PDA

View Full Version : General help for Pistol Spy

Matanius
25-02-07, 21:48
Hey, i'm a new player. I'm a 34/36 Pistol Spy/Infiltrator. I'm basically looking for some general help with the game. I get some help in-game but as people have said and as i've found myself the forums are much better for help.

First off just wondering where a good place is to level? Both on my own, with one other player (as i have someone i regularly level with) and in teams. I currently tend to level outside MB with teams or in other sectors near it killing mobs (launchers and the occasional warbot etc.)

What things shud i be levelling? I currently have INT:54 STR:26 CON:28 DEX:60 and PSI:16 some of my skills are P-C:93 T-C:60 VHC:47 HCK:80 (or is it 90?! lol) I also have small figures in REP/RES/CST/REC which i did at the beginning to help be more independent. Just wanna kno what i shud be lvling particularly in STR and CON.

I think most other things i am OK with atm but any other general help will be appreciated. I have read the Neocron FAQ which has been v.helpful so far however i'm starting to get a bit beyond the basic help in there.

Just in-case anyone asks, I have tagged most the GR's in the wastelands including TH and MB. I also have a HH 4x4 Chaincraft and i'm still LE'd with no intention of taking it out anytime soon and my in-game name is Matan.

As always, any reply will be gratefully received!

Thanx, Matan

Napalm82
25-02-07, 22:40
Check your PM's and remember, hush hush :D

I dont want my place to be crowded.

- Napalm

SorkZmok
26-02-07, 09:52
Basically, you want to stick to one tradeskill in int, in your case hacking. You need 80ish to hack pretty much every mob ingame, 100 to 110 for belts and outposts.
The rest should go into wep and psu (about 50 psu should be fine for a start, wep should be about 75 base).
In dex, you really want more damage. So get 25 vhc and get yourself a trike (driver profession newbie quest reward).
Then only get as much t-c as you need to use your best gun and dump the rest in p-c. Maybe some agl but only for leveling and with a vehicle you could also ditch that skill.

As for a gun, i suggest you get yourself a slotted tangent epic pistol, that thing is great for leveling as it's got artifact stats, high slot chances, got amazing range and can be repaired back to full condition.

/edit
In str just get enough transport to carry around ammo and loot, dump the rest in resist force.
And in con you can just put your points in atl and hlt, con resists on a spy are not that important for pve.
One exception though: if you want to level FAST, put 50 into resist poison, get a filter heart, a basic resist 2 spell, the best poison belt you can wear and hit the swamp caves southeast of gravis. Stick to the water and keep a heal running on you constantly and you will be fine down there. With a capped high end rare i could get 1 mil dex xp in less than 10 minutes, once i got that xbow that time is closer to 5 minutes even. There really isnt a better leveling place as you will have absolutely no downtime to heal back up there and the mobs rank from 70 to 100 with a 120 boss mob that drops rare drugs and parts.

An alternative to the por in con and the filter heart would be green dragon. Drops your health but gives you 150 por in con. Can be obtained from the black dragon FSM.

Another nice leveling place is regants but it's far out, got no goguardian and the mobs have pretty high health. Plus they drop crap loot so you couldn't even use it to makeyour own ammo.
Overall, the amount of xp, loot and money is way better in the gravis caves.
Regants still is worth a visit, it's a creepy place.

Matanius
26-02-07, 12:33
The rest should go into wep and psu (about 50 psu should be fine for a start, wep should be about 75 base).
Well i have over 90 wep atm. But only have 30 in psu so will focus on that

In dex, you really want more damage. So get 25 vhc and get yourself a trike (driver profession newbie quest reward).
As i said, i have 47 vhc and have next chaincraft

As for a gun, i suggest you get yourself a slotted tangent epic pistol, that thing is great for leveling as it's got artifact stats, high slot chances, got amazing range and can be repaired back to full condition.

I am with TT and am planning to get that once i can get to the level.

As for the rest that is pretty much what i am doing so that's kool. Only thing that i haven't done is that stuff bout the caves. Ur not the first person to recommend that to me so i think i shall give it a bash.

Cheers for all ur help ;)

Dribble Joy
26-02-07, 13:38
37 vhc for a reveler (next epic veicle, can't be destroyed permanently) or 17 for the quad (jones noobie vehicle, similarly can't be destroyed permanently).

Matanius
26-02-07, 14:10
lol, yeah. Once i've done TT i wanna go to NEXT and get that reveller

SorkZmok
27-02-07, 15:11
lol, yeah. Once i've done TT i wanna go to NEXT and get that reveller
You mentioned you couldnt do all the epic missions yet, i guess because your overall rank isnt high enough.
But there's drugs. You can simply get a load of drugs, run to the npc that gives out the mission, then pop em all and talk to him. The drugs boost your rank quite a bit and it might be what you lack to accept the mission.

Here's help to get through all the epic missions. You can also find out what rank you need to get to start them.
http://www.techhaven.org/resources/epics/

Matanius
27-02-07, 21:58
Yeah, i always look at the guide on there b4 doing an epic. And i think you misunderstood me. I meant that once i've got the TT epic item and done all epics with TT, i wanna jump oer to next and do there epics

Jipz
27-02-07, 23:46
once ur dex is about 90 try to get a wyatt earp, way better than the crappy TT pistol ;) and cheap :o

Doc Holliday
28-02-07, 17:36
once ur dex is about 90 try to get a wyatt earp, way better than the crappy TT pistol ;) and cheap :o

I love my wyatt earp and he isnt cheap at all :lol:

Matanius
28-02-07, 21:15
well i've looked at the wyatt on techhaven.org and looks good, obviously have to what till i can use it first but how would i go about getting one? i know you need rares to cst it, but which ones do i need? Would rather get it cst than buy it really.

Napalm82
01-03-07, 10:43
You need to start collecting the rare parts a lot more then get them identified.

Say one of your parts turn out to be "Hull of "Wyatt Earp" " then you need to collect the other parts or trade some of your non-Earp parts for em.

Or buy the parts if thats what you want, you KNOW you have a great constructor to make it for ya :D

- Napalm

Matanius
01-03-07, 10:47
sure do matey! and you better make a 5 slotter!!! lmao. well looks like i need to kill more warbots then. should be on later today, hopefully. not sure wot time. u?

Jipz
01-03-07, 13:52
you'd rather buy one , hunting wb is good but take too much time.
you can get 1slotter for 100/150k maybe less, depends on ya ;)

Matanius
01-03-07, 15:33
meh, i'm quite happy huntin wb's for the moment neways and it will be a while till i get the skills to use a wyatt anyways