amount of nanites per ammo pack to 20 (was 4).
- Damage of 'Juggernaut Crossbow Pistol' changed to pure instant damage.

Tickles
12-03-07, 17:20
Looks good. Can't wait! Definately think that LoMs shouldn't take away exp though for the first few weeks.

Lifewaster
12-03-07, 17:22
oooh , 4 new woc thingys , interesting ^^

Nice change on the rank /32 mobs, that should help noobs a lot.

silent000
12-03-07, 17:23
Oh now im excited!

FPS cap at 100????? thats silly!

Dogface
12-03-07, 17:27
[CONTENT]
- Added 4 new WoC-missions that have high level goodies as rewards! Keep your eyes open for Commander Harris, Bail Bondsman - Eric Peters, First Lieutenant McLane and The Jackal!
- Added 2 new vehicles that have DEX-based weapons (and requirements): NEXT Air Guard v.1.1 and NEXT Assault 'Trophy Hunter' V.2.56 (Scorpion Trike).

Niiice. Shame I don't have woc though :lol:

[CHANGES/BUGFIXES]
- Fixed the different usage of resistance skills inside Neofrag.

Best fix ever.

Looking good so far.

Hell-demon
12-03-07, 17:28
Wooooooooooh!

Tickles
12-03-07, 17:28
Ok looking at http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138447 it seems you can download complete client but what about the patch for existing clients :)

Hell-demon
12-03-07, 17:32
downloadin' the trailer now

Do I need to get the client or do I just wait to patch my existing one?

Brammers
12-03-07, 17:32
Oh now im excited!

FPS cap at 100????? thats silly!

It's way better than 66fps.

...and 2 more vehicles nice.

Hmm. Anyone notice there is 5 people for the woc quests, and 4 woc quests?

Thanatos
12-03-07, 17:33
The 2 patches are relatively small so they don't need to be made available as separate download (compared to the 2.1 patch, which contained lots of graphics and was quite massive).

Tickles
12-03-07, 17:35
It's way better than 66fps.

...and 2 more vehicles nice.

Hmm. Anyone notice there is 5 people for the woc quests, and 4 woc quests?

Looks like 4 people to me.. just Bail Bondsman - Eric Peters is one person.

Also: Just need to see an email about it.

Brammers
12-03-07, 17:37
Looks like 4 people to me.. just Bail Bondsman - Eric Peters is one person.

Also: Just need to see an email about it.

Doh yeah... read that bit as 2 persons.

2 hours before I get off work.

Hell-demon
12-03-07, 17:39
Okay, the trailer was shit.

Lifewaster
12-03-07, 17:41
This includes a brand new high-level PvP dungeon as well as a set of new high-level missions to obtain new game items. (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=150)

This new dungeon sounds interesting also.....

Tickles
12-03-07, 17:41
Yeh thats in the FAQ. I was wondering about that as i don't think theres been any previous mention of it before. What does it mean by PvP dungeon... something like capture the flag? Or just somewhere like neofrag or somewhere to just host normal fight nights maybe... any clarification KK?

Thanatos
12-03-07, 17:45
The dungeon is a suprise, you'll learn more over the next days :)

Lifewaster
12-03-07, 17:45
Yeh thats in the FAQ. I was wondering about that as i don't think theres been any previous mention of it before. What does it mean by PvP dungeon... something like capture the flag? Or just somewhere like neofrag or somewhere to just hose normal fight nights...

Hmm, kinda hope its more then just a new neofrag (allthough there is the old "war-games" building entrances in DOY that didnt function) so it might actually be just that.

What I hope it is , is some kinda uber hunting area where LEs dont work....

Tickles
12-03-07, 17:48
Yeh no idea why they haven't jst come up with some story like "DoY steals Neofrag maps" and then just puts the exact same console entrances in the wargames entrances... sounds quite simple i would have thought.

silent000
12-03-07, 17:50
I do so hope that The Jackal give a new WoC pistol called 'The Jackal'

Oh how i will cream!

Dogface
12-03-07, 17:54
Yeh no idea why they haven't jst come up with some story like "DoY steals Neofrag maps" and then just puts the exact same console entrances in the wargames entrances... sounds quite simple i would have thought.

That's something the old KK would have done - the easy, bandaid, cheap way out. :angel:

NAPPER
12-03-07, 17:55
can you tell us where to find the guys ????????????????????
for the new woc missions

calim
12-03-07, 18:11
- Increased the amount of nanites per ammo pack to 20 (was 4).

Good !!! well done :)

Dribble Joy
12-03-07, 18:20
can you tell us where to find the guys ????????????????????
for the new woc missions
Onoz!! We might have to explore for ourselves!!

:p

Btw... I thought the trailer was alright. OK you've got old footage in there but.. eh...

Skusty
12-03-07, 18:21
Sexey. The trailer was awesome too.

Ru-Just-RU
12-03-07, 18:22
How can i start 2.2 ? autoupdater downolad nothing....

silent000
12-03-07, 18:22
As soon as my setup is done im going after that jackal

CMaster
12-03-07, 18:23
Soo, is the airguard an aircraft itself do you reckon, or is it an anti-air vehicle?

hatmankh
12-03-07, 18:24
Theres no patch we have to download the complete client all over again. :mad:

Ru-Just-RU
12-03-07, 18:26
Theres no patch we have to download the complete client all over again. :mad:

is it true ?!? or a bad joke ?? o_O

No1male
ive just downloaded 2 patches. Kinda thought that was it :P

silent000
No the FTP isnt available yet thru the launcher just be patient

unreal
12-03-07, 18:27
I can't wait to see how unbalanced the two new vehicles are. Fairly good surprise though, assuming they don't have insane restrictions leaving them unusable in any sensible way. :p

switchnine
12-03-07, 18:28
Theres patches on the ftp server, but they are not listed on the support -> updates list. So I dunno if thats test patch or what?... also are the servers now open? The launcher implies that, but autopatcher doesn't connect to server :(

Update:
sorry i meant "downloads -> game updates" list

Ru-Just-RU
12-03-07, 18:29
ive just downloaded 2 patches. Kinda thought that was it :P

where you download it ? and you playing now ?

No1male
12-03-07, 18:30
where you download it ? and you playing now ?
straight from the ftp server: ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/

and no im not playing yet :(

gstyle40
12-03-07, 18:33
man if they make us download the launcher ima scream....i just tried and it says somethin like 16 hours. the mirror site just times out. so it must not be available yet.

No1male
12-03-07, 18:34
the new launcher is the trial for 2.2 The title of the file gave that away :p

also in the top left of the launcher it says 2.2 launcher :rolleyes:

gstyle40
12-03-07, 18:37
maybe daylight savings has somethin to do with this. we are all 1 hour ahead of kk's plans :D maybe we still gotta wait another half hour.....

Ru-Just-RU
12-03-07, 18:38
hm... i think better way to wait....... but! i don`t want to wait ;) so 16 mins remaining.... ^^

No1male
12-03-07, 18:39
it said 6pm CET which is 5pm GMT. correct me if im wrong but thats in 20 minutes. So yes we are early 8|

silent000
12-03-07, 18:39
Yes 5pm GMT

CMaster
12-03-07, 18:41
it said 6pm CET which is 5pm GMT. correct me if im wrong but thats in 20 minutes. So yes we are early 8|
Yah, CET is GMT+1

Ru-Just-RU
12-03-07, 18:45
why KK don`t turn servers and FTP both ? hm :wtf:

No1male
12-03-07, 18:46
they have to load the files onto the ftp site so the launcher can download from there.

thought that would be self explanatory? :rolleyes:

Ru-Just-RU
12-03-07, 18:49
they have to load the files onto the ftp site so the launcher can download from there.

thought that would be self explanatory? :rolleyes:

i`am in downloading process ATM 158,159 patch, but not from client^^

No1male
12-03-07, 18:49
i`am in downloading process ATM 158,159 patch, but not from client^^

i give up :lol:

Ru-Just-RU
12-03-07, 18:55
the sign "99% complete" are good.... but only for first 30 mins ^^

Fur!4
12-03-07, 18:57
You dont know how horney I am atm ^^ This is what neocron need ! Cmon guys, I wanna see all my old m8s from Nc1 also =D

Hell-demon
12-03-07, 19:01
Its up!

I'm downloading!

CMaster
12-03-07, 20:05
Holy Antidote, Holy Damageblocker and Holy Ressurection spells have all become Blessed. Considering the effort needed in making good versions of them when they were high TL, I'm not especially pleased.

Kierz
12-03-07, 21:33
you should've left our points intact and made loms not remove xp or si, at least then people would have a setup to play with first

Dribble Joy
13-03-07, 00:57
There seems to be a problem with spells. I went out to test against a terrormauler, but half way through found that when the heal and shield ran, they would not re-cast. The stack would not appear, nor would any effects make themselves known. As a result I died, when I came back my spells were working fine, I killed the mob and went home, but on the way back again they failed to recast.

Judge
13-03-07, 01:02
So is 159 using DJ's implant system or the previous one?

solling
13-03-07, 10:22
i think the loss of XP on loms is fair, this way u STILL have to think before u use the points and maybee test in nf ? but if u make a mistake takeing one do not give me 10000% SI wich is very good loms work well now

calim
13-03-07, 12:43
i think the loss of XP on loms is fair, this way u STILL have to think before u use the points and maybee test in nf ? but if u make a mistake takeing one do not give me 10000% SI wich is very good loms work well now

"you STILL have to think before" ? That's not a sufficient reason. We are at a transition point, this LOM party is part of NC development and tuning process... I mean you can't penalize players because game's mechanisms has changed ?

Speedball
13-03-07, 18:27
I've got a quick question here!

I red the whole weapons post but I don't quit understand this :
Damage (100): Base 10 %, H-C 70 %, WEP 20 %

What means the damage (100), and sometimes I see a (110)

Can someone explain me ?

kurai
13-03-07, 19:37
The 110 is generally for HighTech weapons.

It just means that things that need a T-C skill investment get a 10% starting boost compared to LowTech ones.

Dribble Joy
13-03-07, 19:40
So is 159 using DJ's implant system or the previous one?
Previous, which is kinda daft, they should have reworked it before 2.2 went retail. People are spending time and money to get their setups back but they are just going to have to do it all again in a bit.

Bredahl
13-03-07, 19:45
Umf.. good to know.. well guess i wont be playing NC until the next patch then - just hope it come soon :rolleyes:

Judge
13-03-07, 20:26
Previous, which is kinda daft, they should have reworked it before 2.2 went retail. People are spending time and money to get their setups back but they are just going to have to do it all again in a bit.

Yeah, I'm waiting until I know that Implants are at least relatively final.

Dribble Joy
13-03-07, 22:37
Drugs seem to be slightly broken. I had no flash, drugged up, and when it runs I get a large flash which only is half affected by taking another dose.

Also I'm still getting the spell bug. I went to BD to shoot some WBs, casted fine, then when I ran from one after I ran out of ammo I couldn't cast my heal. GRed and it casted fine.

Zheo
14-03-07, 00:00
Should we log bug reports here? If so I have the following:

Serious bug but wont post for exploit reasons (might get me banned ;p )

My monk turns red in certain lights (GM also said it happens to his char)

Weapons: Fusion Cannon & Ray Cannon ammo packs don't reload enough ammo into gun, you have to reload multipul times. Fusion cannon ROF is too fast imo (dunno if it does less damage so might work out even).

AOE hc weapons aim VERY poorly due to old aiming style, so even with high HC and getting around 200+% aim you still have a LARGE area, which makes it almost impossible to use, and impossible to use at long range. (since you can't hit your target)

Mobs/guards can see you in stealth currently, tested alot and is proven to be an issue.

when taking damage implant bones degrade. They are treated as armour.

Will submit more when i learn of them

Dribble Joy
14-03-07, 07:43
Though previously high drug flash was made worse by more drugs being taken, there now a problem that low drug flash suddenly is made worse too. You wait for that flash to go completely and wait several more minutes, and taking a drug brings back flash.

Retaking a drug should allways remove flash, seriously. Please.

Gulinborsti
14-03-07, 08:47
Only to support this bugreports:

AOE hc weapons aim VERY poorly due to old aiming style, so even with high HC and getting around 200+% aim you still have a LARGE area, which makes it almost impossible to use, and impossible to use at long range. (since you can't hit your target)
Aim on Raygun Cannons is a joke and doesn't get any better with raising WPL, H-C or T-C.

when taking damage implant bones degrade. They are treated as armour.
It seems not even bone implants are getting damaged like armour, suddenly while hunting my tanks backbonepopped out because it dropped to 0% condition.

Trivaldi
14-03-07, 11:26
As well as mentioning them here please post bug reports in the dedicated forum (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191) within the Balance Discussion area, this way Carnage and the QA team are sure to find them :)

Triv

Mal
14-03-07, 20:35
[LOM PILLS]
- The 'Loss of Memory' pills used to unlearn subskills will work without causing 'Synaptic Impairment' for the first period of the retail version.

I think it should be kept this way, it's brilliant!

Alufolie
14-03-07, 20:38

-QFT-

Mighty Max
14-03-07, 20:41

I don't, it is - for gaming - a stupid concept. (A feature to remove parts of game mechanics)

For adopting to the massive changes and giving an easier re-trial it's fine with me tho.

Mal
14-03-07, 20:47
I just think that with the massive kick to experience that you get from LOMs anyway (5% is a lot when you're around cap) that there shouldn't be SI, or at least not as much.

What I was saying to the clan was it would be nice if there was a LOM tool which opens a screen, where you select the skills you want (similar to neoskiller), obviously this would be restricted to only being able to use the number of points you've earned at your level, and when you apply it, it resets all the skills at once. It charges around the same as if you'd bought all the LOMs and used them at once, but you'd only get a single dose of normal SI.

The experience loss would remain at 5% but it would mean instead of spending days to reset your character, you could do it in one go, meaning it's much more efficient and means players will be more inclined to find a play-style setup that suits them (and makes them more likely to actually play the game rather then complaining about setups etc).

To counter people attempting to exploit this (ie, using it to flick from WEP to Hack in an OP war), the LOM tools can't be used for another 60 minutes.

Nullvoid
15-03-07, 00:48
I just wanted to give another vote towards keeping the loms as they currently are, on a permanent basis. The xp penalty is harsh enough. To me it seemed the old system basically encouraged those that would use a macro to do so, while punishing everyone else with a tedious and completely unnecessary timesink.

Jodo
15-03-07, 02:08
The effects of LoM pilss has been discussed quite a lot and imo should work as they normally do once the 2.2 settling in period is over.
If you LoM a lot then there should be drawbacks to deter you, if you don't LoM a lot then there's no problem as it will rarely affect you.

Nullvoid
15-03-07, 12:31
Personally I find the constant loss of xp to be quite a strong deterrant. I just wish there wasn't the huge associated SI hit.

If the SI hit was removed, yes you can do your lomming session super fast, but in a sense there is still the timesink involved in gaining back all the lost xp, which can at least be kinda fun to achieve. Sitting down waiting off big chunks of SI every pill is just plain boring and adds nothing to the game.