PDA

View Full Version : necoron 2.2 patch or transfer?

pharabus
01-03-07, 10:31
is this just a patch or will there be server transfers like when neocron went to doy?

silent000
01-03-07, 13:37
Just a patch ost probably, this is just an Add-Onpatch like NC 2.1

CritiNator
01-03-07, 14:31
Patch, for sure!

CMaster
01-03-07, 15:17
Patch. THere will be some complications with item changes however. There alsop should be a skill points release.

SnowCrash
01-03-07, 15:36
Patch. THere will be some complications with item changes however. There alsop should be a skill points release.

There will be a skill reset at the release of Evolution 2.2, yes.

CritiNator
01-03-07, 15:40
SnowCrash, you should post that to Announcements board. This is first time i hear fact about it.

silent000
01-03-07, 16:01
Snowcrash shopuld also post on our rant thread about 2.2 people areg etting very angry indeed!

Serious_Sam
01-03-07, 23:08
You know what, i don't ever think there has been a time where the community wasn't bitching about something. Lets be realistic now, if something is implemented which totally screws with the NC experience, IT WILL BE FIXED!

The people at KK do not, i repeat DO NOT want to lose players, and they know better than you and I about the implications of bad code implementation.

I say, chill out some. They've already sorted out many things in a short time, and whos to say more major issues will not be seen to before the release? (or immediately after?).

If there is something i'd like to see more of it is the famous German efficiency!

calim
02-03-07, 14:35

Hi,

Can you develop ?
What about new players to 2.2 who don't know where to put their skill points ?

Don't you think it will imply border effects like mass-lom-party, and going to remove a lot of players's XP ? Do you think to introduce free lom for 30 days with no XP loss ?

Seraphin[69]
02-03-07, 15:23
They will do like they did on testserver.

You'll get your chars with current XP level but all points availlable to you to place like you would do with neoskiller when you create a template ;)

Problem is your characters will need to level again (IE : a tank get +5 int +5 dex and -10 psi so you'll need to level +5 int +5 dex levels even if you're capped and WOC capable). At least that's what I had to do with pills on the testserver despite I was overcapped int/dex

SnowCrash
02-03-07, 15:55
I have noticed some important questions and would like to sum up the answers for you.

1. There will be no item wipe with Evol 2.2
2. There will be a skill reset with Evol 2.2.
3. Due to the adjustments on the Area MC5 implants some of these implants could be no longer of use for your current retail characters. As these implants are very difficult to obtain we will offer a item swap service via the Neocron 2 Gamemaster team after release for these items.

silent000
02-03-07, 15:59
Snow i think it will be easier for you and should be quite easy for the programmer if you made an NPC that did the job for you. Also we dont need to wait for a GameMaster to be on so we can actually do something with our chars.

Faid
02-03-07, 17:27
I have noticed some important questions and would like to sum up the answers for you.

3. Due to the adjustments on the Area MC5 implants some of these implants could be no longer of use for your current retail characters. As these implants are very difficult to obtain we will offer a item swap service via the Neocron 2 Gamemaster team after release for these items.
What about mc5 parts? Will you be switching out specific parts IE: Hull, Comp, Frame, etc.

Dogface
02-03-07, 18:39
Snow i think it will be easier for you and should be quite easy for the programmer if you made an NPC that did the job for you. Also we dont need to wait for a GameMaster to be on so we can actually do something with our chars.

I wouldn't risk it personally, as the NPC may be exploitable. A GM on the other hand, is not.

Seraphin[69]
03-03-07, 14:49
But a GM can spawn lots of items for some players as we saw in the past

unreal
03-03-07, 15:14
the NPC may be exploitable.It's exploitable if it's written badly, apart from one case, item condition. A crap Special Forces implant could be traded in for an artifact SWAT processor, etc. This is still just a minor defect when you consider the NPC's won't be there permanently and most people don't have such items with that low (say less than 90/*%) a condition in the first place, so the gain in item condition will generally be minimal.

Frankly it should be everyones little reward for having to put up with the upcoming goings on (ie, turning the retail servers into the 2.2 test servers) and spending time testing things in general.

NPCs should most certainly be used for a limited period, so that players can instantly get their implants and GM's will then handle the odd request after the said period is over. Still doesn't look like they agree though. GM's are going to be rather busy for no logical reason when you consider the amount of Pistol characters out there needing the correct implant for their profession.

CMaster
03-03-07, 16:20
Theres another problem as well.
A technicality in the way that the scripts work means that an item has to be taken away a step before a new one is given. A crash/loss of synch at this stage, and BAM, your Synaptic Accelerator has vanished.

Mighty Max
03-03-07, 16:29
Theres another problem as well.
A technicality in the way that the scripts work means that an item has to be taken away a step before a new one is given. A crash/loss of synch at this stage, and BAM, your Synaptic Accelerator has vanished.

This is not the case. This _can_ happen when - because of story - the item is given out one or more dialog pages (and thus needing user input) after the other item was taken. When no user input is needed, the item take/give can not be interrupted by a client synch/crash, unless it is the server that did crash ;)

The difference between a NPC exchanging Implants against the GM exchanging them is that the GM has an "overview" of the situation, and might remember ppl that are exchanging hundred of chips "because he wouldnt be able to use it" alltho this would have been fixed by the first implant exchange.

My 2c.

CMaster
03-03-07, 16:38
This is not the case. This _can_ happen when - because of story - the item is given out one or more dialog pages (and thus needing user input) after the other item was taken. When no user input is needed, the item take/give can not be interrupted by a client synch/crash, unless it is the server that did crash ;)

The difference between a NPC exchanging Implants against the GM exchanging them is that the GM has an "overview" of the situation, and might remember ppl that are exchanging hundred of chips "because he wouldnt be able to use it" alltho this would have been fixed by the first implant exchange.

My 2c.

OK, now I have no hands on experience of the scripting language for NC, however here is what it was explained to me:
Before you gives somebody their SWAT, you need to check that they actually have an SF in the first place. However that test actually involves taking it away. Its only then on the next line of sciprt (the one where the "if has" is true) that the new item is given. A crash after the take but before the next stage of script means bye bye implant.

eprodigy
04-03-07, 21:52
2. There will be a skill reset with Evol 2.2.

no skill reset? great, so the first thing we get to do with our 30 days is lom for hours..?

(unless loms have been changed or something i havent been on the test server or anything)

Mighty Max
04-03-07, 21:59
Read again

pharabus
04-03-07, 22:00
wtf read the quote, there IS a skill reset

nobby
04-03-07, 22:20
Baka Da Na !

Nullvoid
04-03-07, 22:20
reading skills for the win!

Glok
04-03-07, 22:32
What you guys are blind..
2. There will <blind>NOT</blind> be a skill reset with Evol 2.2.
no skill reset? great, so the first thing we get to do with our 30 days is lom for hours..?:lol:

gamefreak
04-03-07, 22:38
Onoez I r gonna lough at him for at least one weak

eprodigy
04-03-07, 23:59
wow do i feel stupid..

everyone shut up.. it never happened.

nobby
05-03-07, 00:15
I'm still Laughing !

Baka !!!
BAKA BAKA BAKA !!! :p