PDA

View Full Version : Crash Course in evo2.2

Toxen
14-02-07, 02:41
Partly for myself partly for any other vets coming back. I think someone needs to write up a crash course in evo2.2 from the current retail telling us generally whats changed at this point (I know eve2.2 development is underway but a general idea of whats different how things work now is still achievable) What things called in retail are now called in evo2.2 how setups have changed and how to tweak existing setups from retail to a 2.2 standard etc.

I've been away since just before the 2.2 discussions started and frankly looking at the game now im quite lost... mostly the names of items are throwing me but setups too.

Dribble Joy
14-02-07, 03:12
Given the potential (!?!) for significant change down the line, any detailed advice would/could be pointless and/or downright damaging.
Main points though:

Armour is hit location specific, each zone will need to be balanced such that neither is at danger. PAs add to all hit zones so the can be used to either style the hitzone armour and/or compliment it.
For example I use on TS camo PA (fire and poison) and crahn armours and then spec accordingly in con where need be (xray armour is rare appart from on some PAs).

Shields, armour and resists are now separate factors in affecting damage taken (unlike in 2.1 where resists add to a total armour value).

Weapon system is largely the same though some skills affect stats differently (TC affecting aim on high tech weapons for example).

Lifewaster
14-02-07, 09:34
The Weapon influence factors listed in this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136817) are still generally accurate in 2.2 atm.

Most arent dramatically different to 2.1 in the case of guns , allthough Psi is quite changed. Monks will now need to spec almost as high MST (focussing) as they spec in APU/PPU.

CritiNator
20-02-07, 22:59
Biggest change thou (imo) is the APU nerf.
1: Monks have targetting reticle now. It looks like normal weapon aim. You can cast when you have target at biggest, but it wont do as much dmg compared to small reticle. So longer you aim, better dmg.
2: HL with capped PSI & INT normal retail setup has freq of 30-40's/minute
3: Theres new spells for APU and PPU. Holy firestorm is big barrel now.
4: Fire apoc does pure fire. Looks like viable option for pvp.

Theres too much change to cover up in few posts.
Take a look at Test server and see your self.

-Crit

=REMUS=
22-02-07, 21:46
How about tanks? We getting anything?

Will monks get anything in exchange for the nerf?