PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming...

prozium
10-03-07, 23:32
Have you ever wondered, that when your typing KK or saying KK to someone, what exactly KK is? when I picture them comming into the office or getting ready to work on 2.2 I see a room filled with some nice computers and about 5 or so people sitting around trying to make this game better or (sitting there raking in subcr. money) whichever you see in your mind.

My point or my dream is...

I scroll through all the posts on the boards and see people complaining about the same things since release of nc1, plus more stuff, and minus some others, Wouldn't it be neat if I or someone I knew, Bankrolled their whole operation, I mean more programmers, more people to work on this game and make it better, like into a 1000+ people on the main server.

Like say hypathetically, If I sent a Donation to KK for like 1 or 2 million dollars, Would we see this game get fixed fast? or would it make it a better game? I just have these visions of how to make NC a better game, But would giving KK all the money and support they needed make NC better? and if so, Wouldnt it be cool if a private investor did something like that. atleast i can still dream.

darkservent
10-03-07, 23:43
Have you ever wondered, that when your typing KK or saying KK to someone, what exactly KK is? when I picture them comming into the office or getting ready to work on 2.2 I see a room filled with some nice computers and about 5 or so people sitting around trying to make this game better or (sitting there raking in subcr. money) whichever you see in your mind.

I scroll through all the posts on the boards and see people complaining about the same things since release of nc1, plus more stuff, and minus some others, Wouldn't it be neat if I or someone I knew, Bankrolled their whole operation, I mean more programmers, more people to work on this game and make it better, like into a 1000+ people on the main server.

Like say hypathetically, If I sent a Donation to KK for like 1 or 2 million dollars, Would we see this game get fixed fast? or would it make it a better game? I just have these visions of how to make NC a better game, But would giving KK all the money and support they needed make NC better? and if so, Wouldnt it be cool if a private investor did something like that. atleast i can still dream.

wow that would be alot of hamsters to run on their little wheels to run our servers!!

Mal
11-03-07, 02:26
What do we think when we hear the words KK?

You ever heard the theory about the thousand monkeys sat behind a thousand computers, one day they'd code an MMO?

But I bet over the last 5 years, it's safe to say they've had a lot more then £2m from players to invest into the game, and it takes a very, very long time for them to make improvements. I doubt a sudden £2m cash injection would result in much more then the mother of all parties at 10tacle HQ :D

silent000
11-03-07, 02:54
You do know KK is a myth right? None of em actually exist, you are playing in your own head, and not actually doing anything in real life.

Imagination is a cruel world.

prozium
11-03-07, 03:33
I guess what I meant was, If 10tacles or KK had the resources that Blizz or Microsoft or ect... would Neocron benefit from it or suffer?

Clive tombstone
11-03-07, 04:00
I've taken a bussiness class specifically for the game industry, so I hope Im right when I answer prozium question.

KK would most likely they would benifit from the added resources, as Im sure ANY company with resources like blizzard or SOE would naturally. The real question however, would be if the direction of the game and progress of the quality of the game as a whole would be further'ed by such resources. With what KK (theres that name again :D ) has done with its limited resources, its sufice to say that theyve done well what what they've given us.

Now even though what I have said above is debatable by opinion, its a good thing to say that KK most likely could improve on a plethera of things with added resources, so long as the said head of the company/studio will/would allocate the proper funds into the proper areas to further improvement.

In a nutshell, as long as the boss shovels money in the right spots and gives proper navigation, the project should reach a desired goal. Of course other minor details such as bussiness ethic, employees, etc also play into this result, that ties back to financial resources to some degree also.

If I could reference (to show the dreaded side of poor finance management in the video game industry) probably one of the greatest blunders in financial history (Aside from the ET the video game on the Atari) was Dai Katana (created by Ion Storm (now closed,=)), by John Romero, which wasted "Friggin Hords of cash" on the developers and its crew. In the end the game was utter shit, and still holds close to one of the most costly video games in history (or at least of its time).

Im plenty sure that KK is much more compitent (unlike my grammer =P) than said company above, so hopefully more money will come they're way and they can buy us some new netcode :D .

Seraphin[69]
11-03-07, 10:08
Well even if you give KK money they'll put it in Prophecy rather than in Neocron...

Asian market FTW

Coid
11-03-07, 12:36

possible scenarios....
1. A really rich dude donates a couple mil....kk hires more people and starts working out the bugs thoroughly.
2. A really rich dude donates a couple mil....kk figures that they made a couple years profit just like that for free. They go on vacation. (which i find highly unlikely myself but u never know)
3. A really rich dude donates a couple mil....Graphics get a massive overhaul with hl2 or doom3 engine + bug fixes. Eye candy is good! The games graphics were outdated already when nc1 first hit retail. *sigh*
4. A really rich dude buys the game rights, and then does #3 ;)
P.S. I myself gave up on bitching about bugs, its no different than a dog chasing his tale. It doesnt do him any good cuz he wont catch it. Constructive criticism can always be good....

Dezh
11-03-07, 12:42
possible scenarios....
1. A really rich dude donates a couple mil....kk hires more people and starts working out the bugs thoroughly.
2. A really rich dude donates a couple mil....kk figures that they made a couple years profit just like that for free. They go on vacation. (which i find highly unlikely myself but u never know)
3. A really rich dude donates a couple mil....Graphics get a massive overhaul with hl2 or doom3 engine + bug fixes. Eye candy is good! The games graphics were outdated already when nc1 first hit retail. *sigh*
4. A really rich dude buys the game rights, and then does #3 ;)

Insta-cream. :p

Mal
11-03-07, 12:55
Yeah but the problem is that really rich dude would want to buy a game with prospects.

A game that started to die off like 6 months after its release isn't a very wise investment.

I have, however, sent Richard Branson a copy of Neocron and the account details so he can play on a capped tank for a while. Let's see if Virgin buy NC out ;)

Coid
11-03-07, 13:15
The fact is....nc has fluctuated alot over the years. Ive seen the highs and the lows....i mean the LOWEST....but hell its still HERE....if nc was really gunna die out. would have happened along time ago. NC has always had its nitch in my life. Im sure alot of others can agree....even u mal ;)

Nidhogg
11-03-07, 15:01
Please make the cheque out to me. Thanks. :p

N

Mal
11-03-07, 15:06
Oh don't worry about me, I just have a love/hate relationship with NC :D