PDA

View Full Version : New payment method activated

SnowCrash
19-02-07, 11:57
As of today the new payment method via PayPal (http://www.paypal.com) is available in the account creation and management section of the Neocron 2 Launcher. Please note that this service is explicitly for credit card users.

If you wish to switch your current payment method to PayPal you need to cancel your game account and let your remaining game time expire. Then reactivate your game account with PayPal in the Neocron 2 Launcher account management and select your desired subscription model.

Please contact our Customer Support Team at account@neocron.com if you encounter any problems during your account creation or payment method switch.

UPDATE: The switch from PaybyCash to PayPal is now available too but can only be carried out by our Customer Support Team. Please send an support enquiry to account@neocron.com. Please also note that if you switch from PaybyCash to PayPal just now your remaining paid game time will be lost. We recommend that you let your current game time expire before you are proceeding.

Tratos
19-02-07, 12:15
Excellent news :D also just noticed that it's a euro and a bit cheaper than Click2Pay too ;)

Hopefully this will see populations rising quite a bit - good work KK!

I know who i'll be re-subbing with :)

Weazel646
19-02-07, 12:17
woo hoo brilliant just what we need now sort out my ticket :) lol

edit oh and u say its exclusivly for credit card users? well i just signed up with a solo card which is no where need a credit card :)

Brammers
19-02-07, 12:28
Well done KK :D

We recommend PayPal for creditcard payments!

That is the best piece of advice I've seen for paying for the game!

One question what do PayPal charge on top of the subscription, or are the charges included in the €9.99 subscription charge?

Brammers
19-02-07, 12:48
There is a slight issue with Paypal if you are creating a new account in the English launcher.

If it comes up in the German language you can change it to English by selecting USA in the "Land" (German for Country) dropdown, and then to get the UK Select "United Kingdom" from the Country box again.

NAPPER
19-02-07, 12:53
the new payment is all good and that but CLICK TO PAY has stilll got my account and they are not letting me have it

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138001

datacubed
19-02-07, 12:54
Brammers: Were you not able to "switch" to the PayPal method on an existing account or just creating a new one from the start?

I still dont see the way to "switch" methods on an existing account... can create a new one I suppose

Brammers
19-02-07, 12:56
Brammers: Were you not able to "switch" to the PayPal method on an existing account or just creating a new one from the start?

I still dont see the way to "switch" methods on an existing account... can create a new one I suppose

I was trying to create a new account.

Edit: Read Snowcrash's first post about switching accounts.

unreal
19-02-07, 12:57
"Reactivate Account (PayPal)" - I'm given the option to reactivate via PayPal anyway, so hopefully it should work when I reactivate next. I could have reactivated last night but instead I spent 20 quid on a chinese, mmm Roast Duck. Good job. :D

SnowCrash
19-02-07, 13:00

As explained in the starting post: "If you wish to switch your current payment method to PayPal you need to cancel your game account and let your remaining game time expire. Then reactivate your game account with PayPal in the Neocron 2 Launcher account management and select your desired subscription model."

Zerion
19-02-07, 13:45
I think KK likes me... :D
My account was done with C2P on the 18th of this month...and my account it now active with Paypal. <3 KK...<3

silent000
19-02-07, 15:55
+1 player Nice one KK

Foo
19-02-07, 16:16
Tho its a nice move and i hope it works out. For those of us who don't use CC's it sucks :(, hope we get the chance to use paypal to soon.

Kierz
19-02-07, 16:21
is there any coincidence with this and my account not auto-reactivating on friday.. i've been subscribed to c2p since sept 2004 auto renewing each time... or was it the *cough* nub i got from account@neocron.com that changed my account email instead of my c2p email...

jini
19-02-07, 16:50
Great news for paypal and all the luck for this new service.

Unfortunately, I tried to reactivate my account last saturday -a bit before you enable PP- using my CC thru paynova service. So I proceed as far as depositing the ammount on their "pseudo wallet thingy", but when they were about to actually realise the payment, they asked me to fax photocopies of accounts, ID cards, personal info and all that. That shit makes me go ballistic. It's a violation of sensitive personal Data this and i will not going to let them have them.

Please Snow, someone from KK cancel my account so I can enable PP. Ihave sent this by email as well and got a ticket# 2007021905012632.
I will personaly deal with them later :p just cancel the account

Siuko
19-02-07, 18:23
How exactly do I cancel my game account so that I can switch to using paypal?

I have logged onto my account page but I cannot seem to find anything that relates to cancelling my account?

Lodar
19-02-07, 18:34
How exactly do I cancel my game account so that I can switch to using paypal?

I have logged onto my account page but I cannot seem to find anything that relates to cancelling my account?

Accounts can be cancelled using the NC2 launcher. If you click on "Your Account" down the left hand side, then enter your account details, you'll be presented with the option to cancel said account.

unreal
19-02-07, 18:38
Just as a note in case you're thinking "WTF", once you "cancel" your account, you'll have to wait until the current gametime period expires before getting the option to reactivate via one of the available methods again. I'm sure the pages are pretty self explanatory and explain that to you.

Siuko
19-02-07, 19:08
I have done as you mentioned....

Still no option to cancel my account?

Does it being with PayByCash make any difference?

Lightpipe
19-02-07, 20:09
I have done as you mentioned....

Still no option to cancel my account?

Does it being with PayByCash make any difference?

Its the same for me, I'm with PaybyCash and in the within the accounts option, there is no cancel my account option

Dribble Joy
19-02-07, 20:13
Just as a note in case you're thinking "WTF", once you "cancel" your account, you'll have to wait until the current gametime period expires before getting the option to reactivate via one of the available methods again. I'm sure the pages are pretty self explanatory and explain that to you.
Exactly, if you've got 2 months of game time left then cancelling is rather daft.

Morpheous
19-02-07, 20:29
If you've had an expired account with C2P and then reactivate via PayPal, is that meant to work?

Only i've done that and got:
Your Account
No subscription found

Recipt from PayPal is there but nothing from KK. I'm just going to fire off accounts@ an email but just letting people know that might potentially be an issue. Or i'm doing something wrong. ¬_¬

Oh, and KK, slight UI bug: when you hit 'return to merchant', it drops you back to step one.

dark_reaper
19-02-07, 20:52
I am not getting a option for paypal. hmmmm.

Morpheous
19-02-07, 21:33
Hm- one to watch out for. The subscription link seems to persist in being the old one till you log out and in again, at which point your PayPal details show up on the main Your Account page.

No problems, then- nice job, KK!

Neally
19-02-07, 21:59
I hope very good decisions after this one will follow up.
I think Ima come back, I haven't tried the balance yet.

that's a good point anyway, may keeps our players and bring new ones.

/N^

dark_reaper
19-02-07, 23:41
now how in the hell i can switch over to PayPal. My thing says I am an PBC user. Would I have to create a new account?

Lightpipe
19-02-07, 23:48
now how in the hell i can switch over to PayPal. My thing says I am an PBC user. Would I have to create a new account?

Exactly, and there are no options to change to paypal, I dont even have any game time left!

unreal
19-02-07, 23:56
Exactly, if you've got 2 months of game time left then cancelling is rather daft.How so? If you don't cancel your account your account is automatically reactived once your current gametime period expires (or at least it does with Click2Pay), and if you do cancel, your account still remains active until the current gametime period is over, so it doesn't matter if you cancel or not. I've always reactivated my account then cancelled it immediately afterwards so I can decide if I still want to reactivate or not the next time round rather than forgetting about it and being billed even if I'm a bit tired of Neocron. I suppose I'm a tight arse in that respect, but every little bit of money saved helps towards paying for this and that.

...usually helps to pay for the odd Roast Duck from the Chinese Takeaway come to think of it. :D

Lightpipe
20-02-07, 00:01
Once your account is set to PBC. There doesn't seem to be any options to cancel your account or change your payment method

forcefullpower
20-02-07, 00:04
If you are with PBC then there is currently no way of changing from login screen.

I checked another account that has also run out but was still with C2P and that gave me the option of pay pal.

Lightpipe
20-02-07, 00:06
If you are with PBC then there is currently no way of changing from login screen.

I checked another account that has also run out but was still with C2P and that gave me the option of pay pal.

That is incorrect, its seems that only accounts that have been PBC enabled does NOT let you cancel your account or change to Paypal

RaYzR
20-02-07, 00:16
I contacted account@neocron.com and they fixed that issue for me.

Lightpipe
20-02-07, 00:25
I did that over an hour ago, and still waiting....

Trivaldi
20-02-07, 01:39
Remember that the forums are not an official support route and that it has been stated that any and all problems with using the new payment method including changing from one method to another (C2P, PBC -> PayPal) should be reported to the Neocron Account Support Team via account@neocron.com.

This allows your problems to be seen and addressed directly by the staff that are able to deal with them. With this in mind please respect that this is only the first day of the new service and due to this the support team will be dealing with more traffic than usual meaning you may have to wait a little while for a response, however the team does intend to address all issues within 24 hours.

If you are currently having issues and have e-mailed Account Support please be patient - your ticket will be addressed as soon as possible.

Triv

Lightpipe
20-02-07, 01:55
Thanks for the response Triv

Jodo
20-02-07, 02:31
Great stuff. Inoticed an increase in pop for a monday night.

Rogue Arson
20-02-07, 04:56
woot! Once I figure out how to cancel paybycash, I'll be renewin' with paypal.

Kudoos KK =)

Zerion
20-02-07, 06:05
Great stuff. Inoticed an increase in pop for a monday night.
Agreed, I saw server population at 17% for the first time, since I returned.

Lunascape
20-02-07, 09:08
On the bright side I use PayPal direct from my bank acct. with a Debit Card signed on, and it worked fine. So I think basically if you can use PayPal, you can subscribe :) More good news ^_^

<--- Returning Player, joy ;)

st0rmkr0w
20-02-07, 10:42
As soon as my personal finances are in order, I, too, will be resubscribing to Neocron. Just wanted to make it known that KK did the right thing!

dark_reaper
20-02-07, 18:38
woo hoo, i have just re-subscribed.

Odin
20-02-07, 18:42
Yup if you have a PBC account you'll still need to contact us at account@neocron.com just like you would with the switching back to C2P. Seeing if we can get that part resolved or not.

Bishop Yutani
20-02-07, 19:06
Great news! I'll be back in next thursday.

Going to mexico for a week, but when i'm back, watch yourselves.

Nullvoid
21-02-07, 02:22
Paypal ehh, I do believe I'm going to have to reactivate :)

SnowCrash
21-02-07, 14:12
There is an info update in the starting post regarding PaybyCash switching issues.

Skusty
21-02-07, 17:24
Awesome.

Tickles
21-02-07, 21:25
Just a thought, but have you guys sent an email around telling people that Paypal can now be used? I haven't got one which i'm assuming means no one else has and would def be a good idea to do seeing as it was one of the major issues for people leaving.

Dogface
21-02-07, 23:06
Just a thought, but have you guys sent an email around telling people that Paypal can now be used? I haven't got one which i'm assuming means no one else has and would def be a good idea to do seeing as it was one of the major issues for people leaving.

Quoted for emphasism KK, take note.

RaYzR
22-02-07, 03:15
I'd say that is the primary reason for leaving, as I couldn't even pay KK even though I wanted to. Never had such a difficult time trying to give my money to someone.

mystery8
23-02-07, 06:06
Great news!