PDA

View Full Version : New payment method for credit card users

SnowCrash
09-02-07, 10:40
By the middle of next week another payment method for credit card users will be available via PayPal (http://www.paypal.com). More details will follow when the service has been activated.

silent000
09-02-07, 10:42
Thats sexy mr Snowcrash! Paypal has never let me down! wewt, will we be able to switch from c2p quite easily tho?

First post ftw :D

StevenJ
09-02-07, 10:52
Sexy :D

C2P: Cancelled!

Kierz
09-02-07, 11:01
now that's one hell of a nice surprise =]

Riddle
09-02-07, 11:08
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

That's truly Fantastic news! no more C2P threads wohoo

rob444
09-02-07, 11:22
omfg... It's brilliant. Paypal is available in almost all countries in the world, this is really good news. I can see the nc population raise already!

Brammers
09-02-07, 11:29
KK thats the best news I've heard for ages!

P.S. I take it the Royal Bank of Scotland aka Worldpay payment method will still be coming?

Obsidian X
09-02-07, 11:44
Best....news....ever! :D

Dr J Zoidberg
09-02-07, 11:44
This is the best news I have heard in ages. C2P just seems to "Dick everyone around"

PayPal will make the payment procedure so much easier.

Good job kk. :)

-Will

CMaster
09-02-07, 11:45
P.S. I take it the Royal Bank of Scotland aka Worldpay payment method will still be coming?

Perhaps we were wrong about Worldpay. Although more payment options are always good, so if we get a choice of PbC, WorldPay, Paypal and C2P it should end people ever not being able to pay (unless they actually can't afford it).

Dr J Zoidberg
09-02-07, 11:54
At the moment even, I am waiting to get my accounts reactivated to click2pay (as at the moment all a can pay with is paybycash. But i doubt ill bother with it now seeing as paypal will become a viable option.

-Will

RogerRamjet
09-02-07, 12:39
Nice one guys, all you gotta do now is get 2.2 right :D

nellus
09-02-07, 13:11
That truly is excellent news, lets hope paypal don't get bogged down as everybody transfers their accounts over to them. :p

Siuko
09-02-07, 13:23
Fantastic news!!

Used paypal loads and never had any issues and they are also normally very quick at taking the money from my account - which is a good thing!! :D

My next question is - whats the procedure to move from PayByCash to Paypal payment.... and will it be free to move?

Do we know yet how much it will be too...

Nice one KK! :D

Jodo
09-02-07, 13:51
SEX!

Thats fantastic. It's clearly been a difficult thing for you to do, due to other commitments, so well done. Really, really good news.

LiL T
09-02-07, 14:12
Very nice :)

Bredahl
09-02-07, 16:53

Sweet!!!!! :D

Bishop Yutani
09-02-07, 19:04
</lurk>
HELL YES
Good work KK
<lurk>

unreal
09-02-07, 19:22
Excellent news. I'm still sad that it couldn't have happened sooner when it really could have helped boost the population by a fair amount. At least someone has finally woken up regarding the matter and done what's best. Good job. :)

Off-Topic Note: Hopefully with at least one globally reliable and reputed payment method there will be some thought into making ex-players want to come back and play Neocron. I doubt any small tweaks on the retail server will be implemented to make it generally playable as 2.2 will be the excuse for not doing anything else whatsoever. The retail servers will remain pretty much dead in general for many months to come until a handful of people come back to test the results of 2.2 before probably leaving again.

So only a couple of other things need to be mentioned: Events and Storyline. Has it already been 4months without any storyline updates? (and before then I didn't really consider spider spawns for half the year much of a storyline) Who works (or clearly doesn't work) on this? There was meant to be some statement about both the current GM, Event and Storyline situations but there hasn't. [ edited ]

Zerion
09-02-07, 20:43
Go KK. Seriously, major Kudos...

Apocalypsox
09-02-07, 20:45
Fuck Yeah! NOW EVERYONE START THE MASS ADVERTISING!! We Can Save Nc Yet!!! :D :D :D

Nidhogg
09-02-07, 21:05
Unreal, I don't want to worry you, but you know when you post stuff in small print? Yeah, I can still read that. If you have a problem with the GMs, tell it to Snowcrash.

Dogface
09-02-07, 22:29
Good job KK :D

Now I would advise KK to send out emails to every ex-player they can informing them of the new payment options available to them, as I'm sure there are people that quit due to payment methods.

Dead Bodies
09-02-07, 22:30
Oh My GoD i ThInK i'Ve JuSt CuM........

I'm sending the link to Bluelights right now...

Seezur001
09-02-07, 22:36
WOOHOO!

Best news I've had all week. Now I'm seriously wanting to come back.

unreal
09-02-07, 22:57
[ edited ]

bluelights
09-02-07, 22:59
Oh My GoD i ThInK i'Ve JuSt CuM........

I'm sending the link to Bluelights right now...

hubba hubba hubba !!! finally this might just start the return rush to neocrack !!!! now i just gotta sort out a pc !

Leebzie
09-02-07, 23:37
Hooray :D

I was thinking about NC and I saw this and thats it - i'm coming back.

Lol, actually I was thinking so much about coming back after I read it, I couldnt help but want to signup right now... Heres a rundown of my experience.

This is a blow by blow account of my last hour with smilies indicating mood per step. My apologies, I get kinda angry by the end...

- :D Wow ! Paypal, finally !...A week away. I can wait.
- :) No. I cant.
- :) I'll just activate for a bit via C2P
- :) Hmmm can't quite rememeber my password.
- :) *tries a few logins*
- :mad: damn, locked out for 15 mins
- :rolleyes: Waits.
- :) Tries again, gets login right.
- :confused: Goes to reactivate account...What, something about not being able to reactivate via c2p... have to activate via PBC. Ok
- o_O WTF ?! PBC take like, every form of money there is, except a debit/credit card. WTF
- :) Remembers his second account.
- :) Hmmm can't quite rememeber my password.
- :) *tries a few logins*
- :mad: locked out AGAIN.
- :mad: Waits. Finds an NC2 Disk.
- :mad: Get password reset to ensure its right this time.
- :( Finally logs into an accout he can upgrade
- :mad: Sees he has to pay a licence charge. I KNOW I've paid for like 4 copies of this game now.
- :( But f**k it, this time, you win.
- :mad: Continues, filling in endless amounts of data
- :mad: Gets to C2P. Cant login, tries a few usernames and passwords remembered from last time. 'Your account is locked'. F**king great.
- :( Tries to make a new C2P account. But it wont give me one without a new email address. Right, fine, f**k off then.
- Here on the forum trying to find out if there is any other way to do this...

I cant express how angry this makes me. This is the 5th time ive tried to return within 18 months, and AGAIN I am stopped because for some strange reason, I find it impossible to actually hand over my money.

Anyway. Am VERY glad to hear paypal will be available , and lets hope that I dont have to make a 'this is crazy !!! arhghghgg!!!' style thread to express my hate of C2P.

ashley watts
10-02-07, 00:27
Sexy if you have paypal *Sniffles* :(

tarasm
10-02-07, 02:55
Yay,C2P is history....I need ERA has started

Toxen
10-02-07, 04:18
*humps KK's leg* YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skusty
10-02-07, 10:53
Awesome!!

vices
10-02-07, 10:56
Ho-Ho-Ho-Holy SHI---

Kierz
10-02-07, 12:03
- :mad: Gets to C2P. Cant login, tries a few usernames and passwords remembered from last time. 'Your account is locked'. F**king great.i'm getting this too, how come c2p have locked a load of our accounts? :p (not that i care now \o/ paypal \o/)

also just wondering but do many other mmorpgs use paypal or has nc gone from having the worst payment methods to the best? =]

Dribble Joy
11-02-07, 00:49
Sex in all your naughty holes.

Brammers
11-02-07, 04:17
Ok on the THN forums (http://forum.techhaven.org/viewtopic.php?t=2637) s, an interesting discussion point has come up, and that is why only credit cards are only being accepted via PayPal.

I can only ask at this point in time for KK to clear this little question up when the final details come out later this week for PayPal.

Siuko
11-02-07, 13:08
I'm guessing here but I think it will just be any form of payment that PayPal usually collect.

I cant imagine them 'only' accepting credit cards when they definitely do accept things like UK debit cards etc. Why would PayPal want to change a system they have that works great?

But its only a guess and who knows... not long to wait to find out though :D

Weazel646
11-02-07, 14:03
Well like i said on THN Forums i have been using paypal for everything online and i use my rubbish little solo card (no debit card or credit cant go overdrawn) and i have never had a problem with it and can set up subscriptions the lot on my card so i think you WILL be able to use payapal with any card you have got ( which will be about time :)) :D

Lunascape
12-02-07, 07:47
Awesome news. My concern though, will we be able to subscribe both boxed and trial accounts via paypal? I finally heard back from Click2Pay, they're saying now that they're "Not allowing any new US accounts to be created at this time." :mad:

Riddle
12-02-07, 12:34
Thought the clue was in the thread title?

New payment method for CREDIT CARD Users.

Thats as much clarification as you need.

RusSki
12-02-07, 22:06
great news and its only taken how long and lost you how any customers in the process?

vices
13-02-07, 09:26
great news and its only taken how long and lost you how any customers in the process?

A lot of customers.. youre right about that. But at the same time look at how many people have passed by lately and left because of C2P. Why wouldnt people pass by now and start playing with PayPal?

Dogface
13-02-07, 15:00
I think the phrase people are looking for is "better late than never".

Dribble Joy
13-02-07, 16:00
Presumably you have a deal with PP such that only customers signed up with a CC can use it. What about debit cards?
Will there still be options for payment by bank transfer or other for those without a card of some sort?

If it's all going CC-wards, does this mean the game is intending to return to a more mature theme?

Faid
13-02-07, 17:09
I think the phrase people are looking for is "better late than never".
Another phrase also comes to mind: "Too little too late"

Jodo
13-02-07, 18:39
If it's all going CC-wards, does this mean the game is intending to return to a more mature theme?

I fucking wish!

RusSki
13-02-07, 19:10
Another phrase also comes to mind: "Too little too late"

Agreed.

To vets who left and people who just didnt bother because of the chore of paying the subs, prove us wrong.
I want you too.

Foo
14-02-07, 00:17
This is indeed a great move, kudos. Just one thing tho (sorry if someone else brought it up) but only credit cards via paypal? so i cant just send a payment via pp useing my debit card (which i do all time for my game time cards for EvE).

silent000
14-02-07, 00:46
This is indeed a great move, kudos. Just one thing tho (sorry if someone else brought it up) but only credit cards via paypal? so i cant just send a payment via pp useing my debit card (which i do all time for my game time cards for EvE).

Yo Foo send me an eve mail to CrackerC, i need some friends in eve :(

silent000
14-02-07, 14:53
Wow 19th Febuary! What a birthday present that is :D

Double post ftw?

Nidhogg
14-02-07, 15:01
Yeah, sorry about the delay. Better to have these extra few days than potentially irate customers. ;)

jini
14-02-07, 18:49
It arrives at the right time. Visa changed my original card to a new one for fraud protection, so I can't even imagine what I would have to endure to pass c2p new card :rolleyes:

Tsukasa
15-02-07, 02:59
Will we be able to buy Neocron 2 using paypal???

Havoc One
15-02-07, 12:39
Oh dear gawd. Monday now??? You obviously have no idea how bad I'm jonesing.....

I cleared my schedual. Covered my desk with Triscuits, chocolate, Coka Cola and Bushmill's.

New pack of Depends, new carton of Camel's and some of grandma's pills that keep her from falling alseep every 5 minutes....

I freakin BATHED for this...

If I don't get on soon ----I just might lose it.

ppppbbbbbtttthhh..... O_o

Snedex
15-02-07, 12:44
Hooray :D

woot, nice to see you coming back .. at last

Jodo
15-02-07, 21:20
There's some promsing feedback in this thread. Ex players signalling a comback or at least getting the itch again.

Have KK sent out an offical email to all ex customers so we can reach those who don't visit the forums much or at all?

vices
15-02-07, 21:40
There's some promsing feedback in this thread. Ex players signalling a comback or at least getting the itch again.

Have KK sent out an offical email to all ex customers so we can reach those who don't visit the forums much or at all?

I believe not, but they definately should

Tsukasa
16-02-07, 01:36

if they are going to do a mass e-mail they should wait till the release of 2.2 first and then tell of all the changes they made

Lunascape
16-02-07, 02:31
Oh dear gawd. Monday now??? You obviously have no idea how bad I'm jonesing.....

I cleared my schedual. Covered my desk with Triscuits, chocolate, Coka Cola and Bushmill's.

New pack of Depends, new carton of Camel's and some of grandma's pills that keep her from falling alseep every 5 minutes....

I freakin BATHED for this...

If I don't get on soon ----I just might lose it.

ppppbbbbbtttthhh..... O_o

:lol: *ROFL* :lol: I wish I could fit that into a sig quote. ;p :D

Jodo
16-02-07, 02:44
if they are going to do a mass e-mail they should wait till the release of 2.2 first and then tell of all the changes they made

Yeah, maybe. But at that point, you could say they should've waited til 2.2 was out before giving us Paypal to use again.

Dribble Joy
16-02-07, 04:36
Yeah, maybe. But at that point, you could say they should've waited til 2.2 was out before giving us Paypal to use again.
The earlier they can get a new payment system out the better, no point bleeding out more players while 2.2 is in test.

optiplex
16-02-07, 12:12
Now that they have the payment system, now they have to release the 2.2 patch and done!

nabbl
16-02-07, 12:34
well ... releasing an incomplete evo2.2 packet would hurt the playercount more than evo2.1 does now.

Nidhogg
16-02-07, 13:17
We don't want to release 2.2 to an adoring public (;)) with potentially two support drains. Better to get PayPal out in the open, tested and working, and then concentrate on the 2.2 release.

datacubed
18-02-07, 06:09
Well, if this PayPal system really goes live then I'll be coming back to the game.... and would have come back years ago if it was in place (along with about 10-15 other NC friends that quit due to payment reasons as well)...

Cheers --

PS: If PayPal works out then I'll be starting some mass NC advertising to my friends... ppl always looking for a good cyberpunk game.

Apocalypsox
18-02-07, 06:51
yes....YES.....YESSSS!!!!!

KK you SERIOUSLY need to stop fucking around with all your puny little "Go-Kart" games and realize your sitting on a farking gold mine if you ran shit right. Getting rid of Click2pay is the first step

Xeno LARD
18-02-07, 17:03
I'll be back if paypal works. [ edited ]

silent000
18-02-07, 19:33
KK shud nuke c2p

Thats my part of this thread anyway

CMaster
18-02-07, 20:44
We don't want to release 2.2 to an adoring public (;)) with potentially two support drains. Better to get PayPal out in the open, tested and working, and then concentrate on the 2.2 release.

Thats rather a change of tune, but a welcome one I should add.
Vivé more payment options!

Morpheous
18-02-07, 21:36
Waiting till I can reactivate. Got everything reinstalled when I heard the news.

<3 you KK.

Tsukasa
19-02-07, 05:56
make paypal live already it must be monday over there already

datacubed
19-02-07, 06:28
It is... 5:30am here now.... I'm refreshing over and over until I see the PayPal option =)

Zerion
19-02-07, 08:47
/me excitedly waits for KK to awake...
It almost feels like Christmas...(I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that I just compared C2P's departure to Christmas, or the fact that it's true)

SnowCrash
19-02-07, 12:01
Here you go! (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138012)