PDA

View Full Version : [ANNOUNCEMENT] THN - Updates to the Items DB and Rares DB for 2.2

Brammers
07-03-07, 17:46
With the NC2.2 release, there is going to be a lot of changes to the items in the game. A lot of items will have new names, and different requirements. Also there is a range of new items. To keep everyone in the loop, and to ask for your help I'm posting this on the THN and official forums as well, as the neocronstuct has shut down.

Rares DB - http://rares.techhaven.org/

I'll start with the easy stuff. I'm basing this information off what was on the test server, and from tipbits of information that I've picked up. This list is likely to be wrong in places, so please post any corrections.

New rares

Craftsmans Dream (nailgun) tl 107 lowtech dex 107 pc 118
Dreadfire Prototype (gatling pistol) tl 110 lowtech dex 110 pc 120
Steiner F.P (freezer pistol) tl 102 high tech dex 102 pc 116 tc 84
Libra (gatling rifle) tl 104 lowtech dex 104 rc 117
Desperado (street rifle) tl 103 lowtech dex 103 rc 116
Equilibrium of Forces (gatling cannon) tl 102 lowtech str 102 hc 118
Summer leech (freezer cannon) tl 97 hightech str 97 hc 113 th 82
Winding argument (grenade launcher) tl 92 lowtech str 92 hc 111
Creed (laser cannon) tl 114 hightech str 114 hc 122 tc 89

Rares with missing information

MC5 Heavy Combat chip
MC5 Pistol Combat chip
Holy Unprotector
Holy Abosrber
Holy Protector
Holy Deflector

Rares with new names

Holy Para is now the Holy Frostration
Antibuff is now either the Holy Unprotector or Unprotector.
Devourer is suspected to be the F24.88 Flamethrower (Based on it's TL)
MC5 SA is now the MC5 Rifle Combat chip
MC5 Herc is now the MC5 M-C Combat chip

What I'm going to do is move these parts from the Phoenix clan pool to seperate cabs, so I can check what they turn into.

The Raptor

This little Drone takes 7 parts (TP, HP, FP, CP, OP, ATP, AHP) since it's a TL120 drone. As this is dropping to TL115, it is believed the AHP will no longer be needed. This is based on the rebalance of Melee weapons in NC1 where several weapons increased in TL and needed an extra part to construct them.

The Items DB http://www.techhaven.org/db/

This is the hard bit, First of all I need to update the code to deal with real numbers, as implants have bonus values of 1.57 instead of values like 1. That will be the first coding job I'll do. Then, depending on time I'll add an option to put the old NC2.1 items into an archive. The focus of the 1.2 Items DB release will be to get the bare minimum working for evo 2.2

The archive won't be fully accessible to begin with until at least Version 1.3

Also I'll be asking for a few people to help to visit some vendors I don't have access to. This includes the following FSM's BT,PP,CM,BD and some smugglers. If anyone has some time and would like to help, please send me a PM.

Amour

Now any eagle eyed visitors to the THN will have spotted I've moved some of the armour items about ready for 2.2. What I'll be asking for is to people to submit to this thread new and changes armour items. Please include, the TL, weight Requirements and Armour modifiers. If possible please include the parts list.

Nanites

This may need some new code and tables to cope with the values of the nanites themselves. The tools will be added, but the nanite packs I've yet to decide on.

Implants

KK are working on a new implant system, it's suspected this will need to be re-done after 2.2 goes live. I'll decide what updates I'll be accepting once 2.2 Evo day comes!

Rambus
07-03-07, 17:59
You win at life Brammers,
Keep up the good work- your site rocks :)

Xeno LARD
07-03-07, 18:02
Ok nice.

If you need any php coding ideas or whatever pm me. Why not duplicate the code and db tables and have an NC2.1 and an NC2.2 rares db?

Brammers
07-03-07, 18:09
Ok nice.

If you need any php coding ideas or whatever pm me. Why not duplicate the code and db tables and have an NC2.1 and an NC2.2 rares db?

That can be done, but I'm not seeing why you want to duplicate the rares DB for 2.2, as there isn't a item wipe. :confused:

Edit: Or are you talking about the Item DB, which I can duplicate the website and DB. I'll consider this when I'm doing the code updates.

Xeno LARD
07-03-07, 18:28
That can be done, but I'm not seeing why you want to duplicate the rares DB for 2.2, as there isn't a item wipe. :confused:

Edit: Or are you talking about the Item DB, which I can duplicate the website and DB. I'll consider this when I'm doing the code updates.

Yeah, shit sorry. Item DB.

silent000
07-03-07, 18:31
Nice one boyo!

Brammers
10-03-07, 20:00
A little update...

First of all, today's coding update nearly didn't happen when my mouse packed up last night. Got a new Logitec MX - very nice nice mouse. :)

I've completed the changes to the database and code to accept non integer values for modifiers on items. (That now live on the THN as version 1.2.0) I did also manage to implement the changes needed to copy an item and mark the old one as a legacy 2.1 item. Need to do a few more code bits, then I'll be letting that code loose on the THN tomorrow, ready for 2.2

But first I need to beat TFC at the drinking games tonight! :D

Mal
11-03-07, 02:31
There's only one thing can be said about your efforts Brammers.

SEX

Keep up the good work mate!

Brammers
13-03-07, 02:14
Rares DB update.

I've updated the current rares DB with the changes to the rare pool of existing parts - see http://rares.techhaven.org/list.php for the latest rare pool list.

3 rares have been milky-renned - ie they have been removed from the game.

Crahn Catharsis
Crahn Holy True Sight Sanctum
Crahn Holy Catharsis

4 Rares have changed name and in some cases, their purpose

Unprotector (Was:Crahn Antibuff) - Also no longer needs the ATP
Distance Projector (Was:SA)
Perforator (Was:Electric Tempest)
Holy Frostration (Was:Holy Paralysis)

Also as expected the Raptor no longer needs the AHP part to construct one.

Fow now I've moved any milky-ren'ed parts and unused parts to a new suitable catergory. At some point I will wipe these useless parts from the Rares DB.

Edit: Any new rare parts, please report the part name and part type (Ie Tech, Core, Comp, Frame and Hull, ATP) As soon as I hear anything I'll add them to the rare DB.

Dogface
13-03-07, 03:13
I'm pretty sure Antishield has been removed too, as it's no longer in my gogu :(

Brammers
13-03-07, 17:10
3 rares have been milky-renned - ie they have been removed from the game.

Crahn Catharsis
Crahn Holy True Sight Sanctum
Crahn Holy Catharsis

This is no longer the case.

In the light of this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138534), it looks like these parts were not supposed to be turned into high grade milk choc bars.

I'm still not clear about the Crahn Catharsis (Hopefully I can get an answer from KK on that one) but those items are now moved back to the PPU group.

@Dogface - Antishield was not a rare in 2.1 - but considering some items have got mixed up, I would sugguest raising it as a bug.

Hell-demon
13-03-07, 17:53
Brammers ya forgot the new melee rare

Brammers
13-03-07, 18:16
Brammers ya forgot the new melee rare

Which one? Give me the name of it, it's TL and I'll add it.

Brammers
09-04-07, 15:35
*Cough* bump *Cough*

Rares DB

Right the Rares DB updates are done. I think all the Anti-protector confusion is sorted out as well.

A couple of people keep saying there is a ATP for the Crahn Anti-protector. It may be still dropping, and it shouldn't, as it's a TL84 item. If anyone builds them, you should find the ATP gets thrown out.

Item DB

Now the item DB is in progress of being updated. What I will not be doing is updating the parts list, since this needs a researcher, time and a lot of cash, so feel free to submit corrections to

Sections Done.

Drones (Missing the Punisher and Mosquito)
Hacknet Software (All done - thanks for Cmaster for his raid on the Phoenix NC DB)
Bone Implants
Tradeskill Gloves and PSI Gloves (Need stats on the CAG2 Please)
Vehicles - 90% Done
Stealth and Hack tools

Sections currently in Progress

Anything that is being updated is currently hidden - so it can track what needs to be found and checked. When each item is checked, a copy is made of the item and put into a old legacy group.

All Rifles
All Pistols
All Melee
All Heavy Weapons

This page here (http://www.techhaven.org/thn/items-db/item-db-updates.html) will list the current upto date progress.

Judge
09-04-07, 15:54
CAG2 (TL 48)

Psi: 48

Psi Abilities Level: +1
Psychic Power: +1.93
Psi Use: +5.81
Focusing: +9.68
Endurance: -3.19
Resist Psi: -3.19

Good job dude. :)

Brammers
09-04-07, 20:42
Thanks for that - That the CAG2 updated.

I'm still working thru the rifles, pistols, heavy weapons and melee weapons atm. I'm about half way thruough, just need to track down the smugglers.

Kalonji Faya
10-04-07, 17:31
Crahn Gaia glove seems to have wrong values ... I cant remember the bonus it gives but on you're db there's only psu ...

nice work !!

Dribble Joy
10-04-07, 20:07
Judge - Rare plasma pistol:

Tech-Level: 100
Requirements: Dex 100, PC 115, TC 83
Clip Size: 20
Burst Type: Two round burst
Base Damage Type: Energy
Supported additional ammo types: Nova (force), Radioactive (x-ray), Heat-Compressed (fire)
Other availiable mods: Laser-pointer, Flash-light
Weight: 2.15

Brammers
10-04-07, 21:30
Crahn Gaia glove seems to have wrong values ... I cant remember the bonus it gives but on you're db there's only psu ...

nice work !!

Thanks!

Yeah I put in PSU twice by accident, and missed out PSI. http://www.techhaven.org/db/implants/gloves/combat But the Gaya glove is a bit crap atm compared with a CAG3 glove, and I think it's on KK's 'To fix" list.

@ DJ - You Judge has been put back in - and here is a special item for you ;)
http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/678.html

Bozz-Von Mel
11-04-07, 04:24
crahn antiprotector has an ATP.(i have one)...the rares db does not show it.

Brammers
11-04-07, 10:28
crahn antiprotector has an ATP.(i have one)...the rares db does not show it.

You don't need them. The crahn antiprotector is a TL84 item anything below about TL100 is a 5 part rare. If you was to build a crahn antiprotector with the ATP, you will find the processor chucks out the part.

The ATP's come from NC2.1 as the Crahn Antibuff was a higher TL then, or the part is still dropping for some reason. If you are pretty sure you got that part in NC2.2, I would sugguest you file a bug report.

Also I would recommend you keep the spare parts somewhere seperate, just in case KK have made a mistake somewhere, and that you do need the ATP part.

Kalonji Faya
11-04-07, 14:12
Thanks!

Yeah I put in PSU twice by accident, and missed out PSI. http://www.techhaven.org/db/implants/gloves/combat But the Gaya glove is a bit crap atm compared with a CAG3 glove, and I think it's on KK's 'To fix" list.

@ DJ - You Judge has been put back in - and here is a special item for you ;)
http://www.techhaven.org/db/item/678.html

Hope they'll boost gaia glove stats as the crahn epic is one of the worst epic imo

good job brammers very useful ressource site !!
if help needed dont hesitate to pm ^^

Brammers
23-04-07, 12:08
The Item DB can be found at http://www.techhaven.org/db

Updates for 2.2

The main weapon categories have been done, except PSI. There are a few items still missing,

The APU stuff is nearly 90% complete, then there is the 100+ PPU spells to do. Fortunatly, at least the spells are all sold in 2 areas in DoY.

Also a lot of the part listings for APU spells have been dropped, due to the fact the APU spells had changed considerable in TL or it had NC1 parts lists.

Work has already started on the implants so over the next week I hope to have this section done soon.

New version of the Item DB - version 1.3.0

Some of you may had noticed an update to the Item DB yesterday. There is a lot of behind the scenes code changes to allow plugins and interfaces to external sources.

One of the new features is the search function

In the next release, you will be able to use a ingame command with the Ultimate Laucher to search the Item DB and return results ingame!

Anyway, here's the new feature list.

- New quick search for the Item DB - The results may not be perfect, but the search index may be tweaked over the next few releases to imrpove the results.
- Added new catergories - Faction Supply Manager items and Faction Database items.
- Duration information displayed for items like drugs and stealth tools
- No of Passengers shown on vehicle listings
- Recycle status icon, to flag an item is made by recycling.
- Hacknet drop icon added.
- Added Phoenix NC hacknet database.
- Tweaked FSM icon description for items available from all factions.
- Legacy groups are no longer listed on the drop down menu.

Missing Items

The following we have no information on, as we can't find them, don't have them, or don't have access to them.

If anyone wants to submit stats for any of the following items, feel free.

Please at least submit the following information.

1. Item TL
2. Item Weight
3. Requirements for the item
4. Parts listing if possible.
5. Any other information

Beggar Nailgun
Mendicant SMG
F12 Flamer
Gatlin Cannon
Anti Vehicle Rocket Launcher
Judgement Day Launcher (Updated)
Advanced Anti Vehicle Rocket Launcher
Zsusun
Hurler King Knuckles
Prototype Tangent-Laserbeam (Updated)
Advanced Anti Air Rocket Launcher
Special Raygun Cannon
Beggar Electroshocker
Energy Soulblade
Crescent Tabs
Tiger Blood

H00ver
23-04-07, 12:21
Brammers.. your PM Box is full ;)

Hard work to keep up-to-date with this ItemDB =)

btw: Screens of the iG THN ItemDB:

http://news.ultimate-gaming.eu/pics/thnitem.jpg

naimex
23-04-07, 12:24

is that command active in the unex now? or we have to wait for next update?

Edit:

Brammers, there is ap roblem with it.

Try searching for "Ion" or "ion", i get 0 results.

If i try "Ionic" or "ionic", i get rifle and cannon.

If i try "Shotgun" i get them all, well all taht you have anyways.

Doesn't seem to exist "ionic shotgun pistol" but the "ionic shotgun pistol bp" is there. i assume you just dont have the info on the pistol yet.

[F6]Knight
23-04-07, 12:27
brammers, you mentioned you tracked down most of the smugglers to get a lot of weapon info
are there any plans to make a 'vendor/smuggler' database?
well ...vendor database aint really nessecary but a smuggler database would probably help a lot of ppl

Brammers
23-04-07, 12:27

Inbox cleared!

Ahh sweet! I'm going to be tweaking the output to match your new format spec in the next release.

Had a few PM's from people asking how they want the items submitted. The best place is to submit them here, so other people can see what has been done, and what needs doing.

H00ver
23-04-07, 12:36
This command is available in the next Update (1038).

All Beta Testers, Developer etc. could get "DEV-Releases" of the Launcher in the uneX Board. "DEV-Releases" are prereleases / unpublished releases of our Software.

uneX Board (http://forum.ultimate-gaming.eu)

Brammers
23-04-07, 12:40
is that command active in the unex now? or we have to wait for next update?

I'll let H00ver answer that one. (Edit: See his reply above)

Edit:

Brammers, there is ap roblem with it.

Try searching for "Ion" or "ion", i get 0 results.

If i try "Ionic" or "ionic", i get rifle and cannon.

If i try "Shotgun" i get them all, well all taht you have anyways.

Doesn't seem to exist "ionic shotgun pistol" but the "ionic shotgun pistol bp" is there. i assume you just dont have the info on the pistol yet.

Just rebuilt the search DB, so ionic shotgun pistol should come up now.

I'll admit the search isn't perfect, for a start the search index ignores 3 or less letter words, but I need some real useage data to get an ideal how good the search is.

If you find any queries that don't work or look odd, post them here.

Brammers
23-04-07, 12:53
Knight']brammers, you mentioned you tracked down most of the smugglers to get a lot of weapon info
are there any plans to make a 'vendor/smuggler' database?
well ...vendor database aint really nessecary but a smuggler database would probably help a lot of ppl

There are plans for that, but that would be planned for either version 1.4 or 1.5

There are 2 other projects planned for the THN before then.

1st project is updating the style of the mission guides with a new template.
2nd project is updating the Rares DB with a bunch of new features.

P.S. No ETA for either project atm, I'll just say "soon"

R3N3GADE
26-04-07, 15:55
site is looking very nice dude... thanks for using your time to bring nc a great webby.

Matanius
27-04-07, 21:50
First off, THN is a fooking amazing site which has been my friend since I started (admittedly only 3 months ago) and will continue to be for a long time yet.

Thank you and well done.

Just wanted to say that as I haven't had a chance yet :P

My question is, why does the brain implants page (now 2.2, tyvm) only show imps from TL81?

Brammers
28-04-07, 04:55
First off, THN is a fooking amazing site which has been my friend since I started (admittedly only 3 months ago) and will continue to be for a long time yet.

Thank you and well done.

Just wanted to say that as I haven't had a chance yet :P

My question is, why does the brain implants page (now 2.2, tyvm) only show imps from TL81?

Thanks!

The brain implants are still being updated, most of the rare ones have been done. The lower TL implants will show up over the next week or so.

Matanius
28-04-07, 10:30
Aahhhh...OK, I thought that this might be the case but thought i'd ask anyway.
Cheers

Brammers
29-04-07, 14:20
Items DB 1.3.1 has been released - thanks for those who tested this release, and also thanks to anyone who reported any problems they found with the search.

Searching Improvements

This release fixes some of the issues with 3 letter words that did not return any search data, and it adds extra search terms to the data to return (Hopefully) results that wasn't being returned.

So "ion" now return items with "ion" in them. (1.3.0 failed to return any results)
"woc" returns any items marked as woc.
RG1000 will return the "HEW Advanced Battle Drone RG-1000" (1.3.0 failed to return any results)

Added new column to item data - Short Name. This is for the recognised short name of an item eg - HL = Healing Light, WP8 = Weapon part 8. The short name information is searchable, so you can use HL to find the Healing Light. The DB is in the process of adding the short name to the items that have short name.

Added additional search words column to item data - this will allow us to add or remove additional search words to an item. So for ionic shotgun rifle I can add the word "ion" (Which I've done)

Changed search rank column to an rank icon. The more green the bars are, the chances are this is the item you are searching for.

Ultimate Launcher support

Currently I'm waiting on Hoover to do a few bug fixes to the Ultimate Launcher and release the new version, before this command will be enabled.

The /thnitem command uses the same search engine. It returns the following information in game:-
- Item TL and Name
- Requirements, and item modifiers
- Parts and recycle lists
- Other information about the item

Whats next

Right now, I'm going to concentrate on getting the items DB upto date. I'll let you know what the plans are once this is complete.

Brammers
07-05-07, 17:01
After a couple of weeks of development work by Hoover of the Ultimate Network, and erm...myself on the Tech Haven network, I'm delighted to announce you can search the Items DB ingame if you have the Ultimate Launcher installed.

So if you type in the RPOS window ingame. /thnitem <The item you want to search for> it will return the list of item ingame. Some examples.

/thnitem holy heal

or

/thnitem ion shotgun

You will get a list of results of the items with their requirements, modifers, parts listings and much more.

Item updating.

Still going slowly - Right now, I'm doing all the armour.