PDA

View Full Version : Evo2.2 Cover art

Toxen
05-03-07, 22:14
I just saw this for the first time and yes im moist. Man it looks good now who ever this artist is he/she needs to be commisioned for advertisement artwork they are so damm good

awkward silence
05-03-07, 22:29
Agree... it is absolutely super!

Fega
05-03-07, 22:57
Wheres this cover art?

Hell-demon
05-03-07, 23:01
Yeah, spill the beans. Where is this art of which you speak?

Trivaldi
05-03-07, 23:06
Patch up your Test Server Clients and take a look at the log-in screen :).

Triv

Fega
05-03-07, 23:09
Who did it? Come on, we want a name to thank, because that artwork is briliant

Hell-demon
05-03-07, 23:17
some of us don't have test server accounts :mad:

Post a pic or it didn't happen

Dunkin
05-03-07, 23:21
http://ultimate-hq.info/misc/rofl.jpg

Hell-demon
05-03-07, 23:22
Sexy...

Now draw a drom...

Fega
05-03-07, 23:23
Just as I was going to post it too! Post theft I tell you!

Dogface
05-03-07, 23:24
Fuckin' incredible.

Hell-demon
05-03-07, 23:25
DROMS!

Fega
05-03-07, 23:26
No droms! Wait... on second thoughts, a drom picture would be rather sexy indeed!

Dogface
05-03-07, 23:27
We need character skins made to the theme of that guy.....

NAPPER
05-03-07, 23:28
FIRE APOC FOR ZEE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some delete the log in bit then you have a very sexy desktop tbh

Fega
05-03-07, 23:30
KK could add posters or display boards in game that are drawn really nicely, it would be a very simiple way to add some more depth and color :D

p.s If Psi monks looked that amazing in-game, I'd wet myself

Hell-demon
05-03-07, 23:32
the psi-monks we have look like hippies!

Fega
05-03-07, 23:34
Psi monks currently look like Jawa's from Star Wars! :p

http://www.neocronicle.com/wp-content/PsichoMonke.jpg

and

http://www.starwars.stopklatka.pl/images/jawa.jpg

Dogface
05-03-07, 23:55
Holy shit that can not be a coincidence..

Toxen
06-03-07, 00:15
Holy shit that can not be a coincidence..

Look even the jawa has wavey hands

Judge
06-03-07, 00:26
Fucking hell. That art is even better than the picture of the dude standing in front of NC with the barcode on the back of his head.

This is why I love Cyberpunk. Please release that as a background. Pretty please.

Dogface
06-03-07, 00:27
2 mins.

Dogface
06-03-07, 00:37
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/Steve1821/neocron22.jpg

There ya go.

Mal
06-03-07, 00:57
Those aren't aggies, that's eXL

Apocalypsox
06-03-07, 01:02
holy epic jizzsnorting fuck thats awesome. But you fucks, where the hells the spy with the laser sniper rifle in the background!?! (Would have been cool to see one on a ledge in the background.)

Tubby
06-03-07, 01:04
Sexy TBH, looks like its dippicting the enlightend preacher and aggies, and ofcourse there in plaza cause thats where most of the cellars are. Gratz to whoever drew that.

Fega
06-03-07, 01:06
Looks more like pepper park to me

RogerRamjet
06-03-07, 01:15
It's pictures with scenes such as this that first attracted me to NC, especially the game pic of 2 tanks standing guard outside an OP with a tank.

Then Ramic Hobbs and Arkanis killed an entire cave team (hilarious circumstances too).

NC came in the post 2 days later.

Tubby
06-03-07, 01:15
Well, theres a cityadmin sign and a medicare so...

then again it could be made up of just random snipets of different places.

Toxen
06-03-07, 01:16
Its more like an amalgamation of doy PP, and Plaza background entities are predomently city, city admin, seafood, medicare, ncpd and ncpd drone. Foreground is pepper parkish, tsunami logo and stripper sign. Where as the building style is more doyish rough exposed metal work the more classic post apoch punkish style.

Clive tombstone
06-03-07, 01:25
Damn does that artist have a portfolio website? I really wanna see his other work!

ps- you guys should release a concept art book like the other MMO's man! Major bank there!

Dogface
06-03-07, 01:28
NC skins really need to fit the theme of the game (dark, gritty post-apocalyptic mayhem), I wonder if the person(s) who designed that picture had anything to do with NC2 skins. They couldn't be any more different.

2.3 = skin revamp?

Nidhogg
06-03-07, 01:40
I'll see if I'm allowed to release the artist's name because he's done a fantastic job there. :)

N

Brammers
06-03-07, 02:01
Can this be released as a wallpaper please?

BTW: Heres a 1280x1024 (http://www.techhaven.org/images/evo2.2.jpg) screenshot version.

Also...have to say, it really is one sexy piece of art.

Toxen
06-03-07, 02:22

BTW: Heres a 1280x1024 (http://www.techhaven.org/images/evo2.2.jpg) screenshot version.

Its already available to you as a compressed bmp in your neocron folder though I dunno if kk allows people to access it that way currently Niddy? your words of wisdom please.

But I would like a wallpaper version of this as im wide screen didn't notice the stretch with the previous wallpaper but do with this one

Heavyporker
06-03-07, 03:15
Oh my friggin' Crahn... wtf.

Oh, why the hell did I let my subscription lapse?!

Fuck me...

unreal
06-03-07, 03:21
Now that is one sexy drawing. Whoever did that has skills. :)

Koshinn
06-03-07, 04:06
Bram - Can you get a 1280x1024 without the login menu?

Jodo
06-03-07, 04:52
So I'm guessing that, that particular artwork was the best of the bunch? Were there other, different, pictures that were put forward but didn't quite suit the needs of a login screen? If so, please gimme, gimme, gimme.

Congratulations to the artist and KK for picking a pearl.

Heavyporker
06-03-07, 05:08
Yes, post name and portofolio of artist.

He must be worshipped.

We must pay tribute.

Clive tombstone
06-03-07, 08:16
Damnit I can only hope I can become as good as he is in concept art eventually. Im curious what mediums he used, I mean it could have been photoshop work but Im leaning to painter honestly.

Im really interested in seeing more of this guy(or girls, for the benifit of the doupt, we dont really know) work. If I could be so bold also to give a critique on the work, Id say he did an excellent job, the only "outstanding" things up with it Id say is the fact that he has a lot of great rain, but its "impact" is lacking, meaning lots of rain, hardly any raindrops hitting other stuff. Also the big wall with NC on the upperright hand corner is "good" but thats a lot of negative space, that could have been filled by something. Strangly enough though it fills okay (since the logo is up there).

Still why the heck does no one agree with me on the art book thing? THose things are great merch! Art schools and artists alike love em. I know it may not be the most appropriate time to pitch the idea, but at least someone acknollege the idea please?

Jodo
06-03-07, 10:03
Still why the heck does no one agree with me on the art book thing? THose things are great merch! Art schools and artists alike love em. I know it may not be the most appropriate time to pitch the idea, but at least someone acknollege the idea please?

Yeah an NC artwork collection would be sweet. Especially if it were launched with a competition to win the first copy or something. However, I would say that those books cost a lot to make and have a high retail price. I'm not sure if NC currently has a customer base big enough to see a return on such a project, in fact, I'm almost certain they haven't.

NAPPER
06-03-07, 10:07

Did you mean to put Tech Haven Network in the log in name ????

Brammers
06-03-07, 11:17
Bram - Can you get a 1280x1024 without the login menu?

If I can press print screen quickly, maybe, but unlikely.

Did you mean to put Tech Haven Network in the log in name ????

Call it advertising by stealth! :D

Mal
06-03-07, 11:29

Call it advertising by stealth! :D

Smash: It's a three-pronged attack. Subliminal, liminal, and superliminal.
Lisa: Superliminal?
Smash: I'll show you. Hey, you! Join theNavy!

silent000
06-03-07, 14:15
That made me cream, and yesi m with Hell-Demon, we need some fucking droms!

Mal
06-03-07, 14:32
It's nice and all that, but I much prefer my picture of my rifle PE hunting warbots

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5106/warbotmi5.png

Dogface
06-03-07, 14:42

Take one screenshot of the normal log in screen (with the logon box visible).

Then put it into paint.

Then load NC back up again and click 'enter', while it pauses on 'connecting to server' you take another.

Put this into another paint window.

You then crop the second screenshot in the place where the log on screen used to be (which of course has disappeared when you clicked 'enter').

Copy it and paste it over to the first screenshot and match it up pixel-perfect.

I don't know if you already knew this, but that's how I did it. Took a few minutes.

Nidhogg
06-03-07, 15:28
I don't think I'll be giving too much away by saying that there will be a couple of wallpapers released featuring Mr. X's work (I still don't have confirmation to release a name/nick as yet). There's some more interesting stuff, too. ;)

N

Fega
06-03-07, 15:55
Wooo! More cool art! :D :D

We love Mr. X... reminds me of Metal Gear Solid lol

RogerRamjet
06-03-07, 16:13
Mr. X's

N

Is it RadeonX? :D

Ruoja
06-03-07, 16:13
that pic just gave me the chills :D

<3 Mr. X <3

Skusty
06-03-07, 16:52
Now that is incredible! :D

Jodo
06-03-07, 17:30
I don't think I'll be giving too much away by saying that there will be a couple of wallpapers released featuring Mr. X's work (I still don't have confirmation to release a name/nick as yet). There's some more interesting stuff, too. ;)

N

Sweet, thats what I was hoping for. If you can't reveal the artists identity for whatever strange reason, at least direct him/her to this thread so they know we appreciate the work. :)

Setlec
06-03-07, 17:43
This login screen is wonderful really :cool: ... I hope that artist will make new skins for NC 2.2 or 2.3... He deserves to make them :angel: ...

Well done dude. :lol:

Skusty
06-03-07, 17:44
...to prove that we don't want to kill him. ;)

Doc Holliday
06-03-07, 18:00
Is it RadeonX? :D

LMFAO.

I doubt it roger i really do. he isnt that talented at anything.

Now. the pic. thats fucking brilliant. Its almost like the monk is saying "This is where i fuck shit up. HARDCORE!"

the pic speaks volumes of the game imho, it really cant hurt at all. Nid. if you cant release the name of the artist at least could u point him to this thread and let him see the comments as this guy deserves credit for this even if you cant officially let him know or we cant officially spam him off the forum.

Its a gorgeous peice which really captures the feel for the game. for the record yes i think its plaza 1.

ashley watts
06-03-07, 18:08
Well that art is friken awsome tbh. Mr X has my sex tbh !

Kierz
06-03-07, 21:54
if only ingame models looked that cool :( we still have the feel tho.. sometimes.. when the le's are sleeping...

Hell-demon
06-03-07, 22:22
Mr X, huh, more like Mr. Sex!

Am I right folks?

heh heh

yeah whatever

Amox
06-03-07, 22:30
as i saw the new cover i was thinking about an old pic from another designer :)

http://www.pixelgod.net/img/gallery/angry_mage.jpg

looks a bit like the new cover monk

ok with a bit imagination ;)

Cerbious
07-03-07, 04:42
amazing i would love to see that person make more nc based pics!!

Apocalypsox
07-03-07, 04:54
Mr X, huh, more like Mr. Sex!

Am I right folks?

heh heh

yeah whatever

Amen my drom loving brotha!

Dezh
07-03-07, 16:19
Cool, nice, über, love it :P

Xeno LARD
07-03-07, 16:35
Amen my drom loving brotha!

AM I RIGHT GUYS?

Yes.

Now we want a drom!

specranator
08-03-07, 02:11
They should change how rares weps for monks are in 2.2

Instead of just a glowing spinning/circling thing make it for fire apoc your hand is on fire like in that new login screen. And holy lightin like that angry mage picture, etc. Would be better.

Clive tombstone
08-03-07, 03:30
It would be nice if they replaced all the "rare" swirlys with rare weapon varients of the models, but I dont see that happening, though I REALLY hope that would happen.

Back on topic, damn tell us the name and portfolio already!

unreal
13-03-07, 05:01
I hope I'm not going to be bashed for posting this, but here's the 1600x1200 version minus the login box. To avoid distorting peoples screen width I'll only add it as an attachment. I was going to attach it in PNG format but it would be fairly big, so instead I'll upload it in an optimized JPG format with the best quailty settings, which is just under half the size, with barely any difference in quailty.

Feel free to remove it if need be, Nidhogg. But again, whoever created this should be given a day off to hump some hoes in Pepper Park. ;)

Jodo
13-03-07, 08:35
...whoever created this should be given a day off to hump some hoes in Pepper Park. ;)

Speaking of which, is there any news on the name of the artist being released yet?

carbonkink
13-03-07, 23:12
I was actually very impressed by the new cover art. If kk can pull more artwork like this and advertise, I am pretty sure we can attract more players. Art like this really catches my eye.

I in the other hand, am a painter. The new cover art inspires me alot to do some neocron fan art. I'll see if I can whip some speed paints in which im more comfortable with. Any ideas from anyone, what they would like to see, let me know. :P

I would like to see more of mr. X's work though, he has an amazing brush work flow to his painting. Pats mr. X's back. Keep it up.

Jodo
16-03-07, 15:25
Are we allowed to know the artists name yet? I can't believe it takes this long to get permission (or a denial) to post someones name in the forum. :confused:

carbonkink
16-03-07, 15:33
yeah, i'm still waiting for a name/denial.

Jodo
16-03-07, 15:56
yeah, i'm still waiting for a name/denial.

It'd annoy me a little if they announced that the artists name cannot be released but we'd have an answer and that would satisfy me enough.

Nidhogg
16-03-07, 16:15
Are we allowed to know the artists name yet? I can't believe it takes this long to get permission (or a denial) to post someones name in the forum. :confused:
It's just slipped through the cracks because of all the other work going around. I'm afraid I can't release a name, but Mr. X, heckuva job!

N

Clive tombstone
16-03-07, 16:31
awww, why not? Jeez even I know the lead artists of other MMO's and we cant hear about Mr.X? thats kinda sad. Any reason why, or does he just not want to be known? Seems counter-productive

Jodo
16-03-07, 17:07
It's just slipped through the cracks because of all the other work going around. I'm afraid I can't release a name, but Mr. X, heckuva job!

N

Ok, fair enough I suppose. :(