PDA

View Full Version : Outzone Station

Tsukasa
21-02-07, 14:06
What i really miss about NC 1 that should be brought back in NC 2 is alll the Yo's shops that were in the Outzone station, sure everything out there was of the poorest quality, but at least it was all in the same area. If they would be willing to make that area a no weapon zone, it could easily become the best trade skill area of game. I just think that Yo's is getting the short stick in the game

Doc Holliday
21-02-07, 15:07
Nice idea and i do agree but its a station. cant really see it being a major trade skill area. it would be handy to have vendors to be used there though to save people having to go miles to get things they need or rely on people relogging different chars to help them get stuff.

I know this way as it is now encourages player trade but the best way to do that is get the shops in game if ever. this way it seems like its half way between and its a mission and a half some times. Countless times ive seen people ask for things like fsm items i can get for them but im busy doing somethin else or just plain cant be bothered with running around for a few creds. im honest :)

It would at least allow people to go out and get stuff themselves and least having the vendors back in would allow noobs to get their own guns. i remember when i spent all my money i had buying a new gun and armour parts to build it ( please not that was not a typo ) and had to ask the researcher kindly to help me with the bps as i had no money for a tip. That part of this game made it fun.

Heavyporker
21-02-07, 15:33
Dude, Outzone Mall was better... still is awesome even though a couple vendors were taken out... and some lights broke down there so you need to bring a flashlight usually.

Dribble Joy
21-02-07, 15:36
Necessitating travel to cirtain areas for particular reasons (missions, items, etc.), would make people move about more, creating a realer sense of the game world and more interaction between players.

I'm still tempted to say get rid of TH, with DoY-CC and P1 as trade areas. Would make suggling a lot more risky and difficult.

Heavyporker
21-02-07, 16:14
DJ, if TH was nuked, people would just move to MB.

Dribble Joy
21-02-07, 16:14
DJ, if TH was nuked, people would just move to MB.
I knew someone would say that.

MB shouldn't be a safe-zone.

Dogface
21-02-07, 17:29
I'm all for anything that removes the zonewhoring cess-pit that is MB.

If there was 1 or two more GRs planted around MB for example in sector 3 (where I swear no one even goes ever) then it might be a nice place to pvp, but without retards strafing left and right across the zoneline until they get low hp. Reason for more GRs is there would be more chance of getting in there without the GR being camped.

Sooo many amazing places in this game that could be used to their highest potential.

Brammers
21-02-07, 18:03
I knew someone would say that.

MB shouldn't be a safe-zone.

If the Mercs nuked Techhaven, then the Fallen Angels will want a way to kill all the Mercs in revenge! :D :p

Dribble Joy
21-02-07, 19:11
If the Mercs nuked Techhaven, then the Fallen Angels will want a way to kill all the Mercs in revenge! :D :p
I was thinking more along the lines of FA taking back TH....

CMaster
21-02-07, 19:14
Trading with the enemy shouldn't be safe.
That much I agree with.

Lifewaster
21-02-07, 19:28
A solution to Zoneline-ing , while retaining safe zones vs GR camping is:

One-way exits/entrances for the safezones. You zone out, then you got to run around to the Entry point......

Mr Kot
21-02-07, 20:35
Nice idea and i do agree but its a station.In that case, they should patch in a WH Smith and a Burger King :p

Dribble Joy
21-02-07, 20:37
And a Pumpkin coffee shop to sell over-priced tea.

Bastards....

CMaster
21-02-07, 20:53
And a Wetherspoons perhaps? (there's one at Leeds Station)
but yes, the WH Smiths is mandatory. Almost every airport I've ever been to has one also.

Speedball
22-02-07, 20:27
What i really miss about NC 1 that should be brought back in NC 2 is alll the Yo's shops that were in the Outzone station, sure everything out there was of the poorest quality, but at least it was all in the same area. If they would be willing to make that area a no weapon zone, it could easily become the best trade skill area of game. I just think that Yo's is getting the short stick in the game

I completely agree with that. But we could perhaps use INDUSTRIAL sectors for it, no ? the installation si good and there are alot of "shops" opportunities there.

Sooo many amazing places in this game that could be used to their highest potential.

X2
I always said that and I totaly agree with you.

Zerion
22-02-07, 21:14
A little OT, but (imho) it would be nice if there were no safe-zones. Would make things a great deal more exciting. I feel like item trades for things like WoC disks would become more secretive and just make the game overall "shadier". But bear in mind, I'm a PvP'er to an extreme extent.

Dogface
22-02-07, 21:49
Safe zones should be how it was in that old old Nc alpha stage video, where copbots gave you a warning to put your weapon away, if you ignored it they shot you dead :D

Skusty
22-02-07, 22:21
...just like it was/is (I don't remember) at Outzone Station at the Stormbots. ;)

Apocalypsox
23-02-07, 01:01
Safe zones should be how it was in that old old Nc alpha stage video, where copbots gave you a warning to put your weapon away, if you ignored it they shot you dead :D

I vote for that one, as if you where RPing a hitman you could risk running into a zone, blowing the fuck out of someone and trying to get away from the copbots alive.

silent000
23-02-07, 02:05

I have wanted this from the very start :(

But a problem with that would be kami droners where they cud just hide their meatsack and run a kami into a group of people very quikly before they get shot down

Dribble Joy
23-02-07, 04:17
No safe zones could only really work with a real symp system and real repercussions for doing something 'bad'.
The kami drone problem remains to a degree, their penalty would less immidiate (death) but would still suffer symp issues.