PDA

View Full Version : =====> Another PvP Op-Fight test event on Quan, Friday 16th at Feb 19:00 GMT<=====

Brammers
03-02-07, 14:56
Next OP Fight Friday 16th at Feb 19:00 GMT - Click Here For Details (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2053247&postcount=65)

On Tuesday 6th at Feb 19:00 GMT a load of us are gathering on the test server for a PvP op-fight at Jeriko, and maybe some other ops afterwards.

A few of us have had a fight before on the test server, but it's time we had another.

To keep things simple, it will be a red vs blue fight. There is a NPC in the Neocronstruct if you want to switch sides.

Any questions, including setting up characters and the test install, post them here.

Added by Trivaldi - Links Updated.

Quan Op Fight I (Lo-Res) 46megs (http://www.techhaven.org/downloads/task,doc_details/gid,114/)
Quan Op Fight I (Hi-Res) 107megs (http://www.techhaven.org/downloads/task,doc_details/gid,115/)

rob444
03-02-07, 16:00
Make sure you bring screenshots of the event, I want to see it :(.

Pantho
03-02-07, 16:03
Ill Be There!

silent000
03-02-07, 16:20
Oh if Pantho is there i may have to show up ;)

unreal
03-02-07, 16:26
Don't forget to watch out for REVENGE on local, you know it'll happen. :p

gamefreak
03-02-07, 16:42
Don't forget to watch out for REVENGE on local, you know it'll happen. :p
Wow, seems like I'm not the onlyone with that idea 8|

Dribble Joy
03-02-07, 16:48
This an opportunity to find out some of the big issues in larger scale PvP. There are known issues that affect it currently (PPUs and the lack of nano-tech) and there's going to be a patch vaguely soon, but it's still important.

We need to get people playing the TS more and more, yes there's problems with GMs, pokers, etc., but there's no point having it if people don't use it.

jini
03-02-07, 16:59
me, I was killed by the fact that my whole setup that i was finetuning for weeks died with the changes.
What I suggest is maybe for some to post some generic setups so that lazies like me, will copy and test. Unfortunatelly Im having less and less time for that thing...

Brammers
03-02-07, 17:05
Make sure you bring screenshots of the event, I want to see it :(.

I'll try, and I'll also try and fraps it as well. Although it may turn out to be footage of "You are dead...." :D

unreal
03-02-07, 17:09
The majority that hope this is more than a waste of time are waiting for the new Heal Tools and such, which still haven't been completed. Not a good sign when it takes a couple of months to add a few items that are more than likely going to be tweaked replicas of the spell equivalents.

Are most of the NPC's on the Test Server still borked at the moment or did they eventually get fixed? I haven't logged in to the Test Server since the patch was added that broke them.

Dribble Joy
03-02-07, 17:25
me, I was killed by the fact that my whole setup that i was finetuning for weeks died with the changes.
What I suggest is maybe for some to post some generic setups so that lazies like me, will copy and test. Unfortunatelly Im having less and less time for that thing...
Here's a rough setup I've bashed together quickly:

Xbow/Judge:
CCP, SWAT, PPR, Balance Advancer 1.03, Exp reflex, WoC PA1, redflash. All gamma bones, Strengthen heart.
Heavy kevlar/lvl 2 inq in each hitzone.
90 HTL, 46 fire, 65 energy (50 base), 96 xray (50 base), 79 poison (68 base).
50 base TC, about 190 total PC, rest of dex in agl, all int in wep.
About 50 in resist force/piercing.

Should work reasonably well I hope, I'll have a look at the numbers a bit more before the time.

Nano-techs/heal tools are going in next patch, which should be reasonably soonish.

jini
03-02-07, 21:19
thx DJ.. i will start using this and attend that event (i hope)

Safunte
04-02-07, 04:27
The majority that hope this is more than a waste of time are waiting for the new Heal Tools and such, which still haven't been completed. Not a good sign when it takes a couple of months to add a few items that are more than likely going to be tweaked replicas of the spell equivalents.

Are most of the NPC's on the Test Server still borked at the moment or did they eventually get fixed? I haven't logged in to the Test Server since the patch was added that broke them.

APPARENTLY, the nano technologies and heal tools and such are "in testing"... implying they are completed and being tested by devs. But we all know everything that comes into game, has serious and obvious faults, so they're not really testing, they're just buying more time.
which they dont need to do, we already dont expect to see 2.2 finished by any sort of deadline nor with its original proposed glory.

jini
04-02-07, 09:38
They have never actually said anything about finishing deadlines, even though I guess too, that they sliped from original plans. As about glory, we will have to see once they deliver it on retail...

edit: ffs I tried going in TS this morning to set jini up, and I had long syncs

Lifewaster
04-02-07, 19:55
Basic startup tips for first time testers:

1 -> Find the warp to get to the Neoconstruct , located in Plaza 1 , DOY city center, or MB entrance

2 -> Find the Money npc to get 10/20 mil

3 -> Visit the drugs/chems NPC to purchase the Main-skill loms to lvl up all your stats. ....tip : use the lvl 1 sta boosters when doing this

4 -> Get your imps , these are on the Hacknet NPC , the no-symp FSM vendors , the Rare items vendor, and the lvl1/2 imps vendors.

5 -> There is no auto-poker , so either find a GM or player to poke, or do it yourself by skilling int , (then re-lomming it out after) TL 150 self-poke tool is available at the 150 Tools npc. Note imps wont fall out when you die.

6 -> PAs , Armor and weapons are available from the smugglers/special armor vendors/FSM vendors/PSI smuggler

7 -> Getting WOC requires that you first cap your skills using the loms, then visit the "master npc" to get master status , get a woc disk from the wocomat npc , then wait for a GM to be available to give you the overcap exp..... then just visit the Woc savants to get it.

########################

Basic setup/resist tips:

Locate your dmg log file in the testdirectory/logs/charname_00
Use this to view your resists/armor vs the dmg you take. And tweak your setup accordingly. Further details can be found in this thread Test resists setup thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137505)

Or to simplify , just go for very high energy/pierce mainly ,because these are much more important now since modded weapons deal about 75% as primary dmg (energy/pierce) and 25% as modded dmg (xray/fire/force/etc)

The xbow is an exception dealing 60% xray/40% energy , thus speccing xray as a high secondary resist after pierce/energy is sensible.

Fire and poison should be specced as a somewhat lower third resist , since the only source of high dmg from these is APUS and hybrids.

Force should be specced as a lowest resist, since it is mainly only dealt in small amounts (25%) by modded weps .

#########################

Weapon choice tips:

Currently burst weapons are overly weak, an equal TL single shot or double shot weapon is far stronger.

For cannons : Ravager is strong, CS is weak.

For Pistols: xbow,boh,exe,rolh,wyatt,ceres handgun are strong , slasher,libby,judge are weak.

For rifles: HL,ROG,SH are strong , Dissy,FL are weak.

########################

Known issues to be aware of:

Holy PPU Shields give about 75% resist when self-cast, but foreign cast is only 15% ish , so dont expect a PPU to keep you alive for long.

Holy heal gives about 50/tick self cast, but only 15/tick foreign cast.

PEs/Spies should use their self cast tl 10 heal and self cast shields rather then foreign ppu shields/heals. Apart from primes the PE will need nothing and Spy will simply need "absorber" from a ppu.

Also if you zone after casting shields , your shields get reverted to "foreign cast" status , which doesnt make any diff if you have foreign shields on, but for PPUs/hybrids it has the effect of reducing your shields from 75% to 25% so be careful when zoning from a UG as a PPU. If possible its best to wait until after you zone to cast them.

Heals now work after zoning , but only at foreign cast status , so getting foreign heals prior to zoning works fine, but for PPUs its best to wait until after zoning to cast them as with shields.

silent000
04-02-07, 20:15
Im currently using a Desperado PE, because i tend not to jump on the bandwagon of using the raygun weps. Unless they got fixed? :confused:

But aye i will be at the OP war on a char called Propane most probably.

CMaster
04-02-07, 20:29
Im currently using a Desperado PE, because i tend not to jump on the bandwagon of using the raygun weps. Unless they got fixed? :confused:

Yes, rayguns got fixed. They are now not a bad choice of weapon, but not insanely powerful compared to everything else either.

Dribble Joy
04-02-07, 20:36
Personally, I wouldn't listen to Lifewaster :p, go for equal defences in all dmg types, especially now there's a lot more poison around.

silent000
04-02-07, 23:33
Yes, rayguns got fixed. They are now not a bad choice of weapon, but not insanely powerful compared to everything else either.

Aye just tested em....they r quite decent but as you say they have been nerfed alot, which is nice to see :D

Jason Parker
05-02-07, 14:30

Not quite true, RolH still does a bit to much DMG, but atm it tends to do no DMG even when the target was clearly hit. It's a 50/50 Chance on each shot^^.

For a starting Tank setup you could use this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137368) but it needs some tweeking still.

For info about DMG of H-C, Pistol and Rifle Rares have a look at this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137820) last column is possible DMG per Minute, the cloumn before is real Frequency in Shots per Minute and Number of Reloads per Minute.

I'll be there tomorrow, poking in front of the event in the Cronstruct.

nabbl
05-02-07, 14:34
yeah ... and i may fight with my apu :)

silent000
05-02-07, 15:06
Nabbl be on my team, u scare me :( Actually who wudnt wanna be on the Cracker's team :cool:

Brammers
05-02-07, 15:52
Hmm, I'll be on my APU as well, but I may bring my droner out, and maybe a rifle spy.

IceStorm
05-02-07, 18:46
We need to get people playing the TS more and more, yes there's problems with GMs, pokers, etc., but there's no point having it if people don't use it.Maybe if someone put a sticky at the top of the Balancing forum with the details on HOW TO USE THE TEST SERVER, with the details IN THE FIRST POST, more people would use it. If you keep the TS an "in" joke between you and the few others who play when GMs are awake, it won't get used by a broader audience.

Lifewaster's post is an example of what I'm talking about in terms of detail.

jini
06-02-07, 07:29
Personally, I wouldn't listen to Lifewaster :p, go for equal defences in all dmg types, especially now there's a lot more poison around.
Lifewaster is one of the besten testers I have ever met.
And very practical.
Much of 2.2 beta debugging occurs because of him.

Apocalypsox
06-02-07, 07:41
Count me in- me and my new uber nano spy wiv me ubar resitances

Lifewaster
06-02-07, 09:11
Known issues to be aware of:

Holy PPU Shields give about 75% resist when self-cast, but foreign cast is only 15% ish , so dont expect a PPU to keep you alive for long.

Holy heal gives about 50/tick self cast, but only 15/tick foreign cast.

PEs/Spies should use their self cast tl 10 heal and self cast shields rather then foreign ppu shields/heals. Apart from primes the PE will need nothing and Spy will simply need "absorber" from a ppu.

Also if you zone after casting shields , your shields get reverted to "foreign cast" status , which doesnt make any diff if you have foreign shields on, but for PPUs/hybrids it has the effect of reducing your shields from 75% to 25% so be careful when zoning from a UG as a PPU. If possible its best to wait until after you zone to cast them.

Heals now work after zoning , but only at foreign cast status , so getting foreign heals prior to zoning works fine, but for PPUs its best to wait until after zoning to cast them as with shields.

Well almost all of this is changed/fixed since yesterdays patch , so ignore it (DJ was right hehe :p)

Situation regarding the above as of patch 163 is as follows:

Holy ppu shields now give 85% self cast , 35% foreign cast. (up from 15%)
Holy heal now gives 65/tick self cast , 50/tick foreign cast. (up from 16/tick)

A hybrid casting holy shields now only gets 35% instead of 85%...and 50/tick heal instead of 65.

(so PPU support is quite useful now to all .....including PE who's self shields now range from 25-35% .....jones heal is 10/tick on a PE now (down from 20/tick)...so PPU heals are also benefit to a PE)

Nanite heals give 8.5/tick and also prevent you getting the foreign holy heal of 50/tick.....so avoid them unless you have no PPU around.

Nanite shields give a max of 35% (and require a lot of hassle to set up to achieve this much) , which is only the same as a foreign ppu shield, so again avoid them unless you have no PPU around. Nanite shields also prevent you from receiving any PPU shields at all and vice versa. More info on nanite usage here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137851)

Zoning with self shields/heals also works fine.

Main thing of note is shields now decay fast , 2 hits from a high TL weapon = 2% lost from the shield .....so 10 hits and your shield is down from 35% to 15%......but after 15% or so is lost from the base power (ie: the 35% is down to 30% ...or about 10 high TL hits have been taken) you are allowed to "refresh" it, or have your PPU refresh it. Refresh means a re-cast it while already in effect which resets the duration and strength. Trying to refresh sooner has no effect (same as in retail)

Its not currently possible to know in game whether your shield is "refreshable" or not, (except by viewing your dmg log to see the % resist for the latest dmg) So just use your own judgement , if it starts to seems like your taking a lot more dmg then go for a refresh etc......with shields lasting 3 mins its very likely you will need refreshing in a mass PvP long before the 3 min is up.

Lifewaster
06-02-07, 18:16
Situation regarding the above as of patch 163 is as follows:

Holy ppu shields now give 85% self cast , 35% foreign cast. (up from 15%)
Holy heal now gives 65/tick self cast , 50/tick foreign cast. (up from 16/tick)

A hybrid casting holy shields now only gets 35% instead of 85%...and 50/tick heal instead of 65.

(so PPU support is quite useful now to all .....including PE who's self shields now range from 25-35% .....jones heal is 10/tick on a PE now (down from 20/tick)...so PPU heals are also benefit to a PE)

Arg.........patched AGAIN...... see here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137860)

As of patch 164 , Foreign shields are now down to 25%.......foreign/hybrid heal is down to approx 30/tick

J J
06-02-07, 20:01
Can someone please point me to the post that describes how to set up the TS client etc, have a new pc and need to reinstall it but the original setup thread seems to have disappeared...

Lifewaster
06-02-07, 20:22
Can someone please point me to the post that describes how to set up the TS client etc, have a new pc and need to reinstall it but the original setup thread seems to have disappeared...

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136834

J J
06-02-07, 20:48
http://209.85.12.234/7254/90/emo/doh.gif Sorry, I read that thread a couple of times but didn't scroll down far enough. thanks mate.

Lifewaster
06-02-07, 20:52
As of patch 164, PPU Self-Shields are again broken when you zone. (So ignore what I said earlier, about ignoring what I had said even earlier :p)

The current situation is now again this :

Also if you zone after casting shields , your shields get reverted to "foreign cast" status , which doesnt make any diff if you have foreign shields on, but for PPUs/hybrids it has the effect of reducing your shields from 85% to 25% so be careful when zoning from a UG as a PPU. If possible its best to wait until after you zone to cast them.

(When this happens, your dmg log reports that you got the full shield, but in reality you got a nib shield, and your health flies down rapidly resulting in death.)

Dribble Joy
06-02-07, 21:33
Lifewaster is one of the besten testers I have ever met.
And very practical.
Much of 2.2 beta debugging occurs because of him.
I meant on a setup front rather than a testing one. Having equal defences in all dmg types prevents you from being caught out against things you don't 'expect'.

Sorry I couldn't make the event, unforseen issues prevented my return in time.

Lifewaster
06-02-07, 22:20
The event was pretty fun , if a bit laggy.

Antis defended and won first round ....then lost 2nd round .....so for 3rd round we swapped attacker/defender with Pros defending but Anti numbers had dwindled and we couldnt mount much of an attack.

ps: AK47/Ceres handgun with poison mods = nasty !

Brammers I think got some fraps (allthough mostly from a corpse :p)

Apocalypsox
07-02-07, 00:54
fuckin hell work made me miss it =/ Pics please? Anyone?

silent000
07-02-07, 01:54
I was expecting to see Apoc and Pantho :( but i did see brammers :angel:

Brammers
07-02-07, 02:52
Brammers I think got some fraps (allthough mostly from a corpse :p)

Someone pointed out to me afterwards that my clan tag reads "Don't shoot I'm Brammers" I think everyone missed out the "Don't" bit. :p

The fights were great, I know I got my APU setup quite well. My spy, I know isn't setup right at all. One thing I like about APU's now, is they are not dead so fast, and they need less PPU attention. More on my thoughts on the fighting tomorrow, but tell me what you guys thought of the fights.

As for the Fraps, I about 25 mins of Fraps edited down to 12 mins of fighting.

However I'm an Adobe Premiere nOOb. I somehow managed to trim the top and side edges so that you can't see my health or weapons. Unless anyone knows a way to make all the clips I've laid into a sequence zoom back out to show the whole screen, I'll probably have to re-lay the clips. Any tips on using Adobe Premiere (Including use this video package in future) are welcome.

Lifewaster
07-02-07, 06:01
Overall it seemed to me like no one died too fast , PEs and APus seemd to absorbing reasonable dmg , and Tanks were lasting a bit longer longer then both. Spies died quite a bit faster but not unreasonable so. Since spies also got a lot of kills it seemed.

PPUS casting HAB seemed to be a major impact in whether a PE/Tank died or not but was of lesser impact vs Spies.

PARA/DB was almost non-existent (so lots of ppl should like that) and PPUs spent most of their time healing and rebuffing ppl, or trying to HAB opponents.

The overall balance of PPU support with foreign shields/heals vs the dmg outputs ppl were giving seemed to be pretty good. They were considerably helpful, but didnt turn ppl into gods either.

PPUS themselves were almost unkillable for anything less then 6 combined runners...or 1-2 runners + another PPU to HAB and antiheal. Allthough getting stacked poison/fire from Ceres/AK47s followed by a HAB was quite nasty since stacks now last a long time and stay active after zoning , so this likely may become the default way to drop a ppu(might even become a use for the PE nanite anti-buff here)

jini
07-02-07, 08:14
Unfortunately, I still can't play this game without fps slowdown every time I was getting shot. I can sense a lot of improvement, but I can't test anything out.

Dogface
07-02-07, 09:32
Same with me jini. I was shot by a spy with a poison AK and it managed to push me from one side of the OP to the other and I didn't have more than 5 FPS the entire time I was being shot. There's something seriously wrong for me with 2.2, any weapons firing at me or just even around me completely screw my FPS to a point where I can't even control my character..

silent000
07-02-07, 09:47
Yes i loved the fact that i could no longer see para/DB but HABs were plenty of :D I would cast my 3 shields and run into the op and look back 1 minute lata to see they went :D

I also think its time to try the AK now its got new poison on it :D

nabbl
07-02-07, 10:22
we have to do this event again... cause its a draw :P

Pro-City wants to show u real fighting skills in evo 2.2 ;)

Except of the Droners in the end the event was very nice and i enjoyed it.

Jason Parker
07-02-07, 12:16
Same with me jini. I was shot by a spy with a poison AK and it managed to push me from one side of the OP to the other and I didn't have more than 5 FPS the entire time I was being shot. There's something seriously wrong for me with 2.2, any weapons firing at me or just even around me completely screw my FPS to a point where I can't even control my character..

Carnage mentioned in the german thread about the event, that the FPS slowdown may be caused by the heavy amount of events that are written into the clientside logs for DMG and all that. It could be a bit too much for machines with less than 1GB of Ram and older CPUs.

For me (lucky dude with 2 GIG Ram and 3GHz CPU Power) everything went fine in 1280x1024, frapsing the whole shit in full resolution with sound. Never went below 20 FPS, which is still enough to do some hits ;-)

silent000
07-02-07, 14:23
Pent 4 3.0 GHz 1 GB RAM and i didnt get any lagg i just got my own graphics problems which made me relog my client every 10 mins :( my card suxorz

gamefreak
07-02-07, 15:14
It was a quite funny fight, i even got some kills with the rhino in the end ;)

PS.: Go to hell damned sync spy with the AK :mad:

Zefrian
07-02-07, 16:21
seems, that it was pretty funny to much of us.
Then let's repeat that in ... let's say ... one week? --> 16.02.2007 , 19:00 GMT? :)
In this week we can fine-tune the charakter setups, based on our first experiences.

[date edit]

jini
07-02-07, 17:25

I don't know what kind of cpu you got, mine is AMD 2500+ or 3000+ so, I guess there is something wrong with AMD. AMD 2.5-3.0+ are almost equal if not superior to INTEL 3.0ghz. Yet those with Intels have no probs whatsoever. for me, jumping to Intel, it means to pay for essentially a new pc WITH OS lol. My older OS was DSP version, so it can't be transferred again :(

nabbl
07-02-07, 17:54
jini maybe u should reinstall the drivers for ure graphic card

There are softmodded drivers for ATI cards e.g.

jini
07-02-07, 18:14
ok I will nabbl. But at the same time, I am playing NC 2.1 fine, using the same pc/drivers. And this is what makes me mad. I could go as far as reinstalling everything, but why do I still play NC2.1 fine?

There is big chance that something sound related might stall my cpu. That same spy was shooting me yesterday using that AK. I wasn't facing him, but I couldn't hit other people. It was so annoying

Brammers
07-02-07, 18:18
Jini - what about the rest of your system? What sort of motherboard have you got, and what sort of harddisks have you got.

And also, how much ram?

Dogface
07-02-07, 18:20
I don't get these issues with 2.1. I could lag almost as much just from getting shot by a copbot like I've been testing in plaza 2 for a few hours on the test server. Any mob that shoots me will cause my FPS to go from something like 50 to less than ten, but only while the bullets are hitting me. Hell, I can OP war on Terra and get hit by a Devourer and still have better FPS than getting hit by several mobs in NC 2.2, which is such a huge issue for me.

Carnage said this so-called 'particle system' hasn't changed but something else definately has..

jini
07-02-07, 18:31
Bramms, it's a 3500+ amd I was wrong... It runs @2.2Ghz, so maybe this is the prob. My gfx is a GF68000GT and Ram is a whooping 2GB. Mobo I forget but its a hiend (at the time) one from asus I think. Here is the sys report:

Dribble Joy
07-02-07, 18:35
I think it may have something to do with the fact all weapon hits cause a degree of knock back. Even getting hit by a mad copbot hits my fps hard.

dodgefahrer
07-02-07, 18:40
It was a quite funny fight, i even got some kills with the rhino in the end ;)

Hehe untill we kill the Rhino and u :D

Yeah verry funny fight but the drones must be nerfed.

Same time next week we see us again.

Dogface
07-02-07, 18:47
Yeah the droners kinda ruined it..

Brammers
07-02-07, 19:01
Bramms, it's a 3500+ amd I was wrong... It runs @2.2Ghz, so maybe this is the prob. My gfx is a GF68000GT and Ram is a whooping 2GB. Mobo I forget but its a hiend (at the time) one from asus I think. Here is the sys report:

Asus A8N-E or something like that? From what you posted, my spec is fairly close to your PC. I've recently updated the CPU in mine to a 4600 X2, but before then I was running a 3500+ like you, and I don't recall ever getting slideshow moments, espically in the Neocronstruct.

The only big difference is the GFX card, I'm on a 7800GT but considering your GF68000GT isn't that old for NC2, so I don't think thats the problem.

jini
07-02-07, 21:42
ok It's an asus a8n-sli premium.
Will first try and see if I can upgrade it using 2core AMD cpus, and keeping all the rest.

edit: pheww, it supports double cores. Im gonna upgrade tomorrow...

Brammers
08-02-07, 11:47
Ok here is a low-res video of the fight.

http://www.techhaven.org/downloads/task,doc_details/gid,114/ About 10 mins in length.

There is a hi-res version in 1024x768 coming later as well, but that will be hosted somewhere else, as it's quite a big file.

jini
08-02-07, 12:03
Well, I can't find any dual core cpu. mobo+intel cpu costs 300e to upgrade: the price to pay for 1year of tech advancement

Trivaldi
08-02-07, 12:12
I've added the video link to the first post so people can find it easier, if it changes or needs updating just send me a PM.

Triv

nabbl
08-02-07, 12:37
Ok here is a low-res video of the fight.

http://www.techhaven.org/downloads/task,doc_details/gid,114/ About 10 mins in length.

There is a hi-res version in 1024x768 coming later as well, but that will be hosted somewhere else, as it's quite a big file.

nice vid :)

im waiting for the high qual ver.

maybe jason releases his fraps movies too?

jini
08-02-07, 13:08
ok.
Not bad footage, but I would preferred that you videoed from a drone, or maybe even an LEd runner, so that they would let you alone lol. This way video is still cool, but way too fast for spectators to understand what's going on.

Very nice music.
I wish I could see myself, how fast I was when I was lagging, but I couldnt in the end :(

silent000
08-02-07, 13:46
Downloading now....I better be in it!

EDIT/ Just seen it and everytime i am seen im going for brammers :cool: I was on Propane btw not anything named after a biscuit ;)

Brammers
08-02-07, 23:16
Ok the Hi-Res version is now available for download.

Quan Op Fight I (Lo-Res) 46megs (http://www.techhaven.org/downloads/task,doc_details/gid,114/)
Quan Op Fight I (Hi-Res) 107megs (http://www.techhaven.org/downloads/task,doc_details/gid,115/)

Brammers
09-02-07, 14:02
Ok the next op-fight will be on Friday 16th at Feb 19:00 GMT. Once again it will be at Jeriko.

As before, to keep things simple, it will be a red vs blue fight. Any City Mercs, just pick a side. :D

@ Mods - Can you add a link to this post in the starting post please? Thanks!

Lodar
09-02-07, 14:06
@ Mods - Can you add a link to this post in the starting post please? Thanks!

Done. :D

Jason Parker
09-02-07, 15:05
nice vid :)

im waiting for the high qual ver.

maybe jason releases his fraps movies too?

At the Moment VD is processing the OP Fight Video. I also found that I frapsed our 2 Fights in the PvP Duel Zone we had afterwards. The ones where you tested out the Nanites against me, i encodet them too.
Problem is I don't have a Mirror, I'll put them up on Roberts NVA Site I guess.
Anyone wanting to Mirror them feel free to do so.
I'll leave a Message as soon as I've put them up on Roberts Site.

Seraphin[69]
10-02-07, 21:16
Waoo FFS... it's even worse that what I could have imagined...

I almost felt asleep watching that fight...

The fight on test server is sooooooooooooooo slow...

Please tell me it won't be that way when it hits retail ??!!

jini
11-02-07, 09:31
Seraphin, come back you n00b...now that I got my new cpu :p
I bet you ll get some 3-4 mos before 2.2 hits all of us

Seraphin[69]
11-02-07, 10:15
It's not that I don't want to come back actually...

It's just that I don't want to have fun with that game again and be disgusted by that crappy 2.2 !

From my point of view and from the different videos I've seen :

Apus have been pretty well nerfed with cast rate and reticle (which is a good point I guess)

Spies have been hit because of the nanite technology : they don't use their psi buff anymore and nanites costs money (that's not a problem on a test server with money NPC but on a retail server you'll be forced to grind a lot to buy those)

PEs are actually the happiest class with xbow (60%xray 40% energy) that pierce throw a lot of setups due to the actuall lack of xray armors and to the fact modded weapon only do up to 25% xray. (and don't tell me put underwears instead of PA cause as the weapons are now damn hard to cap you need the extra STR/DEX etc..)

PPUs are the funniest ATM : you zone, you get your shields reduced to 25%, you heal other people like crap... all you can do is rez for ages

Heavy tanks are screwed by their runspeed with weapon out, their CS is weak and they are forced to use the bugged ravager

Melee tanks are screwed by netcode and its differents positions client/server side (since the PSI patch applied to NC a while ago)

Leveling in no longer possible : it takes ages to kill a single mob, caves have become a nightmare, and some areas are no longer bearable (MC5 area, DoY tunnel level 2 and 3 and even level 1 when you fight the AOE guys).
You'll use more money to buy the ammo than the mob will give you as a reward.

And finally talking about the issues we had in NC2, they are still here...

Nah honestly if that "thing" hit retail one day, they should, in memory for the current very good game, DON'T call it Neocron. Neocron deserves something better than that crap... Keep the original name to the good original game !

cl0wn
11-02-07, 13:12
ROFL if thats what pvp's gonna be like in 2.2 then fuck me.... how many people will put up with that... from what i watched of that video.. i doubt many things... 2.2 NEEDS "ALOT" of work.

Dribble Joy
11-02-07, 17:13
'](and don't tell me put underwears instead of PA cause as the weapons are now damn hard to cap you need the extra STR/DEX etc..)
There's no cap, not that you necessarily need to cap a weapon anyway.
As far as I know, the underwear have higher armours than the PAs to maintain a balance (of sorts, it's not perfect) with them.

Anyway, if you feel there are serious issues, make them known in the balance forum rather than simply having a go. Offer some suggestions and changes and make a case against the current 2.2 situation.

calim
12-02-07, 20:27
Spies have been hit because of the nanite technology : they don't use their psi buff anymore and nanites costs money (that's not a problem on a test server with money NPC but on a retail server you'll be forced to grind a lot to buy those)

Agreed !

cl0wn
13-02-07, 17:15
If a spy wants to use nanites to heal you have to go to the tank nanite guy and use that one... thats still screwed up that a spy has to use a nanite thats made for a tank...

nabbl
15-02-07, 19:48
what about using a tl10 heal ? -.-

Chenoa
15-02-07, 20:46
Closed for a new thread incoming

Trivaldi
15-02-07, 21:14
New thread: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137968

Triv