PDA

View Full Version : A night with NC...

Bredahl
27-01-07, 02:02
starts NC

starts NC again

starts NC again

Fuck this - closes NC.

Its been like this the whole day for me..
I have succeeded logging in about 8 times out of +200 today.. Anyone else having a hard time loggin in?

My ping is slightly higher than normal though (gonna call my internet provider tommorow and ask if they know whats going on) - my normal ping is 40-50 and today it have been around 130 - so not sure whats going on :(

Not gonna try and log in more today though.. Getting way too pissed at NC

Edit: btw the bug im having is - no money, no SL, no items in QB nor in inv. + perma sync ofc :rolleyes:

Apocalypsox
27-01-07, 02:55
Sucks for you. Works fine for me.

Dribble Joy
27-01-07, 04:41
The zero stat bug is usually down to some form of network problem between you and the server.
The annoying thing is that relogging often won't work, the server creates a 'zombie' char that doesn't log out as fast as normal, meaning you just end up logging back into the bugged char over and over again. Logging out and waiting 30 secs - 1 min can help, but if it's your connection that's an issue, then you're allways going to have trouble.

Bredahl
27-01-07, 05:12
well my ping is normal again - still have the log in problem..
Hmm DJ that kinda makes sence (stupid buggy NC lol).. gonna try and wait when i get the bug. thx hehe

Atreides
27-01-07, 13:18
Same problem here since I've changed my isp some days ago.

Ping is not the best... ~90 - 120...

Is there a chance to avoid the loggingproblems by using fastpath?

TicketInspector
27-01-07, 14:19
Haha GG,.. "HI FIAVE" @ Bredahl

tbh, thats the worst I've heard ofneocron login bugs since 2.1 ... try reinstall and repatch?

Zheo
27-01-07, 15:29
Think of it like this:

Your Computer - Lots Of Other Computers/Servers - Neocron.

Now lets say along that path there's a shitty connection.

Your boned, why? Well it's not you, so you can't do anything, and it's not neocron's severs so they can't do anything.

Unless you can trace the problem and go fix it, your boned! :D

Dribble Joy
27-01-07, 16:46
Try pinging the NC servers (I've forgotten the IP, but it's on the forums somewhere), it should show you the route to them and where any higher pings are coming from along the way.

ashley watts
27-01-07, 22:49
<3 Teh gottsa :D

Hmmm, odd though mines been fine all week :confused:

a4nic8er
27-01-07, 22:52
In a Command Prompt (DOS window) type....

tracert 62.140.29.52

This will trace your routing to Terra server.

Examine the results, looking for things like this...
16 333 ms * 333 ms 212.162.3.84
17 * 340 ms 336 ms 62.140.29.52...which shows that Terra and the hop before it were both dropping packets (at the time of that test).

N.B. You may find that packets are being dropped by OTHER nodes along the route. If that is the case, there is little you can do about it other than complain to your ISP and hope that they send notification about the issues upstream.

Speedball
28-01-07, 00:42
Sucks for you. Works fine for me.

A game that you pay+monthpay should workk for everyone...

rob444
28-01-07, 00:58
Why aren't reakktor improving their netcode? Seriously, it's been like this as long as I can remember. How hard can it be to "resume" a connection establishment after a packet loss? And the client fucks up after a second attempt which forces you to restart NC to connect again...

Bredahl
28-01-07, 01:44
Ok i reinstalled

starts NC

havent had the bug since though (out of the 5-6 times ive logged in today)

Faid
28-01-07, 18:08
I used to have this problem a while back and it is the most frustrating thing in the world! I used to try to stay on one char because I knew if I relogged it would take 50+ attempts and a ton of time :lol: It just fixed itsself one day, and I havent had any problems since.

gstyle40
28-01-07, 18:30
I used to have this problem a while back and it is the most frustrating thing in the world! I used to try to stay on one char because I knew if I relogged it would take 50+ attempts and a ton of time :lol: It just fixed itsself one day, and I havent had any problems since.

i think i remember that :D

Bozz-Von Mel
28-01-07, 21:22
I had a similar problem and didn't play for months. I ended up opening up ports designated for NC in my software and hardware firewalls. NC works fine now.