PDA

View Full Version : Getting my surgery in ... 60mins... wish me luck

jini
10-02-07, 11:02
Here I go. Time has come for my little operation.... like this one here click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2D1ig4df4) only a tad easier, since im only changing the cpu.

Bramms, I found a 939 2 core AMD and also, at a very nice price. Only 120e weeeheee

Wish me luck guys :p

Powerpunsh
10-02-07, 11:31
good luck jini. ;)

Apocalypsox
10-02-07, 11:47
yar FAIL! Does dis mean your goin Vista? 4tl.

jini
10-02-07, 12:13
Well I'll be damned!!!! it worked .... yipeeeee

No, I wont upgrade to Vista, unless my very close friend, Koshinn send me one of his bus. editions :p

Get ready bitches, for some Pwnage :D

jini
10-02-07, 12:28
Update #1: there was NO, i repeat: NO difference to fps drop while getting shot by anything on TS !!!

Before I contact support, I will try with minimum reinstallations, or full reinstalling everything

Powerpunsh
10-02-07, 12:45
hehe
buy a c2d from intel and u'll get leet fps like me. :p
leet (http://mitglied.lycos.de/dsdclan2/Leet.JPG)

unreal
10-02-07, 17:13
vSync off in Neocron = bad when zoning, plus having FPS high as that just means you'll get tearing, so no it's not leet. :rolleyes: Congrats though Jini. I really thought you were having a proper (medical) operation though until I read your post. :p

Codrum
10-02-07, 18:18
FPS drops while getting shot? I had that too until I turned my Audio Hardware Acceleration off, which is a pain in the ass to have to do it all the time since some of my games get screwed up if I dont turn it back on.

If you're using WinXP, right click on your volume icon near the clock, click Adjust Audio Properties, click the Advanced... button near the bottom in the Speaker settings box, click the Performance tab in the new window that pops up, then drag the Hardware acceleration meter all the way to None.
I have tried the settings between None and Full, and I tried changing the Sample rate conversion quality, the only one that works for me is acceleration --> None.

I never have to adjust these settings for any other game or program on my computer as long as I leave it set at Full, and I have the lastest drivers for my sound harware, AC'97, its onboard(or intergrated, whatever you want to call it) which I have heard that that is the problem, I just need to get a seperate sound card and everything should work, right? ;)

jini
11-02-07, 09:03
cpu and lots of ram is now at their best. computer runs fast with no fatigue signs at all.

I have tried everyhting I could, from turning off accel, the sound from ingame option, and last disabling the onboard soundcard. Nothing works. when I am getting shot, especially from spiders using 4shot bursts, fps goes to 4 instead of 2 :p

Also, it's only in the test server. 2.1 runs like a dream... :rolleyes: I dont think anybody can help, except those that made it, like KK

Jason Parker
11-02-07, 16:10
FPS drops while getting shot? I had that too until I turned my Audio Hardware Acceleration off, which is a pain in the ass to have to do it all the time since some of my games get screwed up if I dont turn it back on.

If you're using WinXP, right click on your volume icon near the clock, click Adjust Audio Properties, click the Advanced... button near the bottom in the Speaker settings box, click the Performance tab in the new window that pops up, then drag the Hardware acceleration meter all the way to None.
I have tried the settings between None and Full, and I tried changing the Sample rate conversion quality, the only one that works for me is acceleration --> None.

I never have to adjust these settings for any other game or program on my computer as long as I leave it set at Full, and I have the lastest drivers for my sound harware, AC'97, its onboard(or intergrated, whatever you want to call it) which I have heard that that is the problem, I just need to get a seperate sound card and everything should work, right? ;)

Not exactly, it might work as long as you keep your Hands away from Creative's crap. The Hardware isn't bad, but it seems noone there knows how to write proper drivers. Whenever I used any Creative Card after the 5.1 Player (also tried all of the Audigies) it endet me up getting Blue Screens and freezes especialy in NC but also in a lot of other games.
So I stick to my AC 97 integrated and leave HW Acc off, and everything's fine, haven't had any BS or freeze for a long time.

unreal
11-02-07, 19:25
I've been using Creative Cards all my life and have never had a single problem with either the hardware or official (and non-official for that matter) drivers, so I wouldn't just completely blame Creative. ;)

jini
11-02-07, 20:51
guys, its not jut a simple single thing of flipping a switch or placing a tick mark here or there, or we would have found it already. I have tried switching sound on or off, same effect. I have tried disabling the sound card from the manage list.. same effect
its not simple

KK is the only onethat can help us. I remember i used to get this bug long time ago, but after sequencial patches and pc upgrades it got solved

CMaster
11-02-07, 21:04
guys, its not jut a simple single thing of flipping a switch or placing a tick mark here or there, or we would have found it already. I have tried switching sound on or off, same effect. I have tried disabling the sound card from the manage list.. same effect
its not simple

KK is the only onethat can help us. I remember i used to get this bug long time ago, but after sequencial patches and pc upgrades it got solved

But have you tried adjusting hardware sound acceleration to off. Because thats quite a different thing to disabling the sounnd card. That not to say that you haven't tried and that it isn't something else.

Rough image guide attached to ensure that you've been there and done that.

jini
12-02-07, 07:37
I have done this exact procedure. But every time i switch it to none, then it switches back to full on itself. Hence, why I disabled the card in the hardware level. I will focus moew on this subject when i can play again later today though, as I see you insist in this matter.

CMaster
12-02-07, 12:12
I have done this exact procedure. But every time i switch it to none, then it switches back to full on itself. Hence, why I disabled the card in the hardware level. I will focus moew on this subject when i can play again later today though, as I see you insist in this matter.

Interesting that it readjusts itself.
Anyway, its probably not that then, Just wanted to ensure it had been completely eliminated.

tarasm
12-02-07, 18:54
New Alienware FTW !!!!!!!

jini
15-02-07, 13:18
So, the new patch fixed the fps lag I was experiencing. Tbh, I was expecting to fix it, as soon as I heard that they stopped recording those log files. So, I suspect that every time I was getting hit, HD was being accessed, therefore the whole PC was slowing down. I don't understand why this was happening since, I thought M$ was already using parallel processing, but anyway.. Since its fixed I won't try to find out the reason for this.

NC 2.2 is getting better and better. Good stuff

Brammers
15-02-07, 13:51
So, the new patch fixed the fps lag I was experiencing. Tbh, I was expecting to fix it, as soon as I heard that they stopped recording those log files. So, I suspect that every time I was getting hit, HD was being accessed, therefore the whole PC was slowing down. I don't understand why this was happening since, I thought M$ was already using parallel processing, but anyway.. Since its fixed I won't try to find out the reason for this.

NC 2.2 is getting better and better. Good stuff

Are your drives SATA or IDE?

jini
15-02-07, 16:03
its one and SATA