PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Clans and op wars.

Rogue Arson
08-03-07, 08:43
I know that things will likely change with 2.2, but as of right now... who are the major players clan wise? What factions are active and which aren't?

I'm lookin' for the politicol layout of the server and tryin' to get a sense of where Imma fit in. A screenie of the map would be helpful if anyone could post that as well...

tanx in advance.

Coid
08-03-07, 10:28
try logging onto a server and looking at the map ;)

Rogue Arson
08-03-07, 13:40
try logging onto a server and looking at the map ;)

lol waitin' on my 30 days before I reactivate. Dont' wanna spend money until I see what 2.2 is gonna be like =)

Faid
08-03-07, 17:40
This is a tricky question as every clan will have a different answer as to how they think other clans operate. Heres a shot of the map anyway. SXR is the purple, R2K is the white, Killer Klowns is the redish color, Terraists is the green, Blood is the Blue, and GBC is the pink. FF have Tescom and I think EXL have Gabanium.

Rogue Arson
08-03-07, 18:03
tanx Faid. Gives me a basic idea of whats goin' on =)

Coid
08-03-07, 22:46
im actually happy to see that ff is no longer a map monopoly....then again not too fond of r2k either ;)

braydagner
08-03-07, 23:15
Umm... why does Kaceh have ops? You guys are slackin without me tbh

Dogface
08-03-07, 23:35
KC shouldn't have OPs. KC shouldn't even have game accounts.

braydagner
09-03-07, 00:24
Last I heard some of them don't anymore...

Tidus_Origin
12-03-07, 18:35
im actually happy to see that ff is no longer a map monopoly....then again not too fond of r2k either ;)

I have to agree with you. I'm very surprised to see FF only having one OP ( :eek: <- Like that). Back when I played (in 2.1), FF owned anywhere from 70-90% of the OPs on the map. Amazing how much its changed.

darkservent
14-03-07, 13:43
FF will be back probably by the weekend.......mwhahahahahahahahahahaahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

I want my cycrow home back..... :mad: :mad:

$tormbringer
15-03-07, 21:31
ff gets back to cycrow? yay... so i can atleast sit on my mountain again and hit u guys from out of nowhere =) good old times *cough*

Eneco
25-03-07, 23:08
last time i checked the map it was monopolized by R2K and FF, and maybe a little CA, don't know what clan

Dribble Joy
25-03-07, 23:18
ff gets back to cycrow? yay... so i can atleast sit on my mountain again and hit u guys from out of nowhere =) good old times *cough*
You'll do well. Snipers are insane.

solling
26-03-07, 09:17
but FF is jax an got ion cannons and what not (or so im told) :P i wish I had a spot where iw as assured some action and where i could SNIPE whenever i wanted to. Pro city are lucky.

i say u guys hang out and run all over another zone of ur choice so that we pros can come and shoot u and have fun whenever we want to :p

Ascension
09-04-07, 23:23
wow, long time since I read these forums... I've left MMO'ing for real life pleasures. Good to see Lores still about mind! :angel:

Kierz
10-04-07, 10:13
i say u guys hang out and run all over another zone of ur choice so that we pros can come and shoot u and have fun whenever we want to :pyou keep trying that in every op fight these days, it's boring especially when you get the droners out.. also lol at this thread, so sad how the world map has changed and destroyed op fighting between smaller clans, now its all small chances vs a zerg force when you have nearly all your members on, but they keep fighting while your members leave so you're gonna lose the fight eventually, and they usually gain people too :p

also i'd like to point out FF still on the map, we had respect and didn't take your last op even tho you hadden't been on in weeks, you ninja our last ops when we have no one on (sxr's)

solling
10-04-07, 20:46
we dident ninja ur ops tbh i KEEP checking the city com for people online and unless a clan actually have some we dont hax.

Dogface
10-04-07, 21:09
FF guy 1 : "Hey guys, they have 1 member on, AFKing in TH."

FF guy 2 : "We should go ninja their OPs."

FF guy 1 : "It's not a ninja, they have a member on.."

:rolleyes:

solling
10-04-07, 22:54
someones been beat a lil to often :rolleyes:

btw when u have 8 on and u say that 6 is afk in th then blah

Bredahl
10-04-07, 22:56

yup, thats the FF style :lol:

solling
10-04-07, 22:58
hey at least we fight , most city clans sit inside their safe zones and or is zonewhoring mb :rolleyes:

Spiro
11-04-07, 01:31
We should do another raid on NC :>

RogerRamjet
11-04-07, 01:43

Pretty nieve point of view.

Most clans (when I played) had one member in the clan online, others on alts, and even more on ventrilo. Theres probably very few clans, and even fewer occaisons when only 1 member is online when an OP is attacked.

Dogface
11-04-07, 02:17
It's not naive, it's typical FF.

Things were fine just before 2.2 came out when the map had several colours on it, hopefully zerging/drone whoring/SH whoring clans like FF will die out a bit again once the 2.2 free time runs out.

VegaH
11-04-07, 02:45
I agree map was funny at the end of 2.1 with every clans on the map...Now the map doesnt represent the biggest pvpers clans or something like that....it just represents the clans with the people having the most time to waste to ninja hack OPs....which always been the case anyways.

I really do think the way OPs are taken + defended should be completely reviewed with a sort of big forum thread with ideas of people....KK seems to always look at the balancing of weapon vs weapon with such a mathematical and stastitical point of view but noone seems to be looking at clans vs clans system or OP activities, which is a big part why people keep playing this game, or a big part of why a lot of people wont play this game no more.

Just to start with some ideas.....I do think there always been 2 or 3 major problems in OP fights which are (in my opinion):

1) Zerg (25 people vs 2 people......the 25 people always telling they saw 30 online from the other clan and the 2 people always telling they were actually negative 5 online). Not too sure of how to solve this problem....Anyone got ideas?

2) Zerg WITH AoEing (using multiple barrels and AoE guns to make sure noone will live more than half a second when going out of the UG beside if they got a Hyperconnection plugged in KK's ass with a computer with 10 gigs of ram and stuff). I already suggested for this to make the AoE weapons and spells big damage on mobs and low damage on runners...what you guys think about that idea?

3) UG zonewhoring (always running around UG trying to kill one enemy then zoning down to get healed up until the whole enemy clan is killed). I do believe that making OPs in a way where the UGs would maybe be far away from the hackterm could help for this, as you would force the defending team to go out the UG to fight the enemies. Though there might be other solutions, anyone got one?

4) Ninja Hacking (Taking an OP with one addicted person relogging 16 of his quadruple logged characters in different OPs during offline time of fighters to make sure you get the map the color you want with less fighting and fun for everyone). One easy suggestion could be to make it impossible to hack if less than a certain number of people are online from the defending clan...though it might make people log off on purpose to defend their OP which would be really bad too. Anyone got ideas?

I also think there should be a sort of PvP big arena available to zone in from everywhere in NC, DOY, TH and MB to regroup all PvPers at all time....dunno im just throwing it in....

OK ill read your answers....trying to be constructive so we might get good new ideas in..

The Ottoman
11-04-07, 09:23
One of the reasons I play this game is the feeling of no restrictions. You can do whatever you want to. For some action you can get penalised(guards or other players shooting you) but if you're smart and skilled enough you can bypass those penalties. I wouldn't like it if that changed.

1) I don't have much problems with zerging or being zerged. It's like Tyler Durdon said in another thread, you can't tell half of your members not to come to an OPfight because it would be a zerg.

2)Again I don't mind barreling and AoEing. It's creating a 'Shock and Aww'.

3) UG zonewhoring. UG should be open all the time. It would be better if the defending force could GR into a room on the surface. This room should have a door that can only be opened by a clanmember or by hacking it. Hacking this door should only be possible after the second or third layer of the OP is done.

4) To prevent Ninja hacking you could have some sort of timer. If a clan takes an OP another clan cannot hack it for 24 hours.

Sultan
11-04-07, 09:43

Sultan
11-04-07, 09:47
Zerg or no zerg. Afterall people got something to more idioting idea like ninja ops

4) Ninja Hacking (Taking an OP with one addicted person relogging 16 of his quadruple logged characters in different OPs during offline time of fighters to make sure you get the map the color you want with less fighting and fun for everyone). One easy suggestion could be to make it impossible to hack if less than a certain number of people are online from the defending clan...though it might make people log off on purpose to defend their OP which would be really bad too.

Rly good idea!

solling
11-04-07, 10:37
from my experience in game ZERG is the easist excuse for loosing. (people ALWAYS see more of the enemies then is there i know from my own clan sometimes to)

Ug whoring is problem tho but for both sides the attackers almost kill someone then they zone down or defenders zone up long sync and they are dead.

Tyler_Durdon
11-04-07, 11:32
what about

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2074031#post2074031

it means, that the biggest clans (SWAT, ATF, SOAD und BNB) on mars decided to create an "op fight security zone". Within this zone(s) those clans are not "allowed" to rehack the outposts. (attacking is allowed)

Smaller clans can take the ops in following zones and fight each other. And of coz, every "smaller" clan is allowed to attack the bigger clans as like as before, without having trouble in the security zone.

The secu zone includes the following ops:

- Hawkins Uplink
- Gabanium Mine
- Malestrond Factory
- Emmerson Factory
- Avenger Mine
- Jankins Lab
- Chester Lab
- Sieger Uplink
- Rockshore Factory
- Drakkhan Fortress
- Northstar Uplink

what do you guys think about it ?

The Ottoman
11-04-07, 11:36
A playground for the kiddies :D

Not a bad solution I must say.

Kierz
11-04-07, 13:46
nice solution but i don't like the op's they've picked, i say we just give them all the fortresses and uplinks, the places on the map make it seem interesting, and generally they don't effect the main groupings of ops..

so can we maybe make an unwritten written rule for clans with say, any more than 5 ops, no longer take all 4 layers at another fortress/uplink, attacking the op is allowed (and pretty much the point of this).. what it means is, at the moment for instance if say soldierz or blood have 6-10 people online and lore's checking through the citycoms looking who to fight, he'd notice they would be fightable, but there's no op to attack them at.. as long as you don't take an active clans last op then there's always a way of poaching them into a fight (ofc they can be gay and not turn up, but that doesnt mean you take it to prove a point to them)

VegaH
11-04-07, 14:23
Guys i think you turn up some good ideas though i think what is hard is that were talking about some "homemade rules" which means all the asses that would never accept one of these rules could ruin this in a second. That's why i was more thinking about a more official way to turn up fight in OPs.

I also like the idea (dunno who said it) of having the UG opened at all time so UG whoring can't be a solution to win battles. In this idea, i could maybe add that the first layer you need to hack could be a layer that would open the main entrance door (yes there could be a door) of the OP after a small delay, which would give the time to defending clan to get up the UG and ready to fight. This way would also make flying vehicles more usefull because you would be in the OP before the door opens.

Well guys continue to add your ideas, and Lore, plz don't tell me zerg always been only an excuse, its a fact that OPs are more than often taken with 15 vs 3.....when it's big clan vs big clan and this happens, its not too bad but when a small new clan comes up and try to get on the map and everytime a big clan fuck them up this way, it's really pissing people off and they will stop going for OPs, which is not what we all want i think....

ok Cya

Tyler_Durdon
11-04-07, 14:35
.....when it's big clan vs big clan and this happens, its not too bad but when a small new clan comes up and try to get on the map and everytime a big clan fuck them up this way, it's really pissing people off and they will stop going for OPs, which is not what we all want i think....

./agree

solling
11-04-07, 17:29
nice solution but i don't like the op's they've picked, i say we just give them all the fortresses and uplinks, the places on the map make it seem interesting, and generally they don't effect the main groupings of ops..

so can we maybe make an unwritten written rule for clans with say, any more than 5 ops, no longer take all 4 layers at another fortress/uplink, attacking the op is allowed (and pretty much the point of this).. what it means is, at the moment for instance if say soldierz or blood have 6-10 people online and lore's checking through the citycoms looking who to fight, he'd notice they would be fightable, but there's no op to attack them at.. as long as you don't take an active clans last op then there's always a way of poaching them into a fight (ofc they can be gay and not turn up, but that doesnt mean you take it to prove a point to them)

it all sounds ok to me but wont this just make SOME clans ninja ops when no oen else is online and then when they get attacked not show, i know several clans who would love to do this

Well guys continue to add your ideas, and Lore, plz don't tell me zerg always been only an excuse, its a fact that OPs are more than often taken with 15 vs 3.....when it's big clan vs big clan and this happens, its not too bad but when a small new clan comes up and try to get on the map and everytime a big clan fuck them up this way, it's really pissing people off and they will stop going for OPs, which is not what we all want i think....

more often then not it IS used as an excuse for other big clans when they loose a fight tho

im all for small clans having ops tho adds color to the map

Kierz
11-04-07, 20:47
it all sounds ok to me but wont this just make SOME clans ninja ops when no oen else is online and then when they get attacked not show, i know several clans who would love to do thisyeah that kinda sucks, but the fact the op's are lesser worthy (although fortresses +combat is nice now, then again we're not used to it, so we won't mind not having it and it being an advantage for them) should mean they're not as tempted, and there's always other smaller clans around that can stop them from doing it =]

it'll never work tho, unless we can get an agreement from r2k, FF, TERRArists (i'll talk it over - that is if you ever let us keep op's so we're over the 5 op requirement thingy) and anyone else that ends up becoming a major force

im all for small clans having ops tho adds color to the mapit also shows more activity on the server for people coming back for a quick look :p

Sultan
12-04-07, 08:13
I also like the idea (dunno who said it) of having the UG opened at all time so UG whoring can't be a solution to win battles. In this idea, i could maybe add that the first layer you need to hack could be a layer that would open the main entrance door (yes there could be a door) of the OP after a small delay, which would give the time to defending clan to get up the UG and ready to fight. This way would also make flying vehicles more usefull because you would be in the OP before the door opens.

Maybe just open somekind underground door or a little area in OP were just clan which own OP can only GR. Thisekind idea might stop zonewhoring because when thise "doors" open there no return or zoning some safeplace. Or just do zoning back to ug unpossible would be also good idea.

silent000
12-04-07, 08:33
In my oppinion there should still be a 'safe' haven for the owners of the outpost to gear up/buffed etc for defending against atkers, but once out of this area they may not enter it again till they die / gr back in (which will give you SI)

Doc Holliday
12-04-07, 17:16
In my oppinion there should still be a 'safe' haven for the owners of the outpost to gear up/buffed etc for defending against atkers, but once out of this area they may not enter it again till they die / gr back in (which will give you SI)

Good call there mate. its called go to another fuckin op u might own and start there and run to the op being attacked. Before GRs got added to the underground (lots of people whined about them to be put in so they were) people would gather at a near by op get together get prepped and run to the op or drive. then buff at the zone and attack.

All this bullshit about UG lameing etc was non existant. You had to Re-take your op yes even though u owned it in the first place but with the set up the way it is now why clans dont send a small team to try and hold the op from the ug while the rest get stuck in to the attacking force from another direction is beyond me. I think personally your a sitting duck in the ug if you die and respawn or what ever or you just gr in and wait for the barriers to fall while trying to zone up and down. Get everyone out in the open and make a proper fight of it. battle lines are drawn with a bit of communication and op fights are sustained and therefore more fun than the way it all goes down at the moment.

Everyone has stories about the 323423 hour op fight they fought at xyz op ( ive got shit loads myself ) because of reasons like mentioned above. Clan leaders just have a think about it and see who/what strengths you have and tailor your approach accordingly. but please dont bitch about everything under the son and you will all have alot more fun. :)

spikeownzu
13-04-07, 13:37
care fuckin bears . com

silent000
13-04-07, 14:01
care fuckin bears . com

That boat went when they added safezones.....