PDA

View Full Version : Comin' bak for 2.2, need advice.

Rogue Arson
02-03-07, 09:44
I been holdin' back reactivating for the 2.2 release, so I'm kinda hopin' some ppl from test will give me a lil advice about some of the setup changes... particularly for rifle spies. I'm really lookin' forward to get Stalker rollin' again, but I would greatly appreciate a heads up about implant changes and res setups that changed for 2.2.

tanx in advance.

ashley watts
02-03-07, 21:20
Don't reactivate for 2.2, everythings bad atm, give the test server a run through but i can garuntee you wont like it at all.

Mighty Max
02-03-07, 21:30
Don't listen to the above.

I would have loved some weeks more too, mut tbh im also eager to find out how this works out on retail. We could do the evo2.2 for another 6 months and would still feel to need a few more months.

Pps are given a month to test evo2.2, so take this opportunity rather getting told what to think in 10secs.

Don't reactivate, get what is offered: a free (re)trial.

ashley watts
02-03-07, 21:34
Don't listen to the above.

I would have loved some weeks more too, mut tbh im also eager to find out how this works out on retail. We could do the evo2.2 for another 6 months and would still feel to need a few more months.

Pps are given a month to test evo2.2, so take this opportunity rather getting told what to think in 10secs.

Don't reactivate, get what is offered: a free (re)trial.

, What im saying is it's suppost to be realeased in 5 days , hardly a month eh , so reality is this guy want's to know in 10 seconds.

Mighty Max
02-03-07, 21:36
Erm no

Its 1 Month + 5 days until he has to decide to reactivate.

Nidhogg
02-03-07, 21:41
Hey, you don't have to make use of the free time if you don't want to. Feel free to resubscribe now. ;)

N

silent000
02-03-07, 22:17
No Niddy you just spend the money on caffine to keep youself awake while watching the forums constantly

[TgR]KILLER
02-03-07, 22:32
you could read nids post as "reactive now so i can get my paycheck from feb"

:P

but no as said i would use the free month to test all stuff and then decide for yourself what to do. din't really like test server to much.. we'll see how it works in retail when everybody HAS to be over..

Nidhogg
02-03-07, 23:27
KILLER']you could read nids post as "reactive now so i can get my paycheck from feb"
Or it could be, you know, a joke.

N

Rambus
03-03-07, 00:29
What are the server populations like?
I heard 15% at peak- how many people is that?

Kierz
03-03-07, 01:08
1% = 10 ppl, but that's populations on terra, the population on QUAN (2.2) is usually 0% sometimes 1%... shows how popular it is (no it being a test server isn't an excuse, i was going to move till i saw what a joke it was =[)

$ir Mafia
03-03-07, 01:10
@Nid
A book can also be ....a hat

Pops on terra are from 11%-16% i think

Skusty
03-03-07, 01:11

N
Or just the plain truth. ;)

Nidhogg
03-03-07, 01:12
@Nid
A book can also be ....a hat
Family Guy FTW!

N

Skusty
03-03-07, 01:15
Omg, Nidd watches TV. o_O

silent000
03-03-07, 01:25
He has a life :eek:

Faid
03-03-07, 02:33

N
lol I don't think KK joke about with this getting a free month thing, least thats what I've heard ;)

a4nic8er
03-03-07, 03:53
Germans' are famous for their sense of humour. :lol:

Apocalypsox
03-03-07, 03:55
Family Guy FTW!

N

Niddy, that is the most UN RESTRAINED THING I HAVE EVER HEARD YOU SAY ON THESE FORUMS! YEAH! :D :D :D

Dogface
03-03-07, 05:50
No Niddy you just spend the money on caffine to keep youself awake while watching the forums constantly

Machines do not need substances such as caffeine.

Rogue Arson
03-03-07, 07:05
Ok... page 2, no pertinant info... and Niddy... shame on you. Get on topic you nub!

seriously... I am gonna take the 30, then reactivate more than likely. I need info about new imps, and res setups. Help me Ob.... errr... test server players... you're my only hope.

Lifewaster
03-03-07, 07:53
Rifle spies are possibly the strongest solo pvp class in 2.2 ^^

Your dmg output is about as good as anyone elses , while you have range , and stealth to fall back on. Nanites are effective also, but not essential for a sniper.

####

The big impact is ppl now heal a lot slower , and shield less , meaning that a ppu isnt going to keep someone alive indefinitely, but rather they help them stay alive just long enough to drop the other guy first... but when the other guy is miles away with a SH , and can stealth , then you can see how this is going to end most of the time:p

jini
03-03-07, 08:14
Chirst... so much hate... Guys, he asks you for setups and you telling him not to reactivate. Not only that but you also attack Nid with poor and low comments of how he is getting paid!!. That IS low.

Anyway on topic, here are some advise, which is good for ALL not only you mate:

1. you will enjoy the spy class, love tanks, PEs a bit useless without a crossbow unless something soon change. Forget about monks as it is now, unless something big changes again

2. You need to mix and match armor, so that you get equal resists in ALL resist types. For example they have made series of armor that protects different damage types. You are searching for the one that will yield the best in all types.

3. You pick the weapon that you love, reach its requirements, if its rifles DEX comes first. Once reached dex level you use resist implants to help con. Weapons cap DMG @ 150% now. So if you reach anything from 120% and up you are fine, sometimes maybe less is ok. There are again different caps for weapons, there is an issue for HL (40rpm) and a smaller one for crossbow (60, or 64)

4. Drugs give unavoidable drugflash now and are essential for setups. I am still using 2 drugs and get horrible drugflash, but I need to respec after last patch.

5. Dont forget to check about nanites, and that tank healing tool (nanite)

I might throw some setups later, in this thread. BTW I managed to make my pistollero spy get 100ish+ resists in all damage types except poison, which still has 70 in there! But I suspect, after recent changes in implants and PAs I might be able to do the same thing on rifle spy.

CMaster
03-03-07, 16:28
3. You pick the weapon that you love, reach its requirements, if its rifles DEX comes first. Once reached dex level you use resist implants to help con. Weapons cap DMG @ 150% now. So if you reach anything from 120% and up you are fine, sometimes maybe less is ok. There are again different caps for weapons, there is an issue for HL (40rpm) and a smaller one for crossbow (60, or 64)

Thats not really true. Some weapons are a lot more effective that others at the moment. See FL vs Dissy, Judge vs well, any other pistol, etc. And there is no damage cap - I've got over 150% before - its just that its not worth the skill investment. And there is obviously a finite limit to just how many points you can spec, but that isn't a cap - thats a limit of possibility and those 2 things are very different. Freqs do effectivly cap however, varying from weapon to weapon. I'm not sure its really an "issue" however. With the changes we have now, in some ways slow freq for APUs could be interesting - providing they get the damage to back it up.

jini
03-03-07, 21:05
No matter how I tried I could never reach more than 150%, even tho we can easily find this by using the lowest TL weapon. But overall we both say the same thing. Im taking the practical approach, you take the theoretical one. The outcome is the same and that is that there is a finite limit of what dmg% you get from a gun, more or less the same old same old that is...

About different weapons yes, I agree. Dissy rly sucks, and I dont understand how the people about to get there free time are gonna even remotely test the new game.

Things on test server are real easy, but this is not gonna be like that when retail hits

Lifewaster
03-03-07, 21:44
Things on test server are real easy, but this is not gonna be like that when retail hits

I did a quick test CST-ing a holy protector , 84% stats , it gave my capped ppu a 66% shield......while the artifact one gave 85% shield.

My quick guess is we are running at about +25% overall on everything atm, well maybe not on the rares.

nobby
03-03-07, 22:13
Hey, you don't have to make use of the free time if you don't want to. Feel free to resubscribe now. ;)

N

I do hope you're actually going to lay off a month for us Paying people right ?

jini
04-03-07, 07:20
I did a quick test CST-ing a holy protector , 84% stats , it gave my capped ppu a 66% shield......while the artifact one gave 85% shield.

My quick guess is we are running at about +25% overall on everything atm, well maybe not on the rares.
no, That's not true. There are a lot of issues sourcing from weapons mostly, as well as shields, which will lead to many inbalances. We used to mod low slotted weapons going for frequency the most, now you need to go for damage. But there are artifact rare weapons available. Some have slotted xbows, beretas others don't. And there is still the issue with monks. Melee tanks are extremely fast, followed by pistol spies.... another issue... bleh I dont want to think of it. Let them solve their problems with Wednesday's launch :rolleyes:

CMaster
04-03-07, 17:17
No matter how I tried I could never reach more than 150%, even tho we can easily find this by using the lowest TL weapon. But overall we both say the same thing. Im taking the practical approach, you take the theoretical one. The outcome is the same and that is that there is a finite limit of what dmg% you get from a gun, more or less the same old same old that is...

Hmm, maybe I remember wrong. I seemed to think that my 240ish RC spy could get over 150% damage, but as said could be wrong. There is an important practical difference however - when there were caps, there was a point to which skills investment would always benefit, and beyond that point there was no benefit whatsoever. Now its not so simple - more skills investment will always have a benefit. Its just up to you to decide where this benefit becomes negligible (far too early IMO, but thats another matter).

a4nic8er
05-03-07, 00:55
SH @ 152% Dmg with R-C:230 WEP:201 T-C:100

jini
05-03-07, 09:11
There is an important practical difference however - when there were caps, there was a point to which skills investment would always benefit, and beyond that point there was no benefit whatsoever. Now its not so simple - more skills investment will always have a benefit. Its just up to you to decide where this benefit becomes negligible (far too early IMO, but thats another matter).
Then, please tell me how come my non PA n00b pistol spy (mini) with something like 135 in p-c, a lot less t-c, is able to kill everything in game, even tanks using the powerful creed?
Practice has a meaning when those numbers really mean something. If I'm getting a weapon that says 152% in dmg and I cant kill then what's the point?
I believe that there is NO real difference when you have a gun thats has 110-120 to 150% dmg, where it shouldn't have been like that. But we do need to perform some tests

So current cap for dmg% as nicer proved to us is 152%, and I can witness my xbow on my pe is shooting @ 63 rpm so what ? :cool:

Rogue Arson
05-03-07, 13:09
Hmm... so, for a rifle spy, not much has changed really. Sounds good. Gonna have to replace my SA, but I've heard rumours about Nanites requiring Imp skill... any truth to that?

I know, I could just be filtering through the test server forums for the info, but what I'm lookin' for is pretty specific to the rifle spy and askin' ppl is MUCH quicker, and gets me personal opinions as well =)

Oh yeah, gonna be lookin' for an active clan as well... anyone remember Stalker and not hate the hell outta me? =p

CMaster
05-03-07, 13:32
Then, please tell me how come my non PA n00b pistol spy (mini) with something like 135 in p-c, a lot less t-c, is able to kill everything in game, even tanks using the powerful creed?
Practice has a meaning when those numbers really mean something. If I'm getting a weapon that says 152% in dmg and I cant kill then what's the point?
I believe that there is NO real difference when you have a gun thats has 110-120 to 150% dmg, where it shouldn't have been like that. But we do need to perform some tests

You misunderstand me Jini. I largley speaking agree with you. There is a point where practically you have made all the points investment naturally. However, despite your insistence, there are no "caps". Spending more points will always make a difference - just typically not a worthwhile one. Yes, eventually you run out of points to spend - but thats not a cap on weapon damage % - its taking a character to the limit of what can be acheived, which is a very different issue to being stopped by an arbitary cap.

However, your 135PC pistol spy is a perfect example of why the weapon skilling curve needs to be adjusted.

jini
05-03-07, 17:34
Ok fine with me let's just say we all agree with this: there are no caps, but limits :p

There are many issues with p-c=135. Or not artifact weapons. Personally I am a follower of equal opportunities to the guy that makes a one slot pistol, to the one that makes a 5 slot pistol. After all its just luck.
I believe we are wasting to much time looking in numbers, slots, ultimas and shit, instead of focusing in skill and fun and populations.

Also there is a limit of what you can demand from a team of programmers regarding to class balancing, if we want to keep skill the largest factor in this game

netster
05-03-07, 18:36
Stalker coming back??? => ZORO.
get on vent baby, and i'll give ya detailed informations!
tbh, u'll love what they done to rifle spys :D

cheers mate!

Cirith MS
05-03-07, 19:36
Omg, Nidd watches TV. o_O

He needs something to do while he babysit's you boy's on here!

xyl_az
06-03-07, 17:15
didnt want to create new topic, so here's my question: how's the comparision between psi and nanites in pvp? Because i'm reading this whole forum and i'm quite puzzled how this is really gonna work.
Are those nanites viable in pvp (and i mean close combat pvp, for a rifle spy with FL, for example)?

thx for answers

PS. I know, it probably needs to test it out ingame, but i'm just curious. There are too many info here and i cannot grasp it as a whole. Been away for too long and all this 2.2 is a complete maze for me...