View Full Version : Stealth in safe zones?

Archy
10-03-07, 06:30
Yes ?

No ?

why ?

debate.

I say yes.

discuss

Bredahl
10-03-07, 06:56
Better idea - remove safezones! then you can stealth everywhere you would like ;)

Archy
10-03-07, 06:59
agreed, why do we have safezones anyways ? we have our own appartments....

eprodigy
10-03-07, 08:57
whats the point? why do you need to hide if no one can hurt you?

vices
10-03-07, 09:39
Copbot's, guards and the such can and WILL hurt you, even in safezones.

jini
10-03-07, 10:10
but not under stealth... If spies ever get stealth in safezones, there is nothing that can killl them

Jodo
10-03-07, 12:22
I don't see why they can't. I've seen (obviously) PPU's and PE's outhealing Copbot damage. Stealth is just the Spy equivalent surely?

Mal
10-03-07, 12:26
TBH I think they should remove York, put the factions back in their original HQs and reduce the number of guards around Neocron.

There're very few players still around, and I miss the glory days when PP rocked with PVP :D

I think perhaps one neutral zone, like Plaza 1 where people can get pokes and shit, and then the rest of the city should be under normal city rules.

Skusty
10-03-07, 13:08
Make NC bomb York and force the factions to flee to NC. ;)

nobby
10-03-07, 15:00
NC Bomb York

Twilight Guardian take the canyon as their own
Fallen angels take over Tech Haven from the City Admin
Black dragon and Tsunami Take Pepper park

Perfect :p

Fega
10-03-07, 15:03
They could just lower the number of guards in Pepper Park, and rebuild the faction HQs down there. This would give the Dome something more to do, and it would bring back some more fights.

I think we should make an offical request for something like this.

Dogface
10-03-07, 16:26
TBH I think they should remove York, put the factions back in their original HQs and reduce the number of guards around Neocron.

What an original and brilliant idea! Why was this never done in the first place? :p I totally agree with you though, there isn't much point in putting enemy players on opposite sides of the map.

PP really needs something to put the life back in it. Less/weaker guards, no para and a real reason for people to fight there would be great.

Oh and remove safezones. If people draw weapons they should get warned by (80/80, with no para) copbots to put the weapon away, if they don't then they should get shot at. If you kill someone in these zones the you should get a pretty harsh sl/symp loss. So killing people is possible in these areas but having regular pvp there isn't an option.

zii
10-03-07, 21:19
Round and round we go! ;) I trust that this was tainted with sarcasm.

Safezone removal caused people to stop leaving their flats, which was shame. It sounds like a great idea, but people are chicken shit in reality and disappear into other places in NC and won't tell you about it.

Para. - gahh. soon to be removed in 2.2. Thank Gaud.

I have no idea why one cannot stealth in a safe zone. This makes no sense to me one little bit. Personally, I think its to do with lazy coding/ rule creation, so that the games identifies it as a weapon, when it oughtn't to.

Mal
11-03-07, 02:24
What an original and brilliant idea! Why was this never done in the first place? :p

And here's me without knowing if that's meant to be sarcasm or not :wtf:

Coid
11-03-07, 12:44

There're very few players still around, and I miss the glory days when PP rocked with PVP :D

I think perhaps one neutral zone, like Plaza 1 where people can get pokes and shit, and then the rest of the city should be under normal city rules.
I like how they did the setup in WOW, i admit 2 different continents are awsome york on one, nc on the other...no need for a zeplin though we got genreps :P

Dezh
11-03-07, 12:48

Ayeeeees! Loved it when I just could run to pp at any time of the day and there still was PvP goin'. <3

Mal
11-03-07, 12:51
I like how they did the setup in WOW, i admit 2 different continents are awsome york on one, nc on the other...no need for a zeplin though we got genreps :P

Yeah, would be nice if we had 1000 players instead of 100 :lol:

switchnine
11-03-07, 13:29
Stealth in safezones should be allowed. It makes no sence to be in a hostile safezone :confused: and having your char apparently too scared to draw their weapons because a voice is telling them not to do it, and the voice probably belongs to that copbot thats already shooting at them. Yet they still wont draw even a stealth tool? :confused: :confused: :confused:

They need to remove all guards from all safezones AND change no-draw-weapon sound to something else. OR they should remove all safezones and crank up the soullight penalties in those zones (and review & adjust how SL is regained to make it slower- e.g. no SL gain from killing the same enemy runner within 24 hours). Runners with neg soullight should not be able to GR into unrestricted safezones. This would make much more sence :)

Also.... slightly off topic, but 120/120 guards?! why can a (human) guard reach levels us runners will never achieve? imo a single guard should be a match for a capped runner, only ever going to extremes like 120/120 where the guard really looks the business (cyborgs, TG special forces, etc). Maybe this is fixed in 2.2?

Mal
11-03-07, 15:03
Copbots are 120/120 cause they're cyborgs, but I don't have an explanation from the Screaming Horse guards, other then they're living off of steroids or something...