PDA

View Full Version : Hostile planet updates!

Terayon
08-03-07, 12:17
I know there are some people who where looking forward to this mod and the website went down and never came back up. Helk set up a blog not to long ago and there are some updates on it.

http://helk.garry.tv/

And I thought it looked like neocron before. Check out the bottom screenshot.

Fega
08-03-07, 12:24
Looks like neocron lol

silent000
08-03-07, 12:24
Looks good, but looking more at the video i can see it getting boring very fast =/

Coid
08-03-07, 12:28
looks like a way better "visually", but it looks like they copied KK cuz it looks almost exactly like nc without a doubt.

SorkZmok
08-03-07, 13:59
Looks nice and really a lot like NC, especially the aiming part with hitboxes and that.

Seems a bit too slow for my likings though.

RogerRamjet
08-03-07, 14:02
Does it run on the HL2 engine?

Xeno LARD
08-03-07, 16:53
That looks mint as fuck

rob444
08-03-07, 17:13
It's a HL2 mod so yes it's using the HL2 engine :P.

HP supports zones as well so you can zone around in the world just as in neocron without looping synchronizations and fatal errors.

I heard HP is going towards the mmorpg genre as well. Apparently this is impossible with Valves standard netcode so HP is using a free netcode library to work around that problem.

Logan_storm_03
08-03-07, 17:55
If that isn't neocron then I'll eat my hat!

Terayon
10-03-07, 01:15
Ya on second thought i dont know how awesome the games going to be. Has alot of cool things though like base building and how your screen focuses on certain objects depending on aim and stuff. For some reason though i predict it wont be free on release.

In any case ill be trying nc some more with the free time. I want to love the changes.

rob444
10-03-07, 12:18
I've only tested the mod on one map, where we tested GUI and combat etc.

All I can say is that it got great potential of becoming one of the most played HL2 mods out there.

It's different (combat might not look different to HL2 MP at this moment but that's because the weapons/mobs/etc. are still being developed ;)). It's going to support more than 32 players, actually a lot more. A lot of areas to explore. Nice graphics, good physics, great sound experience. And I've never heard that the mod is going to cost a dime even at final production. If Valve on the other hand approaches Helk, Helk might accept the deal (heh I would!).

I'm not saying it's going to "wTf PwN!zz" other mods, but the little I've seen has showed me that this mod brings quality and fun which a lot of HL2 mods out there don't have heh :P.

Mal
10-03-07, 12:36
All I can say is that it got great potential of becoming one of the most played HL2 mods out there.

You mean apart from CS, DoD, AS, Distopia, Battlegrounds, Gutterrunnners etc etc etc

Anyway, it can't be a Neocron ripoff, it didn't crash once in the videos :D

rob444
10-03-07, 13:15
Hehe yeah, it might not break the CS/CSS playerbase but it might do it when it has been out for a while ;).

True, neocron is not neocron without endless synchs and fatals ;)