PDA

View Full Version : A Request for Sanity

Snedex
04-03-07, 07:53
In regards to the evo 2.2 release I would like to urge kk for some sensible means of easing the community into this next addon. ( Even tho the release has been fast tracked, but we wont go into my gripes about that as i have been constructive and have tested on the test server before anyone says anything else)

What needed to be done in my opinion is:

Compile a document will at the changes made, break it up into items sub categories, not sporadic threads on the forums ( a reference for us olde 2.1 people ;) ie soft caps, what items are what, whats new, how skill points have changed in reference to cap resists or capping a weapon. )
provide proper support when 2.2 goes live and not a session where we have 15-30 runners all harrasing one kk_gm to swap items, fix bugs or dance around in a babesuit as this is infuriating for a) the player and b) the gm
in the free gametime month listen to what the community says, apply maybe hotfixes (if needes be as long as no bugs come of this) or keep quan and use it as the test server so that tweaking and refinement of 2.2 can take place whilst the real testing is going on.
Maintain the test server for testing new ideas suggested before being patched to retail and not just a one off when its decided for the next neocron 2.x and keep it constantly in development so we can perhaps shape neocron to a game we all enjoy.
This is just an open request for sanity for the transition period. (If anyone will take notice is another matter but still im voicing my opinions) Facing the typical "we don't care, we are the law" approach wont maintain a happy customer base for long, show that you care ( at least for once ) and have the gms be a bit more active in the community rather than having pre scripted responses to any query because in the end these people represent the company and yet still the same approach is implied.
requesting sanity please

(Note: This is not a dig at any particular people, gms or kk as an entity itself. The reakktor employees ask for our opinions, these are mine)

Glok
04-03-07, 09:47
I miss NC1 beta... no manual, no one knew anything about anything, and few things worked as stated. But there were 700 ppl on the server lots of times (sure.. it was free..)

A list of changes is nice and all, lifewaster made a pretty good one, but we don't need this pecentage-per-point stuff, like for resists... neoskiller etc made us lazy (yeah me too.. :rolleyes: )

Also 2.2 itself is proof that KK do listen..

Maybe play it with a new perspective and just try to enjoy the game again instead of fussing over 2 points in con?

Koshinn
04-03-07, 10:42
Maybe play it with a new perspective and just try to enjoy the game again instead of fussing over 2 points in con?

I think that's his point exactly.

2 points in con might not be a lot in 2.1, but what if in 2.2 it's the difference between 500 and 600 hp? Or like 80% to 87%?

Those that aren't on the test server or haven't been reading the 2.2 forum don't know what's going on and what changed. Do you think someone wants to go into what is basically an entirely new game and spend their entire free 30 days experimenting with setups / relearning the game rather than enjoying it?

awkward silence
04-03-07, 10:48
Also 2.2 itself is proof that KK do listen..

KK does listen. They are doing the imps ala drible. They did nerf imp maluses to be bearable. They are making an effort eventhough they are cockups from time to time. They did make vechicle and PVE slightly better etc...

They also did listen to us when we pleaded for 2.2 to be postponed...they just didn't agree. Ill treat my free month as a beta. Ill pay it and when my freetime runs out and im still not happy i will probably not sign up until i feel its "ready-ish".

Point is if you think KK doesn't listen yer either lazy or illiterate. They've replied to most type of rant threads about once per thread.

Not being a fanboy but that comment in a fairly good post was dumb.

Nidhogg
04-03-07, 17:08
Yes we are in the process of compiling a FAQ to explain the changes in NC2.2. Yes we will pay close attention to the community after we go live and will continue to fine tune where necessary. I'm not sure what is to happen to the test server at this time so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

N

Marx
04-03-07, 19:17
Yes we are in the process of compiling a FAQ to explain the changes in NC2.2. Yes we will pay close attention to the community after we go live and will continue to fine tune where necessary. I'm not sure what is to happen to the test server at this time so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Yeah, but seeing as alot of the advertised changes had been asked for since beta - how soon would we see that fine tunage?

Lunascape
04-03-07, 19:34

Amen to that. :rolleyes: :angel: :lol: