PDA

View Full Version : Population in 2.2

optiplex
08-03-07, 07:03
Think it will reach higher than 40%? Or some kind of drastic change?

Apocalypsox
08-03-07, 07:12
maybe if KK sends out mass mails or people start getting the word out, cause Paypal makes it alot easier.

unreal
08-03-07, 08:25
Wouldn't have thought so. Searching google for Neocron 2.2 points you to the Neocron home page, and various other forums. :( So it seems almost nothing has been done to advertise 2.2 officially, and instead Reakktor are relying on word of mouth from the remaining loyalists, which equates to just old players returning for 5minutes until the free gametime period is over. But hopefully the leaving there will be reduced this time round now that PayPal is finally here. Fingers crossed the free time won't be buggered up completely by rollbacks and other problems like with 2.1 which made the free time utterly useless since noone could actually take advantange of the majority of it.

Apart from just saying "here's 2.2, goodbye", there needs to be a continued effort to keep people interested in playing and therefore logged in more often too. This is a topic that has severely been lacking the entire time I've played Neocron, and is no doubt an extra cause for the population being so low. I spoke about a few ideas over the last half a year to help with the general day-to-day goings on within Neocron but most have been thwarted in one way or another for various reasons (generally because they break the RoC). Recently I was given a hint that I may have been speaking to people who don't really have much of a say on those matters so soon I'll try speaking to someone who does, and just hope I get a better response.

Anyhow, it's been said for a long while (usually by me at every opportunity to try and hammer the message across :o) that the storyline progresses at some hellishly slow pace and is barely even paid attention to by people playing the game because all the information isn't really advertised, not are there any in-game goings on to make people even want to pay attention to it.

This is a major problem that has remained the same the entire time I've played Neocron. And that is, events are rare. I can guarantee that if you have regular things going on, particularly storyline related activities combined with PvP, that people will continue logging in to take part in it. The underlying problem lies with Event GM's, or lack thereof. There's just nothing us lowly beings can do about that unfortunately.

Rogue Arson
08-03-07, 08:40
I'd expect pops to average over 25% for the free 30 days easilly. After that, who knows. 90% of the "I'm leaving" threads I've seen have involved payment problems as the number 1 reason. With paypal, thats not an issue anymore. The free 30 days will be enough to get former addicts hooked again. Paypal will remove the biggest stumbling block to keeping them hooked. I just think alot will be up to the community as a whole. Spread the word, be nice to noobs, all that crap. For every noob you don't ally kill, it could be 3 more ppl to kill later. =)

Coid
08-03-07, 10:37
well, +1 to 2.2 cuz im comin back! Theres so much fresh meat on terra >:)

silent000
08-03-07, 12:26
It reached higher than 30% on terra at 2.1 release, maybe it will do the same

Bredahl
08-03-07, 14:57
Lets hope so..

Jason Parker
08-03-07, 15:06
If so I'm realy considering to move over. I had that thought pretty often lately, because you guys over here in the english com seem to be a lot more relaxed than us germans.

Rascil
08-03-07, 15:34
Yeah i offten think about this step, too. But i donīt want to level a new char. I enjoy playing a caped spy but levelling one sucks :-)

CMaster
08-03-07, 16:59

Unfortunatley, back then Terra couldn't handle it. We had 4 rollbacks in 3 months, until the populations dipped again, and then they stopped.

Fega
08-03-07, 17:12
A lovely server merge would make the pops alot nicer :D Shame its unlikely to ever happen.

jnky
10-03-07, 19:26
A friend and I are returning to game for the 30 days, but if it wasnt for him I wouldnt have even known about it.
I did return briefly about a year ago but when it took me a few hours to get a poke and no one to construct my weapons I promptly left again.

Seraphin[69]
10-03-07, 20:44
People that left NC because of the bugs exploit will probably test 2.2 then leave again like they did for 2.1.

For those that have not tested 2.2, it may be even faster : omg what happened to that game -> leave (or maybe they'll test it out a bit I can't tell)

prozium
10-03-07, 23:01
People that left NC because of the bugs exploit will probably test 2.2 then leave again like they did for 2.1.

For those that have not tested 2.2, it may be even faster : omg what happened to that game -> leave (or maybe they'll test it out a bit I can't tell)

sounds to be the most likely senario, ill be back for 2.2 to give it a try, depending on how many people there are to interact with.... KEYWORD INTERACT! That's what most people want when they log onto a MMO, they want interaction with other players and people. so who knows! who knows!

Dezh
11-03-07, 12:45
No there will be 10000 playRs!

Erm. Let's face it, I guess there will be ~13 players online.

(tbh. I think it won't go over 30%)

Coid
11-03-07, 12:47
an easy fix to the whole population problem would be to combine all the servers into one big server. I dont know if they could do that or not but there would definatly be people on all the time instead of seeming empty.

Mal
11-03-07, 12:57
I already get pissed off as it is with the French and Germans coming onto English and refusing to speak English. I just find it pretty rude, I don't go on German servers and speak English afterall :rolleyes:

silent000
11-03-07, 13:03
an easy fix to the whole population problem would be to combine all the servers into one big server. I dont know if they could do that or not but there would definatly be people on all the time instead of seeming empty.

Would probably end up in server implosion rele =/

Dezh
11-03-07, 13:05

Yes. That would fix the pop problem. But the question is, could KK do this without wiping all the servers first

Coid
11-03-07, 13:09
I already get pissed off as it is with the French and Germans coming onto English and refusing to speak English. I just find it pretty rude, I don't go on German servers and speak English afterall :rolleyes:
You got a really good point there...I hadnt thought about that. Germans will stick to german only clans, french with the french, the rest of the english speaking community scattered around in the mix. Like stacked teams in counterstrike

nellus
11-03-07, 14:03

You have to remember that yes Terra is an English server but all that means is that any help from Gm's or ocassiionaly KK staff will be in english, it doesn't mean everybody has to speak in english. People can talk in whatever language they like.
I am in a clan with English, Germans, Dutch, Belgium etc. We don't have a problem with language yes the main language is English but if a couple of Germans are on they will talk in german as it is easier for them, but its no hassle for the rest of us.
It is impossible to force people to speak only one language.

Foo
11-03-07, 20:29
Im gonna come back and try it for sure. Thats if any of my chars will still work cause i wont grind up a new one thats for sure :|.

zii
11-03-07, 20:54
Merge Mercury with Terra. Make these & Mars officially bilingual English and German, although I think some official support in French would nice. N'est pas ^^

Mal
11-03-07, 23:07
[ edited - ensure that it STAYS edited by me this time ]

Nidhogg
11-03-07, 23:13
Let's not get into this English vs. German argument again, especially not in the way that Mal just attempted to do.

N

Mal
12-03-07, 00:27
[ edited - ensure that it STAYS edited by me this time ]

Well, firstly, I've never re-edited a post when a mod has altered it because this is the first time that a mod's EVER modded one of my posts (to my knowlege).

Secondly, I was just saying that it's hard enough to get tradeskillers on a primarily english server, without adding other languages. I don't see how that is attempting to cause a debate, or how it could be counted as a flame O_o

Nidhogg
12-03-07, 01:58
Well, firstly, I've never re-edited a post when a mod has altered it because this is the first time that a mod's EVER modded one of my posts (to my knowlege).

Secondly, I was just saying that it's hard enough to get tradeskillers on a primarily english server, without adding other languages. I don't see how that is attempting to cause a debate, or how it could be counted as a flame O_o
If you'd actually posted it like that you wouldn't have been edited. Just like you didn't get edited this time.

N

Setlec
12-03-07, 02:08
when i was playing SWG one planet map was a server by it self so i guess that is possible to mix all the server into one and make the area larger be a server too...

Fega
12-03-07, 02:09
when i was playing SWG one planet map was a server by it self so i guess that is possible to mix all the server into one and make the area larger be a server too...

Ooo that would be funktastic

That would allow everyone to be on one server too

Mal
12-03-07, 09:05

Yeah, but SWG is running on a different engine isn't it? Is the NC engine even capable of such a thing?

but it would be VERY nice to be able to expand the zones so there're less zonelines for people to run and hide behind :rolleyes:

Couple of nights ago I was out hunting in my Rhino and some guy (called Mjolnir or something) starts shooting us up. We return fire and pummel his Rhino - so he runs like a little girl over the zone line. We followed him and he seemed very shocked to see us coming 'cause he jettisoned 100K worth of ammo and made a run for it. Was hillarious but very disapointing that I couldn't add his tags to my collection - afterall, he started it. If zone lines were more rare, then muppets like that would have to think twice before they start shooting at someone elses hardware :rolleyes:

spikeownzu
12-03-07, 14:32
yep, combining the servers should be the next step for KK.

advertising that paypal is now available payment method is v important too

the playerbase will rise dramatically, but nothing like 40%, the problem is if 2.2 is too buggy within the first 2 weeks, it will drop back down again, people need to see healthy change in NC to want to stay....

its just by chance that i came to neocron site when i was bored as fuck, and because of paypal i can play again

im sure theres many players who was in the same situation as me with click2gay.

Dezh
12-03-07, 15:50
Me wants a merge! Server merge dat is!

Hope that will be KK's next project.

StevenJ
12-03-07, 15:53
advertising that paypal is now available payment method is v important too

Yeah, perhaps that should be somewhere quite prominent on the main NC homepage rather than in small lettering in the news section, for people who look back in from time to time?

silent000
12-03-07, 16:17
Steven u fat nub get back in ur hole ^^

And yes i had alot of problems with click2pay which got me out of game for a couple of months, but you should included the paypal payment method in the email spammage for 2.2

Well i hope KK are doing an e-mail spammage? :confused:

spikeownzu
12-03-07, 17:41
Yeah, perhaps that should be somewhere quite prominent on the main NC homepage rather than in small lettering in the news section, for people who look back in from time to time?

yeah it cud use a bit more advertising on main homepage

Tickles
12-03-07, 17:46
Where it says New Content Completely Rebalanced it should also read New Payment System. It's one of the very important improvements coming with (pretty much with) 2.2

Dogface
12-03-07, 17:49
But KK seem to want to keep that quiet =/