PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Evolution 2.2: Free game time for inactive accounts

SnowCrash
23-02-07, 11:46
In the course of the release of Neocron Evolution 2.2, all inactive Neocron 2 game accounts will be reactivated at no charge for 30 days as of the day of release. Please note that this does not include permanently suspended game accounts.

Jodo
23-02-07, 12:40
Excellent stuff. Are you going to inform everyone via email to make sure you get maximum effect?

Dogface
23-02-07, 12:44
Good stuff, you should also send out emails about Paypal!

Bredahl
23-02-07, 12:58
Sounds very good :)

Argent
23-02-07, 13:47
Very nice news. I also agree that this really is worth the e-mail spam, who would frown upon a notification of free gametime?

netster
23-02-07, 15:39
that means:
a) 30 days free gametime for pay'd and unpay'd accounts?
or
b) 30 days free gametime for unpay'd accounts?

elGringo
23-02-07, 15:43
that means:
a) 30 days free gametime for pay'd and unpay'd accounts?
or
b) 30 days free gametime for unpay'd accounts?

read again... this time pay attention to whats really written rather than what you would like to see ;)

"inactive NC 2 accounts" are clearly "unpay'd" accounts. If you have a subscribtion running, this news doesnt concern you.

Tratos
23-02-07, 16:23
Good to hear, i hope allot of people stick around for the changes and the fact they can with PayPal :D

Richard Slade
23-02-07, 16:30
What the heck was changed anyways?
the announcement just states 2.2 is released and nothing else o_O

Faid
23-02-07, 17:16
[ edited ]

Trivaldi
23-02-07, 17:45
What the heck was changed anyways?
the announcement just states 2.2 is released and nothing else o_O
Please re-read the announcement, this is just a heads up that inactive accounts will be reactivated for 2.2, the Evolution package is still in development and testing with the community.

Futher announcements will be made when 2.2 is given a release date and then released so spread the word so people know that they can come back for 30 days for free when 2.2 hits ;)

Triv

unreal
23-02-07, 18:08
Excellent news, especially because of the 30 day period. :) Last time round 14 (or was it 10? Can't remember...) days wasn't really enough, particularly because the database problems on Terra occurred and there had to be a bunch of rollbacks which basically destroyed gameplay on that server for a couple/few days of the free gametime. Wasn't exactly a encouraging for returning players to witness and I'm sure it was one of the reasons most of them left again once the period was over. Fingers crossed it won't happen again this time round. :cool:

Dribble Joy
23-02-07, 19:03
E-mail spam! E-mail spam! E-mail spam!

>_<

E-mail spam!!

Richard Slade
23-02-07, 21:04
What?
You just posted a pre-preview?

No sneak-peak?
No nothing?

Geez man, gimme something to think about until the mails go out so I can start wanting to play.. o_O

Nullvoid
23-02-07, 22:37
Erm? All they said is that when 2.2 comes to retail they will be giving out free gametime to people not currently playing...It's a great idea to try and get some population back.

Even better would be mailing every account that was ever registered with the news that paypal is now accepted so all those who couldn't get c2p to work know that they can be back playing if they so desire.

SnowCrash
23-02-07, 22:51
What?
You just posted a pre-preview?

No sneak-peak?
No nothing?

Geez man, gimme something to think about until the mails go out so I can start wanting to play.. o_O

You can get an brief update about Neocron Evolution 2.2 in the Balancing discussion forum (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170), especially this Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136945) might be quite informative.

Speedball
23-02-07, 23:53
Great news !

Apocalypsox
24-02-07, 00:57
Snowcrash one final thing needs to be done here, Mass mailing of all email accounts linked to inactive accounts.

Thats the final step in fixing neocron.

Richard Slade
24-02-07, 02:15
Snowcrash one final thing needs to be done here, Mass mailing of all email accounts linked to inactive accounts.

Thats the final step in fixing neocron.

Having Snowie stop getting his FREak on (Or was it Gotter, I believe it was Gotterdamerung.. (SP?)) first of all, is a step to fixing Neocron,
bringing vets back to the same old won't help much.

Faid
24-02-07, 02:30
lol why was my post edited? It made perfect sense and Im pretty sure it didnt break any rules. Thats probably why there is no explanation as to why it was edited.

Darak
24-02-07, 02:57
Is there a release time scale for 2.2 or is it a 'when its ready' product. Cos it all sounds very interesting but other pvp mmo's starts releasing in the second half of the year.

Dribble Joy
24-02-07, 04:33
I'd say that 2.2 will be out around june/july, so at the change from first to second half of '07. Hopefully this will pull people back before the other MMOs start their summer releases.

jini
24-02-07, 08:34
I'd say that 2.2 will be out around june/july, so at the change from first to second half of '07. Hopefully this will pull people back before the other MMOs start their summer releases.
Yes, I knew you would say that, because most of use were saying that it would go live around spring, May/June :D:D:D:D

Nice promo of 30 days free, but that also need a BIIIG banner posted at least one month before in mmorpg. Instead of trying with old customer base, focus on game's open pvp and post on that site to get some fresh players to join

Breakaway
24-02-07, 14:58
at bloody last lol. cant wait til i can reactivate my accounts with paypal :D been about 1 year now since ive played :( nice one on the free month, should get alot of old people comming back and hopefully most will stay :)

Hell-demon
24-02-07, 22:39
I'm going to cum!!!!!

dark_reaper
25-02-07, 00:16
Wow, i think I should do a news piece on this.

Nidhogg
25-02-07, 02:43
lol why was my post edited? It made perfect sense and Im pretty sure it didnt break any rules. Thats probably why there is no explanation as to why it was edited.
It was such a stupid post that I decided not to waste my time typing in a reason. I'll tell you what, you have a guess why it was edited and PM it to me. I'll tell you if you were right. CLUE: It's totally obvious.

N

Superbron
25-02-07, 16:31
Wooweeh. That'll bring me back for at least 30 days. Great!

Faid
25-02-07, 20:35
[ edited - I asked you to PM me ]

silent000
26-02-07, 02:16
Niddy's getting power-crazy again :eek: /me Hides

Apocalypsox
26-02-07, 03:11
no Faid is being defiant =P

Niddys playin it by the book

Mal
26-02-07, 12:53

Ah bumnuts, I wanna play NOW!

Faid
26-02-07, 17:23
[ edited - last chance to PM me. Don't say I didn't warn you. ]

ManoEx
26-02-07, 21:53
that sound nice enough for me to try this 2.2 out then ;)

good job for paypal, too bad it happens so late :(

edit : i've read it'll come before summer hopefully,

ill just wait then

Dribble Joy
26-02-07, 22:14
(is anyone kind enough to give me the link on some 2.2 feature list ? changes thanks in advance)
No real links as such (and you need an active account to view the balance forum anyway afaik), but here's some general stuff.

No caps on weapon stats or skill effects properties (like dmg reduction for resists).
Pistol range has been nerfed.
Nanites.
New weapons, mostly rare versions of weapons currently without one, like street model rifles (the desperado, if accessories come out anyone using this must wear some from of mexican bandit getup), Libra (rare gat rifle), dread fire (rare gat pistol) and the creed (currently overpowered rare laser cannon).

Skusty
26-02-07, 22:32
Nice. I'm totally going to visit NC at the free-trial. :D

Neally
27-02-07, 18:50
It is such a great news, I hope a lot of people will be on for that. I Might be myself.

I haven't tested the balance yet. I hope to be surprised.

/N^

Jipz
28-02-07, 00:09
good news to hear, I will be there :cool:

Judge
28-02-07, 10:58
I certainly hope that it comes out in June or later otherwise it'll be right in the middle of Uni exams. Although, knowing KK I don't think "Its coming out too early" will be much of an issue.

landofcake
28-02-07, 11:15
Great news for those of us who're so skint that it takes quite a commitment to pay for the little things ;)

Cheers

Lucius Drake
28-02-07, 12:39
I've been having the dreams again... getting more frequent... i'll be there

LD

Kierz
01-03-07, 19:27
Although, knowing KK I don't think "Its coming out too early" will be much of an issue.ROFL

13 (eng/ger) pages in less than 24 hrs of ppl telling KK they're too early releasing 2.2 in 6 days time... if they don't listen they deserve what'll happen, not sure what we did to deserve this tho =[

silent000
01-03-07, 19:29
It was your fault Kalogen! I blame you!

Judge
01-03-07, 22:16
ROFL

13 (eng/ger) pages in less than 24 hrs of ppl telling KK they're too early releasing 2.2 in 6 days time... if they don't listen they deserve what'll happen, not sure what we did to deserve this tho =[

Yes, it would appear that I spoke too soon.

NAPPER
02-03-07, 10:45
ROFL

I just want KK to take a shot or back up all the data before they patch the server so they can change it back when everyone stops playing

Sorry KK but thats my 2 cent

Napper

Bredahl
02-03-07, 10:52
I just want KK to take a shot or back up all the data before they patch the server so they can change it back when everyone stops playing

Napper

lol that would be a very good idea tbh

Kierz
02-03-07, 12:53

Napper/signed

Nidhogg
02-03-07, 13:02
The topic of this thread is "free game time for inactive accounts". Please stick to the topic. Thanks.

N

netster
02-03-07, 13:40
i would have made that offer to testserver only, cause its giving ppls a better kind of view etc, how the game changed since they left.

Lunascape
02-03-07, 15:39
Will this apply to old accounts which played the 10 day trial or only accounts which subscribed beyond that?

Nidhogg
02-03-07, 15:51
Will this apply to old accounts which played the 10 day trial or only accounts which subscribed beyond that?
It will apply to all inactive (but not banned) accounts. This includes trials.

N

Lunascape
02-03-07, 15:54
Sweeeeeeeeeet ^_^ Thanks for the quick reply N. :)

WaR eYe
05-03-07, 12:06
:wtf: Hmm nice, 2.2. I hope they fixed the game. I'm gonna check out those 30 day's and maby, if the changes are nice ill stay. Hope to see some people that played in the beginning. :angel:

Rogue Arson
05-03-07, 13:15
It's been asked a few times, so I may have missed the answer...

Niddy, is there any way a mass mail could be sent to email addys of the lapsed accounts and trials that this free month would apply to? If there is a convenient way to do so, are there any plans for a mass mail?

Bredahl
05-03-07, 13:49
One of my accounts expires the 19th - will i be able to use it after that (for the rest of the free time period)? or is it only for accounts that are inactive BEFORE the 7th?

If that makes any sence?

Jodo
05-03-07, 13:55
One of my accounts expires the 19th - will i be able to use it after that (for the rest of the free time period)? or is it only for accounts that are inactive BEFORE the 7th?

I would think that they already have to be inactive or everyone could cancel their accounts and get some free time. I could be wrong but I wouldn't want to be giving more free time than necessary.

Dogface
05-03-07, 14:00
It's been asked a few times, so I may have missed the answer...

Niddy, is there any way a mass mail could be sent to email addys of the lapsed accounts and trials that this free month would apply to? If there is a convenient way to do so, are there any plans for a mass mail?

We've tried getting an answer about this out of KK but they're giving us the silent treatment that they know how to do oh-so-well.

And we all know what that means.

silent000
05-03-07, 14:39
Well they sent out a mass e-mail last time for 2.1 im sure, because it brung back some bastards that dont belong near a computer :(

Egon
05-03-07, 15:18
Yay, 2.2.. im comming back to try out the new improvments. i might stick around this time again, miss playing neocron.. and my sniper :( but neocron, do some more advertisement.. bet it could bring back some more people and/or some new gamers :D

NestorPL
07-03-07, 01:26
What necoron would need to really bring back its former glory is:

- Graphics overhaul
- No-zoning engine (wastelands)

I'll be sure to try what's new in 2.2, but those points above are what keeps NC away from 'modern' MMOs.

I'm very glad to see that game isn't done yet, and still wishes to develop and upgrade. Keep up the great job!

Mal
07-03-07, 02:44
What necoron would need to really bring back its former glory is:

- Graphics overhaul
- No-zoning engine (wastelands)

I'll be sure to try what's new in 2.2, but those points above are what keeps NC away from 'modern' MMOs.

I'm very glad to see that game isn't done yet, and still wishes to develop and upgrade. Keep up the great job!

Too right, but I'm sure the response to that would be "not enough resources"/"lots of manhours"/"chimpanzees going on strike"

Kazuya
07-03-07, 12:34

Napper
owned and hes sooo right tbh

Coid
08-03-07, 10:56
i hope that they dont backout on the whole free 30day thing....just like when they said nc2 was gunna be a free upgrade. Im scrambling to get a job and cash to get my computer up and running before it comes out!!

Rogue Arson
08-03-07, 13:42
i hope that they dont backout on the whole free 30day thing....just like when they said nc2 was gunna be a free upgrade. Im scrambling to get a job and cash to get my computer up and running before it comes out!!

They did a free 30 for 2.1 if memory serves. No reason they wouldn't do the same for 2.2 =)

Judge
08-03-07, 13:43
Was it 30 days for 2.1? I thought it was more like 2 weeks, although I might have been mistaken.

Carnage
08-03-07, 14:23

Napper

retaildatabases get backuped 2times a day. o_O

CritiNator
08-03-07, 16:57
Sorry for the offtopic, but why take backups, if you cant retrieve anything from them on failures? I mean the Speed gatling thingie?
.End of ot

elGringo
08-03-07, 17:29
Sorry for the offtopic, but why take backups, if you cant retrieve anything from them on failures? I mean the Speed gatling thingie?
.End of ot

just because they dont restore single character data (which would an abuse fest tbh), does not mean the backups are useless ... they can prove quite useful for the purpose of restoring the _whole_ server, _all_ appartments, _all_ inventories etc. pp. in case of a major fuck-up that affects most, if not all players. :)

Kierz
08-03-07, 17:50
retaildatabases get backuped 2times a day. o_Othose are overwritten tho surely? napper meant keep a backup of 2.1 in it's final state before ruining it =]

elGringo
08-03-07, 18:21
those are overwritten tho surely? napper meant keep a backup of 2.1 in it's final state before ruining it =]

think again...
how useful would it be to just keep one backup - or say, 2 and overwrite them instantly? Kinda destroys the whole purpose of backups eh?
Imagine on day_x an error occurs, that silently grows and makes everything go fubar on day_x+5 ...rolling back to day_x+4 would be useless...

hence when dealing with complex systems, you keep multiple backups to be able to restore the sys to a solid state.

CritiNator
08-03-07, 18:30
Well, after talking in ooc, i heard that gatlins were lost due database failure. I lost my all gatlins, my friends lots theirs. I was offline for year or something and when we got back, all were gone.
But this is OT.. so no more about that. Who cares bout few gatlins. We are about to lost the game :'(

Carnage
08-03-07, 19:36
Well, after talking in ooc, i heard that gatlins were lost due database failure. I lost my all gatlins, my friends lots theirs. I was offline for year or something and when we got back, all were gone.
But this is OT.. so no more about that. Who cares bout few gatlins. We are about to lost the game :'(

Maybe it was no bug ?
Some clans have exploited a bug in the CM Epic and farmed 100's of Speed Gatlins. This Clanapps with 100's of Speed Gatlins in their cabs, get emptied by us !!! Dont know if it was your clan, but one possibility ;)

CritiNator
08-03-07, 20:38
Heh, nah, i got all my gatlins by my self. So did my friends ( thanks to 15 trials :D ). But no problems.. ill mail support once i got time for that.

Safunte
08-03-07, 23:34
hell i'll buy you a drive to store literally every last bit of unchanged NC2.1 data before you put it to 2.2... just give us the reassurance that it will all be saved... all.

And mentioning it as before and as many others have in many other places,

Nc2.2 is not ready. The vast majority of players discourage the application of it for many reasons. My main reason is it makes everything in NC slow... more of a grind. And by everything, I mean it literally.

SyncError
09-03-07, 06:51
I just wanted to give a huge thank you for making the decision to offer free game time to inactive accounts. I look forward to checking out Neocron again.

FlashFF
11-03-07, 20:55
Heh, nah, i got all my gatlins by my self. So did my friends ( thanks to 15 trials :D ). But no problems.. ill mail support once i got time for that.

Trials... Surely that in itself would be classed as exploiting.

darkservent
11-03-07, 21:43
any news on when the download will be available and like when we can begin play?

CritiNator
12-03-07, 08:15
FlashFF: Thats exploiting? lols.
We just decided with my friend, that we try out different templates in PVP. Did not want to erase characters so that was the way to go. Im not sure, but i think it was back at pluto. We were in clan BRTF, so thats why we were at MB always. We just leveled our chars ( spy, pe and finally tank ) to test the pvp and erased them.. until i found class that was interesting and thats when i bought my second account.

FlashFF
12-03-07, 09:21
thanks to 15 trials :D

There's 15 classes in NC?

and back on topic: GEEF ME 2.2!

CritiNator
12-03-07, 11:05
We want 2.2 now. I dont have gametime and i wanna play now!

PS: I ment 15 DAY trials

Dezh
12-03-07, 13:31
Guess my account will still be closed due to click2gay fucking it up.

Tickles
12-03-07, 13:47
Shouldn't be. If you have an inactive account and are no perma-banned then your account should just be active for 30 days from now.

wee man wee
12-03-07, 22:10
Darn haven't got my 30 days free time yet!

Scara
13-03-07, 00:41
No free gametime yet :(

Banditlead
14-03-07, 05:23
No free Game Time Here either :(
Actually, I should say, that its not listed on Neocron's website as being active. The game is downloading, so I can't actually try to log in. So I don't know 100% its not active for me.

But I am guessing its not.

Patso
14-03-07, 11:48
The free game time is working for me.. only problem is my rifle spy cannot use any of the weapons he owns (due to the rebalance) and has no cash to buy anything :wtf:

Going to have to hit the sewers with a stiletto.

SnowCrash
14-03-07, 12:02
Please contact our e-mail support team at account@neocron.com if you encounter any issues with your 30-day free gametime.

Leonard
04-04-07, 02:03
it is truly times like this that i am glad that i do not play neocron but still reap the benefits of having played in the past! thanks reakktor!

btw, I may be coming back to neocron if this is good!

kane
05-04-07, 01:46
it is truly times like this that i am glad that i do not play neocron but still reap the benefits of having played in the past! thanks reakktor!

btw, I may be coming back to neocron if this is good!

sorry to see you leave

BunkerBoy
22-05-07, 16:20
Hi there. Not sure if anyone will see this or not, or remember me lol, but I had just recently stopped by the NC2 site here and saw that there have been a lot of changes made over the past few years since I stopped playing. I then read that there was free game time for 30 days after the release of 2.2 only to find out that it wasnt 30 days after you log back into your account but only 30 days from when the patch was released.

I'm just curious if an email was ever sent out to anyone cause I would have loved, and still would really like to check out NC2 again and see whats new. I'd very much like to return, I just don't want to have to go through all of the hastle of making a 10 day trial.

Is there any chance for free gametime still?

Thanks in advance!

-Brad

Mighty Max
22-05-07, 17:11
I'm just curious if an email was ever sent out to anyone

Going by some posts in the forum: yes there was a mailing going around. Haven't seen it myself tho.

Tikuto
22-06-07, 12:19
tis sexy

Lodar
22-06-07, 14:43
Since the free-time ended a long while ago, this thread is redundant. Closed.