PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 H.U.D.S

tarasm
23-01-07, 05:45
Hey so now we have to wait 2 more weeks before we can get the huds.So was wondering can you guys post who made huds so we can actually see how many huds were made..ANd see what to except.

calim
23-01-07, 14:05
yes, please :)

tarasm
23-01-07, 18:38
So....No one made??Thats why KK said 2 weeks..So we all forget and then it never comes out.

gamefreak
23-01-07, 19:15
noone will ever get mine :lol:

Dogface
23-01-07, 19:53
That is exactly the reason why these competitions don't benefit the community as much as they could - because of people like you.

elGringo
23-01-07, 20:13
That is exactly the reason why these competitions don't benefit the community as much as they could - because of people like you.

You can be grateful for people who do sacrifice time and effort for the community - you cannot however excpect or force someone to do it. If he doesnt want to share _his work_ that is absolutely legit.

I'm also reworking the HUD, yet not taking part in this contest... so far I haven't decided on releasing it when it's done - and before anyone steps up to lable me an arrogant bitch that harms the community... think about what community contributions you've taken advantage of so far and how much you very self have given in return. Imo there's only a few peeps on this board who can rightfully point at others with that line.

james_finn
24-01-07, 09:06
You can be grateful for people who do sacrifice time and effort for the community - you cannot however excpect or force someone to do it. If he doesnt want to share _his work_ that is absolutely legit.

I'm also reworking the HUD, yet not taking part in this contest... so far I haven't decided on releasing it when it's done - and before anyone steps up to lable me an arrogant bitch that harms the community... think about what community contributions you've taken advantage of so far and how much you very self have given in return. Imo there's only a few peeps on this board who can rightfully point at others with that line.

I have to agree there, I too am working on a HUD that was going to try to be released to the community through the competition, but the lack of enthusiasm from the community at the moment has stopped me. I dont think many people realise how painstakingly hard it is to make the HUD when you have to make it pixel by pixel. The reason there is a lack of people willing to do these things for the community is the fact that there is always a lacklustre response, www.nc-wiki.com (http://www.nc-wiki.com) for example, people said they wanted one, so I set one up with the help of some well known people on the forums. Currently no one has added anything to the site for the last 45 days from my records, and even then the last flurry of anything done to the site was by myself.

If you want the resources - you need to help the people making them.

/Delphi

rob444
24-01-07, 12:19
I have to agree there, I too am working on a HUD that was going to try to be released to the community through the competition, but the lack of enthusiasm from the community at the moment has stopped me. I dont think many people realise how painstakingly hard it is to make the HUD when you have to make it pixel by pixel. The reason there is a lack of people willing to do these things for the community is the fact that there is always a lacklustre response, www.nc-wiki.com (http://www.nc-wiki.com/) for example, people said they wanted one, so I set one up with the help of some well known people on the forums. Currently no one has added anything to the site for the last 45 days from my records, and even then the last flurry of anything done to the site was by myself.

If you want the resources - you need to help the people making them.

/Delphi

I'd love to update nc-wiki.com and help out but I don't got any active account atm so I can't take screenshots of mobs and put up updated info about them :(. In time though, in time....

Brammers
24-01-07, 13:16
I'd love to update nc-wiki.com and help out but I don't got any active account atm so I can't take screenshots of mobs and put up updated info about them :(. In time though, in time....

Ok for what you want to do for the wiki, an active account helps. ;)

You don't need an active Neocron account. If you got information that can be added without an account go for it! ;)

Edit: Before I get slapped by the Mods for going off-topic. There's 4 entries for the HUD contest (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137751) to vote on.

Heavyporker
24-01-07, 16:53
James, it's not just the pixel-by-pixel work, it's the fonts and hardcoded areas that makes it very difficult to make any meaningful change to the HUD!

I'm almost considering just throwing out the text areas and making iconographic symbols in their place.

Powerpunsh
25-01-07, 00:06
amox's one is the best. :D

ashley watts
25-01-07, 18:04
noone will ever get mine :lol:

I wouldent post yours either Mr. Gamefreak, for one main bad reason :cool: I know your secret !

Zerion
29-01-07, 08:50
I was clicking around on google image and I found this HUD... sexy as hell imho.
Not a clue if it's old/new (guessing it was from the days where everyone protected their con-setup with their lives, so prolly old) legal/illegal, but I likey...alot.

mccaff
29-01-07, 09:22
I was clicking around on google image and I found this HUD... sexy as hell imho.
Not a clue if it's old/new (guessing it was from the days where everyone protected their con-setup with their lives, so prolly old) legal/illegal, but I likey...alot.

Similar to BaDaSS' entry, an NC2 RPOS so I assume an old illegally used one.

netster
29-01-07, 10:52
where is that rpos posted by someone on the synergyxr-forum? :(
post your files pls... its a hoteh!

Faid
29-01-07, 17:24
Netster I'll see if I can dig it up, I think it was Pantho's and hes been on a, shall we call it 7 day temp vacation :angel:

kurai
29-01-07, 17:52

heh That would be my design someone is using. :p

See http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=136225

It originally dates from the first few days of the NC2.0 beta, well over 2 years ago.
I gave the layout files to a few people to play with however they liked when the HUD competition was announced.

Dogface
29-01-07, 18:13
You ever coming back to NC Kurai?

kurai
29-01-07, 18:51
The odds aren't good.

Even if the 2.2 re-working suddenly increases in scope and results by a factor of 10 it's still a tiny, *tiny* band-aid on what is, by now, a very smelly and mouldy old corpse.
You can poke it with a stick and make it move a little - that doesn't mean it's alive in any meaningful sense, however ;)

All issues with the out-dated core system aside ... population is the main issue.
If there were a decent number of players around to give you a fun time, then the deficiencies of the system could be overlooked.

Population has been in the toilet since the debacle that was NC1 patch 166/167 back in Feb 2003.
(eventual fix of the Level 3 imps not dropping, which had dragged on for many months and terminally fucked the entire game economy - change to dropping belts upon death - change of LoM pills to loss of level without warning, despite many prior promises of advance notice - mob armour and damage shot up, leading directly to the positive feedback loop that gave us ludicrously unbalanced monk-o-cron - etc etc.)

Player numbers went into freefall almost overnight - 50% were gone within 4 weeks. It's never recovered.

It saddens me to say it, but given how much the rest of the gaming world has moved on, even since the NC2 re-vamp, I can't seriously see 2.2 offering much that would be considered significant enough to a snare a potential new/returning player. :(

Dribble Joy
29-01-07, 19:45
People coming back to NC for 2.2 shouldn't really expect anything new, but unfortunately they will. Although there will be something akin to balance (one hopes) the game itself remains largely unaltered. If we want more players we need a better payment method and actual content.

mccaff
29-01-07, 20:27
where is that rpos posted by someone on the synergyxr-forum? :(
post your files pls... its a hoteh!

Whilst modding the RPOS is now legal, distributing RPOS's is only allowed after KK have approved them.

Submission of modified R.P.O.S. packages for the publishing on the Neocron 2 product site

Specifically modified R.P.O.S. packages can be submitted by e-mail (community@reakktor.info) in the form of RAR or ZIP archives. After examination, these packets will be published on the Neocron 2 product site. The publication of unapproved modified R.P.O.S. files or packages on the official forum is not permitted and will be punished as a breach of the forums’ terms of service. For discussion purposes a special subsection will be arranged in the player guide section of the official forum.

Source (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136215)

Although I guess if you share it on another forum / MSN it wouldn't break the ToS.

Pantho
30-01-07, 02:02
Netster I'll see if I can dig it up, I think it was Pantho's and hes been on a, shall we call it 7 day temp vacation :angel:

Politly put :)

Mine sucks, i believe el sexy one your talking about -

No idea when he will finish it- but i WANT IT!

:D
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4343/shot0007dh5.jpg

blackpheonix
30-01-07, 02:33
tis nice :)

netster
31-01-07, 09:04
pantho ... share it..... pllleeeeaaaasssseeeee ! >.<

Bredahl
31-01-07, 17:03
gimme gimme pantho! :D looks very nice tbh

Faid
31-01-07, 17:23
That is not Pantho's HUD, it was made by another SXR member Named Foo AFAIK. And I dont think he quite finished it. :angel:

rob444
31-01-07, 17:40
A monk instead of the old classic body. Monkocron!

Apocalypsox
31-01-07, 17:58
I Hope the monk model is interchangeable...i want a spy/Tank there...

RogerRamjet
31-01-07, 18:05
Politly put :)

Mine sucks, i believe el sexy one your talking about -

No idea when he will finish it- but i WANT IT!

:D
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4343/shot0007dh5.jpg

Excellent RPOS.

I wish i wsn't crap with photoshop so I could have made mine :(

gamefreak
31-01-07, 22:09
i startet a new one, but it's kinda shit >.<
http://mitglied.lycos.de/gamefreaky/shot0007a.JPG

any ideas for a cool hud ?

Apocalypsox
31-01-07, 22:33
i wish someone would make one less blocky...I Had my blocks in NC1 thank you.

Pantho
01-02-07, 05:27
Seriously FFS . Not my hud. just a pic i found on SXR public section -

It might not even be released, it might be private.. go ask foo... :)

Durandal|AI
01-02-07, 11:59
i startet a new one, but it's kinda shit >.<
http://mitglied.lycos.de/gamefreaky/shot0007a.JPG

any ideas for a cool hud ?

nettest modifiziertes crosshair das du da hast mein freund...

RogerRamjet
01-02-07, 13:51
nettest modifiziertes crosshair das du da hast mein freund...

Wer gibt eine scheisse, mein freund. ;)