PDA

View Full Version : NC2.2 Conversions

Toxen
03-03-07, 16:52
Just wondered if anyone is or has a conversion chart for what implants prior to nc2.2 equal to those post 2.2 as I just saw my existing setup ported onto 2.2 is basicly useless to the point of not been able to wear the PA anymore. (moveon loosing its str bonus) so help

Dogface
03-03-07, 17:31
Implants are getting changed again, so there's no point.

Toxen
03-03-07, 18:24
Implants are getting changed again, so there's no point.

There changing again with less than a week to going live?

Faid
03-03-07, 18:55
There changing again with less than a week to going live?
lol you seem surprised, they're also going to change again after 2.2 goes live because IT'S NOT DONE BEING TESTED YET!

braydagner
03-03-07, 18:57
Faid. Shut up. Come play CS:S, nib.

Seraphin[69]
03-03-07, 19:24
I wonder how people will be surprised to see that implants don't give +3 strenght, +18 heavy combat +10 weapon lore but +2.98 STR, +17.71 HC +9.01 WEP

I can't restrain myself from laughing ^^

braydagner
03-03-07, 20:25
Do those numbers even round up?? Or down?? Or are they just useless like the rest of 2.2?

Nidhogg
03-03-07, 21:47
Down, after summation. And any more trolling will get this thread closed.

N

nobby
03-03-07, 21:49
They round down ?

What the hell is the point of that then ?

Dogface
03-03-07, 22:34
Closer to the lower whole number. Think about it nobby.

nobby
03-03-07, 22:39
Well it's shit !

if my implant said 2.98
I'd want it to round up to 3 !

Dogface
03-03-07, 22:45
What isn't fair is that you're getting entire levels for (e.g) dex that you don't actually have.

a4nic8er
03-03-07, 22:49
I believe it adds all the effects then rounds down.

So, if you have 3 imps;
A @ Dex + 2.78
B @ Dex + 3.16
C @ Dex + 1.24
Total = +7.18 rounded down to +7 (so bad luck if you end up with x.98).

I am curious what happens with negatives (i.e. if the above numbers were for -Ath would it round down to -8)

Dogface
03-03-07, 22:57
Kind of obvious really, otherwise there wouldn't be any point in the decimal places.

braydagner
04-03-07, 00:01
There ISN'T any point to this decimal system... not that I can see, anyways. Maybe just one of those other ways to nerf PEs?

nobby
04-03-07, 00:13
I believe the decimal system will hurt noob's eyes...

Nidhogg
04-03-07, 00:31
Think of it like this, Nobby. You go to the bar to buy a pint, well, you don't because you're not old enough, but you get the idea. :p You go to the bar to buy a pint and the nice barmaid tells you it's £2.50, but, SHOCK!, you only have £2.40 in your pocket! You're not getting that pint are you? No, you're going back empty handed and that barmaid is pouring it down the drain while you walk away.

It's sad I know, but fair.

N

mehirc
04-03-07, 00:43
It feels more like, you win £2.90 but only receive £2.00. Thats not fair. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
04-03-07, 00:48
It feels more like, you win £2.90 but only receive £2.00. Thats not fair. :rolleyes:
If you don't quite reach a level, you've not reached the level so why should you get the benefit? If you're not quite 18 then you can't legally go in a pub. If you're not quite "this high" then you don't go on the scary ride. If you're not quite close enough to the telephone exchange then you're not getting ADSL. You get the idea.

N

silent000
04-03-07, 00:51
Think of it like this, Nobby. You go to the bar to buy a pint, well, you don't because you're not old enough, but you get the idea. :p You go to the bar to buy a pint and the nice barmaid tells you it's £2.50, but, SHOCK!, you only have £2.40 in your pocket! You're not getting that pint are you? No, you're going back empty handed and that barmaid is pouring it down the drain while you walk away.

It's sad I know, but fair.

N

Cmon guys we need more subscribers look what your doing to poor Niddy! :(

Dogface
04-03-07, 00:56
There ISN'T any point to this decimal system... not that I can see, anyways. Maybe just one of those other ways to nerf PEs?

This isn't a nerf at all, how is giving +13 mainskill for the price of +10 a nerf? Besides, PEs weren't exactly balanced in 2.1..

nobby
04-03-07, 00:59

exactly what I'm saying

awkward silence
04-03-07, 01:02
Like with my CCCwhateverP (PC SA), i like used to like get like a round 5 dex like in the beginning of test. Now i like get 5+ dex.

Overall ive gained a total 2 dex from decimals. Decimals are GOOD! Anyone disagreeing can kiss my hairy...

Or infact learn basic math. Like lets say like all imps where like 1 in the beginning. Ok then they introduced decimals... then like most like imps where 1+

Ok like 1+1+1 is like = 3 ok?

Like then like you had imps like 1.32+1.50+1.25 thats like = 4.07 LIKE 4 DEX !!!

STFU n00bs

Dogface
04-03-07, 01:05
It's completely relevant nobby. How can you not see it?

That's not quite right, you still receive (for example) 7.18 dex, it's just that .18 can't get you anything until it becomes 1.00. Just like that £2.90 can't get you £3 until it actually becomes £3.

braydagner
04-03-07, 01:06
Nid, we get the idea. And I know that all of the changes are making this game more fair (in a way) but in the same way as even the reload system being changed, its making it less fun. Theres more to pay attention to than just fighting and role play now. You have to follow a lot more info and buy a lot more items.

And now again, like we saw with the xbow, we're seeing it with PPUs - Its what you have, not how good you are. The rare spells... a while back I said they'd be cool, but now the heal lasts a minute which is understandable because now the PPU has other things to do, like antibuff. Personally, I did play test server, and I didn't like it. I might try retail, not likely.

There have been many threads started by the community saying 'we don't think its time.' So I have a question, and this is a serious question, is KK answering to a specific person/board that WANTS this stuff in place? Or did they really take the time to listen to the community and found this to be what they collectively wanted?

mehirc
04-03-07, 01:09
Sure, I get the idea, I just don't like it. I guess like people don't like not beeing able to get into a pub if they are nearly 18. ;)

If I know I am 0.08 point away from the next point (e.g. the imp glove), i simply don't like to know that I have to spend one full skill point to reach it. It's more a psychological thing, if I wouldn't know it I wouldn't care.

But yes, there are worse things to care about. :p

Doc Holliday
04-03-07, 06:44

Following the pub analogy you could say that the glass is either half empty or half full ^^

Koshinn
04-03-07, 10:38
Following the pub analogy you could say that the glass is either half empty or half full ^^

You always round down, so it's half empty. :o

Nidhogg
04-03-07, 15:56
Think of it this way then. Before, when you bought two rounds of a pint and a half you just got two pints, but now you get three, and one of them had better be for me!

N

nobby
04-03-07, 16:06
that....that.... eh ?

If you buy a pint + half x2

It would still equal 3 pints...
why would you only get 2 ?

Nidhogg
04-03-07, 17:07
Because before there were no half measures so you just got the two full pints. Now the two halfs are taken into account and you end up with a third.

N

mehirc
04-03-07, 17:09
Think of it this way then. Before, when you bought two rounds of a pint and a half you just got two pints, but now you get three, and one of them had better be for me!

N

So you mean on retail there are already hidden values and if you e.g. took two imps with +2(.6) and +2(.6) you got only +4, but with evo2.2 you now get +5?

Sure, that sounds positive, but what we don't know ,we don't care about, but what we know, we care about things we don't have and we don't have anything off 0,92 points if we see 13,92, and unfortunately we cannot skill 0,08 points. ;)

Maybe it's also the fact that alot of values are already lowered with evo2.2 what gives us the impression that we loose even more in comparison to evo2.1.

Dogface
04-03-07, 17:47
I really don't know what people are getting this confused/worked up over :confused:

nobby
04-03-07, 17:49
because I feel we're losing out on certain things !

silent000
04-03-07, 17:51
Wudnt it just be easier to do whole numbers anyway lol...

Its like the 24Hr Clock, it rele pisses me off how people seem to think its better, With a 12 hour clock you can look at your watch and tell the time straight off, but with the 24hr clock you have to do some un-nessicary maths and think about it.

Dunno what that had to do with it, but i love to rant :angel:

Dogface
04-03-07, 17:52
Losing out on what exactly? Sure you might not be getting as much mainskill as easily as 2.1, it's just an alternative system. The end result stays the same (getting a high mainskill), the means of getting there is just different.

Burgeri
04-03-07, 18:30
Its like the 24Hr Clock, it rele pisses me off how people seem to think its better, With a 12 hour clock you can look at your watch and tell the time straight off, but with the 24hr clock you have to do some un-nessicary maths and think about it.

I think it is the other way around. :lol:

Anyway, simpler is better. Maybe KK played too much EVE Online and fell in love with the micromanaging of ship setups. :rolleyes:

Lunascape
04-03-07, 19:49
I kinda like it, I don't mind most of what I've seen so far in changes, the only thing I'd like to see changed in 2.2 is to EITHER remove the penalties from Ceres Power Armor, OR give it some kind of bonus (Besides just looking fekkin' cool xD). I mean, granted, the fact that it looks awesome is a nice incentive but between that and the fact that it's just one of the hardest (and last) things to work for, there's not much incentive to it in the end. Maybe that's enough for now, but as time wears on... yeah. xD

</2cents>

Faid
04-03-07, 21:20
A tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to see it (except Nidhog but he's invisible), does the 2.2 decimall system make sense to you :p

nobby
04-03-07, 22:15
OOoooo I see now ! :p

kb244
06-03-07, 23:39
A tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to see it (except Nidhog but he's invisible), does the 2.2 decimall system make sense to you :p

Wait? Wouldn't that mean we're not really upgrading at all, but rather we're going back to the old version.

Ie:.... Neocron 2.2 -> rounds down to 2.0 based on 2.2's decimal rule

Don't Hurt me I'm sweet and Innocent. :angel:

braydagner
07-03-07, 00:27
KB... don't get our hopes up...